Naruto's Breaking Point

By zezenkai

Not My Fanfic Credit Goes To zentary On Fanfiction.net More

chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8

Chapter 1

762 8 1
By zezenkai

FanFiction
Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Naruto's Breaking Point by zentary
Anime » Naruto Rated: M, English, Romance & Drama, Naruto U., Hinata H., Words: 39k+, Favs: 1k+, Follows: 946, Published: Aug 16, 2010 Updated: Oct 26, 2010
468Chapter 1: Prologue
Naruto's Breaking Point

Prologue

Naruto sighed. So much had happened to him in the past five years. He had left the Leaf Village right after he had brought back Sasuke Uchiha from The Valley of the End. Like he promised the Uchiha, he had broken every bone in his body; well almost. When he returned, he was greeted by Sakura. Although it wasn't the greeting he had been expecting.

Flashback

"Well Sasuke looks like we're back at the village now." Naruto commented through gritted teeth, as the bleeding Chidori hole in his chest was very painful.

Naruto could see the massive gates of the village. He walked past them to see Sakura standing there waiting for him. He gave a weak smile and was about to say hi when he noticed her eyes grew wide as she rushed over to them.

"What did you do to Sasuke-kun!" Sakura screamed at Naruto before ripping Sasuke from his hands and knocking her blonde-haired teammate to the ground in the process.

"I, I brought him back," Naruto stammered while clutching his chest in discomfort.

"It looks like you almost killed him you baka!"

"But, but Sakura-chan, I told you I would bring him back and I did. I fulfilled my prom..."

"SLAP!"

The sound of the slap seemed to echo throughout Konoha, as Naruto touched his face and didn't know what to say. He gazed at Sakura in shock, who was glaring at him with tears flowing down her face as she yelled.

"Look what you did to Sasuke-kun! Did you see those wounds he had? You did this to him! I told you to bring him back to me, not to bring him back beat up and almost at the brink of death!"

"But Sakura-chan, I didn't have a choice... I…"

"SLAP!"

"Shut up! I don't want to listen to you! Were you trying to kill him, you, you, monster?" Naruto glanced up at Sakura with confusion and hurt gleaming in his eyes, as he heard the young kunoichi snarl with derision and hate.

"I ask you to do one simple thing, and you screw it up! You really are the dobe Sasuke-kun always called you, because you can't you do anything right! You truly are the dead-last and no matter what you do, Sasuke-kun will always be better than you!"

Naruto just sat there as she started shouting out insults before something inside him finally broke. He had only done what she had tearfully begged him to do, but it apparently wasn't good enough. During her rant of insults he snapped.

"SAKURA, SHUT UP!"

Sakura gasped in shock at the force and the fury within Naruto's voice directed towards her and even noticed that he had dropped the chan suffix from her name.

"So, this is the thanks I get for bringing back your precious Sasuke-kun to you Sakura? You selfish, ungrateful bitch! All I have ever done my whole life is given my blood, sweat, and tears for you, hoping to make you happy and be your friend, but you're right, I am a dobe! You want to know something funny Sakura? As I was fighting for my life against the teme, I actually thought that you would feel sad if I died trying to bring him back to you like I promised! Now I realize, you wouldn't have cared if I had died trying to keep that promise, if it meant your precious Sasuke-kun was alive and well! Kami, I'm such an idiot for believing that you ever gave a damn about me!"

"But, but you hurt Sasuke-kun," Sakura tearfully stammered, fearful of Naruto's new attitude towards her.

"Same typical Sakura, always with the one track mind and always about Sasuke! Everything and everyone be damned, especially me!"

When Sakura couldn't even answer the young shinobi and only sob, Naruto spat with disgust at his teammate and said with venom dripping from his voice, "Fine! Take Sasuke! I don't care anymore! I've only ever done what's asked of me, but I see now it will never be enough! This is goodbye, Sakura! I hope you're happy with this prick!"

Naruto turned around and left the village. He gripped his chest in pain as he took off as fast as his wounded body would take him.

Tsunade arrived at the gate, but she was to late to stop the damage that had been done.

"Where's Naruto?" Tsunade wondered.

