A Story Worth Telling

By _Strawberry-Tea_

Who doesn't love an alternate universe? Rain Gothel plays an important part in the future of Auderon. But ju... More

Mother Only Knows...Power
First meetings
The Proclamation
Rotten To The Core
The Plan
Introductions
Attempt 1
Lonnie and Doug ship it
Remedial Goodness 101
Tourney
Lockers
Attempt 2
Rain and Ben ship it
Settling in
Attempt 3
Plan in action
R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S
The Enchanted lake
Rain Gothel?
Family Day
Love Potion
The Coronation
Goodbyes
Mother Only Knows...Fear
Here We Go Again
Ways to be Wicked
Missing Home
Party Favours
Thursday?
Truth Gummy
What's her name?
Fake
Curl Up
Chillin' Like a Villain
Shrimpy
Space Between
It's Going Down
Surprise
Like Their Parents
New Old Rain
Bye Again
Mother Only Knows...Envy
One Last Time

If Only

1.8K 71 5
By _Strawberry-Tea_

Ben helps Rain down and everyone files into the car. Jay and Lonnie stay at the front. Mal, Carlos and Evie at the other end of the limo.

When they speed off, Rain turns around. Her spell book lies on the ground.

"Oh, I knew it would be important!" Doug exclaims

"We don't that that Uma's gonna -?" Carlos looks over to Rain in panic

"I'm really sorry, that things didn't go the way you wanted them to," Rain looks over to Ben.

"As long as you're safe, that's all that matters to me," Rain looks away quickly, gulping.

"Awwww,"

Rain smacks a pillow into her face.

"At least I got to see the Isle, they're my people too," He pauses for a moment "Uma helped me see that."

"Sure Ben, it's great to hear that" she says genuinely "But Uma kidnapped you and held you for ransom. She blackmailed me!"

"Points are being made!" Lonnie repeats

"She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from when you came to Auradon Rain,"

Silence.

"What a bloody dare you-"

Mal opens her mouth to stop the upcoming rant, but shut's it quickly.

Rain shifts away from Ben.

"Uma is manipulative and horrible. She made me turn on my only friends," Rain points to the others', "the only family I ever knew, just because she couldn't let go of something that happened when her and Mal were 12! You wanna know why I'm self-conscious, why I was so scared for a relationship? Why sometimes Mal or Evie wake up to my crying in the middle of the night?" he looks shocked "Because of her. So, don't ever. Ever! Compare me to her again," Rain crosses her legs and looks out the window.

Silence.

"Rai..." Ben tries to put his hand on Rain knee.

"Get off me," she pushes him off.

Off screen, Ben doesn't even try to approach Ben, on screen him messed up.

"Awkward," Dude mutters and Rain forgot he could talk for moment as Evie gasps.

"Dude, I know you can talk, but it doesn't always mean you should," Carlos says, looking at the couple uneasily.

----------&----------

Jay parks the limo, and everyone files out. Many students give them a look. Rain hadn't dressed like that in a while, and Ben. Well, he'd never been seen like it.

"Ben!" Jane rushes over "There you are, cotillion is tonight, come here," she pulls him. Rain just stands still, unsure what to do with herself.

"Look, this is the stained-glass window for Mal. isn't it beautiful? She's gonna love it!"

"What is that?!" Rain exclaims

"It's a stained-glass window...?"

"Oh, my Hades -"

Ben's hand slides to Rain's back and she looks up "Do you wanna cancel?"

"Um, you know, I can come back," Jane starts, noticing tension "but like, really soon,"

"Now's fine," Ben goes to look at the tablet again, he looks back at Rain "Do whatever you need to do," Instead of answering, she stays silent and still until Evie and Mal pull her away.

"We need to talk,"

"Yeah," Mal agrees with Evie.

"What about..." Rain looks back at the boys.

"No!" Carlos speaks up and Rain's twirled around by Evie,

"No?" she sounds offended.

"You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl talk stuff, or whatever. Well, Jay and I are tired of it!"

"I'm not," Jay puts his hands up in a surrender motion, as if Evie might slit his throat with craft scissors.

"We're your family, too. We've been through a lot together. We're not stopping that now, okay?" Rain nods "Everyone sit,"

Rain follows Carlos' lead and sits opposite him, everyone else stays still "Come on," everyone joins them on the perfectly maintained grass "I don't know how to start girl talk..."

There are a few giggles.

"What up?" Jay tries.

"Um, well... I'm a mess. I'm such a mess, I swear I've cried more the last few days than my whole life," Evie and Mal wrap their arms around Rain " I mean, over a year ago, I was, you know, stealing things left, right and centre," Jay laughs " and now everybody wants me to be this Princess and Lady of the Court. I have no idea how to keep up the act,"

"Then don't,"

"See? This was dumb," Jay goes to stand.

"Maybe it wasn't," Mal takes Rain's hand.

This is one of those times where everyone stayed silent, appreciating the sentimental moment on screen.

"We're always gonna be the kids from the Isle," Evie now addresses them all "I tried to forget it. I tried to get Rain to forget it. I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive. But it made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay. That's okay,"

"And we can't fake it," Carlos is still clutching dude.

"No,"

"Yeah. I mean, especially without my spell book,"

"Rain!" Evie whisper mutters, shocked.

"Rain, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one,"

"I like that," Mal agreed.

"Give him a chance," Carlos insists

"I'm gonna make some changes to your dress. And if you're up for it. Only if you're up for it. It will be waiting for you, okay?" Evie says and Rain nods.

Mal wraps her arms around Rain's back, and Evie drapes her arm around her shoulder, they give Rain a tight squeeze before standing.

Everyone else leaves, bar Jay who sits back down.

"Come to Cotillion tonight, all right? If Ben isn't smart enough to love you and you can't stand another day, I'll drive you back tomorrow myself, Okay?" Jay pats her shoulder before heaving himself up.

Rain turns to Jay, smiling, although they weren't the closest. They cared for each other.

Rain -

♫ If only I knew what my heart was telling me ♫

♫ Don't know what I'm feeling ♫

♫ Is this just a dream? ♫

♫ Ah oh, yeah ♫

♫ If only I could read the signs in front of me ♫

♫ I could find the way to who I'm meant to be ♫

♫ Ah oh, If only ♫

♫Yeah ♫

—--&-----

The next thing seen is Dude ging Carlos a pep talk about Jane, then Jay electing Linnie as the Captain of the fencing team, outsmarting Chad.

"Pick it up Chad, Nice job jay!"

Lonnie grins.

Doug knocks on Evie's door, entering when she responds, "I have a scout bag and s'mores, how could you go camping without me?"

"What?"

"Are you seeing someone else?!"

Evie quickly explains the situation, and reassures him, kissing him on the cheek.

"Awww," Evie gently smacks Rain

Finally, we see Carlos ask Jane out, and there are gentle cheers across the audience.

Chad has 3D printed Auradon's crown and puts in on, grinning in the mirror, he speaks to himself a few times, before his phone rings. He drops it, seeing that it's Audrey.

Audrey actually looks embarrassed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 546 17
What is the core 4 had another member? Y/n Gothel, daughter of Mother Gothel, born with powers, a part of the Vks. Y/n was more than just a VK, she...
953K 32.5K 73
In the perfect land of Auradon where the pretty princesses and charming princes reside, what could go wrong? A lot, apparently. After getting assigne...
40.8K 572 30
What if... that's how it should start, right? Go and read to find out what happened after Ben's coronation... (JayxOC plus bunch of other ships backg...
20.1K 715 31
(The first one or two chapters are written differently than the rest of the story. I started this story when I had a different writing style. It chan...