Broken Piece of My Soul: A Ro...

By proudintrovertgurl

"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧....𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢�... More

Prolouge
Calm before strom
It was him
The heartbreaking revelation
Darkest time of his life
Hurted by her dearest
A lone ray of hope
The Truth
The Ultimate Betrayal
The Survival
Realization and the Final blow
He needs You now!!
If you want to take him, Go through me first
Return of His 'Old Friend'
Beginning of the End
Epilouge

That Unwanted Mistake

1.7K 74 184
By proudintrovertgurl

FLASHBACK CONTINUES:

Next day....the U17 Delhi team gathered at the stadium for the match against Karnataka in their final group stage match of the prestigious U17 Vijay Merchant trophy!! Delhi team captain Tanmay Srivastav won the toss and opted to bat first. The openers Rohan and sekhar went to open the innings for the Delhi team. By the end of first 10 overs...they managed to score 60 runs without losing any wicket. But in the first ball of 11th over, sekhar got bowled on the first ball and Virat walked to bat with Rohan.

"Rohan....it's not the time to play calculatively....we just scored 60 runs in first 10 overs...and lost one wicket...so we need to accelerate the innings now..."

Virat said and Rohan nodded in agreement.

"Yes you're right, Virat!! We need to attack otherwise....we won't be able to put pressure on their bowling line up...So what's the plan??? Who's going to take the risk???"

Virat looked at him and grinned.

"Of course....the usual one Rohan...you start your counter attack...and I'm saving wicket from the other end...after 5 overs....we'll alternate it!!!"

Rohan smiled in response and nodded..as both of them fist bumped and went back to their respective ends.

As per their plan, Rohan started playing attacking shots...while Virat kept playing his usual calm and careful game....Without a doubt, they both were the strongest batting pair of Delhi team...with having completely different batting approach...soon enough their partnership stand reached 100 run mark and just when the Karnataka team was losing hope of breaking this batting pair...a unwanted thing happened. A thing....which never happened with Virat or Rohan in 13 years....they played cricket together. But that happened for the first and last time in their life....which changed the whole momentum of game and their life too.

In the last ball of 30th over, Virat hit the delivery for four and decided to go for a 2...so Rohan can be at the crease in the next over. Rohan was hesitant at first but he still ran for the first run nevertheless. But when he was about to go for a second run, Rohan spotted the ball already in the fielder's hands. So he hurriedly went back to his crease and when he turned to refuse Virat to take the 2nd run....it was already late. Virat was standing in the middle of the crease....angry and confused about Rohan's sudden refusal of taking the run. So he hurriedly turned back and ran and dived towards the strike end. But to his misfortune, he was already run out by that time. Umpire rised his finger to give Virat out...as the Karnataka team began to celebrate the wicket aggressively, while everyone in Delhi dressing room were sitting silently and mourning....knowing fully well how vital this partnership was for their team...Everyone were sad..everyone...except of their vice captain...who had a unknown mysterious smile on his face. He mumbled

"You've no idea what have you done just now Rohan!! By doing this mistake...you've signed your own death penalty!!!"

"Virat!! Virat are you all right???"

Rohan rushed towards Virat to help him to get up. But a angry Virat jerked up his hand and got up by himself.

"You know....The least you could have done was to just shout and inform me that you doesn't want to take the 2nd run, Rohan!! This was The least you could have done....for team and for me too!!!"

Virat said in a fuming tone and began to walk back towards the dressing room. Rohan sighed and dropped his shoulders.

"That wasn't intentional Virat...i will never do something like that intentionally....we both know that!! Still...please forgive me if possible!!!"

Captain Tanmay Srivastav walked out as the next batter.

"Rohan!! It's not the time to think about the run out or Virat's reaction!!! It was a mistake and Virat knows that too!! So stop worrying about that and focus on match please!!"

He instructed amd Rohan nodded absent-mindly. They both began to play and by the end of the 1st innings, Delhi scored 330 runs, with Rohan remaining not out on 175 and Tanmay scoring a 110 runs!! After the first innings, Rohan walked back to the dressing room and went straight towards Virat...ignoring the congratulations he's receiving. He found Virat silently sitting in the dressing room and Vishal saying something to him...before Rohan could go and talk with Virat...he saw Virat standing up and saying something fumingly to Vishal...before going back to the field and vishal running behind stop him. Rohan shook his head in disappointment and went to drink some water.

Delhi team ended up winning the match by 110 runs, with Vishal taking 6 wickets by giving just 30 runs. After the match...everyone gathered around their coach...who was instructing them to the U19 selectors of BCCI...after sometimes, the chief selector began to speak.

"Good afternoon boys.....as you all know...we, the U19 selectors of the board of cricket control India....are here...to pick some players for the upcoming England tour squad....we're selecting talented young players from all over the country, so we can make a strong team for the upcoming U19 world cup....we're sending a team of 30 players to England...and don't worry...we're going to give you enough chances....to show your skills..so we can choose the bests among them for the world cup....so The 5 players we're selecting from both the team are: Delhi team Captain Tanmay Srivastav, Vice Captain Vishal Roy Kapoor, Karnataka wicket keeper Ashish mishra, bowler K.S Subham and..."

Chief selector stopped for a moment and then continued.

"We had a great debate on the 5th player, we're going to select. Both of the players we had in our minds are surely exceptionally talented...but sadly, we had to pick only one of them....and we can only hope that we made the right choice...."

Virat crossed his fingers and looked hopefully as the head selector continued.

"The 5th player is....Delhi star batsman Rohan Agrawal!!!"

And with that....Virat's hopefull expression slowly turned into a sad, painful one. He looked down, in an attempt to prevent anyone seeing the brimming tears in his eyes. After sometimes, everyone began leave the place...some happy faces, who got selected and some sad ones, who couldn't be able to make it....but Virat didn't moved from his place, even a bit....he kept standing at his place...trying to stop himself from breaking down....until he heard a voice.

"Virat!!!"

Hearing this familiar tone, Virat hurriedly wiped his tears and smiled.

"Yeah....yeah...I'm fine...Rohan!! Woh...i was just waiting to congratulate you!! I know for sure....you'll make us proud....All the best for the tour!!!"

Rohan looked at his friend sympathetically.

