❝ Photographs. ❞ | rokcale

By calebabvwvnn

❝ Polaroid of you writing in my room. ❞ Cale Henituse, a famous photographer, is falling in love with a... More

i. disclaimer and notes.
00
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
08
09
10
11
12
13

07

513 50 16
By calebabvwvnn

Chapter 07
Photograph : Salad and Unwell

    Something across the lines of overseeing a person's eating schedule isn't stalker behaviour, it's being a good sibling--or well, that's how Rosalyn Brandt sees it. Dragons know how little Cale eats, and even Pen has way more handle and preservation on his schedule despite being a model himself.

That's why, she prepared a home cook meal! Well, not literally, it was made by one of the older maids who helped her since day one but still, she requested the food. That counts for something, right?

    "Noonim!" A silver gray-haired fourteen year old ran towards her just as her foot step inside the elevator. The woman blinks at the tall teen actor as she pressed the g button, "Oh? Lark! How are you?"

"I'm doing quite well!" Lark cheekily nudges her shoulder, "So~ how about you? And is that a lunch box I see? Who is it for?"

    Rosalyn hums thoughtfully, well, it wasn't so strange that Lark himself had noticed the lunch box. She usually dines in on restaurants, take outs or just simply dietary meals, and the one in her hands are full of calories - totally not suited for her image, at all.

    "Been thriving on my small break!" Rosalyn replied to the first question before mulling over the latter, her lips pressed in a thin line. Why did Lark phrased it as if she was sending this to a lover?

"And this lunch box is for Cale, I have been overlooking his eating schedule! It's quite a mess." Rosalyn briefly shares, her smile remains unchanging whilst the teen besides her blink in confusion.

    "So," Lark hesitantly continued his words, "It's true?" Lark saw the article regarding about the two redheads and their dating 'scandal'.

    Knowing Rosalyn for a period of time ever since then, he thought she would be grumbling about being in such a ridiculous thing and swore to never be in a relationship--not whatever this was. And the fact that she seems so informal with just being casually calling the apparently member of the sovereign like that.

    Although he was also in the small little party that was surrounded by the Korean actor, Lee Soo Hyuk. He had minimally seen a few moments with them together but it was usually rare, the only time that he really got intrigued was when it was lunch time and the two of them were in their own world, sometimes, the older woman would suddenly shove a mouthful of rice to Cale Henituse's mouth.

    With Rosalyn being busy fussing over personal matters than scrolling through the unlikeable social media, she did not know about her current circumstance.

    "True? What is?" Rosalyn's brows furrowed in confusion, but there's also an uncomfortable feeling creeping up her neck.

Lark blinks twice before re-evaluating his thoughts, okay- so it's indeed more plausible that they're just friends. "Oh-, the media caught the both of you during the small party whilst the both of you were waiting near Bloom Hall. Everyone now thinks you're dating, and one of this is the 'evidence' or as they call it."

    Pardon?

    The young boy scratched his cheek meekly, "I guess it's your new scandal of the year..."

    Ex-cuse me??

    Rosalyn blankly stares at the wrapped lunch box in her hand. The cold feeling strangled her neck. Oh. So that's what's making her uncomfortable. The red-haired actress sighs and just shook her head.

    "Never mind. When can ever the media think about our relationship just being platonic? This is like the Alver situation all over again." The woman weeps in her mind but on the outside, she looks ready to rally all over the place with those fiery-lit eyes.

    Lark simply barks out an uncertain laugh. "Well~ you both have to clear it up if you don't want anymore misunderstanding. I think it's best you mention the problem with Cale-ssi, too."

   Rosalyn nods briefly, "I should. I'm about to go to his studio anyway."

    It's been a few hours since the shooting, and it was now in the middle of the day. It was time for lunch, but Cale Henituse couldn't eat yet with how much he is doing. After Yu Junghyeok's promotions, he's going to shoot a few pictures for Han Sooyoung's movie, False Act II with her new actors for it.

The fans have been raving about it all over the media since there are lots of famous actors in it like Lee Kiyoung, Joo Ho-Shik and Frederick Ejellan. It was about to be the antagonist of the year for the raging fans.

    Cale was about to say goodbye to the three Koreans when a loud noise rang through the studio. The four men all look towards the door only to be met with a woman with red hair and fashionable clothes. Oh, and a bag on her hand.

    The red-headed male mutely stares as Rosalyn excused herself from them before starting a conversation, clearly just giving a smile as an acknowledgement to the others.

    "Cale! Have you finished your work yet? I did a miscalculation, thinking I was right on you going to eat but then I remembered that you missed your lunch for the past weeks. Ah, right. Here! Have this lunchbox, eat when you finish the shooting!" Rosalyn taps his arm lightly. She was about to turn around when she met eyes with a familiar man.

    Oh? What's Kim Rok Soo doing here? Wait- doesn't he look the same as that chi... Rosalyn blinks multiple times then glanced towards the photographer who was busy intently staring at the food in his hand. Huh? Did she already miss the drama? Or is it starting yet?

