Flora

By UrJuliaOi

꧁ Love may or may not bloom under certain circumstances but when it does, It outweighs everything. This story... More

Author's note
Unveiling of the settings and Lead Characters
꧁Prologue꧂
꧁Chapter 1꧂
꧁Chapter 2꧂
꧁Chapter 3꧂
꧁Chapter 4꧂
꧁Chapter 5꧂
꧁Chapter 6꧂
꧁Chapter 7꧂
꧁Chapter 8꧂
꧁Chapter 9꧂
꧁Chapter 10꧂
꧁Chapter 11꧂
꧁Chapter 12꧂
꧁Chapter 13꧂
꧁Chapter 14꧂
꧁Chapter 15꧂
꧁Chapter 16꧂
꧁Chapter 17꧂
꧁Chapter 18꧂
꧁Chapter 20 ꧂

꧁Chapter 19꧂

130 10 10
By UrJuliaOi

Playing: Mozart- Requiem, K. 626: Sequentia. Confutatis & Lacrimosa

She woke up with an extremely unpleasant feeling. With her head throbbing, she hissed and closed her eyes shut abruptly as the pain kept assaulting her. Prince Steve who took a nap on the other bed at the Royal Infirmary jolted awake and immediately called for the nurse upon catching a glimpse of Julia in pain. Once the nurse arrived, she immediately attended to Julia, giving her what she needs for the pain to stop.

"You collapsed, Your Highness. It would be better if you stay out of things that stresses you out just for the mean time at least." The nurse consulted, urging her to agree.

"No, I can't possibly do that. There are still a lot more things for me to attend to and I can't possibly be lying here still with everything that's been going on." She opposed, her mother will certainly be disappointed upon knowing this.

"Just please oblige Julia, I can manage all the remaining tasks. Besides, our wedding and coronation is only a few weeks away, you don't need to worry about a single thing, all will be taken care by me. Please give me a chance to make it up to you, you've done nothing but to organize every events that has transpired so far, please get some rest." Steve pleaded, Julia contemplated before she nodded in defeat followed by a sigh of frustration.

Soon, the nurse left the two of them as Steve stared at Julia worryingly. He was hesitant, he was contemplating so hard whether he'd say it or not. Julia took notice of this and she raised her eyebrows, urging him to spill it. Sighing, he looked down on the floor as he fidgeted his fingers before talking.

"I know I told you to keep away from things that are stressing you out, so it was very hard for me to be telling you this but I really felt the need to inform you this since they are some of the closest person to you." He explained in one breath, panting slightly right after.

"What do you mean Steve?" Julia's forehead creased, bewildered.

"It's about Judy and Catherine." He bluntly said.

"W-what about them?" Julia impatiently queried.

"Judy....she was poisoned." Steve revealed looking down to his fidgeting hands.

Julia's mouth fell agape at the revelation, she couldn't utter a single syllable so Steve took the initiative to continue.

"She's doing fine now. The doctor was barely able to find an antidote but she's doing better. She hasn't woken up yet but let's just wish for the best and hope that she would wake up sooner than expected." Steve reassured, his words somehow give her a bit of positivity in her. But it served as a calm before the storm as she recalled him mentioning Catherine.

"What about Catherine?" She asked, narrowing her eyes into tiny slits.

"S-she was shot."

"SHE WAS WHAT?!" Lucy shouted, shocked by what Daniel told him.

"You heard it right, she was shot." Daniel said, gripping his hair in distress.

"Wha-how?" Lucy can't seem to grasp this information so she proceeded to ask further more questions.

"They are suspecting Kai as the one who shot her but I know Kai wouldn't do that. I know he loves her too much to even say hurtful words to her let alone shoot her." Daniel hissed, his words filled with bitterness.

Lucy understood this. She saw and heard how respectful and soft-spoken Kai was. She would often see the couple having their usual morning stroll, he would stare at her in admiration when she was talking, completely dismissing the conversation just to stare at her features and Lucy would often times unconsciously smile at that. They were perfect, not until all these happened.

Their love was indeed very tested that she couldn't help but feel pity. One who practically lost everything he had and one who was forced and shaped to perfection yet still want nothing but love and freedom. Lucy could only sigh at this realization, she sincerely hope and prayed that the operation would turn out successfully and everything will be better for the both of them.

"Does Joanne know all of this?" Lucy queried, breaking the dreadful silence that engulfed the two of them.

"Ben is now trying to inform her." Daniel stated.

"What do you mean by trying?"

"For some reason, she isn't opening her room door. Ben tried knocking but she's utterly unresponsive." Daniel explained.

