Fantasy Pills

By VelvetSpade

By year 2249, depression has been an outbreak to every sides of the world. Depression came knocking to everyo... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER EIGHT

42 5 3
By VelvetSpade

Chapter Eight

"I have no time for this," I said and returned it to the envelope and throw it in the waste bin. I appreciate their leader lowering her pride just to let me join but this isn't really my thing.

The rain keeps on pouring but it was lighter now than earlier. I won't deny that I am curious for Neo-Wisdom's secret. I am willing to know it and keep it, but joining myself to a violent movement is not the way I want it. I am aware that it will be the people's benefit but what will I benefit from it? I am not a selfless person neither a selfish one, it seems like I am in the neutral level that I want the people and me to benefit from it.

I hold my hands and think of ways to do. I need to do something to take my stress out. I need some comfort right now. This week has been hell, honestly. I got to watch Neon's departure, saw Auntie Charlie dead, and also knew the existance of the revolution against Neo-Wisdom, what could happen next? Maybe I need to time to cool off after all this dilemma going on. Maybe I need time to wander at The City. Maybe I need to go shopping like what a 26 year old lady would do. Maybe I need clothes in my full wardrobe. Maybe I need to watch movies from actors who just woke up from Fantasy Pills. Maybe I need to get my ass off and live the life.

I look in my wardrobe. It was a closet full of our stuff. I decided to got the wifey-to-be looks out and put on my lady-rocker looks. I get rid of my red hoodie, white leggings and black rubber shoes, and replace it with designer T-shirt that says "I have nothing to wear so I wear this awesome T-shirt" but it is only plain white, matched it with suspenders, red skirt, stockings on my legs and red heels. I look myself in the mirror. I chuckled as I saw myself like I am a gradeschool pupil on a production number. But nonetheless, I look like a girl not a woman. I put make-up on my face, maybe mascara, eyeliner, foundation and lip gloss is enough for me. Then I braided my hair like the protagonist from the classic animated movie, Frozen. I wasn't clear with her name. Maybe Essa? Elsa? Isla? Isay? I don't know.

I rode a train to arrive at The City. The train is full with people so I am left with no choice but to stand up while the train is moving. Luckily, a guy volunteered to give his seat to me. "Thank you." I thanked the guy who gave me the seat. Maybe he was on his early 40's or late 30's but it was certain that we don't have the same age.

"Where are you going, young lady?" he asked me. Young lady? It was years ago when I heard someone complimented me with that one.

"Ummm... just wandering at The City," I said. I noticed that he looked so formal. He wears a polo with long sleeves, slacks and black leather shoes. Don't forget, the red tie. "How about you?"

"The City too, but I came to work not wander." He said.

"Where do you work?"

"I work at Neo-Wisdom as a researcher." I gulped at what he said. Not that name again.

"Aren't you late?"

"Nope instead, I am just right on time." He said and my mouth seems to form only an "o" form as I look back at the window. The train is moving fast. Passing forest. Passing residences. Passing pavements. Everything has been passing very fast lately like what you see when you sneak into a train's window. "Have you been under the influence of Fantasy Pills?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "Never. And I don't have plans of popping one."

From the PA system, a female voice spoke "Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to The City, a utopia for you! We are arriving at Terminal one. Make sure that your things are in place especially your Golden cards so that you can enter the premises. Be aware of the different rules in The City! And don't forget, have fun wandering at The City! We are now at Terminal one. I repeat, we are now at Terminal one."

"What terminal are you stopping by?" The guy asked me.

"Terminal three, I guess." I said. The City is composed of 7 train terminals, as far as I remember. I looked by the window and I saw Hale University, it is a pretigious private school established by Neo-Wisdom. Most of the graduates there will end up at world-class jobs. I once dreamt of studying here. Luckily, I passed the entrance exam but we lacked money to pay for the tuition fee so I guess, this is not really for me. I tried the scholarship test but it feels like taking a bar exam not entrance exam.

