Harper Isabel Todd

By geek-on-a-leash

"Isabel Todd," Leslie turned to Jason, "your daughter." ---------- It's been 3 months since Roy saved his ass... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 27

383 9 0
By geek-on-a-leash

Crime alley, a secured league of assassins' facility

"Alright, so Willis Todd," Slade nodded to himself and to Raja as if that explained everything, "now what?"

"I kill him," Raja almost scoffed, "what else?"

"Yeah, okay, I'm down with that, but why?"

"Don't you know who he is? What he's done? All the damage he's caused?"

"Isn't he the kid's dad?" Slade asked then added, "I mean sperm donor or whatever? Wouldn't the kid want some sort of closure or something?"

"Hmm, he'd want to kill him himself," Raja seemed to agree.

"That's not what I'm saying," Slade winced, not sure why though, "I don't think anyone would want to kill their own parent."

"Rose did," Raja deadpanned, "Grant too, I think Joey's the only one who might've not wanted to kill you."

"Fair," Slade couldn't help but admit, "but Jason's in a good place now, whatever the old man did, maybe the kid wants a second chance? Or-"

"He's never had a chance in the paternal department," Raja glared at Willis, "I'll kill him and we'll get this over with."

"You know I usually don't care, but what did he-"

"You ran Adeline off, you beat your children," Raja stated and could see Slade's demeanor changing to offensive, "but at least you waited until they could fight back, not when they were toddlers. This piece of filth?" Raja pointed at Willis with one of his daggers, "he ran off the bitch doctor, he hooked the somewhat decent mother on drugs, and then he used his child as a punching bag every time he got drunk or pissed or high!"

"Jason got out," Slade didn't know why he was trying to stop Raja from killing Willis; "I don't think he'd want that."

"He got out? Do you even know what his life was like? Or have you only read the files kept on record?" Raja asked in a challenging way, "Do you know how many times he's been let down?"

"Why are you so loyal to Jason? You were one of Ra's if I remember correctly," Slade's eye narrowed in suspicion, "you were not one of Talia's."

"I was," Raja didn't deny it.

"What made you flip?"

"I am not at liberty to say," Raja took a deep breath; "I suppose I should tell lady Talia that I have found the scum before disposing of it, perhaps the Prince would want a go too."

"Yeah, you probably should," Slade wasn't going to let this go, "how'd you find him anyway?"

"Valery," Raja waited for Talia to pick up.

"The hooker?"

"There are no more working girls in the Alley," Raja felt proud in that moment, "we've implemented and funded one of Hood's plans."

"The new hush-hush center? The HIT Center?" Slade grinned when Raja nodded and watched him walk deeper into the warehouse to talk to Talia.

That baby made them all soft, the Harper Isabel Todd Center, not that anyone knew what the acronym meant, was a recently refurbished abandoned building in the alley where people could learn self-defense, dance, music, languages, they could sleep, eat and live there if they chose; no questions asked. It was still whispers and rumors, but the ones in need crossed the city to get there. It was greenlit by the government; he had made one of the senators in Star City sign on papers not the one he beheaded, and of course league funding and supervision, obviously. It all made sense, well not all, why was Raja so invested in Jason Todd's legacy? Harper is adorable, but Raja's loyalty to Talia and Jason came before the baby even existed. Slade needed to do some digging.

"We can't kill him yet," Raja sounded like a toddler who'd been scolded by his parent after throwing a tantrum and denied desert, "but she's glad I found him before the other paternal failure."

Slade really wanted a standoff between Wayne and Raja; he would be filming, because that shit is going to be hilarious! Raja was one of Ra's personal guards, the man was old, he was one of the greatest, he helped train Shiva for fuck's sake, or so the rumors said, so Batman v. Raja? Slade's money was on Raja. So anyway, Willis Todd gets to live another day.

Slade was getting old for this shit! But that's what he gets for turning into a murder uncle for the bats, well it was for Harper, that baby had every person she met wrapped around her teeny tiny little finger!