"You know you can't lie to me, Virat!! I know that you're upset for not getting selected....I'm so sorry about that...i know...how much hardwork you've done...to reach at this place...but you don't need to worry!! This was the first of the many chances...you're going to get. Don't lose hope Virat...someday you're going to make it to the national team too!!! I believe you Virat!!! Just don't lose hope!!! Keep trying....you'll get success too!!!"

Rohan tried to comfort Virat in a assuring tone. But instead of feeling touched by Rohan's gesture....Virat felt betrayed and humiliated. Suddenly he remembered what Vishal said to him earlier.

"Why you seems so surprised Virat?? You know Rohan is so jealous from you and your talent na!! He could do anything....to become successful....He's nothing like how he acts in front of you...he's like a cunning fox who was searching for such a opportunity to humiliate you in front of everyone since ages....and today he achieved that....by snatching your position in the team!! I told you to stay away from him....but you didn't listened to me!!!"

Although Virat decided not to believe Vishal's bullshits...now after hearing Rohan's words....don't know why, but he felt a sudden wave of hatred towards his oldest friend.
He began to speak in a low furious tone.

"Just stop your acting now Rohan....now after...getting me run out...scoring good runs and getting yourself selected for the U19 national team...you've that audacity to come to me and tell me that i should keep calm and keep doing hardwork!! When we both clearly know that i could have got selected...if you wouldn't have ran me out at the right time!! If you would have refused me to take that 2nd run, instead of Tanmay...i could have got selected for the squad....i was performing consistently in all the matches...but Tanmay performed good only in today's match and got selected...and all thanks to you!! So yeah....thank you very much...for paying back my love and friendship in this way!!!"

Virat said furiously. Rohan was a bit surprised by virat's sudden violent behavior. He tried to speak.

"But Virat....."

"I don't want to hear any excuses Rohan!! You know what....honestly I don't give a damn about all these...i don't need your empathy or consolations...you know why?? Cause you could never understand....what I'm feeling now!!! So yeah....keep your sympathies and excuses with you...I don't need any of that...cause you and i we both knows...this isn't gonna change anything..so yeah you better go and do preparations for your journey to England....instead of wasting your time with someone like me!!!"

Virat responded in a fuming tone and began to went back towards his home.

"Wait...Virat....listen to me for once!!! Virat...stop!!!"

Rohan tried to stop him, but Virat didn't stopped. Rohan dropped his shoulders in defeat.

"Who better than me knows how much heartbroken you must be now and honestly You have no idea how sorry I am about this too..Virat..i never done this intentionally...i wish...i wish i could make you realize that..forgive me for that run-out....i just hope you'll get your chance soon too....."

Rohan was about to turn and went back towards his cycle...when he bumped into someone...who was standing behind him.

"Oh sorry....i didn't saw...."

Rohan was going to apologize....when he looked up at the person in front of him and he froze in his place.

"Vi...Vishal!!! What are you doing here!!"

Rohan exclaimed in a confused tone. Vishal looked at the boy in front of him and smiled.

"Hello Rohan....I'm just here to say...I'm very sorry about what's going to happen!!! But i promise....you won't feel much pain....I'll make sure of that!!!"

"Huh...what are you sayin???"

Before Rohan could ask anything....someone hit hard on his head from behind and Rohan immediately fell on the ground, feeling dizzy. He tried to get up....but someone hit him again....and Rohan felt like losing the little energy he had...he looked up and....Vishal's evil smile was the last thing he saw....before everyone went black.

♡♡♡

Meanwhile after going back to home...Virat went straight to his room and sat in a corner...still sulking about that run out and not getting selected....when he heard someone knocking his room door.

"Virat!!! Beta....can i come in???"

Virat's anger and disappointment disappeared in a moment, when he heard his father's voice, asking him to open the door.He replied calmly.

"Yes dad...come in...the door is opened!!!"

The doors opened and Virat's father...Mr Prem Kohli came in to his youngest child's room with a smily face.

"How was your match today cheeku?? Did you guys won??Arre...What happened suddenly to my energy ball...huh??? Why you're looking so sad and dull today, my boy???"

Virat didn't replied to his dad and looked down.

"We won the match....but I couldn't make it Dad....Rohan and Vishal got selected....but not me!!! I failed to make it to the U19 team....i broke the dream you saw for me...I'm sorry Dad....i failed you!!! I don't think i can ever become a professional cricketer...i failed your dreams....I'm worthless...!!! I'm sorry Dad!!!"

Mr Prem rised a amusing eyebrow.

"So.... you think you...my dearest Cheeku boy....failed me...his father....just because...you couldn't be able to perform well in today's match and get selected for the national U19 team?? You know you're not worthless. You performed unbelievably well in the whole tournament...even Today before getting run out....you're playing well....then how can be any less talented than Vishal or Rohan or the other boys who got selected....you just missed your first chance of making it to the U19 national team...it was the first chance, not the last one...then how does it means that....you failed me or my dreams, Virat???"

Virat looked up at his dad with a teary eye.

"Isn't what it all means, Dad?? No matter how good i performed in the whole tournament....I failed to perform in the most important match. But Vishal and Rohan didn't and now they are going to play for the U19 team now...they even might get selected for the world cup squad too....and if they'll perform well....they'll get their maiden team india call very soon...and look at me....I got left behind of them...they'll become famous cricketers...and i could do nothing but to sit back and cheer for them....it's not like...I'm envying them...they deserved to get selected....but...so do i!! I did so much hardwork....to come to this place....to become a professional cricketer....but now it looks like...i can't be one....i can never play for india...I'm useless!!!"

Mr Prem shook his head in disapproval

"Oh my dearest overthinker....how can you accept your defeat....even before the fight begins....it was your first chance....not the last one...how can you assume that....it's all over...even before you started it officially....that's not who my darling son is....he's the warrior of the Kohli house...he just can't accept the his loss...he'll try again...to correct his mistakes....He'll continue to work hard....with same dedication...again and again....until he gets success, he so highly deserves...This nature of yours is what makes you so special from the rest of the players...you never accept your defeat...you've hunger and passion for this game...and remember my words cheeku....one day this nature of yours is going to help you to achieve your dreams...you aren't useless...cheeku...one day you'll achieve what every other people dreams of....you'll see!!"