"Have you been under the influence of Fantasy Pills?" he asked me.

I shook my head, "No. And I will never be."

"Young lady, promise me you'll never pop one."

"I am not that type who pops a pill to escape her problem. I am not coward and I will face everything. I will never be."

He sighed, "It's not that but you never knew what Fantasy Pills are capable of."

The voice from the PA system spoke again, "Ladies and Gentlemen, You are currently at The City, a utopia for you! We are arriving at Terminal two. Make sure that your things are in place especially your Golden cards so that you can enter the premises. Be aware of the different rules in The City! And don't forget, have fun wandering at The City! We are now at Terminal two. I repeat, we are now at Terminal two."

"What is your name, young lady?"

"Red."

"Red Sanders?" He asked. It may be a guess but it is doubtful. How does he know my name? Is he watching me too?

I nod as the doors are opening. He looks at me with sincere and a frown. "I am deeply sorry for your lost." He said then he walked out of the train.

Why did he apologize?

What loss?

I look at the window by the window and saw the Neo-Wisdom building, where Fantasy Pills are made, and lurks the undiscovered dark secret of it.

I took my lunch at Mckeehie's. It was a luxurious place to eat with fancy chandeliers and neat table sheets. The service is pleasing and the cuisine is a bomb. Neon used to take me here during Christmas and did I mention that he kneeled in the ground, fold out a ring and propose here? Those are the memories.

The waitress directed me to my table. Great, I am seated near the kitchen's door where it's the busiest spot of all. The waitress hand me the menu and asked, "What's your order?"

"I'll be having spaghetti with meatballs." I said. That's all I can afford.

"Do you want a drink?"

"What are my choices?"

"Umm... yes or no?" She said. I don't know if it was a piece of sarcasm nevertheless I keep my cool.

I sighed, "Maybe I'll only have water."

"Coming right up!" She said then hurry inside the kitchen to give my order to the chefs.

I look around the place. It was no surprise that there are a lot of couples here. This place is always on the bucket list for each couple when they go to The City. My eyes stopped at the cute couple near the window. The girl is wearing a purple dress and her hair is trimmed down while her man is wearing a purple shirt that emphasizes his chest and white pair of pants. They both looked sexy and cute. I guess that they are just 21 years old and maybe celebrating their anniversary. They share one glass of chocolate drink and both of them are eating lasagna. The guy would feed the girl with all smiles. After eating the food, the guy wiped the girl's mouth and the next thing I saw, there lips met and they kiss each other. A kiss, full of love and adore.

They remind me of Neon and me when we are deeply in love with each other. I know that I still love him but lately, we've been losing our spark. It must have been his depression that kills the mood. I do miss the time where we would be together and be crazy in love. I miss the time where we would make love where there are no doubts but pure loving and lust. I miss Neon. If I would pop a Fantasy Pill, it will be nothing but the same place, same bed, Neon and me. Damn, I really miss him.

After eating lunch, I go on a shopping spree in diferent boutiques. I bought a green dress, sweat pants, printed t-shirts, some sweatshirts, and some rubber shoes from Adidas. I spent like 30 dollars today including the lunch earlier. I am on my way to the grocery to buy self plesuring foods aka chips, yogurt, etc. but my brakes occurred when I pass by one store. A boutique shop that is selling gowns for occasions such as proms, party and of course, wedding. I entered in and looked at the dresses. Everything is perfect. It feels like every wedding gown here will pass my epitome of the perfect gown for my wedding. As I looked at the dresses and touched its fabric, I stopped by one gown. I might be exaggerating but it was the perfect one among the other perfect gowns. The gown is long and sparkly. There are small diamonds on the fabric that will surely sparkle when expose to the sun. It is purely white. It is... like the wedding gown I wore in last night's dream.

I grabbed the gown and approached the saleslady. "Can I try this?" I asked her

"Sure, mam! As long as your not getting wedding this week because that will be like against the matrimony superstition."

