His Red, Her Blue || Max Mayf...

By Hyperactiveguy

"I like talking to you red" "I like talking to you too blue" - Stranger Things Max Mayfield x male!oc Seasons... More

Intro
MadMax
Trick or Treat, Freak
The Pollywog
Will the Wise
Dig Dug
The Spy
The Mind Flayer
The Gate
Season 3
Suzie, Do You Copy?
The Mall Rats
The Case Of The Missing Lifeguard.
The Sauna Test
The Flayed
E Pluribus Unum
The Bite
The Battle of Starcourt
The Break-Up
Season 4 Vol 1
The Hellfire Club
Vecna's Curse
The Monster and The Superhero
Dear Billy
The Night-Shifts
The Nina Project
The Dive
The Massacre at Hawkins Lab
Season 4 Vol 2
Zero
Papa
The Knight

The Piggyback

1.8K 67 18
By Hyperactiveguy

Cal made his way through the abandoned Creel house, the blue lantern lighting his path, as he went around a corner. The boy could feel his nervousness flow through his body, doing his best to not show it.

As he made his way out of the room, he ran into Erica, causing him to flinch back slightly. The boy let out a sigh of relief, still on edge a little, sending the younger Sinclair a smile, only for the girl to raise her notepad to him, showing what he hoped wouldn't happen.

"Found Vecna."

Cal tightly nodded, following Erica to the room they had originally found him the first time, the same one with the chandelier, where he saw Lucas and Max waiting in the doorway.

As he peered in, he saw the pulsing blue light from the lantern that sat on the table in the middle of the room. Max slowly walked toward it as her lantern began to pulse in sync with the other.

Max turned to look at Cal with wide eyes, the two sharing a look of fear, as the realisation that the time for the plan to begin was nearing faster than they anticipated.

The sudden pop of Erica's marker lid caught Cal's attention, looking back over to see the girl writing something on her pad. Then with a look of maturity that an eleven year should not have, she showed the message to Cal and Lucas.

"Phase one?"

The two boys shared a look, both internally debating whether they should continue or just stop while they can. After a moment of hesitation , they turned back to Erica, giving her a nod. Erica then left to run to the playground and inform the Upside Down team.

Cal let out a quiet sigh, this was it. No turning back now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the three waited for Erica's signal, they had decided to get comfortable as they now settled in the living room, with Lucas watching out the window for the signal, as Cal and Max each sat on the old couches.

Cal bounced his right leg up and down, biting his lip while looking over at the window by Lucas, his mind thinking of every possible outcome of tonight's events. The boy was scared of the majority of outcomes, those all leading to death and failure.

He was snapped back into reality when he felt a tap of a marker on his knee, his head snapping towards the cause of the contant. As he looked up, he saw Max sitting in front of him, her notepad facing her, a hint of a smile gracing her face.

"Hi."

Cal let a small grin come across his face before he looked down to his own notepad and began writing with his marker before lifting it up to face the redhead once done.

"Hey :)"

Max wrote on her notepad, her eyes locking on to Cal's face, as she displayed her message to him.

"I'm glad you're here"

Cal let a smirk cross his face as he wrote down his message 

"Who wouldn't be ;)"

Max let out a whisper of a scoff, a smirk on her face. Cal looked back down to his notepad, flipping the page, as he wrote a new message. Once done, he lifted the pad.

"Movie Friday? That could be our date."

Max smirked as she looked down to her own page, beginning to write something. Cal leaned over to see what the redhead was writing, but she brought the notepad closer to her chest. The former held his hands out, feigning innocence, as he sat back down.

Once she was done, Max turned the paper for Cal to see, a stupid goofy smile on her face. On the notepad was a drawing of the two of them at the movie theatre, holding hands, standing in front of a cinema entrance, while Max held a drink and Cal held a packet of skittles.

The young Harrington's face bloomed with a smile, happy she had accepted, before developing a teasing smirk, deciding to have some fun, as he began to write something on his notepad.