Virat silently stared at his father, wondering whether to believe him or not. Mr Prem continued....in a dreamy tone.

"You'll see my son....in the near future....you're going to be the brightest star in the sky of cricket world. You'll surely play for india and captain our beloved team india too...in all formats....I'm sure....You'll be a international Cricketer...Virat....not just another one...but the best of the bests...the one....whom time can't erase...who's name will be written in golden letters in history books...and a person....everyone will think twice, before messing up with....I believe you cheeku....you'll make yourself a household name in all over the world....and i trust you enough to say that....you'll make my name immortal..i have that faith in you!!!"

"Really...Dad??? You really thinks that it's not the end....You...you really think i will ever make it to the indian national cricket team???"

Virat asked in a hopeful voice. Mr Prem Smiled.

"Yes i do my cheeku boy!!! I believe your abilities...i believe your hardworks and dedication for the game...not just because you're my son...but because i trust your abilities....mark my words Virat....you'll surely make it to the indian dressing room and that day you'll remember my words and how true my predictions were....even if i won't be alive to see your success...still Just remember that your father will always be there with you..and no matter what you achieve or not....just remember that your father is so proud of you and forever will be so proud of you!!!"

"No Dad!!! please....Stop saying that!!! You aren't allowed to leave me...You know that...we're yet to do so many things together. How can you think about dying, before feeling proud as the father of the greatest batsman....how can you assume that I'll let you leave me....before you enjoying my success with me...before you meeting my soulmate...playing with my daughter/son....you're my bestfriend papa....my inspiration...the superhero of my life....you know i can't imagine my life without you...then how can you say something like this!!! Please...take your words back now immediately....or cheeku won't talk to you ever again!!!"

Virat suddenly hugged his father and said with a pouty face. Mr Prem laughed and hugged his son back.

"All right...all right...i ain't saying anything!! Besides...I'm not going to die now my boy!! Not until i see you making your debut for the men in blues and make your dad proud..and you gifting me a jersey, signed by Sachin Tendulkar himself....you promised me to get one!! Remember na???"

Virat laughed.

"Oh come on Dad!! You honestly think....I'll be able to talk to Sachin sir....if i ever get a chance to meet him!!! I'm sure....I'm gonna faint....even after seeing him from a distance...You know na....after you, he's one person....whom i idolize the most....he's the one...who inspired me to be a cricketer....if I'll ever get a chance to talk with him even for a second....I'll feel myself like the luckiest man ever....and you're talking about getting a signed jersey from him!!!"

Mr Prem laughed too.

"Well who knows Cheeku....one day you might be able to talk with him....without feeling any hesitations!! You might share the dressing room with him one day....and even become his favorite junior, who'll be like a friend, a brother to him...just like his other teammates....who knows!!!"

Virat didn't said anything and just smiled in response.

"I hope that too Dad....i hope that too....."

"Now...enough of hug....tell me....did you meet Vishal and Rohan or not?? It's such a big moment for both of them...so you did congratulated them and wished them luck, right???"

Mr Prem broke the hug and asked Virat. Virat looked down guiltily.

"I didn't dad....i haven't seen Vishal after the match....i did meet Rohan....but it wasn't a good one....i...i did confronted him and accused him that he did it so he can get himself selected over me....But i now realized my mistake....it wasn't his fault...i know that....he'll never do such a thing intentionally....especially when it's about me...i...I'll go now and apologize for my mistake...and won't budge from my place until he forgives me!!!"

Virat said with a grin making his father smile proudly too.

"Not accepting defeat easily but accepting your mistake in a heartbeat...That's like my cheeku rabbit!! Go now!! I'm sure Rohan will forgive you!!!"

Virat nodded and was going to get up and leave for Rohan's home, he heard his elder brother calling his name.

"Virat.....Virat...where...where are you??"

Both Virat and Mr Prem looked towards the room door, to find Vikas standing and panting heavily.

"What happened Vikas?? Why you're yelling Virat's name??? Is...is everything all right??"

Mr Prem asked in a worried tone. Vikas shook his head.

"No...No...Dad...woh...woh Ro...Rohan...!!!"

"Rohan!! What's wrong bhaiya?? Wh...what about Rohan???? What about him???"

Virat immediately stood up from his sit and asked worriedly. Vikas looked at his father for a moment...hesitatingly before turning back towards his younger brother.

"Woh..Virat...Rohan's in the hospital now...he's seriously injured....and now he's not showing any kind of improvement. Doctors are trying to save his life....but...for now they can't say anything!!!"

"Wh...what???"

Virat's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Wh...what are you saying Bhaiya?? Ho...how can it be possible?? I just met with Rohan half an hour ago...he..he was perfectly all right then...then what happened...suddenly??"

Vikas shook his head.

"I don't know the details Virat...i was going to college...wh..when Raj, Rohan's brother came to me and said that..some people found Rohan lying unconscious near the playground, blood on all over his body....and immediately send him to the hospital....Raj was telling me that....Rohan lost so much blood....and even someone broke his both legs...His condition....is critical now!!!"

Virat felt like his head is spinning...as he sat down with a thump.

"Ho...how's it possible?? Last time he saw Rohan...He..he was completely fine...then...what happened suddenly!!! Wh...who did it with him??? And why?? What if something happen to hi....No..No it can't be!! He...he'll never forgive himself...if something will happen to Rohan....no...no he can't!!"

"Virat...it's not the time to think about anything!! Hurry up let's go to the Hospital...he's your oldest friend and you need to be there with Rohan and his family...Let's Go...be positive...nothing will happen to him!!!"

Mr Prem shook his son a little. Virat nodded absent-mindly and went out with his father and brother.

They reached at the hospital in a short time. Mr prem went to talk with the Doctors along with Rohan's father Mr Ansh ...While Vikas and Mrs Saroj was consoling a crying Mrs Aruna Agrawal and Raj...Rohan's mother and little brother. Meanwhile Virat was silently looking inside of the hospital room...where Rohan was lying unconsciously....bandages all over his body. Virat kept staring at a unconscious Rohan with teary eyes...until he heard a voice.

"Hey kid!! Are you patient's friend???"

