Evermore ~ Rumplestiltskin

By wanderinggsouls

And I was catching my breath Barefoot in the wildest winter Catching my death And I couldn't be sure I ha... More

Author's Note
Cast List
Chapter One (s1) [Edited]
Chapter Two [Edited]
Chapter Three [Edited]
Chapter Four [Edited]
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve (s2)
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five (s3)
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six [Edited]
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Part II | Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Author's Note// unpublishing for now

Chapter Thirty-Three

197 5 0
By wanderinggsouls

                    Rumple's POV

I hated seeing Liana's expression on her face as I crossed through the invisible shield that Pan had created. I knew that she was going to worry for my safety, and for that, I felt guilty. But if I go in, at least I'll know that she's safe.

"Hello, laddie," said a familiar voice. It was Pan coming out of the shadows. "Oh, I see you've come bearing gifs."

I gritted my teeth, as I felt Pandora's box still in my hands. "Where's Henry?" I asked him.

"Oh, you mean my great-grandson? You still haven't told the others who I really am?" Pan scoffed. "You told Liana, but not even your own son. Why?"

"Because you're nothing but a coward to me," I spoke, using the same word that people often called me.

"We both know if that were true, I'd already be in the box," he replied.

"You don't think I can do it?" I asked. "You let me inside to, uh, taunt me?"

"No," he said. "To see you again, to give you one last chance. Stay with me. Let this go. Let's start over."

I glared at him. "Do you think I want to be with you? That I could ever forgive you after you abandoned me?"

"I'm disappointed, Rumple," he said. I narrowed my eyes at him. "After all these years, I'd thought you'd be more... understanding, considering you did the same thing to your son. You traded Baelfire for the power of a dagger, and I traded you for youth. We're a lot more a like than you care to admit."

"We are nothing alike!" I spat.

"Oh, of course we are. And it's nothing to be ashamed of. Neither one of us was cut out to be a father, m'boy," he said.

"I regretted leaving my son the moment I let him go. I spent my life trying to find him, to get him back. And what did you do? You forgot about me."

I was trying really hard to not let the tears fall, the tears that were starting to form in my eyes. I couldn't let him see me cry. I just couldn't.

"I never forgot about you!" he yelled. "Why do you think I call myself Peter Pan?"

I scoffed. "Don't think for a moment I believe it's because you care for me. You never have. I have others who care for me."

"But I do," he said. "All you have to do is put down that box and you'll see it's true. We can make the fresh start you always wanted, together, just as we planned."

"Oh, I'm gonna make a fresh start," I said. Then I whispered, "Not just with you."

I then tried to open Pandora's box but it wasn't working. I gritted my teeth and stared down at it in frustration before looking back up at Pan. "I don't understand."

"Cause you don't have it," he said, taking out an identical version of the box.

"You switched them?" I asked, my heart beating faster.

"Follow the lady. Still have trouble believing. In Neverland, all you have to do is think of something to have it. Even something fake." He laughed. "But the real one... well let's see what it can do."

My eyes widened. I have failed. "No!" I yelled as Pan trapped me in the box. I was now all alone, surrounded by darkness, thinking about how the others will be able to save Henry if I couldn't do it, and if Liana was safe and if Bae was safe...

Liana's POV

Regina and Emma successfully were able to create the eclipse, making the shield break down.

We all ran into the cave where Henry and Pan were. We watched as Pan Enchanted Henry's hand with a heart ripping spell. Henry then ripped out his own heart.

"Henry, wait! Whatever Pan's telling you, don't do it," said Neal.

"Dad, you're alive?" Henry questioned.

"I am, buddy. And I need you to listen to me. Pan is lying to you," Neal continued.

"Oh, pleasure to see you, too, Baelfire, not to mention the savior, the princess of Narnia, and the evil Queen."

"Henry, you need to get away from him now. He's trying to hurt you," said Emma.

"Yeah!" I agreed. "Henry, please. Listen to your mother's. Listen to your father. Listen to me. Listen to all of us. Pan is trying to hurt you. He is only taking advantage of you," I explained.

"No," Henry argued. "The heart of the truest believer. It's what's gonna save magic. It's gonna save all of you."

My heart broke in half.

"No, it's not. This was never about magic. Henry, you have to believe us. The only person Pan's interested in saving is himself," Regina explained. I nodded my head.

"That's not true!" Henry yelled.

