Crash the wedding.

Susan7007

All she needed to do was push open that door standing between her and the man she's loved for two long years... Еще

New me/ Old me
Hurts and lies
Stay in the past
Returning gifts

Wedding bells

6 1 0
Susan7007

Georgia

My hands fell, and my eyes grew wide with shock. There was no ignoring it anymore. It was true. Right before my eyes was the evidence supporting the small voice in my head. Everything Michael had said was the truth. In the end, I was the stupid girl who chose to blindly believe in love and ignore common sense.

Love...

I should have known it was too good to be true, especially after...

"Excuse me." The voice said, and immediately I felt a body graze my shoulder. I fell to the ground and stayed there. I'd been standing precariously for almost twenty minutes outside the church, staring at the banner of the beautiful couple.

He looked happy. It was just a picture, but something told me he was happier with her than he'd ever been with me. That something was probably right.

I mean, look at her.

She was beautiful. Tall and slender, with glowing skin. Not a single acne on her face. Photoshop was a possibility, but I wasn't so stupid that I would try to tell myself a lie just to feel good. I was desperate enough though, but not stupid enough.

I took another long look at this happy couple currently getting hitched inside. Her long slender legs, beautiful face, nice curves. Not a single picture of her spared my heart from aching. She was perfect. I can see why he chose her over me.

God!

Why was I being so lame about this. He'd hurt me enough, i shouldn't blame myself for it. This was all him. He'd done this to me. I was perfectly good, perfectly beautiful, Michael had said. And he was right. I was a very beautiful girl.

Just not as beautiful as her, the voice in my head said.

"Or rich..." I chuckled sadly.

This was the union that didn't breathe wrong or deprecated. Nobody would question this union. Two rich and beautiful people getting married.

A match made in heaven.

I couldn't be the half he needed to be whole. I wasn't fit. Too many student loans, too much debt on my credit cards.

And too damn proud to accept any help. The voice said condescendingly.

I laughed. At my situation at first, but then at myself.

Michael had said I should have at least taken his money when he offered. Then I would have a broken heart, but at least be debt free. Thinking about it now, it didn't sound like such a bad idea at all...

I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the door, so I quickly tried to get up. But before I could, the door met my face, and very strongly. I fell again, holding my nose.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

It hurt like it would need plastic surgery in order to recover. I wasn't the type people referred to as gorgeous, but I had one of the nicest nose. Not too small, not too big, just perfect and pointy. I'd gotten it from my father...

"Are you okay?" A voice said after several seconds of nothing.

"I think you broke my nose," I said in pain.

At least my mind was focused on a different kind of pain.

"Here, raise your head up, you're bleeding."

I did as the man said. I couldn't see him clearly. He was very blurry.

"My glasses." I cried.

"Uhm... how funny would it be if I told you I stepped on them?"

"Not very. I can't see without them. I'm supposed to get laser surgery tomorrow, but until then, I'm not a far cry from blind."

"Ohhh... then it's very bad. I'll tell you what, since I'm the doofus who knocked a pretty girl down, how about I take you to the hospital so they can have your nose checked and while we're there, we can get a new glasses for you."

If the situation wasn't that I was kind of blind, I would have melted at his compliment. But then again, he could have just said it to be nice.

'Shut up' I said to the voice in my head.

"I don't think you heard me. I'll like to take you to the hospital." He repeated.

Amazing idea, except this wasn't his fault alone. I'd been sitting outside the door like a deranged person and couldn't get up quick enough to avoid the door clashing with my face.

Stupid.

"It's okay. I can just stay this way until the nosebleed stops. And as for the glasses, I have contacts at home. Once I get home, it's hello eyes again." My laughter trailed down the road of awkward chuckle. That had not been very funny.

I was a little relieved and grateful when he laughed.

"How about this, I'll drive you home and make sure you get in fine. If you change your mind while we're on the road, I'll take you straight to the hospital."

"I really don't—"

"I insist. Please let me do this. How else can I sleep better at night?"

"Alright."