He looked up to find a police man standing there with a plastic bag and calling him. He nodded.

"Ye...yes uncle...I'm his friend!! Do you need something???"

"Nothing much....Here's the patient's belongings we retrieved from the playground....please take them to his family, will you???"

The police man said and handed all stuffs to Virat. Virat nodded and was going to give them to Rohan's mother, when his eyes fell on something and his steps froze in one place. It was a bloodied key chain...lying on the top of Rohan's kitbag and other stuffs. He hurriedly took that key chain in his hands and looked at the it more carefully and his eyes widened in shock...when he realized it was not Rohan's key chain.

It was the key chain, he gifted to Vishal....on their friendship day anniversary. No...He can't mistaken it...he himself made this drawing on Keychain to give to Vishal....who loved it so much that he always keeps it with him...no matter where he goes. If his Keychain was found with Rohan's stuffs....Which means....

"Vish....Vishal was there...when someone attacked on Rohan....then why didn't he stopped them from hurting Rohan?? Why he did left him in such a state?? Does...does it means, it was Vishal who did it all???"

Virat's head began to spin when he realized the possibilities of Vishal being there.

"How...how's it possible!! Why would Vishal do this with Rohan!! He's not that kind of person. I accept he doesn't like Rohan....but that doesn't mean he'll hurt him this severely...this can't be possible...."

"But...but then what's his Keychain is doing with Rohan's stuffs!! That too in a bloody state!! It can't reach there automatically...Does that really means....Vishal did it all??? But why?? What has Rohan done to him that...he became so vengeful towards him?? Why???"

Virat didn't realized for how long he was standing and staring at the Keychain....until he heard his father's voice.

"Virat!! Beta, are you all right??"

Virat hurriedly turned back towards his father and managed to nod.

"Ye..yeah dad!! I'm...I'm fine!! Did you meet with the Doctor??? What...what did they said?? When will Rohan recover?? He'll recover before the England tour, right???"

Mr Prem didn't said anything and looked down silently, making virat worry.

"What happened Dad?? Why you're not saying anything??? What did the doctor said???"

Mr Prem sighed and gently put his hand on his son's shoulder.

"He's out of danger now Virat and hopefully will come to sense in 5 6 hours..and...it'll take 6 to 8 months....for complete recovery...but...."

"But!!! But what dad?? Are you upset because...because he's going to miss the tour?? Do...don't worry...so...so what if he'll miss this chance!!! I...I'm sure...he'll earn it again...very soon!! He...he's capable enough to earn it back, you know!!!"

Virat said with a nervous laugh, trying to calm his fast heartbeats. Mr Prem sighed.

"I don't have any doubts about his talent....but I affraid he won't be able to....Cheeku!!! Someone broke his both legs so cruelly...that i affraid he won't be able to walk without any support again!!!"

"Wh....what???"

Virat took a step back in disbelief, still trying to process the whole thing.

"What are you saying Dad?? How's it possible?? What about...what about his dream to become a cricketer??? What...what will happen to that now??"

Mr Prem shook his head sadly.

"I don't know cheeku!! God knows....what Rohan's going to do now??? How...his family is going to process the whole thing!!! May god give them strength to survive this phase!! Anyways it's getting late...let's go back!! After dropping you...i need to come back to be with Rohan's family too....they needs our support in this phase..!!!!"

Virat nodded robotically and followed his father outside, wondering what to do now...

Next day...after finishing his breakfast, Virat went to hospital to meet Rohan with his parents. He went to Rohan's room...to find him looking at his cricket kit...with teary eyes. Virat hesitatingly called him.

"Ro...Rohan!!!"

Hearing his friend's voice, Rohan immediately wiped his tears and turned towards him with a smile.

"Hey Virat....please come in!!"

Virat nodded and went to sit beside him.

"How...how are you now, Rohan??"

After a moment of silence, Rohan replied

"I'm fine now Virat....though it'll take some time, before recovering completely.....but I'm doing good now!!!"

"Oh....woh....Did...did your parents told you everything the doctors said???"

Virat asked in a low tone. Rohan smiled sadly.

"You mean about the condition of my legs....and...i might not be able to walk without any support again....yes i know that!! This was the first thing they told me....after i came back to sense...."

Virat closed his eyes and looked down, not being able heard Rohan's painful voice anymore. Looking at his friend's this state...Rohan took a deep breath and laughed.

"Stop making that face....as if i died Virat...come on I'm alive and perfectly fine now....it'll take me some days to recover...that's it....and You know....you're looking so guilty and sad...as if you're the reason behind it all!!!"

"Because i have this gut feeling that...this is something to do with me...and i sincerely hope it doesn't...."

Virat muttered silently.

"Huh!!! What did you said virat??"

Rohan asked confusingly. Virat shook his head.

"Nothing much....woh....Rohan!!! Can i ask you something???"

Virat asked in a nervous tone. Rohan rised his eyebrows and nodded.

"Huh!! Sure....do ask what you want to Virat!!!"

"Did...Did Vishal did this with you???"

Virat asked him in a low fearful tone. Rohan's smile began to disappear, when he heard Virat's question. He didn't said anything and looked down silently, making virat's heart beating faster.

"Answer me Rohan!! I found his keychain in your stuffs...and I've not seen him even for once since last afternoon...I'm having this very bad feeling Rohan...tell me...was Vishal there....when someone attacked on you....or..or Did Vishal did all these with you??? Don't be silent....answer my question....please!!"

Virat asked impatiently. Rohan took a deep breath and nodded.

"Yes...you're right....Virat....Vishal was the one, who did this with me!!!"

Virat was stunned, when he heard Rohan confirming his suspension.

"Wh...what!!!"

Rohan nodded solemnly.

"Yes Virat...i don't know if you believe me or not....but it's the truth. I even suspect that Vishal did this to other people before it too...but I'm not entirely sure about that!! However. ..i did saw Vishal's face, before passing out in the playground!!!"

Virat felt his head spinning, when he heard Rohan.

"B...but why??? Why would...he ever do this with You??? He...he's not that kind of person....ho...how can he do this!! Why would he even do this??"

Rohan smiled a little in response.

"You know the reason Virat....you do know why he doesn't like me!!!"