"Maybe you are not a good drawer."

The boy watched as Max rolled her eyes, quickly jolting down on her page, before lifting it when she finished.

"I'd like to see you do better."

Cal smirked, accepting the challenge, as he turned the page and began drawing.

Max tried to get a quick peek at the drawing, but the boy was too fast for her. After a few minutes Cal lifted the page, showing a drawing of the two of them at the Snowball from 1984, Cal having his hands on her waist while Max's were around his neck. The two were wearing what they had worn on that day.

The redhead let a smile develop on her face before writing on her notepad once more.

"That's not the movies"

Cal rolled his eyes, writing down his response, before showing it,

"Great observation."

He flipped the page.

"I thought I'd draw one of my favourite memories instead."

Max grinned, her face visibly becoming brighter, writing on her notepad once more.

"What a coincidence."

Cal gave the redhead a confused look, an eyebrow raised towards her. Before being able to question it, a sudden movement in their peripheral vision caught the couple's attention, both looking over quickly to see Lucas waving them over towards the window. The two got up from their spots, running over quickly. When they got there, they could see the flashing light from where Erica was signalling them to commence Phase Two.

Lucas looked at the two with a look of regret before moving his gaze back to his sister, holding up the flashlight signalling back to say they got the message.

With a determined nod, the three made their way into the hall, preparing to carry on the plan.

Before they entered the room, Cal tapped the two's shoulders, both turning around to be met with a sudden hug from the young Harrington, quickly returning it.

The three shared this tender moment, before separating. He gave Max a quick peck on the lips, mouthing to her 'I'll be here when you need me'.

Max sent the boy a grateful smile before it was replaced with a frown. The three turned to where the light pulsed from the dining room, slowly making their way into the doorway of the room, stopping in their tracks.

Max removed the headset from her ears, lowering them to her shoulders, before turning off the walkman. A moment of silence passed, the only sound being the humming from the lantern.

"Hey! Asshole! I'm here," Max shouted, her voice clashing with fear and strength, "No more music. No more games."

The three watched as nothing happened, the light continuing to pulse. Max gulped before looking back at Cal and Lucas with a confused look before turning back to the lamp

"Do you hear me? What are you waiting for, huh? Come on! Do you want me or not?" She shouted once more.

Then suddenly, the light from Erica's lantern slowly faded out as the buzzing ceased. As soon as the dark swallowed the three, Max's lantern began to glow brightly, surrounding the trio in a blue hue.

Cal and Lucas followed Max as she led them up the stairs, letting the light of the lantern guide them. They made their way to the top and through the door to the attic, before making their way up that set of stairs as well. Once they were in the attic, they were led to the center of the room.

Lucas and Cal stood to the side, allowing Max to stand in the center with the light, in front of the two boxes. Right when they thought the lantern would shatter and break, it almost completely faded, causing the three to become confused.

"What are you waiting for, asshole? Hmm? I'm right here," Max murmured, staring at the lantern in her hand, before raising her voice. "I'm right here!"

Cal didn't like this. Not one bit. Why was Vecna taking so long? Wouldn't he be thrilled at the opportunity to complete his plan?

"I know you can hear me. I know you can read my thoughts. Even the worst ones. Maybe mostly the worst ones," the redhead frowned as she let out a breath, setting the lantern on the table in front of her and taking off her walkman and headphones as well.

Max sat on the floor, her knees brought up to her chest, as she looked forward at the lantern, a distant look enveloped her face.

"I thought about what you said. About how I wanted my brother to die. I thought you were just trying to upset me. To anger me. But you weren't, were you? You were just telling the truth." The redhead began.

"Billy, he made my life a living hell. Every chance he got. So, sometimes... When I would lie in bed at night, I would... I would pray..." Max trailed off, her eyes beginning to water and her voice cracking. She sniffled, taking a small pause, before speaking again, "I would pray that something would happen to him. Something awful."