I leaned on him as he helped me up to my feet, and then down the five steps of stairs to the side of the church. I'd not noticed a bench before, probably because I was too focused on the fact that the man I'd dated for two years in secret was getting married.

He sat me down. Just as I was about to get comfortable, I heard a phone ring.

"Excuse me for a minute."

"Yup, I'll be here." I said my head still angled upwards as he walked away.

"Georgia, what happened?"

I felt hands touching all over my face.

"Michael?"

"What happened to you?"

"I had an accident. But it was my fault, not his. How are you here?"

"I knew you would do something stupid. Or try to do something stupid." The sass in his voice made me feel stupid, but I was glad he was here. "Are you hurting anywhere?"

"No. I think my nose is broken though?"

"It looks fine, just a little blood, but we should probably still check it out . Let's go to the hospital. Where's the bastard that did this to you?"

"He should be around. He's on the phone right now."

"Hair neatly combed, fine body, looks like a billion bucks?"

"I don't know what he looks like. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not wearing my glasses."

"Right. Sorry. Uhm... blue suit?"

"I think that's him. I saw the color of his suit. It was definitely blue. Black hair," I yelled. "he had black hair."

"That's our guy. Yummy..."

Michael made sounds with his mouth to indicate that my mystery helper was exactly his type. And I knew Michael's type, gorgeous was one word for them.

"Michael... uh... how does he look?"

"Well, well, well. look who's curious."

I cleared my throat. "I'm not curious, I'm just bored out of my mind. I need some form of entertainment."

"Uh-huh..."

"Oh c'mon, Michael. I found out I was dumped through a wedding. You can't do this much for me?" I pouted.

"Fine... he's... driving away? what the hell... hey!"

"What's happening? Michael? Michael..."

"That bastard just jumped into his car and drove off..."

"What. No. It can't be."

"Who is the one with working eyes? I'm telling you he left."

"But, but, but... he was so nice. He insisted he had to help me. Maybe there was an emergency or something."

"Stop making excuses for jerks. I've told you before, it's not always your fault, and they are most times the ones in the wrong... Shit!"

"I don't like that 'shit'. What's wrong now?"

"The wedding just ended. People are coming outside."

"No!"

"Yes, Gia."

"Get me out of here now. Michael, hurry."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

Michael helped me to my feet. He grabbed my hand and began dragging me away from the church. I hit my leg twice on stones before we got to his car, but none of that mattered. I was safely away from Tommy and his new bride Bethany.

After the hospital, Michael drove me home. He helped me wear my contacts and returned sight to my world.

That night I cried as I remembered my day, but got quickly distracted as I remembered the nice guy who had turned out not so nice after all.

"What's his deal? He'd begged to take me home, and then leaves me to my fate?"

It was like he knew my pitiful character. I was too nice. Michael and Drew had said a million times. And that was their pleasant way of saying I was gullible and timid.

They aren't wrong. I mean, see how today turned out. I'd gone to the church to throw a fit, but couldn't even move passed the door.

Tommy had betrayed me. I saw him last night. He'd slept in my bed and left early this morning through my window. We'd done unspeakable things to each other just yesterday and not once did he mention he was getting married the next day.

I was the fool. All the magazines in the tri state area probably had a picture of them smiling and looking like the best damn couple of the year, and me...

I sat up in anger.

No more. I told myself. I couldn't continue being so timid and allow people to walk all over me. That guy at the church was the last straw. I needed a change of attitude and while I'm at it, maybe a makeover too.

I grabbed my phone and called Michael. It was almost eleven, but he'd been waiting for this news for so long. He wouldn't mind at all.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Accidental Marriage A E I N 🌼

Любовные романы

3.6M 150K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
Amidst Our Erred Stars Sreesha

Любовные романы

277K 32.9K 24
People meet by accident, People fall in love by accident, But people surely don't become someone's baby daddy accidentally, or do they? What started...
His Innocent Queen Angel Of Doom

Любовные романы

549K 51.9K 34
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
3.2M 261K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...