Jason's safe-house, October 7th

"And that," Dick huffed and puffed a few breaths before kicking his legs and landing standing up, "is a simple handstand, I'll teach you in a few months!"

"Ahhhh," Harper tried to get on her head too, which consisted in Harper banging her head on the cushions of her fort to stand up, "gaaaa." If I can't do it, it's because it's stupid!

"No, I'm Dick, deeeee," Dick grinned and picked her, "deeee."

"Aahhhh," Harper laughed and grabbed Dick's cheeks and pulled, I like this one, "eeeee."

"She's making progress with the vowels," Dick told Jason who was doing pushups just outside the fort, "so cute!!!"

"Yeah she is," Jason stopped after 20 pushups, exhausted and tried not to let it bother him, "who would've thought the little super's idea would be so good? ooooo."

Jon had suggested they start teaching Harper the alphabet, and obviously she picked up the vowels the fastest. Damian had to pretend not to be bothered by the fact that he didn't come up with the idea but he was a bit busy with the preparations of the lawsuit. He did participate as he drew the letters in different fonts for Harper to recognize. Then Damian suggested they start her on sign language as well, and that was Cass' favorite day. Apparently, babies pick up sign faster than letters but Harper was doing well in both.

"OOOOO," Harper repeated loudly then squealed some even louder, "eeeee."

"Her voice is so," Dick winced when the high pitched voice leaving his niece's lips got closer to his ears.

"Melodic?" Jason grinned at Dick's obvious discomfort.

"Yeah, sure," Dick immediately surrendered Harper to Jason when he came to sit on the ground with them.

"So melodic, a classic symphony one might say, yeah?"

bzzz

"Yaaaaaa," Harper squealed some more.

"Guess who's coming Harper?" Dick sang, "he's on his way to see you."

"Ahhh," Harper turned towards Dick, simply because he used her name.

"Our little brother is coming, yes he is," Dick smiled at her before standing up to get the door.

"Isn't Damian supposed to be with Bruce and the lawyers today?" Jason cocked an eyebrow.

"We have more than one little brother," Dick reminded Jason.

"Duke is on patrol," Jason stated a little annoyed.

"I'm talking about Tim, Jason," Dick answered a little exasperated.

"Tim is not my brother," Jason was about to pick Harper up but was a bit caught in thought, Tim is sooo not my brother.

"Jay, come on, even after everything? I mean we're family! Don't you think it's a bit unfair of you to still treat him this way? What are you using him is that it?"

Dick can be so blind and oblivious sometimes.

"No, no, don't get me wrong," Jason had to tread carefully, because if Dick found out what Jason truly means then the big bird is definitely going to hide the baby bird from Jason on another planet, "Tim's family, but he's just not my brother."

"Jay-"

"No, hear me out," Jason took a deep breath, "and don't get this the wrong way, you and I were barely brothers but the implication was there you know? We went to functions, we lived in the same house for a hot minute, same idiot dad, and had to behave like it but it's coming together properly now. Me and Damian, that's brotherhood, you know? I'm pretty sure I would've changed his diapers if he'd been younger when I met him, and now it's going back there, not that I'll ever share those days with anyone! Not even the little shit himself! Duke and I, we don't talk about it, but shit happened before you officially came back from Spyral, yeah, he's my brother. But Tim and I? We never even lived in the same house and sharing a safe-house doesn't count. There's only bad blood in our history, and literal blood-"

"That's in the past-"

"Move on Dick, Tim is family, but he's not my brother," Jason concluded the discussion, I'm pretty sure I'm in love with him, stop shoving brotherhood down my throat dickhead, I'm not in love with Tim, am I?

"Heyyy, look who I picked up," Tim came in completely oblivious and carrying Damian the cat in his carrier.

Meow

"IIIIIII," Harper squealed, yet again.

"I don't know about you guys," Tim put the carrier on the floor and opened the little door only for the kitten to dart out towards Harper, "I think, I think, they're happy to see each other."