"I can deal with her." Lucy stated before getting out of their shared room. Daniel just letting her be as he knows she is the only person Joanne would listen to.

She sauntered her way through the corridors until she caught the glimpse of Ben standing in front of her door frame. He was looking down, resting his hand on his waist as he pursed his lips in frustration.

"Let me take care of her." Lucy said before facing Joanne's doorframe. Ben looked distressed. Lucy's forehead creased at what she had seen before facing Ben again who was now sauntering away from the scene.

"Hey, I need you to stay with me here. It appears as though you also have something to settle with her other than what had happened to Catherine." Lucy said. Ben obliged, his future sister-in-law indeed has the quality of a true ruler. She makes every soul oblige to whatever she orders. He looked down the floor as he stood there stiffly, fidgeting his fingers.

Lucy knocked twice, once and twice again. Ben was baffled with this action as Lucy seemingly followed some sort of code. Not long after, the door unbolted, revealing Joanne who looked utterly discouraged and gloomy. Her sleepy eyes, disproportionate figure and her pale complexion was an evident proof that she has not been living well lately.

She would've been better off staying at the woods near the border, she would've been in her most desirable shape and condition, Ben thought.

"What is it you want?" Joanne queried to Lucy with a disinterested tone.

"Catherine, she's been shot." Lucy stated, she didn't saw the need for her to drag this any longer.

Joanne seemed to have lost her balance for a while as she stumbled. Gulping in distress as her eyes trembled.

"Where is she now?" Joanne asked, her tone hardening.

"She's currently at the Royal Infirmary undergoing operation." Ben said, he can't bring himself to look at her and so he uttered those words whilst facing down.

Joanne just took a quick glance at his timid figure before dashing towards where Catherine currently is. Lucy followed as she ushered Ben to do the same.

It wasn't like he expected her to talk to him yet it still pained him. It was as if everything they've been through together was all nothing to her, all because of a misunderstanding. All those years, Ben knew the reason why he couldn't accept letters from his Ji anymore and it inflicted a great deal of pain in Joanne's once frigid heart.

He once eavesdropped on his parent's conversation and found out that they were preventing his letters from getting out of the Kingdom and so their communication with each other was cut off abruptly.

He told all of it to Joanne, he wanted to come clean and sincere yet it was met with utter disappointment. Why didn't he confront them? Why didn't he try to find a way to keep in touch with her? Those questions were spiraling Joanne's mind. Ben understood where she was coming from yet he was just a mere little boy bearing the weight of being a royalty and was consumed by fear and doubts. Time flew swiftly as he forgot about it long enough to forget why he needed to.

The revelation shook both their lives, they were greatly influenced by each other during their childhood and they basically molded each other into who they are now. Arriving in front of the said place, they were met with the doctors taking their scrub suit off and exiting the room. Joanne swiftly went towards the doctor in hopes of getting any update of her sister's well-being.

"How's she doing?" Joanne queried.

"We were able to conduct the operation successfully. She was rushed here right away so she didn't lose too much blood. In the mean time, she's stable. She's expected to wake up a week from now."

A hefty amount of weight was lifted off of her. She sighed in relief as she sat on one of the chairs outside the Operating Room. A lot of things has been very draining for her lately, with the revelation with Ben, Catherine in a grave state and everything else that's been happening. She wanted nothing more than to flee towards the wilderness, to where she think she belongs and follow her heart's desire.

It was such a shame for her that Catherine isn't as courageous, fearless and free-spirited as she is. Their differences wouldn't have hindered them from forming a more "sisterly" bond with each other yet despite not being obvious about it, Joanne loved Catherine so dearly and she will do anything to attain the justice Catherine most definitely deserves. Standing up abruptly, she faced Lucy.

"Whom are they suspecting as the culprit?" Joanne asked.

"They are currently putting Kai Lefsued Huening, Ben's personal assistant on hold as he was the one who rushed her into the Royal Infirmary. He is yet to be given the chance to speak until trial and so he is currently silenced, in a cell with a lass named Bahiyyih whom they just found out as his younger sister." Lucy explained which caused Joanne to flinch. It was a shocking revelation for her. Bahiyyih whom she saved all those years ago never spoke of where she came from or who was her family, her identity was finally shed with light yet in an undesirable way.

"Where are they holding them now?" She queried, bitterness lacing her tone at the mention of Bahiyyih in such state. She served the Royal Family for years yet this is how she'd get treated, it left a bitter taste in Joanne, she could never reconcile with the current monarchy. Julia needs to be crowned as soon as possible for things to get done correctly, Joanne thought.

"They're currently at the underground prison. I am not certain of the specific cell they're situated at but you can ask the guards for assistance." Ben trailed off.