Cal clenched his fist, anger flowing through him, wishing that he could have the opportunity to punch Billy Hargrove as hard as he could

"I knew that he drove too fast, so I would imagine him crashing. Dying in that stupid car. I just... I wanted him out of my life. Forever. I wanted him to disappear. The day that he died... I think that's why I just stood there. Watched. Not because I was scared or... weak. But because... I didn't know if he deserved to be saved," Max admitted, as tears now made their way down her face, "And I've tried to forgive myself. I've tried, but... I can't. I can't."

"So now... Now, when I lie in bed at night... I pray that something will happen to me. That something terrible will happen to me," Max sighed shakily, her gaze focusing on the light, lost in her words, "So that's why I'm here. Because... I just want you to take me away. And I want you... To make me disappear."

Cal gulped down the urge to bring the redhead into a massive hug. He knew that Billy's death affected her, but not to this extent. He should've realised, he should've done more to help her.

The young boy felt a hand on his shoulder, turning to see Lucas giving him a small comforting smile, returning the smile before looking back at Max.

The two waited for her to continue but she didn't. She didn't do anything. Cal furrowed his eyebrows, slowly making his way to Max and crouching down on her left. He placed a hand on her shoulder, looking over to see the girl's eyes rolled back as her eyelids fluttered

Quickly turning back, Cal sent a nod towards Lucas, who nodded back.

Now they wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cal held in the urge to jump into Max's mind and bring her back. He had sat next to Max, holding her hand, while Lucas stood to the side.

Everything was going well until Cal heard Max's breath start to quicken at a worrisome pace. He glanced towards the girl before looking at Lucas. The african-american boy had heard the hitch as well, knowing what it could mean.

Lucas looked at Cal and saw his face mixed with worry and pleading. Lucas hesitated, he knew that Cal shouldn't go in yet, but he was too worried about his friend to think straight.

Earning a nod from Lucas, Cal gave a smile before turning to his girlfriend, placing his left hand on his right, which was holding Max's.

"Hold on Max, I'll be there soon."

Closing his eyes, the boy focused on Max's mind, hoping it would work like the other times. After waiting for a moment, Cal' eyes snapped open and looked around at her surroundings, taking it all in. No longer was he in the Creel House, no. Now, he was in the hallway to the familiar Hawkins Middle school, though now it was dark and covered with the familiar slimy vines and white particles.

A smile crossed his lips, as he heard the faint sound of music in the distance. With determination flowing through him, Cal ran towards the noise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max thought she had it under control, thinking she had found a loophole, but no, that wasn't true.

At first, before realising she made it, that Vecna had taken her under his infamous curse again, she had been in the Creel House when Cal turned to her, beginning to say things, mean, nasty, despicable things, that would never have crossed his mind in the first place. That's when she knew she had gotten through.

She ran through the house as a means to escape Vecna, turning at every corner she could find. Then she saw Billy, locked within the sauna just like he had been that day last year. As she tried to run out the room, she had saw wood planks now nailed on the door she entered from. Unable to escape, she closed her eyes, thinking of one of her happiest moments, trying her hardest to teleport herself there.

When She opened her eyes, she was met with the light from a bedside lamp. She spun around, taking in her new surroundings, as a smile creeped onto her face. She stood in the room of Cal Harrington, more specifically the night where they first kissed. She could tell by the sheets that were set up on the floor as a substitute bed next to Cal's.

It was the perfect place to hide, until he ruined it.

The window to the room had suddenly opened, the light from the lamp flickering. The redhead had snapped her head to the window, watching as the familiar vines slithered their way into the room, going on the floor, walls and roof, slowly turning everything they touched turned grey and wilted.

Immediately, Max had run out of the room, making her way down the Harrington household stairs, trying to escape, as she thought of another memory to hide in. It wasn't long when she had burst through the front door of the house, now finding herself in another memory, the night of the Snowball in 1984.

