Princess Irisa And The Fragil...

By Kendjunior_

When Irisa, the first prefecture princess of Hasten, a big city in the state of Kaley got betrothed to the fi... More

Prologue.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Epilogue.

19

23 6 0
By Kendjunior_

* * * *
"We should get to bed, it is quite late." Irisa nodded looking at the four-poster bed and stood to her feet sluggishly leaving the warm embrace.

"You have all this and you made Nancy and I suffer in that old small room?" Irisa questioned wondering how this room could be this luxurious in a manor that was practically falling apart.

"I wasn't sure if you were a spy for the Empress, I had to protect myself." Irisa nodded and pulled the huge duvet that covered the bed.

"I apologize for that," Aaron said seriously, she nodded and sank into the soft bed. This was even softer than the one she had back in Hasten.

"Wow!" she exclaimed as he joined her, sinking into the soft comfort. "This is very comfortable," she tapped on the side of the bed and threw Aaron a glance who was staring at her.

"It is."

"Well, I am going to go to sleep, we have much more to discuss tomorrow." he nodded watching her close and open her eyes.

"You are still not forgiven, Aaron," Aaron scoffed

"I understand," he closed his eyes, a smile on his lips. "Goodnight princess."

"Good night Aaron," she mumbled, the drowsiness overpowering her.

* * * *
Irisa opened her eyes slowly, the bright light. She turned to see Aaron staring at her, "good morning," she said softly and sat up. "Good morning princess, you seem well rested," He pulled the duvet off and stood to his feet.

"This bed is very comfortable, the softest I have ever had the opportunity of laying on." He took his shirt and his mask off. He turned toward her and smiled, "well, you can stay here for the rest of your days." she laughed courteously and nodded.

"This is the first I am seeing the face of the man I am married to, isn't it strange?" she asked amused.

She sat up, watching him, as he prepared a cup of tea for both of them, and opened the window wider. She squinted and frowned, it was a bright day. She had a lot to do, the celebration was today even though she felt it was necessary.

He walked back with a tray and sank next to her, shifting the tray toward her. She smiled, "thank you..." she appreciated making him nod. He took a cup and a biscuit shoving them in his mouth. They sat in silence eating and enjoying their tea.

"You need to start the preparation early, we have to have lunch with your family. I think that the Empress wants to announce princess Beatrice's engagement to the crown prince.

"That good! I will finally see my brothers! I am sure they wouldn't want to miss their sister's engagement."

"You seem close to your brothers," she nodded her head eagerly.

"Yes, they have treated me not only like their father's bastard child but as a sister, they have been good to me."

"Which of them would you say is the closest to you?" he asked curiously.

"Well, I will say, Benedict, he is my best friend. We have been close since we were kids." Irisa sighed, "it is just so sad that I don't see much anymore." Aaron placed his hands on her shoulder giving her a reassuring smile.

"But you will see him today, that would be good for both of you." Irisa nodded and looked away.

"I am so delighted, after months. He must miss me so much and he must be dying to see me as I am him,"

"He must."

"I must go and take my bath, I will have to dress in my best Harriton garment." he nodded watching her, she dropped the tea cup and moved out of the bed. She picked up her headpiece, she bowed slowly and courtesy, "I will see you later, my prince."

"And you too my princess," Aaron waved her off and she turned and managed to get out of the large room.

"Nancy! Where are you?" Irisa called out as soon as she got to their room, Nancy entered the room with a garment. Irisa turned to her and narrowed her eyes at the smiling maid. Nancy was up to something, she knew it. There was a way she smiled when she was being mischievous.

"M'lady, you have returned, I hope your visit was ehn... Well?" she asked softly waiting for her lady's reply. Irisa turned away and took her sit on the old dresser.

"I am well, where is my garment? And I need a good bath, can you prepare me one. You have to take one too, we are going to the palace, a ceremony in my name is no joke." Nancy nodded and dropped the garment on the bed.

"I will get right unto it m'lady,"

* * * *
"Sooooo," Nancy started, Irisa glanced toward her, "say whatever you want to say, Nancy, you have been staring at me all day long." Irisa closed her eyes and sank deeper into the rose water.

Nancy blushed shyly and scratched her head, "M'lady... You suddenly left yesterday and you are back smiling and glowing?" Irisa scoffed and opened her eyes turning to Nancy, who looked down quickly.

