The Gate

"Eleven..."

"Mike..."

Cal watched as the two stared at each other before running into each other's arms. The two of them let out sobs as they held onto the other as if they would disappear.

"Is that..?" Max asked Cal softly. He looked at her and nodded before turning back to face the two.

"I never gave up on you." Mike said while pulling away from Eleven, "I've called you every night, every night for-"

"-353 days, I heard." Eleven cut off Mike, tears falling down her cheek.

Mike stopped and stared at her confused. "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Cal was also thinking that.

'Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper answered, walking up to El. "The hell is this? Where have you been?"

Eleven looked at Hopper, "Where have you been?" She retorted. Hopper stood quietly before pulling her into a hug.

"You've been hiding her." Mike spoke up. Cal looked over at Mike and saw the anger on his face. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike yelled as he shoved Hopper.

Hopper turned around and grabbed Mike's jacket.

"Hey, hey! Let's talk. Alone." Hopper ordered before he pulled Mike into a room.

Cal turned back to El and started to walk over to her. El looked at him before she smiled widely and ran up to him, pulling him into a hug. Cal quickly returned the gesture.

"Brother.." Eleven mumbled out, still in the hug.

"Hey sis." Cal said. The two stayed in the hug before Cal pulled away, tears slowly forming in his eyes. "I missed you, like a lot"

"I missed you too brother." Eleven said, tears slowly falling out. Cal was quick to wipe them away before he examined her new look.

"I have to say, I like the new look."

Eleven let out a small chuckle. "Bitchin" She said.

"Yeah, sure. Bitchin" Cal said, confused but happy. Lucas and Dustin walked over to Eleven.

"We missed you" Lucas said, pulling her and Dustin into a group hug, Cal dodging the hug and going over to Max.

"I missed you too." Eleven said, pulling away from the hug.

"We talked about you pretty much everyday." Dustin chuckled out.

Eleven looked at him before putting a finger in Dustin's mouth, touching his teeth. "Teeth.'' She said as the curly haired boy swatted her hand away, but she just put them right back.

"Oh, you like those pearls?" He asked, making a purring sound. Everyone cringed at the sound.

"Eleven?" El's eyes then fixed on Max. Cal watched as Els eyes slowly turned angry. "Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." Max said, holding out her hand with a smile. However, El pushed past her, walking towards Joyce.

Cal watched as Max's expression turned defeated. He put an arm around her waist and pulled her into a side hug. "Hey don't worry. She has a lot of trust issues. She'll learn to like you eventually." Cal said, giving her a smoch on the check. Max gave a weak smile back.

"It's not like it was before. It's grown." Hopper looked at everyone, who were standing around the table. "A lot. And, I mean that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demo-dogs." Dustin corrected Hopper.

"What?"

"I said, uh, demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass." Dustin tried to explain.