Virat didn't said anything and left the room abruptly to come outside. Rohan's words, ringing in his head.

"You do know....why he hates me Virat!! You just choose to ignore it!!!"

"Yes....yes i do know that Vishal doesn't like Rohan.....because...because Rohan is my oldest and closest friend after him!! But...how can it be the reason behind such a...heartless thing!!! How can someone do such a vicious thing...that too someone like Vishal!! How's it possible!!! No...i must ask Vishal about it...either Rohan had some misunderstanding....or Vishal really did it!! I need to meet Vishal now!!!"

Virat was standing and wondering what to do next, when he heard his father calling him.

"Virat!! Beta, your Sharma sir called me to ask if you're going to the academy for your practice session!! It's ok...if you want to stay here and spend time with Rohan..I'll inform him!!"

Mr Prem asked but to his surprise, Virat shook his head.

"No Dad!! It's fine...I'll go!!! I have some important work to...besides i can come here later...after my practice ends."

Virat said and left for the cricket academy. As soon as he entered in the academy, he found Vishal coming towards him with smily face.

"Heyyy Virat!! Guess what i just heard from Rajkumar Sir!! You're named as the replacement of Rohan in the U19 team!! Congratulations....we're going to play for U19 team together...I'm...sooooo happy!!!"

Vishal exclaimed and went to hug Virat tightly. But instead of being happy or responding to Vishal's hug....Virat spoke in a grave tone.

"I need to talk with you Vishal....now!!"

Vishal broke the hug and looked at Virat confusingly

"Huh!! What you want to talk with me??"

"Not here...in a quiet place!!"

Virat said and began to head towards the 3rd floor of their cricket academy office. Vishal too followed him there.

"What's it, Virat??? We reached here...now What do you want to talk!!"

Vishal asked in a impatient tone, when they reached at the 3rd floor. Virat didn't turned towards him and said

"I went to meet with Rohan now, Vishal!! He told me....who did this with him!!!"

Color slowly started fading away from Vishal's face, when he heard Virat.

"What?? Re...really??? Who...who did this???"

Vishal tried to ask in a casual tone. Virat turned towards his bestfriend furiously.

"Don't act innocent Vishal!! I know you're the one who did this!! You're the one....who attacked on Rohan and even tried to kill him!!!"

"Wh...what!! Wh..what are you saying Virat?? Wh..why...why would i do this?? Y...you must have some misunderstanding....i...i didn't do it!!!"

Vishal stuttered, when he saw Virat looking at him with fury. He never saw Virat this angry before. Virat threw a sharp look towards him.

"Oh Really??? Then tell me....what was your Keychain doing in Rohan's stuffs??? That too in a bloody state??? Answer me!!!"

Virat asked fumingly, while showing him the keychain he kept from yesterday. Vishal's eyes widened, when he spotted his Keychain in Virat's hands. He mumbled

"I...i..woh...i..i don't know!! I must ...have dropped...it...believe me!!!"

Virat shook his head in disapproval.

"I don't want to hear anything Vishal!! Now whatever you want to confess... say it in front of police and your parents. I'm going to tell them everything....everyone will know your true colors!!!"

"Virat...listen to me for once....everything i did...i did only for you...you're the more deserving one....you deserved to get selected. But that bastard Rohan got selected...and not you..you know why?? Because he ran you out...I'm...I'm sure...he ran you out intentionally....So he can sweep you out of his way...you're his biggest competitor...So I'm damn sure...he did it intentionally....I'm saying the truth Virat...believe me!!"

Vishal said in a desperate tone, while catching virat's hand to prevent him from leaving. Virat freed his hand with a jerk.

"I don't want to hear anything, Vishal!! Go away....you...you're lying....i...i know why you did all these....you..you hated Rohan from the beginning...you're jealous of our friendship...and you just needed a excuse to hurt him...you never hurted Rohan...because he got selected ahead of me or he ran me out in the match...you did this...because you're a fucking psycho...who can't stand when i talk with someone else...or be friends with someone else. I was tolerating your madness...because i thought...that you don't have any ill intentions....and you're just overprotective for me...but now...i know about your reality. Because of you...Rohan's going to miss this chance..... i can never forgive you for this...i don't need you..from now on.....you're not my friend anymore Vishal...i don't want you in my life anymore..."

Vishal silently stared at Virat for some times and then stared laughing...his expression suddenly changing.....from almost crying to a amusing one.

"You know what Virat?? Yes...you're right. I hurted Rohan...not because he got selected ahead of you...but..because he dared to be close with you!! cheeku...that bastard tried to take my place in your life...then...then how i could have left him without teaching him a lesson...huh?? I wanted to teach him a lesson...ever since i came to know that...he's your oldest and dearest friend...how can he be your dearest Virat...when..when I'm still here in your life....So i decided...to make him pay for it ....But i didn't instantly hurted him....you know why??? Because he was so dear to you...So i was patiently waiting for a day...when he won't be dear or close to you anymore....and today...i got that chance. He got selected ahead of you...and you started envying him...which meant he didn't remain precious to you...and i didn't wasted a moment...before letting out all the angers of past 10 years....i never wanted to leave him alive....but some people came there and i had to run away with my friends....Now I regrets why i let that bastard live!!!"

"Wh...what??"

Virat felt like he couldn't move himself, after hearing Vishal's confession. Vishal smirked

"Why...why you seems so surprised Virat??You know....i can't stand it...when someone else take what belongs to me....ever...ever since you...you said you're my bestfriend Virat..you became my bestfriend only. No one else can be in your life...as long as I'll there....so yeah..Rohan had to get out of my way....and not just Rohan...you know!! I was the one...who poisoned Ayush's cake...because he tried to provoke you against me...I was the one...who attacked on Shaurya after school...because..he called you a 'arrogant son of a bitch'.....i pushed Prayash in the river....Even i was the one....who asked my other friends to molest Anjana...because...because that bitch was planning to make you believe that she likes you and then to make you a fool in front of everyone....everything i did...i did only for you...then...you...how can you think about leaving me for this small thing.....no...no you're not allowed to....you...you know...i..I'm trying to change..myself...Virat....but...until they learn their lesson and stay away from you....i won't be able to stop myself from hurting them, you know!!!"