Max let out a relieved sigh, a satisfied smile on her face, thinking she had escaped once more.

The smile disappeared when the decorations of the Snowball began to turn grey and wilt as well, the music turning distorted.

Her mind filled with fear to think properly, she tried to block the doors with a stack of chairs to keep him from entering, to keep her safe.

But the moment she turned to add another to the pile, they had all disappeared, instead being replaced by the stained-glass door that haunted her nightmares.

As it opened with a creak, his dark, disturbing voice echoed through the room. "You can't hide from me, Max."

The redhead closed her eyes immediately, trying to calm herself and find a new memory, somewhere else she could hide. She tried to imagine her favourite pass-time last year of watching movies at Star-Court, remembering the dates she had with Cal there.

"You think I don't see what you're doing?"

Max tried to focus on her good memories, but Vecna began to show her what was happening.

"You think I don't see everything?"

She sees a flash of Jason holding a gun towards Lucas...

"You thought you could trick me?"

Robin being trapped by vines. The cries and yells of Eddie and Dustin echoing through her ears...

"You thought your friends... Could stop me?"

Nancy and Steve trying to free Robin from the vines, the girl yelling for help...

"I see them."

The bats breaking into the trailer...

"I see your friends."

Nancy grabbed by a vine along with Steve, a vine wrapped around his neck, both being pinned against the wall.

"Just as clearly as I... see you," Vecna taunted her, threatened her, his voice haunting her.

Max couldn't escape, not when she saw everything. The worst part being he didn't show Cal, terrifying her even more.

"I can feel them. I can feel them dying,"

The chiming of the grandfather clock echoed in the room, causing Max to open her eyes in shock and fear.

"It's time, Max."

Max took a couple steps back, spinning around as the haunting sounds of the song filled the room, a shiver falling down her spine. She turned to look back at the door, only to be greeted with the figure of Vecna standing directly behind her.

"It's time."

With a scream, Max was sent flying with a raise of his hand from the creature. She let out a cry of pain as she was pinned to the wall, her arms hardening at her sides as her legs became stiff, unable to escape

Slowly, Vecna walked towards the redhead, unphased by her screams of pain.

"You are brave, Maxine. Much braver than your brother," Vecna told her, his mental grip making the girl pant and whimper as she struggled to try and break free, "But in the end... You are weak and fragile, just like him. Like all the rest of them. And you will break."

She watched as he raised his clawed hand from his side, one thought flowing through her mind. This was it. She failed. She was going to die. She closed her eyes, waiting for the inevitable.

But nothing happened.

Max slowly opened one eye to be met with Vecna struggling to raise his claw hand over her face, unable to move any part of his body, letting out strained grunts.

"You know I'm disappointed."

The redhead's eyes widened at the new voice as she looked past Vecna, being able to move her head just enough to see None other than Cal Harrington, his right hand raised in front of him.

"Zero." Vecna growled, grinding his teeth, his body being slightly lifted off the ground as his hand came back to his side forcefully, forced to turn towards the new arrival.

"I thought you could see everything?" Cal asked, a mischievous grin blossoming on his face, "Guess you were wrong huh?"

Before the monster could answer, Cal threw him to the other side of the room, making sure to smash Vecna into the wall.

The young boy ran over to Max, who had fallen to the ground, grabbing her hand and pulling her up to her feet. Max took in big breaths as Cal cupped her cheeks.

"I am never letting you do a stupid plan like this ever again." Cal stated.

Max nodded, her breaths calming down, "Yeah, yeah I can do that..." The redhead trailed off, her brain now registering who was in front of her, "What're you doing here?!" Max asked Cal, her voice raising slightly as worry laced her tone.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm saving you obviously!" Cal answered back.

Before the redhead could retort, she watched as Cal was sent flying backwards into the air, before his body froze above the ground.

"Ah shit." Cal let out, forgetting about the other person in the room for a second.