"Oh, I am not getting married yet... but maybe next year." I said then I proceed to the fitting room. I undress the clothes I wore to get here and wear the wedding gown. I walk out of the room and look at my reflection at the big mirror outside.

Wow, I thought. I gasped at how I looked elegant. I looked beautiful. I looked like a total bride.

"You looked like a swam, mam!" the saleslady complimented me. Still, I am shocked of how I looked. I want this.

"How much for this?" I asked the saleslady.

"That'll be 165 dollars, mam." I looked at my wallet. I am only left with 40 dollars. I searched my wallet, hoping that there may be a mislocated 165 dollars anywhere. I looked at my cards. Medical card, membership card, calling card... Aha! A credit card!

But this isn't mine. It was Neon's. As far as I knew, he had 200 dollars in and that will totally poach the bill. But using it without his permission is a sin. But I really wanted this dress. But he isn't here to know that I would be using his card. But the dress really suits me. But it will be an unfaithful move...

"I'll take it." I said to the saleslady and hand her the credit card. I am really sorry, Neon.

My grocery basket is only piled up with this things: Beef, marinating sauce, two lemons, yogurt, one bag of chips, one bar of chocolate and a bottle of orange soda. I lined myself in express lane of the Grocery which is suppose to be for customers who have 8 items or less. Then I notice the girl in front of me whose items are beyond the limitations. I tapped her shoulders and pointed her the signage, '8 items or below'.

She said, "I can read."

I scoffed by her sarcasm. I replied, "I know, but can you count?"

I heard giggles from the people behind me. The girl in front of me looks at me, pissed. I burned the bitch.

"You know, I wish I had a lower IQ to think of an insult that you'll understand but maybe that will be a waste of time. Darling, I don't know you nor you don't know me so maybe you can fuck off because like what I've said, you don't know who really am I."

Then the clerk called her. She was about to warn the girl but then she showed her an ID then the clerk had no choice but to accept orders and price the things in her cart. Judging by how the girl looks, she looked like she came from an elite family who is extremely rich. Well, welcome to The City, where the rich are justified.

I reached home by 5PM. Suddenly, it feels odd. Nevertheless, I grab my keys from my pocket and opened the door. I was about to enter in but then...

"Excuse me, madam!" A voice of a boy called me. I turned around and saw a mailman dressed on its usual blue uniform. I drop my shopping bags at the floor and walked to him. "Are you Ms. Red Sanders?" He asked and I nod.

He handed me a letter and made me sign some agreement that I received the letter. When he got away I looked at the back of the letter's envelope. It was from Neo-Wisdom. My heart started to beat fast. My legs started to shake. For the moment there, I felt nothing but eerieness. I opened the letter and read it.

To Mr. Neon Silva's family,

We are send our outmost condolences for the lost of Mr. Neon Silva. We are very sorry but he didn't made it. The experiment is a success but then Neon's power got shut down. We tried to revieve him with the best that we can but it seems like Mr Silva has already touched death's hand.

As part of the contract, we will be the one responsible for the funeral of Mr. Neon Silva and also his cremation (signer's request). To claim for the death benefit of Mr. Silva, you can go to Neo-Wisdom main office. Just show this letter to the guards and they will let you in. Proceed to the customer service area where they will give you more details about it and also to claim the death benefit.

Again, we send our deepest condolences to the Silva family. But we will assure you that Mr. Neon Silva's death is will not result to none.

From, Neo-Wisdom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 545 34
[[BEFORE YOU READ: it's been years since this fic has been completed but I've recently begun a revisited/rewritten version of it on AO3 as well as he...
736K 21.9K 83
Sylvie, 16, sees colours, where other people only hear words or feel emotions. She knows she has to keep this a secret - as people disappear to insti...
17.3K 387 25
Nobody told me adulthood was going to be this way. How I constantly feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I'd imagine it feels like being stranded...
4.5K 68 30
The complete story of Patience Anderson,the daughter of Neo and Trinity! ----------------------------- Book 1:Neo and Trinity's daughter-Patience was...