Virat looked at his bestfriend with horror and disbelief.

"You...you're the one, who did this all???"

Vishal casually shrugged.

"Yes of course....i was the one, who did this all....because they tried to be mess with you!! But do You know...why i didn't do much harm to all those other children??? Because they tried to harm you and for once, i can forgive them about that....but...but that bastard Rohan...he tried to come between us Virat...he...he tried to be me in your life....then you tell me....how I couldn't have harm him, huh??? I can't stand anyone else in your life, Virat...and instead of being angry....You should thank me for letting him live...otherwise no one ever could have saved him from me!! Not even the god!!"

Virat's shocking expression slowly turned into anger. He clenched his fists.

"You...how can you be so casual about this Vishal?? You...you just destroyed someone's career and almost killed him...still you aren't even a slightly guilty or remorseful about it...You...how...how can you be so heartless...Vishal!! You're not a human..you...you're a monster...you..you enjoy hurting people.. you can't be someone's friend...go away...."

Vishal smiled and took a step towards Virat.

"Oh...Come on Cheeku...you can't stay mad at me for this little mistake i committed...don't make me do another mistake out of anger...come on Let's go....We need to start our packing too...let's go....I'll help you in it...."

Virat took a step back, in a reflex...a unknown fear shivering in his body.

"Shut up and and Go away Vishal....i don't want to go anywhere with you...stay away from me...you're a monster....you can't be my bestfriend....you can't be someone's friend...Go...Go away...."

But Vishal didn't seem to listen Virat's words as he took another step towards him....this time a dead serious expression on his face.

"No...Don't even try to do it Cheeku...don't make me hurt you.....I've a very little control over my anger.. .if you'll continue to do it, i affraid i might not be able to hold it anymore...stop hating me...."

"I SAID GO AWAY VISHAL.....I DON'T WISH YOU TO BE IN MY LIFE ANYMORE.....GO AWAY!!!"

Virat screamed furiously with closed eyes and pushed Vishal away from him..knowing little how much this one act was going to cost him in the future...Vishal lost his balance due to this sudden hit and stumbled back in the stairs...falling down. Before Virat could do anything....Vishal was lying unconsciously in the end of the staircase....blood rapidly flooding down from his head. His body bend in a unusual way.

"Vishal!!!!!"

Virat screamed fearfully and rushed towards him.

"Vi...Vishal...no..no...wake up....I'm...I'm sorry...wake up Vishal....ANYONE HERE?? HURRY UP....WE NEED HELP!!!Vi...Vishal...wake up Vishal...."

Virat shouted desperately while trying to wake Vishal up. After sometimes...he heard footsteps coming towards them.

"Virat!! What happend?? Why you're shouti...wait!! Is this Vishal?? Wh..what happened to him??? What happened here Virat???"

Virat turned to find Rajkumar Sharma sir standing in front of him with worried face. Virat felt tears brimming in his eyes.

"I...i didn't...it..it was an accident....i didn't meant to...i didn't sir..."

Rajkumar Sir shook his head.

"It's not time to think about all these Virat...we need to take him to the hospital as soon as possible. I'm calling ambulance...."

After sometimes, ambulance reached at the hospital as the wardboys took a unconscious Vishal to the surgery room. Virat went to sat on a chair....covering his face with his hands, still soaked in Vishal's bloods.

"Virat!!"

Hearing his coach's voice, Virat looked up and burst into tears.

"I didn't meant to Sir....i only called him to talk about Rohan...i never knew this would happen....i...i really didn't!! I'd never do that intentionally....it was a accident!!!"

Rajkumar Sir sympathetically patted his favorite student.

"I know you didn't Virat!! You don't need to clarify anything....and don't cry....We can't change the past...let it go!! But you need to tell me everything honestly. What you're talking with him?? How did he fell down??? You need to tell me everything!!! Don't hide anything and tell everything....then i can be able to decide what to do next!!!"

Virat sighed and narrated the whole story. About Vishal's attack on Rohan...and everything he confessed to him....Rajkumar Sir's eyes widened in disbelief, when he heard everything.

"Wh...what?? Vishal did this all??? My God...how he could be such a evil cruel person!! He did it all...with those children and Rohan...because they're close with you!!! He's not normal....he's definitely a psychopath....."

"Wh...what we'll do now sir???

Virat asked fearfully. Rajkumar Sir shook his head.

"There's nothing we can do about this Virat...I've called Vishal's parents and the police. You'll tell them everything what Vishal confessed in front of you!! But about how he fell down....tell them with that Vishal fell accidentally....all by himself...it has nothing to do with you....you saw him slipping accidentally from staircase and immediately rushed to help him!!"

Virat looked up with shock.

"Wh...what??? But why???"

Rajkumar Sir put his hand on Virat's shoulder.

"Listen to me Virat....it's not the time to think from heart. Think it from your mind. If you'll confess that it was you...who pushed Vishal...his parents will file a case against you...for attempting to murder their son...they won't understand that it was a act of self defense. They even might go to say that you're falsely accusing their son to cover your mistake...so you'll tell everyone that Vishal trusted you with his secrets and that's why he told you everything....understand??"

Virat nodded quietly. Rajkumar sir sighed and spoke

"You might think that it's wrong....but trust me Virat...it's all for your safety. If they'll file a attempt to murder case on you....you've to go to juvenile home for at least 3 years...for a crime you never committed intentionally. Your cricket career would be destroyed....think about your future, your father's dream for you!! You can't afford to destroy it all!!! You got selected for the U19 team now Virat...in future you might be able to play for indian national team too....you've a bright future ahead of you....you possibly can't let destroy it all....because of a unwanted mistake!!"

After many attempts....Virat finally agreed half heartedly and after a moment asked hesitatingly.

"H...how is he now??"

After a pause, Rajkumar Sir replied

"I affraid not good Virat....doctor said...he had a brain hemorrhage....and he broke some bones too...or falling from the 3rd floor..."

Virat's eyes widened.

"Wh...what??? Which means..."

Rajkumar Sir nodded.

"Yes....which means...there's chance...he might loss his organ!! He will recover in 2 3 months...but there's a heavy chance that he might loss one of his organs permanently....for the rest of his life!!!"