"Of course it isn't," said Pan.

"Fuck off, Pan!" I snapped.

"Pan can't live without you dying. If you give him your heart, it's gonna kill you," said Neal.

Pan looked at Henry again. "They're trying to stem your belief, Henry. But don't let them. Remember, every hero gets tested," he explained. I shook my head.

"Henry... I know what a hero looks like, and this isn't it," said Emma.

Henry turned to face Pan. "Why would they lie?"

"Because that's what adults do, Henry," said Pan. I gritted my teeth. "You know that better than anyone."

"Henry... you have to believe us," said Regina.

"Your parents don't care about Neverland Henry, and neither does Liana. They know if you give your heart to save it, you'll have to stay. They're being selfish because they don't want to lose you."

"Selfish?" I chuckled. "How are we being selfish for wanting Henry to I-don't-know, not die?"

"Ignore her," said Pan. "Liana likes to play mind games."

I gritted my teeth again. What game was he playing at?

"Henry, you have to trust us," said Emma.

"Trust? I'm the only one who's been honest with you Henry," he said.

"That's bullshit," I commented.

"The only one who's ever believed in you. This is your choice. Not theirs. You have to choose now. We're running out of time," he continued.

"We believe in you, Henry," said Neal.

"Because we love you," said Emma.

"More than anything," Regina said.

"In the entire world," I continued.

"I love you, too," Henry said. "But I have to save magic."

"No, no, no!" Neal exclaimed.

"I'm sorry," said Henry.

"Please don't," I said.

"No!" Neal, Emma, Regina and I yelled in union as Henry placed his heart into Pan. The deal was done.

+++

I watched as Henry was constantly being shaken by Emma and Regina. He wasn't moving. "Oh god, is he unconscious?" Emma asked.

I bit my lip. Between Henry being unconscious and Rumple missing— I was a total mess, pacing around everywhere.

"Henry, can you hear us?" Regina asked.

"He passed out as soon as his heart went into Pan," said Neal.

"Is he breathing?" asked Regina.

"I don't know," said Neal.

Pan then came back from the sky. "What the hell did you do to him?" asked Emma.

"Oh, I didn't do anything, Emma. It was all Henry. He offered me his heart of his own free will," said Pan.

"Out of his own free will," I scoffed. "No. You manipulated him... you son of a bitch," I said.

Emma then unleashed her sword. "I'm gonna take it back from you." Emma then lunges forward and whilst doing so, Pan disappeared.

I then watched as Pan grabbed the box from the rock. "I don't think you have it in you." Emma turned around. "Rumplestiltskin didn't." My eyes widened. Rumple... where was he? What did he do to him? Is he... no... don't think like that.... Pan tossed the box around with his hands. "Why should you?"

"Where is Rumple? What did you do to him?" I asked, my eyes watering.

"Oh, he's right in this box," said Pan. My heart took a leap. God no. He's trapped all alone in there... "Safe and sound. And out of the way. Unfortunately for you, he can't hurt me anymore. And neither can you."

"Really?" Emma questioned. Emma used her sword to hit him, which eventually cut his arm. "How did that feel?" she asked.

"Like a tickle," he replied. I gritted my teeth as I watched Pan fly away, taking my lover with him.

I then looked back at Regina who was rubbing Henry's chest. Emma kneels down next to Henry. "How is he?" she asked.

Regina then said, "You're gonna be alright, Henry. We're gonna get you home."

I sighed and tried to think of ways that I could get Rumple back from Pan, which is not going to be easy. But just like we were going to save Henry, we were going to save Rumple too.

     A/N:

Hey all! Sorry for the late update! I just started my junior year of college this week so I've been pretty busy! I definitely won't be having a regular updating schedule because of that. I hope y'all understand. And thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.6K 674 24
{ storybrooke } In which Winter accidentally stumbles upon Storybrooke, a town with strange citizens. Be warned: * This book contains plotlines from...
8.3K 1.5K 31
You've heard the stories of Snow White and the Evil Queen. You've known how it ends. But did you lived the tale? After all, we're all stories in the...
1.3K 30 9
Snow White and Charming was going to have twins Snow knew the future for her first daughter however she worried about the second Rumple didn't even m...
2.2K 117 34
Rumplestiltskin watched smiling his two creatures. Now they were far from one another, a thousand people between them, but soon they would be close...