"It sure seems like it," Jason gave Tim a radiating smile and Dick still didn't notice what was going on, yep, I probably am.

"Hello your majesty," Tim kicked off his shoes and wore his home slippers before joining the party in the fort, "may I enter your castle?"

"Come on," Dick took Harper from Jason, "let's entertain the queen while our brother takes a shower."

"You can fudge off, dickiehead!" Jason huffed and avoided Tim's eyes and went to shower.

Tim tried not to cringe at the whole situation, unbeknownst to both Dick and Jason, Tim caught the last bit of their conversation and while he did appreciate Dick standing up for him – where was that when Bruce was lost in time? – He was glad Jason didn't see him as a brother! He's not supposed to think about his brother the way he thought about Jason.

"Come here Harper," Tim turned his attention to Harper instead of even broaching the subject with Dick.

"IIIIIIIII!" Harper squealed as she was moved into Tim's arms and then grabbed onto the kitten's ear when he snuggled closer to her.

"I love you Harper," Tim whispered it as if it were the most precious secret in the world.

"At what time are you leaving?" Dick asked him with a smile on his face, god they're both adorable!

"Once you give us the all clear before patrol, we need 45 minutes to Bludhaven, the jet is waiting there," Tim tried to pry Harper's fist from the kitten's ears, the cat didn't seem to mind though but Tim wasn't going to take the risk of Damian the cat going all Damian the human if provoked wrong. He didn't care, if the cat hurt Harper, Tim would snap his neck without hesitation. What the fuck? Why am I thinking about snapping a cat's neck? Since when do I think about shit like this?

"EEEEEE" Harper pointed at one of her toys and let go of the cat that turned to lick her fingers.

Yeah, for her, I'd snap anyone's neck. Tim kissed the top of Harper's head.

Tim's safe-house in Metropolis, October 10th

"I know baby, I know, this was a bad idea," Jason told Harper as he changed her diaper.

"Ehh, ehh," Harper kept kicking him as she cried.

"I'm sorry Princess, let me get you dressed and we'll go home-"

"What's going on?" Tim asked, coming into the room.

"She hates it here, she's a Gothamite, Metropolis is too sunny," Jason picked her up and peppered her with kisses until she calmed down.

"But it's safe for now," Tim said apologetically and grinned when Harper turned to him with her arms outstretched.

"I think she wants you," Jason pouted and handed her to Tim.

"Hello princess, you don't like it here?" Tim asked as he kissed her cheeks noisily.

"Ahhh, ahhh," Harper sighed happy with the attention and love she's getting.

"Sure, you smile for him, I only get poop," Jason huffed going to the bathroom.

"Mmhmm, ehhh," she started whimpering then yelling when Jason was out of sight, no! Don't leave me!!

"Jayy, we're coming in," Tim followed Jason to the bathroom.

"I'm taking a leak; don't want her or YOU, seeing that, get out!" Jason tried to slam the door but Tim came in anyway.

"Dada's here," Tim pointed at Jason who fumbled his pants up.

"Timbit I need to pee-"

"Ahh, ahh," Harper tried to reach Jason, mine, mine, mine.

"I can pee later, just let me wash my hands okay?" Jason washed his hands at the speed of light.

"You don't want to let dada pee?" Tim asked Harper as he continuously kissed her, "he doesn't need to pee!"

"Ehh, heehhh," Harper pressed against Tim's lips, this one is mine too.

"No, he doesn't need to pee," Tim kept repeating, "I love you queen Harper, that's right, you're a queen, you're our queen!"

"Come here," Jason reached for her and she immediately went to him, "god I love you."

"Ahh," she snuggled up to Jason's neck.

"Whatever you want goes," Jason kissed her forehead, "dada's here."