Virat gasped in shock and horror, 2 drops of guilt tears escaping from his eyes.

"Th...then!!! What...what about his dreams?? His cricketing career?? What about them??"

Rajkumar Sir sighed.

"Just like Rohan....it ended before it began, Virat!!! No doubt....he was very talented...but his evilness was the reason....his dreams are broken now!!!"

Virat looked at the surgery room with guilty teary eyes.

"I...i destroyed his whole life...his dreams....his career...in my own hands!! I committed a much more terrible mistake than him!! What have i done!!!"

Rajkumar Sir patted his back sympathetically.

"It wasn't your fault Virat!! Like i said....it was just a accident....forget about it all and come with me to the inspector. Say him everything vishal had said....and go back to your home. Don't even think about it all again and be ready for your England tour....you've a much more important work in your hands now...and you can't afford to fail!!!"

Virat nodded and said

"You go sir!! I'm coming in 5 minutes!!"

Rajkumar sir understood and nodded, before leaving him alone. Virat silently walked towards the glass window of surgery room, where he can see doctors preparing for his surgery.

"I know i made a terrible mistake....and you've no idea how sorry i am about this all Vishal!! So what...if other people says that you deserved it...but i know you don't. You're still my friend for me Vishal...even after knowing what you've done...i still couldn't make myself hate you....because of what I'm going to do now....because of the shame...of what i did with you!! So what if it wasn't intentional....i did committed it and now you've to pay the price for it....for the rest of your life. No one is deserved to be left with broken dreams and hopes....no matter how terrible crime they've committed....forgive me for this Vishal!! I'm indirectly betraying you, my bestfriend by not confessing the whole truth and trust me...this is going to haunt me...for the rest of my life...I know it...and I'm sorry....But I've do this!! I'm walking away from you and your confrontation for this time...but i promise you....the next time we'll meet, I'll accept every punishment you'll give me for this betrayal....i promise!!!"

Virat whispered and took a final glance at a sleeping Visha for a final time before leaving...not turning back even for once.

It's been 2 weeks since that fateful day. Virat replaced a injured Rohan in the U19 squad, while a new bowler Ishant Sharma named as Vishal's replacement. True to his coach's plan...he never went to meet Vishal again....no one suspected anything....as everyone came to know about his true colors. Meanwhile Rohan was recovering slowly too and after he was able to walk a little by himself....his parents decided to move back to their city Gurgaon....leaving Virat guilty and heartbroken.

"Won't you take your MRF bats and your favorite cricket kit with you Rohan?? You said these are like your lifelines....you never go anywhere without these???"

Virat asked, when he saw Rohan keeping his cricket kit in side...but regretted immediately, when he spotted a painful expression on Rohan's face.

"N...no!! I think i don't have any space left in my suitcase....besides what I'm going to do with them?? I don't need them anymore!!! But you can take them if you want to....i know you like them a lot!! I'll be very happy if you'll take these....."

Rohan managed to reply in a even tone and went back to pack his things. Virat sighed and decided to ask the question....he wanted to ask ever since he heard about their shifting.

"Do...do you really have to go, Rohan??"

Virat asked in a quiet tone. Rohan didn't turned towards him as he replied calmly.

"You know the answer Virat....yes we do have to!!!"

"But Why you're leaving Rohan?? Tell me Do you honestly need to leave??? Are you leaving....because you're angry on me?? Is it because you thinks i was the reason behind it all?? I know...i was the reason...but i never wanted this...i know i made a grave mistake....for not listening to your warnings....I'm sorry about that....please forgive me....don't leave!! Please....don't!!!"

Virat asked in a teary tone.Rohan sighed and wiped his tears before turning back towards his oldest friend.

"How could you possibly think...I'll ever hate you Virat!! No....I don't, neither it was my idea to move back to Gurgaon...it was mom and dad's decision. They're worried that Vishal might do something out of rage....so initially They wanted to file a case against him...but i asked them not to....in my opinion...he already got his punishment. His 2 most favorite things....dream to become a professional cricketer and friendship with you....both are broken. So that's enough punishment for him. So moving back to our old house was the only option left...now I'll practice to walk with the walksticks...i now need to work hard in studies too...so i can find a suitable job and to do all these....i must leave this city...so the ghosts of past won't be able to haunt me anymore. But Before leaving....remember my words now...What happened with me....was not your fault stupid Cheeku...it wasn't in your hands....maybe it wasn't in my fate to become a cricketer. I accepted it the moment Doctors told me forget about running...i might not be able to walk properly in my legs anymore....so you should accept it too!!"

"But...but what about me Rohan!! What I'm going to do now!!! 1 month ago...i had 2 bestfriends....and now...i don't have anyone!! How I'm going to live like this???"

Virat said, while wiping his tears. Rohan smiled.

"I can assure you that this won't last for long Virat. I believe you're eventually going to find a friend....who'll be more like a family to you....without whom...you can't imagine your life...you both will be inseparable....you'll see...you'll meet someone....who'll erase all the bad memories from your mind....so you can only remember the good ones....You'll be so happy that....you won't even find time to remember this friend of yours!!!"

Virat shook his head.

"No...I'm not going to make another bestfriend. Especially not a person, who's name starts with R!! 'R' named people are the worst ones, who leaves your side....so i don't want any other bestfriend in my life....especially not one whose name starts with 'R'!!!"

Rohan laughed.

"You can't change what's written in your destiny Virat....but i can assure you one thing!! This is a new beginning of both of our lives. So try to cherish these moments....work hard and be the best of the bests....win matches for india....Make friends and don't worry even you won't find any cricketer bestfriend....just remember that this half cricketer bestie of yours is still there for you....always and forever...."

"Promise???"

Virat asked tearfully. Rohan smiled and hugged his friend for a final time.

"Cheeku promise!!!"

♡♡♡

"Vishal!!! Beta....Please eat something!!! You've not eaten anything from yesterday morning. Skipping your meals isn't good for your body....please eat something!!"

Vishal's mother Mrs Kapoor said in a pleading tone, requesting Vishal to eat something. Vishal screamed furiously and tossed the food trey.

"I'm not going to eat anything, until we leave this cursed city Mom!!! Didn't i told you before??"

