Chapter 1

FanFiction
Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Naruto's Breaking Point by zentary
Anime » Naruto Rated: M, English, Romance & Drama, Naruto U., Hinata H., Words: 39k+, Favs: 1k+, Follows: 946, Published: Aug 16, 2010 Updated: Oct 26, 2010
468Chapter 1: Prologue
Naruto's Breaking Point

Prologue

Naruto sighed. So much had happened to him in the past five years. He had left the Leaf Village right after he had brought back Sasuke Uchiha from The Valley of the End. Like he promised the Uchiha, he had broken every bone in his body; well almost. When he returned, he was greeted by Sakura. Although it wasn't the greeting he had been expecting.

Flashback

"Well Sasuke looks like we're back at the village now." Naruto commented through gritted teeth, as the bleeding Chidori hole in his chest was very painful.

Naruto could see the massive gates of the village. He walked past them to see Sakura standing there waiting for him. He gave a weak smile and was about to say hi when he noticed her eyes grew wide as she rushed over to them.

"What did you do to Sasuke-kun!" Sakura screamed at Naruto before ripping Sasuke from his hands and knocking her blonde-haired teammate to the ground in the process.

"I, I brought him back," Naruto stammered while clutching his chest in discomfort.

"It looks like you almost killed him you baka!"

"But, but Sakura-chan, I told you I would bring him back and I did. I fulfilled my prom..."

"SLAP!"

The sound of the slap seemed to echo throughout Konoha, as Naruto touched his face and didn't know what to say. He gazed at Sakura in shock, who was glaring at him with tears flowing down her face as she yelled.

"Look what you did to Sasuke-kun! Did you see those wounds he had? You did this to him! I told you to bring him back to me, not to bring him back beat up and almost at the brink of death!"

"But Sakura-chan, I didn't have a choice... I…"

"SLAP!"

"Shut up! I don't want to listen to you! Were you trying to kill him, you, you, monster?" Naruto glanced up at Sakura with confusion and hurt gleaming in his eyes, as he heard the young kunoichi snarl with derision and hate.

"I ask you to do one simple thing, and you screw it up! You really are the dobe Sasuke-kun always called you, because you can't you do anything right! You truly are the dead-last and no matter what you do, Sasuke-kun will always be better than you!"

Naruto just sat there as she started shouting out insults before something inside him finally broke. He had only done what she had tearfully begged him to do, but it apparently wasn't good enough. During her rant of insults he snapped.

"SAKURA, SHUT UP!"

Sakura gasped in shock at the force and the fury within Naruto's voice directed towards her and even noticed that he had dropped the chan suffix from her name.

"So, this is the thanks I get for bringing back your precious Sasuke-kun to you Sakura? You selfish, ungrateful bitch! All I have ever done my whole life is given my blood, sweat, and tears for you, hoping to make you happy and be your friend, but you're right, I am a dobe! You want to know something funny Sakura? As I was fighting for my life against the teme, I actually thought that you would feel sad if I died trying to bring him back to you like I promised! Now I realize, you wouldn't have cared if I had died trying to keep that promise, if it meant your precious Sasuke-kun was alive and well! Kami, I'm such an idiot for believing that you ever gave a damn about me!"