"I am sure you are aware that I am still you mistress Nancy, spending time with my husband is not your business."

Nancy shook her head rigorously, "it is not that m'lady! I just... You refer to him now as your husband! It good that you are finally happy you know, I am sure he has told you the truth?" Irisa slowly sank into the water, she stared at her window, a smile reappearing on her face.

"He did, and we are fine. That is all you need to know Nancy, do not be noisy." Irisa scolded sternly. "Yes m'lady," a small smile appeared on her face.

"Now go and get me some olive oil, I am in need of it. Quickly!" Nancy stood to her feet and walked out of the room, leaving Irisa to think deeply.

* * * *
Irisa placed the last of her jewelry on her neck and stood to her feet. The heavness of the gown almost pushing her off her feet.

"You look absolutely stunning my lady." Nancy complemented smiling, Irisa nodded, giving her a small smile before turning back to the mirror, "the prince will have his on you, all through out the night, do not worry!" Irisa nodded, their eyes flew to the door as a small knock resonated through our the room.

"Irisa? Are you done, we need to get to the palace for lunch," Irisa walked toward it and opened it, "here, my prince, I am ready." he opened his mouth looking at her up to down. Dressed in Harriton garments, she looked like a goddess, how could he be so lucky even with all the misfortune in his life?

"Aaron!" Irisa snapped him put of his daze, and slowly covered his mouth, Nancy giggled as he tried to find the right words to say, "I mean, you so geogorous, look at you! You look so stunning, nobody will be able to take their eyes off you."

Irisa nodded softly, the smiling widened by the meeting, "that the plan, your highness."

"What the hold u..." Raymond stopped and stared at his friend's wife stunned. "Wow!" he said, he was hit by surprised as Nancy helped out of the room, "you look so good..."

"I do." Aaron slapped Raymonds head, glaring at him, Irisa chuckled and Rsymond groaned before apologizing, "do not worry, Irisa. He will not gawk at you like that again, will you Raymond?" he asked seriously and Aaron nodded quickly.

"Now shall we leave, we are running late already." Irisa nodded and took Aaron's outstretched hand and circled his arm. Nancy tool her lady'a other arm and was led outside their home outside their home.

"Are you going to sit on your wheel chair?" Irisa asked, the displeasure evident in her voice. Aaron nodded, "they cannot know that I can walk because the Empress will see me as a threat and try to eliminate me," he touched her cheek softly, "I cannot allow that. I will put you im arms way too."

Irisa nodded, understanding even though the frown was still on her face, "the duchess will be there, be warned Aaron. She is difficult and cruel." Raymond scoffed making Aaron glare at him.

"I apologize sincerely my prince, princess. The carriage is ready and we shall leave at once." they waited until the carriage and Raymond's horse was brought out of the shed. Aaron and Irisa we're greeted by the carriage wheeler, who placed a stool by the side of the carriage. Aaron and Nancy helped Irisa up the carriage, she entered the acreage sat waiting for Aaron, who joined get soon after.

Raymond climbed his horse and Nancy settled next to the carriage wheeler. She smiled and greeted the old man who nodded back at her. Aaron commanded them to start the journey and they did.

"Have I told you, you look amazing?" she giggled and shook her head.

"You have but you can say it over and over so I can be reassured." Irisa said, circling his arm and placing her head on his shoulder.

"The empress doesn't like me, I am sure she isn't happy about this celebration." Aaron rolled his eyes.

"The woman is full of hatred. She threatened me to not stop working from the manor after the prince humiliate me in front of the whole council. It was so horrible!" Irisa rubbed his shoulder.

"I am sorry, but there is nothing we can do, we have to find that letter, that is the only way to ensure your claim for the throne." Aaron sighed and nodded.

"I wished she would shut her mouth, she finds every opportunity to belittle me, it is so unnecessary and I think she and her son thrive off it."

"One day Aaron, we will finally shut them up. Your mother will be avenged and you will take the throne." the carriage came to a halt, Irisa pulled her side of the curtain to see that they were already at the palace, "you need to calm down, Aaron. Donald seemed like a person that would do anything to taunt you, the duchess is no better. We have to make sure that everything we do is well calculated."

Aaron nodded and Raymond soon after opened the carriage and helped Aaron into his wheel chair, "make sure Irisa is protected at all times, are we clear?" he whispered into Raymond's ears who nodded at once. Irisa held Nancy's hands, they made their way into the palace. Maids and servant moved around the palace getting ready for the evening feast.

