Fire and Flight

By c-cshorty

Dabi x reader x hawks Mature rating: Language Violence Lemons Limes Abuse Book 1 I own none of the characte... More

Backstory
Insane
Real selves
Cold
Hungry
🍋Get in
Lucky
🍋sweetness
🍋migraine
The interview
🍋good girl

Ducky

0 0 0
By c-cshorty

The league doesn't normally give me days off but I told Father that I was going to do some recon to be an undercover hero and he let me off. I decided to go with a cute sundress in black with some fishnets.

I put on my combat boots and straightened my hair. I grabbed my black sun umbrella. I headed off to the park walking slowly while listening to Dont threaten me with a good time by Panic! At the disco.

I felt immersed into the song since my volume was so loud. I started to dance a little as I walked and I didn't care too much for the looks I was getting so I activated my quirk on a few of them and kept walking.

I stopped by a local coffee shop and got my favorite afternoon drink. I kept dance walking to the park until I reached the duck pond I find myself at everyday now.

As I sat down on the bench watching the ducks swim, welcome to the black parade by my chemical romance was playing. I sat there under my sun umbrella waiting for Hawks to show up.

I don't even bother looking at the clock because I know he is going to be at least a couple minutes late. The sun was so warm and comforting that I started to fall asleep and my guard was partially let down.

I had my headphones in so I couldn't hear footsteps behind me and suddenly someone had placed a hand on my shoulder. I freaked out and flipped them over my shoulder, also dropping my umbrella in the process. I get my bearings and realize I had just flipped Hawks onto his back and he was lightly coughing.

I took off my headphones, "You can't sneak up on my like that!"

"I'm sorry I didn't want to scare you. I just called out to you a couple of times without a response so I put my hand on your shoulder." He coughed one more time while sitting up, "Guess you're jumpy."

"Yeah sorry about that," I scratched the back of my neck and held out my other hand to help him stand.

He sat down with me in the bench and I put my headphones in my purse. "So you said you aren't a very famous hero. I haven't heard of any hero with purple hair or e/c eyes. I did look into it and a couple months ago a new hero was registered with the quirk wonderland. The Hero name was Alice. I'm guessing that is you?"

"Yeah and I haven't even gotten to go out or anything because no agency has picked me up. I'm the type of person who needs direction. I am terrible at free lance." I was lying through my teeth but he believed it all.

He smiled at me, "What took you so long to get your license?"

I blushed at his smile, "Well, someone has to take care of my dad right?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were a hero? I can get you a part time gig at my agency if the teacher thing doesn't work out." He was so real without his swagger I remember why I jumped him the other night.

I turned red thinking about the dream I had again, "I'm technically not a hero since I haven't saved anyone." My voice cracked when I said hero.

"Hey, there is one set of  questions to ask yourself when thinking if you are a hero or not." He looked into my eyes and his golden ones shone in the sun, "Do I want to help people? Do I have the power to do so? Will I help someone in danger if they need it?"

I smiled at him, "Yeah I guess that's true. You're so smart. Tell me more about what it's like to save people?"

"First, tell me about wonderland." Oh shit what do I say?

I laughed, "Why don't you just see for yourself? I will need your consent first."

"Oh so now we are asking permission to do things," he said while laughing. I hit him lightly on the shoulder, "Yes, okay you have my consent."

I looked into his eyes and let him experience the crazy hallucinations I put people under everyday, except I kept them pleasant.

After a few minutes I shut off my quirk and he blinked a few times and looked at me. "What just happened? I didn't move from this spot? What did you do to me?"

It was my turn to laugh, "It is a hallucination quirk. I can't control what they see, just the good or bad vibes they get. I've heard it's on par with dropping acid."

He shook his head and grabbed me by the shoulders, "Are you kidding! That was so much better than any acid!"

"Oh so you've taken acid?" I smirked at the hero as he got shy.

He finally came clean, "Okay yes but you can't tell anyone. Heros aren't supposed to mess with that stuff."