"I must admit you have surprised me Zero." Vecna told the boy, seemingly not affected by being smashed into a wall, tightening his mental hold on the boy's arms and head to not have him use his powers, "I thought you would arrive later, however, I seemed to have underestimated how foolish you've become."

Vecna slowly made his way over to him as Max watched, fear making her unable to act.

Right when he was about to reach Cal, the creature suddenly stopped, freezing in place, before being launched into the air once more, his hold on Cal being released, causing him to the ground.

He let out a pain filled groan, before looking up, his eyes widened as he saw El walk into the room, her head buzzed, as blood trailied from her nose.

The young Harirngton let out a sigh, quickly standing up, before running back over to Max.

"Well, I think that was a bit of an overreaction from him." Cal joked, a small smile on his face.

The boy watched as a ghost of a smile made its way on Max's face, the girl amused at Cal's poor attempt at humour . She was then brought into a quick hug before separating, Cal placing his hands on her shoulders.

"But seriously, you're never being bait again, got it?" Cal said.

Max nodded, Cal let a sigh of relief escape him before looking around the room, taking it in, as he realised where exactly he was. The Harrington looked up to Max with a soft smile. "Nice choice of memory."

"Well, actually, I was originally in your room but, now I'm here" Max revealed, an identical look forming on her face, although her fear and shock still lingering in her gaze.

Cal nodded, not really understanding why she was in his room, before remembering it was where they had their first kiss.

Before he could say something, El came dashing behind the streamers, her eyes wide.

"Max, Cal, are you okay?" she asked the couple urgently, pulling them into a group hug as she did so, Cal nodding.

"Yeah. Are you... Are you real? Di... Did I make you?" Max stuttered, pinching El's cheeks with her fingers as she did so.

"Wait, why do you think you made her and not me?" Cal asked, pointing towards El than at himself,

Max let out a scoff, lowering her hands from El's face, "Cause I know you're that much of an idiot to rush in here and save me. And I don't think El can get cursed all the way from California." Max explained, her eyes darting between the two every now and then.

"I'm real," El confirmed, placing a hand on each of their shoulders.

"How?" Max asked, completely blown by everything that happened in the past few minutes.

"I piggybacked from a pizza dough freezer," El explained simply, as if it was the most common thing to do.

Cal and Max stared at the telepathic girl, the latter's face morphing into confusion as Cal didn't look bothered in the slightest.

"What?"

"I can believe that."

Before El could explain further, a clattering noise came from the distance, causing the trio to jump in fright. The creaking of wood echoed through the gymnasium as they peeked through the streamers to see what was happening.

In the bleachers, where Cal and Max guessed El had tossed Vecna due to the gaping hole that now resided there, a clawed hand reached out of it, followed by the other. Then, Vecna hauled out of the wood, rising back to his feet once more.

"Stay back," El ordered, before slowly walking towards the center of the room, Vecna making his way to the middle.

Cal gave Max a quick peck on her cheek, "Well, duty calls. Stay safe Red."

The boy ran up beside El, ready to face the familiar monster together. Before long, the three of them stood in the middle of the room, Vecna on one side, while El and Cal were on the other. Cal stood to the side of his sister, mental preparing himself.

"If you touch her again, I will kill you again," El warned Vecna, her voice serious, as she broke the tense silence.

"Is that what you did? Hmm? Did you kill me? I am so glad you are here, Eleven. This... Is going to be beautiful," Vecna growled out, raising his arms to the side, as spikes of wood rose beside him, "So beautiful. And it's all thanks to you."

Suddenly the wood spikes Vecna had raised shot towards the sibling duo, both reacting in separate ways. Cal stood there, hands in his pockets, not a care in the world while El flung them to the side with her mind once they reached the two, embedding themselves into the nearby stands.

Before the monster could make his next move, Cal decided to make his turn instead. Quickly taking his hands out of his pockets, he raised his right towards the embedded spikes, taking a few out, and flung them towards the monster.