"You have to stay for a few days, he's sweeping Gotham thoroughly for you given the spread of Talia's people with the whole lawsuit with Gotham Academy," Tim explained, and the new center in Crime Alley, "I don't know how long it'll take him this time. He's kind of really determined to bring the whole family together now and all."

"I feel watched here," Jason sat away from the window.

"That's because Jon is watching out for his dad," Tim said awkwardly, "I'm not too keen on being here either."

"What the hell happened between you and clone boy anyway?"

"Nothing, we're friends and we're taking a break from our friendship," Tim answered weakly.

The truth is he hasn't stopped feeling guilty for kissing Kon that one time and it has been weird for Tim to be around him ever since. Kon reassured countless times that it was fine and that Kon had been curious as well, and that the experience was enjoyable for him too but he was still hung up on Cassie and knew that Tim's heart was someplace else since always and forever.

"Right, you know I don't care if you boned a super right? That's B's MO," Jason said nonchalantly, he thought for a second, "maybe? I mean he's anal about things, but I think it'd be the "who" not the gender, or as long as it's not a lantern maybe. I think?"

"What?" Tim asked almost choking on his saliva.

"I don't care which ways you swing, as long as you're happy and no one's making you do shit you don't want to do, you know, consent and all that jazz," Jason said, please swing my way, then turned and looked at Harper, "that goes for you too, but that's a story for another day."

"Ehh," she stared at her dad with eyes wide open, I can do whatever I want. I'm the queen.

"You don't?" Tim asked carefully.

"Tim, if you're happy, why would I?" Jason asked with a genuine smile on his face, please be happy with me! "If you're not, I got kryptonite stashed somewhere, I'll punch the shit out clone boy."

"Thanks Jay," Tim smiled embarrassed, "but there's nothing there."

"Just looking out for you kid," Jason said then he turned to Harper to hide the cringe of using the word 'kid', "yesh we are, because that's Timbit, yesh it is."

Tim felt a pinch in his heart when Jason called him 'kid', but at least Jason said he cared. Tim had also overheard Jason tell Dick that he didn't consider him his brother, "Tim's family, but he's not my brother," it made Tim hope.

"Ehhh, ahh," Harper turned to Tim who sat next to Jason.

"You're so pretty, you're so pretty," Tim told her as he pointed at Jason, "that's your dada, you see, he's strong and brave and he loves you, dada."

"Daaa," Harper turned to Jason.

"Oh my God Tim! That's half a dada!"

"I taught her that! Come on Harper say dada," Tim's eyes widened in glee, "da-da, you can say it, da-da."

"Daaa," she said turning to Tim.

"No, not me, Jason, dada," Tim's cheeks turned pink, he pointed at Jason, "dada."

"You're kind of half dada too," Jason grinned when Harper slapped Tim.

"Daaaaa," she said turning between them.

"What?" Tim choked again his heart fluttering, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG.

"You haven't left my side in months, you've changed almost as many diapers as I have, and she called you Da, you're her favorite after me," Jason shrugged his shoulders, "so take it," and then take me, forever?

"Okay," Tim grinned and turned his attention back to Harper, "dada, dada, can you say dada?"

"Daaaa, ehh heehee," Harper squealed happily at Jason's kisses.

"Maybe she should sit on her own," Tim suggested as he fixed some cushions.

"What do you say your Majesty?"

Jason sat Harper between the cushions Tim fixed. Then the two former Robins observed her discovering the new entourage.

"Daaa" Harper turned to find them, "ehhh daaa."

"Peek a-boo," Jason and Tim jumped up at the same time.

Harper looked unimpressed for a second then broke down in a fit of giggles

"Has she laughed so much before?" Jason was staring at her in awe.

"I don't think so. But don't worry the surveillance system has it on the server," Tim grinned then caught Harper before she took a head dive and kissed her incessantly, "you're so cute."

"Daaa, ahhh haa," she laughed again.