"This so grand?!" Nancy said in awe looking at the decorations being made, Irisa nodded quite confused as to why. She saved the prince yes, but Aaron said it was nothing but a small feast, why would there be so many decorations?

"What is all this?" Irisa asked Aaron, who shook his head, "I do not know, the prince told me it was going to be a little feast, I did not know there was going to be a celebration like this?!" Irisa sighed as soon as they got to the grabs dining hall. The guards bowed slowly and open the door, announcing their presence.

The eyes of the table flew to them as they walked in. Irisa smiled and fell to her knees ceremonies greeting the Empress, her father and the Duchess, who looked away in displeasure, "welcome!" Donald said to them, he stared at her, as Nancy helped her up from the ground.

"Please seat." Irisa smiled at the prince and nodded, "thank you very much, your highness." she said polite and tried to find her seat.

Nancy stood by Irisa so did Raymond by the prince, "I want to say I appreciate you for saving my life, thank you so much," Irisa nodded and glanced around the table to find Asher and Benedict sitting next to each other and eating silently.

"The water hemlock poison isn't something many survives, it good that you are alive." Irisa bowed slowly in respect.

"So we are here for the feast celebrating princess Irisa's heroism and I am sure you have seen the decorations outside?" they all nodded.

"The crown prince my son, has agreed to marry the second princess of Hasten. He has agreed to make princess Beatrice to be his wife." Donald clenched his jaw, he shoved food into his mouth, he didn't want her!

He was only doing what he was doing to make not disappoint his mother. After she had helped him dispose the maid he killed. She knew about his desire for his belthef's wife and had angrily demanded him to marry Beatrice immediately. He had refused but his mother hadn't giving him any option.

"Well, congratulations," Irisa smiled at Donald and then at Beatrice. Beatrice nodded giving her a fake smile and taking a drink of her water.

"Thank you."

"So how was your journey to Omoral, the king sent report about you saving a small village from the extermination by the vallian soldiers." the Empress asked, making Irisa glanced at Aaron, he smiled.

"Yoir highness, we are glad to help. We know that the Vallian's invasion of Kaley shouldn't be happening," the whole table hummed and continued to eat.

"I heard that the crown Prince managed to send the whole of the Vallian soldiers out of young city?" Jessica asked smiling the Empress nodded and took a mouthful before chewing the sweet food.

"I am so proud of my son! He has done amazing things, I am rewarding him with this marriage to the second princess of Kaley! She is beautiful, smart, geogous, quick-witted, and obedient. This is everything you need you need in a woman and a fine queen."

Donald internally rolled her eyes, the Empress was obviously delusional. He was so stupid to have agreed to this condition, the Beatrice he had talked to was nothing shut of stupid and unnecessarily dramatic no mind of her own.

"Thank you, your highness." she blushed shyly, Irisa glanced at her brother, who are silently. He hadn't glanced at her once, he was eating with distaste, he looked deep in thought.

"So how did you find Omoral Aaron?" the Empress asked suspiciously. He nodded, "it was find, the king visited the night we got there. Like I said we wanted to silently find the cure for my wife's poison."

"They say that Silkon Valley rivers were poisoned, by water-hemlock." Aaron coughed almost checking hearing the news. He looked towards Domald who was smiling with pride. He was sure he was behind the poisoning of the water, he couldn't believe that the idiot was smiling proudly knowing that that poison is incurable.

"I am not saying it is a good thing that their rivers were poisoned..." Jessica started, "but it serves them right for all the evil they have committed in Kaley." Irisa blinked, how low could they get?

They talking about fifty thousand people here! How could sit there and not feel empathy? For children, women, elderly even men that we're going to loose their lives! Just because of a fight that the royal families were informed in.

"I agree with you mother, those people deserve anything that is coming to them, they are bunch of idiots, how could they wage war against kaley?" Beatrice laughed softly and shook her head before taking a sip of the soup on her soup and taking the napkin and dabbing the side of her mouth.

Irisa wanted to go back home and get into the comfort of her hard bed, with Nancy and a novel because just sitting there was giving her headaches. Irisa took a sip of water and gulped it, "have you heard from lord Egemomd, he was here rambling about some privates along the sea!"

Donald rolled his eyes,"that man speaks utter rubbish! I do not have time for him! He take as though we are doomed if we do not listen to his command."