Vecna, who hadn't expected the speed of the attack, quickly raised his hand in front of him, stopping the spikes before they hit him, and embedded them into the roof.

He then made his move, launching El back before flinging Cal through the air and into the wall closest to him, his body slamming into it with a thud, falling to the ground, as his ears began to ring from the impact.

"Shit." He grumbled out, underestimating the power Vecna truly had.

The young Harirngton looked up to see El being flung against a table, rolling off of it and onto the ground.

He looked up to the roof, noticing the embedded spikes, as he stood up and ran towards Vecna, his right arm raised to the roof, pulling a spike to his hand.

Vecna turned around, hearing the repeating tapping of footsteps. When he did, his upper body quickly turned to the side, barely dodging the downwards slash by Cal.

The creature raised his hand towards the boy, wanting to launch him back into the wall, however, Cal expected this , as he raised his left hand in front of Vecna's raised hand to counter his push.

The two were locked in a standstill, both trying to launch the other back. Cal could feel his arm tense at the severity of trying to overpower Vecna. The telepaths glared at each other, both forcing more strength into their attack, the ground below them slightly cracking at the intensity of their power.

Vecna let out a small grunt, his feet being pushed back a little, causing Cal to realise he was overpowering him, his heart skipping a beat, sadly leading him to falter.

Vecna used this to fully overpower him, throwing him through the air again into the streamers, his body flying past Max and into the wall.

"Cal!" Max cried out, running over to the boy and crouching down to check on him, only for Cal to wave her off, mumbling about how he was fine as he slowly stood up, hand on his head, trying to stabilise himself as his head spun.

The redhead looked over to see Vecna walking towards El, who laid on the ground. Max let out a curse under her breath, before grabbing a nearby broken broomstick,"I'll be right back."

"Huh? What? Wait, Max, no!" Cal shouted trying to stop her, only to fall back to the ground, his head still spinning.

The ginger ran through the gym with a shout, raising the stick over her head, as she attempted to stab Vecna from behind. The monster turned around and simply raised a hand, sending her soaring through the air into a wall, causing her to become unconscious.

El tried to attack him once more, standing up as she reached out to him with a hand, only for him to do the same, her head snapping back as he choked her with his powers.

El let out a strangled cry as he walked closer to her, her feet beginning to lift off the ground, bringing her closer to him slowly with his powers, as her body hovered from the floor.

Once she was close to him, he lifted her close to his face, speaking in her ear. "Before I kill you... I want you to watch."

Suddenly, a red portal opened as he threw El through it. Cal had finally been able to somewhat stabilise himself before he felt himself begin to levitate as well. Before he could retaliate, he was thrown into the familiar red world, his body rolling on the slimy, wet ground.

After coming to a stop, he was immediately met with two vines wrapping themselves around his wrists, pulling him up onto one of the stakes. The vines kept his arms to his sides as two more came, holding down his ankles before one went across his neck, strangling him to the point where he could pass out any second if it got tighter. He struggled against them, trying to free herself, but his strength was diminished and being on the verge of passing out wasn't helping.

Cal watched out of the corner of his eye as El was put in the same position, being roped to the glass-stained door instead.

Cal tried to yell but only grunst came out as he noticed Vecna carrying in Max from the portal. He could only watch as the monster dropped Max onto the ground without a care in the world, the redhead's body hitting the floor with a thump. Then some vinescame and strung her up against what seemed like the wall of a house, holding her captive.

"Papa is dead," El suddenly stated, though Cal was to focus on Max's body to care at that point. Vecna grunted, slowly walking towards El,

"I know what he did to you. You were different. Like me. Like Cal. And he hurt you. He made you... Into this. He is the monster, Henry. Not you. Not you."