"That baka left. Look what he did to Sasuke-kun!" Sakura cried.

"What! What did you say to him?" Tsunade asked.

When she answered, Tsunade walked over, grabbed Sakura by the throat, and held her in the air. Tsunade, at the moment, planned on choking the life out of her.

"Tsunade, stop! You can't just go and kill her!" Shizune pleaded with her sensei.

"Why the hell not! What she said to Naruto made him leave right after coming back!" she yelled.

At this point Sakura's face was turning color from lack of oxygen. Tsunade finally let go of Sakura and ordered a few shinobi to take the now unconscious Sakura and badly beaten Sasuke to the hospital.

A young girl with indigo hair stood in an alley. She had watched the whole thing. She couldn't move or say anything. She just stood there crying. She was also angry. She had never felt like that towards anyone, but Sakura had done something she would never forgive her for.

End of flashback

That event still made Naruto's blood boil. After that, he had closed himself off from everyone. He would not be hurt again. Shortly after his departure from the Leaf Village, he ran into Itachi and Kisame. They were in need of his services.

Flashback

It had been a few weeks since Naruto left the village. He had taken a few small jobs in the various towns he stopped in to provide the little he needed of himself. He lived in the woods to keep out of sight of people that may try to find him. Naruto was currently packing the few belongings he had when two figures appeared near him.

Naruto knew who they were since they tried to take him away a few weeks earlier.

"Well, well, if it isn't Kisame and Itachi. You guys trying to capture me again for the furball?"

"No, not this time around, kid," Kisame replied.

"Kisame is correct. This time we are in need of your help. We thought it was odd when the order was sent out for us to capture the tailed beasts. Therefore, after our encounter, we did some digging. It seems Madara Uchiha is controlling our leader, and we require your assistance."

Naruto thought about it for a time. He came to the conclusion that he really had nothing left to lose.

"Alright, but what's in it for me?" Naruto asked

"Well, what do you want?" Itachi asked.

"Well, if we manage to pull this off, and I live, I want you two to train me."

Itachi looked at Kisame who just shrugged in agreement.

"We find this to be acceptable. Myself and Kisame will train you if we manage to succeed with this plan," Itachi replied.

Itachi and Naruto shook on it. He left with Kisame and Itachi to put their plan into motion.

End of flashback

Naruto took a sip of his sake. The plan had succeeded, but when they tried to kill Madara, he managed to escape. Madara had run to the Hidden Sound Village that was controlled by Orochimaru. They tried to find him within the village, but were unable to locate him.

The Akatsuki, since Madara was unable to control Pein any longer. They were mercenaries for hire now. Much like they were when they first started. They didn't look for the tailed beasts any longer, as that was never their goal in the first place. The group did help out people for free from time to time, but not very often.

Naruto was grateful to this group because Itachi and Kisame had kept their word. The two trained Naruto and taught him everything they knew. They admitted him into their group, but he didn't wear the same cloak as they did. He hated those red clouds. He just wore a plain black cloak. Naruto carried two Ninjato that he used often. His swords were concealed under his cloak so you wouldn't know that he had them until he went to use them.

Naruto had done quite a few things he wasn't too proud of while with this group, but it was just a job. He was an expert assassin now, but he didn't really like doing that sort of job.

Naruto took another sip of his sake. His mind switched to events that are more recent. Like the fact that Orochimaru and Madara had somehow aligned themselves with The Land of Earth and The Land of Lightning. Their overall scheme was probably the destruction of The Village Hidden in the Leaves, Naruto's former village.

He really didn't care, but the Pein cared, and had planned to form an alliance with the Leaf Village and their allies. Naruto hated this plan. He never wanted to return to that place, but it seemed like this was just one of those times he didn't have a choice in the matter.

He thought about the argument he had with Pein over the issue a couple of days back.

Flashback

"You've got to be kidding! I'd rather see that place burn!" Naruto yelled.

"I understand your feelings, Naruto, but we can't allow Madara to have his way any longer. This must be done, even if you dislike the prospect."

"Dislike is not a harsh enough word to describe how I feel about it, Yahiko."