I laughed at him again, "Relax ducky. You act like none of us were ever teenagers experimenting with drugs. It's quite common."

"Alright but please promise me you won't tell anyone?" He gave me the puppy dog eyes.

I smirked, "Promise me a job at your agency if the teacher thing doesn't work out and I will!"

"Promise!! I promise!!" I ruffled his hair and he relaxed significantly. "Why don't we walk while we talk hero stuff." He held out his hand for me to take and I picked my sun umbrella back up.

We walked hand in hand through the park while he went on and on about his many rescue attempts and even about some of his sidekicks who have similar quirks to my own. They use it to calm down the victims and to ensnare the villians.

It made me feel nice that he was understanding of my quirk as a good thing and not just a bad thing like my Father made me feel. He even helped me prep some interview questions.

We eventually grabbed some food and sat down back by the duck pond and I started to feel sleepy in the sunlight. I lay my head on his shoulder as he talked. He stopped for a moment out of shock but he smiled and kept talking like nothing happened.

I fell asleep on his shoulder and he moved my head onto his lap. He let me lay there until I woke up around a half hour later. I woke up realizing I was in a public place.

I was startled and it started Hawks too. "What's wrong bunny?"

"I just realized I fell asleep," I pushed my hair out of my face and realized I drooled a bit. I wiped it off my face and some off my neck and thanked the gods none of it was on Hawks. "I am so sorry, the sun just makes me really sleepy."

"Oh so you're a night owl? Good thing the position at my agency is a night one. You could even take it if you get the teaching job." He smiled at me.

He then saw that some of the makeup on my neck wiped off and he saw bruising around the base of my neck. "Did someone hurt you?"

I freaked out about the hickies and remembered Father choked me against a fridge last night. "Yeah I just got jumped walking home last night. Instead of arresting him, I just gave him a bad trip and walked home."

"You have to arrest people. You have no arrests on your record. Or even arrest assists. You won't get recognized that way."

"Maybe I don't want to be recognized." I looked into my purse for some more makeup. It was then that he started noticing all the cuts on my arms and the stab wound in my leg through the fishnets.

He picked up my face by the chin gently, "Alice, are you sure home is safe for you?"

I swallowed and looked into his eyes, "I'm fine."

"That's not what I asked."

I ripped my head from his hand, "Quite frankly that is not relevant to why we are meeting today. It's best we drop the conversation."

He looked worried but nodded. We sat in silence as I fixed the makeup on my neck and I put my stuff away.

I stood up suddenly, "I don't think it's a good idea to see each other for a while."

"Is this because I'm concerned for you?" He stood up too. He walked in front of me to stop me from walking away. "Please don't let that be the reason. I won't ask again. I'll drop the subject."

"Why do you even care if a nobody like me is getting hurt anyhow? You barely know me." I turned away from him but didn't walk away.

He wrapped his arms around me from behind, "You're special. I know there is something about you that sets you apart."

Yeah I'm a villian. "Just leave me alone."

He spun me around, "You can't tell me that kiss meant nothing to you. You can yell at me all you want for boring into your private life but I will not have that be the reason you shut me out!"

I cut him off by kissing him. I don't think either of us was expecting that. He immediately changed his grip on me to pull me as close to him as he could. I held my hands against his chest while fighting myself about doing this.

Suddenly we saw a flash nearby.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 15K 53
"The world never helped me so why should I help it?" Your entire life has revolved around one thing: Phoenix. No matter how hard you tried, that word...
44.4K 800 35
Started: 19/10/2020 - Now Complete Enjoy the beautiful journey of getting to see Hawks get his ass together for you and your beautiful kids.
834K 15.6K 17
I don't have much of a description other than your the child of Shigaraki and gradually fall in love with a villain named Dabi. Read the info chapter...
62.7K 539 27
Just a random first story~ *UNDER HEAVY EDITING* If you notice a mistake please point it out so I can fix it.