"But wasn't he once a general in the army?" Irisa asked before clamping her mouth shut, the Empress glanced at her before looking back at Donald who shook his head, "that doesn't matter! He is greedy and needy for the royal attention, there are more pressing matters than pirates!"

Irisa glanced at Benedict again who had sad nothing and simply not glanced at her, why wasn't he looking? She was sure he could feel her gaze on him, so why wouldn't he look at her, even if it was just a peek.

"I am have asked him to return to Venusa without, the duke shouldn't allow men like him wonder around in the name of Venusa, I asked Aaron to send letter to him! Have you done that?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I am going get right to it your highness," Aaron bowed.

Donald curled his mouth in displeasure, "I do not like you idling around! You are crippled the least you could for your nation is to actually use that brain of yours to be productive!"

"My apologies your highness, I wasn't informed earlier, I will bring the report of the duke in due time."

"Excuses! Excuses! That all you make Aaron! I do not think that you are even ready to be a servant to the king! I am being merciful to you because of our mother but do not test me Aaron! If you keep this up, your seat at the court will be given to somebody who actually has some potentials!"

Aaron forced a smile, looking around the table, he bowed at him, "I apologize once more your highness, I will send the report to you as soon as possible!"

"You better! I do not if it is your brain that is crippled! You are crippled not paralyzed, do not make mistake because I will not spare you!" Irisa clamped mouth shut as Aaron grabbed hold of her, she swallowed glancing toward the Duchess and her daughter that was staring at her with pleasure.

This was what they wanted! For her to be stuck in a marriage where she was going to be practically unable to do anything and be irrelevant in history. She couldn't understand why this people were like this, so malicious, it was checking her up.

"So Irisa!" Beatrice started dropping her spoon, "how is your marriage with prince Aaron going? Do you have any tips as you can see that I am getting married to the crown prince soon?" Irisa almost scoffed, she knew it was coming, the question about how her marriage was, she couldn't understand if Beatrice could just give it a rest.

"My marriage is fine thank you very much, when you get married to prince Donald, you will learn yourself, I do not need to teach what you have already known."

"How do you mean First sister? I mean, I am just trying to get to know how marriage has been treating you, I want to know the tips to make a better wife of the crown prince, mother of the future heir and the Empress of tomorrow, sister."

Irisa took in a deep breath, "well, you should know that your husband is the most important thing, you have to drop all your childish antics and attain a new character, you have yo be patient, loving, and forgiving, remember that you are going to be married to him for a long time, learn his likes and dislikes, be supportive in whatever plans, decisions he makes, do not be selfish because the fate of Kaley depends on not only but you too and make sure to make him happy."

Aaron raised an eyebrow, she had learnt all this is a sparm of their disaster of a marriage? He was surprised at all this, "you learned all this in the spark of what? Nine weeks?" Beatrice asked quite surprised.

"Yes I did, why is it so surprising to you?" Beatrice laughed nervously looking away. Irisa shook her head at her childishness. This must be a joke!

"Princess Irisa," Donald called and smiled, "I have a gift for you for saving my life." Irisa frowned looking around the room.

"No need your highness, I am happy for your appreciation." she bowed.

"I must insist princess. Samuel will be your guard and he will serve you from now onwards!"

"Donald!" the Empress gritted out. Why would he gift her a guard? Beatrice glared at the woman who smiled bowed.

"Thank you your grace, I appreciate this gift." Donald nodded not looking at the Empress even though he felt her hard gaze on him. Soon after the the Empress wiped her mouth and dumped the napkin and stood to her feet, her entourage walked quickly toward her, the table stood to their feet and bowed slowly to her, the maids and servant fell to their knees also bowing.

"You can explore the palace grounds, talk to people and make alliances, it would make our family stronger, come Donald we must discuss somethings," Donald nodded and walked out of the room with his mother, entourage and his guard.

* * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23 1 3
On the eve of her seventeenth birthday, Melior of Milana finds herself embroiled in a scheme to trap her into marriage with a neighboring king. After...
113 0 11
The continent of Arashyasu had always been plagued with slavery and its trade until a young boy and his father rose up in rebellion, liberating many...
65 5 11
There are five kingdoms on the planet called "Earth", wherein the people have their own elemental power; it is either fire, water, earth, ice, wind...
684 6 13
"Do you think that we'd still be here like this if we have never met?" He asked looking up at me with a smile. "I guess," I looked down at my fidgeti...