"You're right. You, Zero and I, we are different. And Papa did hurt me. But he was no monster. He was just a man. An ordinary, mediocre man. That is why he sought greatness in others. In you. In Zero . And me. Hmm," Vecna stated , slowly wiping at El's chin with one clawed finger, causing her breath to hitch, Cal now paying attention to the conversation, his eyes however not leaving Max still,

"But in the end... He could not control us. He could not shape us. He could not change us. Do you not see, Eleven? He did not make me into this. You did."

"At first, I believed you had sent me to my death. To purgatory. But I was wrong. I was somewhere new. I became an explorer. An explorer of a realm unspoiled by mankind. I saw so many things. And one day, I found the most extraordinary thing of all. Something that would change everything. I saw a means to realise my potential. To transcend my human form. To become the predator I was always born to be," Vecna revealed,

"It was... It was you. Always you," El muttered, realisation dawning on her,

"All I needed was someone to open the door. And you did that for me. Without even realising it. Didn't you? And when you did realise, you chose to resist. So I sought a means to open my own doors. I sought... Your power," He paused, turning his head towards Cal, who's eyes were now closed, seemingly having passed out "And Zero's power." He admitted turning back to El, "So, don't you see? Once again, you have freed me."

"No," El gasped, wiggling about in her tentacle prison, "You don't have to do this. You can still stop this."

"It is over, Eleven. Your friends have lost. There is nothing... Nothing you, or Zero, can do to stop this now. Hawkins will burn and fall. And the rest of this senseless, broken world. And I will be there. I will be there to pick up the pieces when it does. And remake it into something... beautiful. There was a time when I had hoped to have you by my side. But now I just want you," He turned to Cal once more," Both of you, to watch,"

He walked away from her, making his way over to Cal, as another tentacle made its way out of hiding and around El's neck, choking her.

The monster grabbed the closed eye boys chin, forcing his head to face him, "I allowed you to give yourself up for Maxine's life..." Vecna paused, looking over to Max, who had woken up and was screaming out to Cal for help, "Perhaps you are not as foolish as I thought you were, Zero." Vecna admitted, bringing his hand away from Cal's chin and making his way over to Max

"Don't be afraid," Vecna told Max, who was sobbing, trying to get away. He lifted a clawed hand over her head, hovering above her face. "Try and stay very still. It will all be over soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the real world Max's body began to lift off the ground, her body levitating in one place as Cal's body stayed in it's position, his breath quickening every second

Lucas looked up to the redhead having knocked out Jason.

"Max!" He screamed in agony, fear coursing through him. There was nothing he could do. The walkman had been destroyed. He could only hope that Cal could save her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vecna's eyes began to close, preparing himself to take his final victim, victory almost in his grasp.

"Max!" El screamed out, trying to escape the hold the vines had on her.

Before Vecna could start taking Max's life, Cal's eyes shot open, the boy letting out an unholy scream, similar to the one he did at Star Court Mall last year, a shockwave being sent through the air, forcing Vecna away from Max and on to the ground.

Unbeknownst to him, he had gotten what he had desired...

To be continued in...

The Knight.

A/N

2nd last chapter completed! I was on a roll for this one, probably made a bunch of errors here and there seeing as it's like past midnight and I'm tired as hell.

And yes I know I'm posting this late, I re-did this like 20 times, and I don't even know if I'm confident with this. I'll probably change bits and pieces later.

Anywho, the next chapter will be the final one! I hope you're excited as I am, I've been planning this for ages.

So until then, I'll see you next time! Bye, bye~ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 1.1K 27
[Max Mayfield x fem!reader.] Y/n Harrington. Season 3: Done. Season 4: Done. started: 21/06/2022 finished: 19/07/2022 English is not my first langu...
32.3K 1K 37
"Promise to catch me if I fall?" "Promise." In progress Season 2-4 Max Mayfield x OC
98.5K 3.6K 53
𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 '𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤' ❝ can someone tell me if it's wrong to be so mad about you? ❞ max may...
26.9K 895 51
🖇 。・:*:・゚. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒 a max mayfield fanfic this was the girl i loved. a little ...