Jason watched the boy he once hated, the boy he tried to kill so many times, the boy he hurt repeatedly, the boy who was taking care of him and his baby. The boy he was undeniably in love with, the boy who loved his baby so much. He didn't deserve Tim. Tim was too good to him. Harper she deserved Tim, Jason didn't, hell he didn't even deserve Harper.

"Snap out of it," Tim noticed, because Tim is always noticing.

"What?" Jason feigned innocence, caught!

"That guilt trip of yours, I'm bad news I don't deserve good things crap, snap out of it or I'm kicking your ass," Tim said obstinately.

"I wasn't thinking that," Jason denied, "and you can't take me."

"Sure I can," Tim told Harper, "you can't take anyone with that dad bod, I mean it's hot and all, but seriously, I can take you just like that," Tim snapped his fingers loudly making Harper squeal and giggle.

"I don't have a dad bod," Jason looked at himself lifting his shirt, sure he wasn't as fit as before but then he remembered what Tim said 'it's hot and all' he turned to Tim who seemed to have just noticed what he said because he was redder than Jason's hood.

"I-I-I'll just put her down for a nap," Tim picked up Harper and went to the bedroom, GOOD GOING DRAKE! OMG! OMG! OMG!

"I, I'll just go pee," Jason ran to the bathroom and locked himself inside, Tim thinks I'm hot, Tim thinks I'm hot!

After letting out a few controlled breaths, Jason peed, finally, he then texted Roy.

I think Red just flirted with me – Jason

You just noticed that now? Honestly Jaybird, you're smart... usually – Roy

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HARPER??? – Jason

Roy – Jason

Roy – Jason

ROY ANSWER ME YOU FUCKTARD! – Jason

BOM

CRASH

Jason runs out to the bedroom to find Tim with his Bo staff and a protective electromagnetic dome over the crib. Jason reached for his gun and was ready to summon the all blades if needs be, but it didn't feel like true evil, an All-Caste member or an Untitled being was present so the blades wouldn't manifest themselves.

"What happened?"

"No idea, I put her down in the crib, I left the room to get the bedtime book, she started crying, by the time I came back in I heard the thud and crash," Tim answered his back to Jason's.

"I fucking hate Metropolis," Jason turned to the window when someone tapped on it.

"I'll check it, stand next to the crib, and hold this, it'll hide you both," Tim handed Jason something and waited for him to execute.

"Guys it's me!" Jon Kent's voice was muffled behind the glass, "I finally caught the scary pigeon that makes her cry!"

"Come to the front door like normal people," Tim answered him exasperated, he was thankful for Jon, he didn't want to deal with what he said to Jason, because he knew Jason would probably want to talk about it.

Bzz Bzz

"I'll get it," Tim ran to the front door to swipe Jon clean.

"He's a weird one, but undeniably cute," Jason told Harper before noticing what he said out loud, "you're keeping my secrets okay?"

"Ehh," Harper smiled.

"God I love you," Jason melted over the crib.

"Can I come in?" Jon asked from the door.

"Sure kid," Jason answered.

"Hi Harper!" Jon cooed over the crib, "do you want to fly?"

"Ahhh, hahhh," Harper stretched her arms out.

"Wait," Tim came in and deactivated the electromagnetic dome.

"Let's fly Harper," Jon took her and started flying in the apartment.

"Slowly okay, I don't want her throwing up!" Jason warned him.

"Okay," Jon nodded slowing down, "I'm your private bulletproof plane! I can shoot lasers too."

Harper broke down in a fit of giggles when Jon's eyes turned red. After an hour or so Harper was still laughing but she was looking sleepy.

"Oh my God! She's laughing!" Jon was so happy.

"Okay nap time!" Tim said.

"I'm not sleepy!" Jon answered before turning red, "I mean she's not sleepy."

Jason started laughing; he then took Harper from Jon.

"Come on baby girl, time for bed, dada will read you a story," Jason kissed her.

"Daaa, hehhh," Harper kissed Jason then turned to find Tim, "daaa."

"Did she just?" Jon turned red.

"One word to anyone little supe," Jason warned.