Joanne didn't waste any more time and hastily made her way towards the said prison. As soon as she arrived, all guards and even prisoners bowed down upon her presence yet she couldn't care less as she made her way through the place, stomping impatiently as fury won over her. She looked for the chief, asking him the details of the Huening siblings.

"Where are the Huening siblings? How could you detain Bahiyyih? She's been serving way before any of you stepped into this prison!" She exclaimed with gritted teeth. She was shorter in comparison to the guard she was chastising to yet she made him want to curl into a ball and hide. She's that intimidating, just her mere presence could render a person dropping into his or her knees begging for mercy.

"I-In cell number 807, Your Highness." The guard answered, failing to keep his composure in check within the presence of the elusive yet lethal princess. Joanne was frustrated that she couldn't squeeze out any information from the guard with regards to the imprisonment yet she dismissed her frustration as she made her way further into the prison.

Upon taking in the sight of the cell number from a distance, she was surprised to see that it wasn't behind bars but more like a secluded room behind a thick wooden door with a small peeping hole. It basically doesn't have any sunlight given that its under ground but what's worse is the fact that there weren't any source of light inside. I could go insane if I stay here in like a week or so, Joanne thought. She was about to approach the door when a fully armed knight blocked her path.

"Let me pass." She bluntly said, folding her arms as she glared at the knight standing firmly before her.

"I'm afraid I have to refuse such request, Your Highness." The knight trailed off with his baritone voice muffled by his armor.

"Your Highness..." Joanne mumbled inaudibly, sucking her teeth. She couldn't believe she's dealing with this now, her blood suddenly boiled as her face hardened, a sign that something's about to go down. In this case, the Knight.

In a split second, she raised her right leg and kicked the Knight's face from his left cheek, his helmet dropping off of his head creating a clanking sound that reverberated throughout that part of the prison upon its contact with the cobblestone floor before he himself fell to the ground losing consciousness from the impact. They will never let this slide yet she couldn't care less, she was pissed off. As invalid as that reason may seem, it makes sense if its Joanne we are talking about.

The delightful sound of the keys were like music to her ears. She picked it up from the Knight's unconscious figure and started trying on different keys in an attempt to unbolt the door. The door creaked open as she picked the correct one.

the dim sight of both Kai and Bahiyyih's figure made her blood boil to an even more intense state. Both their wrist were chained and Bahiyyih was unconscious, probably exhausted while Kai was spacing out, barely holding on as a bruise was evident on the corner of his lips, just like the bruise he had when Joanne first saw her with Catherine. Her breathing was ragged, she was fuming in anger. They were so cruel to be treating them like this. The sound of her boots against the wet cobblestone brought Kai back into reality and shook his head, looking up.

"Y-your Highness what brought you here?" Kai asked, his voice barely audible by his weakened state.

"I know you are not guilty for what happened to Catherine. Thank you for saving her life." Joanne's voice softened as she took a glimpse of Kai's unfortunate state, she somehow felt solace and peace in him.

"I-I can't possibly accept such gratitude, Your Highness. I was the reason why all this happe-"

"Blaming yourself won't do anything, Kai. Now if I may ask, who was the culprit?" She queried as softy as she could muster as to avoid putting more pressure to his now tensed state.

Kai looked down, his breathing ragged as he tried his hardest to keep sane within her presence. She crouched down to his level as she scrutinized him deeply. Plucking up the needed courage, he lifted his head and met her anticipating gaze before uttering the name of the culprit whom as much as Kai kept denying, caused all of this.

"Prince Sunghoon." he stated whisperingly, barely audible yet Joanne caught it. Her eyes lit with flames of fury and she clenched her jaw before standing up.

"I should've known better than to let Catherine be around him. Since the first soirée, I've always felt that he's something different just from the way he looks at her. I've always felt wary and suspicious. Now this happened. Don't fret, I shall find a way to return every damn thing back to its rightful places. Because of that scumbag, all of you suffered terribly. This can't go on any longer." She stated with gritted teeth, her voice sounded like she was restraining herself from screaming from pure rage.

"Where do you think are they now?"

"I have no idea your Highness." Kai answered timidly.

"Aside from the three of you, who was around when all of it unfolded?"

"There's Princess Haewon and the referee whom I assume was Sunghoon's personal assistant. The referee was still there when it happened but Haewon decided to flee the place immediately." He explained, his face showing confusion.

She stood up and faced the lass who's currently unconscious. She walked a few steps closer towards her and crouched down, her hand reaching out to cup Bahiyyih's face. Bahiyyih took notice of the warmth that suddenly touched her face and so she slowly opened her eyes, flinching upon recognizing who it was.