"Naruto, I need your help on this one. I need people who once lived there to do the negotiations. We will be helping Konoha and their allies from now on, and that's the final verdict. Do you think Sasori wants to deal with his past in the Sand village? I doubt Kisame wishes to deal with his problems in Kiri either. I've already sent word to their Hokage that we will be coming in two days, but I did not say you were among our ranks. I felt that was something you should tell them, since they don't know."

"Fine, I'll do it." Naruto began to walk out but suddenly stopped and looked back at Yahiko. "But this is your only favor, Yahiko." Naruto walked out of the room.

Yahiko knew the story of Naruto's life in the Leaf Village. He felt bad for him. Yahiko never really felt bad for anyone, but he did feel bad for Naruto. He wouldn't want to return either, if he were Naruto.

End of Flashback

Naruto sighed. He had been drinking sake all day since he got the news he'd be returning to the place where it all started for him today. He looked at the seven bottles that he already drank. He reached out for another, when someone stopped him.

"Naruto, drinking won't help. At least, not for long," Itachi stated.

"I know," he muttered.

"You know today is the day we will be returning to the leaf village," Itachi said as he sat down on the opposite side of the table from Naruto.

"Yeah, I know. I just planned on never returning to that place."

"Yes, well, life hardly ever works out how we plan it, Naruto."

"Ain't that the truth," Naruto said as he grabbed the last bottle of sake. "Why don't you have a drink with me?" Naruto asked, shaking the bottle slightly.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt." Itachi held out a drinking dish for Naruto to pour some sake in.

"Did you ever think you would go back to the village, Itachi?"

"No. I never thought a day would come where I would go back to defend that place."

Itachi hadn't seen Naruto this depressed since he asked him what happened for him to leave the village. He hadn't had a stellar departure from the village either, but it seemed Naruto's was a lot harder on him.

"Well, at least once your little secret is out you will be welcomed back with open arms. While I will still be hated as the demon brat no matter what I do," Naruto said sadly, as he looked at what remained of the sake in the clay bottle.

He quickly chugged the remains of the bottle. Naruto reached into his coat and took out his old forehead protector that had a slash across it. He slowly put it on his head. He never had planned to wear it ever again, but he thought it would be appropriate to wear it now.

End prologue

Hope you enjoyed please take the time to review :)

Thank you to all those who leave reviews as I do take the time to read them all and I thoroughly enjoy reading what you the readers have to say. :)

Thanks go to Kingkakashi for his invaluable assistance. This prologue and chapter one (which is almost done) wouldn't even be half as good with out his help.

So do check out Kingkakashi's story Naruto vs Sasuke The Aftermath. To be honest it is one of the best stories I've read on this site. :) Also thanks go to Kingkakashi for the summary he came up with for this story.

Thanks go to my Beta who came up with the title of this story.

And be sure to check out my other stories Jiraiya's last student The Demon King and The Animal I've Become

I know new story I really should just focus on my current ones. This is just one of several story's that are on my hard drive that I never thought I would post.

No Naruto is not a drunk or anything if that's what some of you are thinking.

Ch 1 of 8 Next »

Review

Jump:
Share: Email . Facebook . Twitter
Story: Follow  Favorite
Author: Follow  Favorite
Contrast: Dark . Light
Font: Small . Medium . Large . XL
Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 132 9
𝒯𝒽𝒢𝓉 𝒩𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 γ€Œ Mini Fic δΈ€ Neji x Hinata 」 βπ‘¨π’π’•π’‰π’π’–π’ˆπ’‰ 𝒉𝒆 π’…π’Šπ’…π’'𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’‚π’˜π’‚π’Œπ’† 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓...
42.1K 865 21
This fan fiction is diverged from another writer who is better than me in the arts of fan fiction so this is his book named Hakureisaiga
184K 4.8K 17
Ummmm...it's basically a HaikyΕ« x reader fanfic, and I hope you enjoy!!! All rights reserved!!! I do not own HaikyΕ« or its characters and I most defi...
7K 51 25
this takes place in the sasuke retrieving arc were naruto fail to retreat sasuke to the leaf and was betrayed and banished him to never come back to...