Tim kissed Harper hiding his redder face into the baby's cheeks.

Clark and Lois' place, Metropolis, October 10th

"Where did you say Jon and Damian went?" Clark asked Lois again, for the 8th time in less than an hour.

"They're visiting the animal shelter that burned down 3 weeks ago, the one Superman and Superboy managed to empty before any animal got hurt, remember?" Lois looked up from her reading glasses in an annoyed look.

"Right, right," Clark nodded, "you know I still can't believe Bruce asked us to have Damian here for a few days while they dealt with the press over the lawsuit."

"I still can't believe not one of us noticed that Damian was being this badly bullied," Lois took personal offence to this, she was an investigative reporter, she kept tabs on every person she cared for, one might say she was the real female version of Batman, minus the gazillion martial arts skills and humongous ego.

"That's true, but the kid was conditioned-"

"Don't you dare blame his mother for this," Lois slammed her laptop shut.

"You're defending Talia Al Ghul?" Clark stared at his wife with an incredulous look on his face.

"If it weren't for her and her people, we never would've found out, and your completely understandable but blind dislike of her is why Bruce asked me to cover the trial when it starts," before Clark could put another word, "she is not a good person. She was not raised to be a good person, she has killed many and had an active role in her father's megalomaniac plans. But no one can ever deny her love for her child. I am team Selina, but Talia loves Damian just as much as I love Jon. She's capable of change."

"She's most likely the reasons the senators were beheaded-"

"Then why are the kids who laid hands on Damian not beheaded too? Why isn't Gotham city drowning in their blood and families' blood?"

Clark had no answer.

"She loves her child, and because she loves her child she decided to take the clean road this time," Lois walked to the kitchen and grabbed some water, "she is capable of change, so don't be her friend, hate her, but give her a chance, for Damian's sake."

"You always know best," Clark sighed defeated, Lois was right.

"And don't you ever forget it, Smallville."

Lois sat back down in front of her laptop.

"Him and Selina do work better," Clark noted.

"Oh, no, when I say I'm team Selina, I don't mean the Bat/Cat ship," Lois laughed a bit, "I love Bruce, but that man is not fit for relationships. I'm team Selina being emotionally healthy!"

Clark laughed and picked up his phone to check some news.

"Where did you say the kids were again?"

"Clark, they are at the animal shelter, check the GPS on their phones," Lois sighed again.

"He's ROBIN! A freaking BAT he can fake a GPS signal if he needs to!" Clark did check on the GPS and it did show the animal shelter.

"What is going on with you? Jon doesn't lie to us," Lois had caught her son being vague about certain things since his visit to Gotham in September, but she doesn't want to pry too much because she doesn't want to push her son away. Jon and Damian tried to be secretive but Lois always knew when they were hiding something, and since Damian was not Robin at the moment she was okay with the secret. She knew he'd tell her when he was ready.

"I just," Clark sighed, "I thought I heard something."

"Like what?"

"A scary pigeon that Jon caught-"

"Are you spying on them?" Lois was now annoyed, they had a deal, no super hearing unless he's kidnapped or lost or something!

"His voice was really high, you know when he gets excited about things, I can't tune it out," Clark winced knowing he was about to get the reaming of a lifetime.

"You are in so much trouble," Lois squinted her eyes at him; "you have no idea how much!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 277 14
"It was late. It was dark. It was crude. It was just the way I liked it. And I knew I shouldn't be out now. I knew I'd face the consequence...
20.5K 447 32
Jason todd was obsessed with one thing one thing. Getting revenge on the joker. But when he finds a young girl under jokers control he suddenly finds...
928 2 24
Melissa Wayne is a 14 year old girl originally from LA. Her uncle happens to be Billionaire playboy, Bruce Wayne. Which means her cousin (and best fr...
75.5K 3.3K 28
Damian has an old two-way league communicator. It was a connection to his brother. A way to keep an eye on each other. That's not a problem, right? W...