"Y-Your Highness." Bahiyyih uttered, it was barely audible yet Joanne heard a tint of sadness in her tone which broke her heart even more.

"I will get you and your brother out of here and we will sue whoever caused all of this to happen okay?" Joanne said, brushing Bahiyyih's hair as she looked at her intently, her eyes screaming sincerity. Bahiyyih pursed her lips as she nodded timidly, she currently doesn't have the energy and the mood required for her to come up with a more cheerful response as what she always used to do back at the palace.

Joanne can't take them out with her in the mean time, it would be worst not just for them but also for her. Kai needed to be proven innocent upon trial first before they are to be set free. She stood up, dusting her skirt off and bidding her farewell to the siblings before she sauntered out of the cell, not failing to notice the guard who was now sitting on the cobblestone floor. He was hissing in pain but immediately stood up upon looking up at the princess who was looking at him with stoic face.

"I command you to treat them like the human they are. Don't chain them, give them a bed to sleep on and a blanket to cover themselves from the cold. Give them what they need. I will be checking here from time to time this moment onwards and if nothing has been done upon my request, I'll do much worse than that." She threatened, pointing her finger towards the spot she hit. The guard nodded, fear blatantly displayed in his eyes.

Joanne went out of the prison with an enraged look on her face. As usual, all the people she passed by bowed down yet she didn't bother giving them a single glance. She will make the odds favor them, despite her being distant from the royal world for who knows how long, she knows a ton about it and with dealing with the current situation, she knows the best person to contact is someone from the Royal University of Law. barging inside Julia's room at the Royal Infirmary, she was met with Steve who was lying down, sleeping and Julia who was coughing uncontrollably.

"What the hell Joanne?" Julia exclaimed, causing Steve to jolt up awake. She chocked on the soup she was sipping earlier as she was startled by Joanne's abrupt arrival.

"I'm sorry." Joanne mumbled.

"What is the purpose of your visit here anyway?" Julia questioned.

Joanne looked at Steve disinterestedly before speaking.

"Why the hell are you sleeping while Ben's personal assistant is being held captive without sufficient evidence?" She queried. Steve just stared at her, never in his life did someone speak to him like that. He was always regarded as the cold and intimidating prince and so it was a shock for him to be beaten by the love interest of his younger brother. Even he can agree that Joanne was far more intimidating than him. He couldn't utter a single word, he can't come up with anything at the moment.

"I get that Julia is in need of company but shouldn't you be doing something about Kai and Bahiyyih's case too? Is this how the future King of Azalea will be like? Incompetent?" Joanne said with spitefulness. Steve was offended by this but he chose to act professionally in front of her. Joanne has always been known for being blunt, brutal and vulgar, not filtering and sugar-coating her words. Steve heaved a sigh and questioned.

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"We both know who to contact, Prince Steve. I need her here before the trial." Joanne said, her tone not giving any place for refusal. Steve blew a heavy breath, it will certainly be hard for him given the fact that she is currently studying at the Royal University of Law but it would be easy to persuade her due to her connection with the siblings.

"I need you to write a letter to Lea Navvab Huening." Joanne commanded.

__________________________
Hello everyone! It's been so long since I last updated this book hasn't it? College life really got my brain drained so yeah🤷‍♀️ anyways is the Chapter image too creepy for your liking? Also no Terry and Judy for this chapter because next chapter will be something big for them. Spoiler: Terry will curse. By the way there is a Taylor Swift lyricism in this chapter guys comment below if you found it! 🤗

Let me know your thoughts y'all! Adios!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 742 19
✎﹏ 5 teens, foster children of Paris. They've thought of having a very miserable life here.. And what if it changes? 5 boys bringing them to a place...
1.7K 141 15
'𝙱𝙴𝚂𝚃 𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂, 𝙱𝚄𝚃 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝚂𝚃 𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙼𝙸𝙴𝚂' 𝒜 𝐹𝐹 𝒜𝐵𝒪𝒰𝒯 𝒯𝒳𝒯 (𝒴𝐸𝒪𝒩𝒥𝒰𝒩, 𝒮𝒪𝒪𝐵𝐼𝒩, 𝐵𝐸𝒪𝑀𝒢𝒴𝒰, 𝒯𝒜𝐸𝐻𝒴𝒰𝒩...
37.5K 2.3K 31
❝crazy right? the things you do for love?❞ ✎ in which time is reversed and she had another chance 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶�...
34.3K 2K 30
❝𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧.❞ TXT a very popular boy group decided to go on a hiatus on their holiday. The boys found theirselves...