"But...but beta...it'll take at least 2 days....your dad's transfer application to Kolkata has already been approved...we even finalized the place we're going to stay and your new school too....then please...keep calm and eat something...by the end of tomorrow, we'll out of this city!!! I..i promise!!!"

Mrs Kapoor said in a fearful tone. She and her husband both knew their son was no less than the devil on this earth and they even knew what he's capable of doing. So they always feared him, never objecting his decisions. Nothing can stop Vishal, when he gets angry or wants something to himself. Cricket was the only thing, along with his friendship with Virat were the only things....which used to keep him calm....but now...with that gone for the rest of life....she's very worried about their future. What's going to happen with them.

Vishal gritted his teeth.

"Good for you!! Keep those foods with you....I'll eat whenever i want to....Now get lost and leave me alone!!!"

Mrs Kapoor nodded fearfully and left her son's room. Vishal closed his eyes in raw fury....remembering the time when he opened his eyes in the hospital and screamed out of fear and agony, when he couldn't be able to move his body. When he heard the Dr saying that he had a brain hemorrhage and now he won't be able to walk properly for the rest of his life...without the help of the crutchs....Which meant...his dream of becoming a fast bowler...is destroyed now. But what hurted him more that....the person, for whom he didn't hesitated doing a crime...his bestfriend....Virat never came to meet him or inquire about his condition again. Even after doing this with him...Virat never took responsibility or apologized for it!!! Instead...he declared everywhere that it was him...who tried to kill Rohan and now....he's a bloody criminal in everyone's eyes. After getting discharged from the hospital, he heard Rohan and his family left the city and Virat went to join the U19 team....he performed well in that series and now he's a part of indian squad touring Pakistan in next month too..It's been 2 months...still he didn't came to meet him....even for once.

After recovering, when he went to school yesterday...he faced so many humiliating tantrums and taunts from the other kids...some for his early threatenings...and some for his doing with Rohan....which initially is the reason why he decided to leave this city....not wanting to see anyone's face here anymore. He clenched his fists tightly....when he remembered what happend to him earlier when he was walking in the corridor alone and what those children said to him.

"Hey...look at that old man, walking with the sticks...wait...he's not a oldie, is he?? He's our dearest Vishal!! The aspiring fast bowler, huh?? But now with this condition...even a turtle will bowl faster than you Vishal!!!"

Ayush has said in a taunting voice making other children laugh.

"Oh...don't say anything to that poor boy Ayush...don't you know....he's the NeXt bIg tHiNg of Indian cricket??? Be careful....if you'll say something to him....he'll ban you from watching the matches you know!!!"

Neha had replied in a mocking tone, while laughing.

"Aww...what happened to you suddenly Mr future superstar of cricket, huh???? You're not saying anything to us....did you accidentally broke your tongue too?? Too bad....who'll threaten us to not be friends with Virat now, huh???"

Raj said with a smirk, while deliberately kicking his crutch...making him fall on ground.

"Guys...we shouldn't be this much cruel to him!! He's a human like us too!!!"

Kunal said in a sympathetic tone, while giving him his stick back.

"Oh come on...he deserves...every single thing...he's getting....Karma is a bitch you know!! He got what he did with Rohan...so..no need to feel bad about him!!"

Riya said with a sneer and threw a disgusted look at him, before going away.

Vishal screamed furiously and punched the wall...making a whole in it....while remembering all those shameful taunts by other children...he has to face in school....and wiping his tears silently...His eyes blazing with anger and hatred.

"It...it's all his fault. It's because of him...my dreams are now shattered. He...he destroyed it all...He...He's the reason of my miseries...he's the reason.....these kids dared to mock me...all because of him....he betrayed me...my friendship....I made a favor for him....because of me...he got selected in the u19 team...but instead of thanking me for it...he made me the Villian here!! He's.....the reason....my carrer as a fast bowler ended....everything's ruined now...all because of him...I'll never ever forget this betrayal Virat Prem Kohli...you've only seen my love for you....you've only seen the good side of me...now you'll see the worst side....you're going to see how deadly...my hatred can be....you think you're going to get rid of me?? For now yes....but I'll be back...I'll be back when you would almost forget me....I'll be back...when you'd become a popular cricketer...with a family...i can use to take revenge from you....i won't instantly kill you Virat....I'll make sure....that you'll die every second of your life....in guilt and shame...just like how today I'm dying....for now...enjoy your life...success...how much you want to....because when I'll be back in your life again....I'll make sure you won't be even able to stretch your face for a plain smile...That's the promise of your bestfriend Vishal Roy Kapoor to you....."

FLASHBACK ENDS:

So officially, this is the second longest chapter I've ever wrote(9890) after 'My bestfriend's brother' (9900)😮‍💨😮‍💨I'm tired now.

hey guys....😀so here's the second part of flashback🌝So basically....here's what happened 15 years ago🌝you'll get the present timeline in the next chapter. I'm trying to publish that ASAP...until read it and Do like and comment if you liked it. 😛

Ok So now do tell me what do you think about this whole flashback??

Did Virat do the right thing?? Even if it was a mistake...do you think he deserves some punishment too??

So...What do you think....what's going to be Vishal's next move??

How will Rohit react...when he'll learn about Virat and Vishal's past??

Will Virat and Rohit be able to save themselves and their friendship from Vishal's plots???

Keep thinking...until i come back with the final chapter😛

Oh and here's a fact, no one asked for: Vishal is my male bestie's middle name and i named the Villian after him....cause i was mad on him for he went to eat ice cream without me and my bestie🤪😝Don't tell him about it😝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 3.7K 33
Story of two best friends who were always there for each other in their highs and lows ! Will their relation survive a tough challenge ? To know mo...
83.6K 4.8K 30
On Friendship Day 2019, amidst all the stupid rift rumours, Virat relives a decade of memories with his best friend, how it all began, and how it cou...
94.8K 6.5K 71
A lost and found fanfic but it involves ICT. Yuvi ,Mahi and Rohit are brothers - the stars of cricket. A bond like theirs is hard to come across bec...
27.2K 1.3K 12
~uncontrollable chaos together~ [[ no romantics, only platonic ]] Virat slung his arm around Rohit's as he looked at him lovingly, "come on babe" R...