    Mulling over everything, Rosalyn decides that she'll let this play out. "Rok Soo! How are you? I didn't think I'd meet you here again."

    The black-haired Korean bobbed his head as a greeting before responding, "...great. I'd be staying here for a few weeks at best."

    Rosalyn nods her head in understanding, this was a normal occurrence. Kim Rok Soo, despite just being a writer of a few movies, moved around like an idol due to crazy signing books and a few interviews that revolved around the world. Thinking about it, Kim Rok Soo is quite popular in the entertainment industry whilst being so anonymous. It's a blessing to even be a friend or get a glimpse of him. Oh- and did he say for a few weeks?

    "Oh! I see... actually, Cale, didn't you say you'd be off to Seoul the start of the next month?" The actress asked towards the redhead who blinked out of his inner crisis.

    "Huh? Ah- yes. Why mention? And oh Ileyri, put this in my office." Cale gave the box to a staff before turning to the others.

    "Wouldn't it be better if you and Rok Soo go along together?" Rosalyn suggests, a question mark appears in her head. "After all, the two of you seem to be in great conditions the last time we met them!"

Although, she seems to act so ignorant, nothing can stay away from her sharp eyes. She was seeing everything from the slight twitches of Cale's fingers, the small shuffle underneath Kim Dokja's feet, the unyielding stare from Yu Junghyeok and to Kim Rok Soo's twitching eye.

    The redheaded male turned his attention towards Kim Rok Soo with a glance before looking away again: "It'd be better if we were to have a say in our own terms, I'm pretty sure he would be a bit uncomfortable."

    The actress seemed to be displeased but let it be with a shake of her head, "Whatever you say. Ah, but do eat your lunch." And just like that, the woman went ahead and left.

    Cale sighs at the usual attitude but look towards his clients with an apologetic nod, "Sorry about that. Older sisters are as stubborn as they are whenever there is a personal matter happening."

    Kim Dokja was simply amused and waved of his hand as a way of not minding it. Having been able to relate since he has lots of friends that are way older than him and treat him like that.

    "Can we go now?" Yu Junghyeok impatiently asked. He wasn't even trying to conceal his impatience. The twitch in his brows were enough to say that he's tired.

    "Hm? Oh, yes!" Kim Dokja snapped back to reality and quickly pushed the younger man away whilst smiling at Cale as he bid his goodbyes. However, the older man noticed how Kim Rok Soo stayed rooted in his place.

"Rok Soo, aren't you coming?"

    "..."

    Cale pressed his lips as he stared at the matured face of a younger boy he once knew.

The deep furrow in his brows, those eyes that seem to held some words for him. If it weren't for the fact that he was a bit used to such stoicism, Cale wouldn't have been able to guess it but he did; Kim Rok Soo wishes to speak with him, personally.

    Deciding on what to do, Cale does the wrong thing.

    Invite Kim Rok Soo over, and probably fuck himself up in the worst ways possible.

    He's already hurting with this long-drawn and lingering feelings of his. And not to mention, the laws of this damn country he lives in. No way were people going to let it live down. And as a former member of the sovereign, it would practically drag his family down too considering how stubborn they are.

    Besides, it's not like his feelings ever mattered.

Having fallen in love with your childhood friend is the least thing you could ever feel shitty about. He has many reasons to feel shitty about, and falling in love is just the minimum of it.

    "Uh, is it okay if I borrow a few minutes with your friend?" Cale asks casually, but in truth, nervousness boils underneath his skin.

    The thirty year old seems to be in aghast but it quickly turned into a smile, it would've looked so sweet but for Kim Rok Soo; it was cunning and meticulous.

The glance sent to him was a sign of mockery: "Oh no. You can take all of his time for today. We only took him with us because he didn't have anything to do!"

    Kim Rok Soo stares at the other with betrayed eyes, he can't believe the audacity of this old man selling him out like that.

He should've did this on his own forte, he can't even retort anything because that squid swiftly left in a hurry, even Yu Junghyeok was suddenly confused by the sudden pace.

    Ahem.

    Kim Rok Soo turned his attention towards the shuffling redhead.

"Care to walk with me to the office? It seems like you wanted something?" Cale motioned with a dip of his head. Kim Rok Soo said no more and started to wall with him.

    The silence was challenging and tense, however, Cale Henituse was a bit tolerable of it. These type of situations were similar to the ones with his family, or acquaintances in general. Although, his problem still settles since this circumstance was different. There was no way out. Lying to Rok Soo seems... hard enough for him, but Cale had to either choose from here or never.

    Shortly, the both of them arrived at the front of his office. Cale easily twisted the doorknob as he walked, the other following him after.

    Turning to the other as he closed the door, he watched as Kim Rok Soo sit on the couch; still gazing at him with something indescribable.

Cale felt the anxiety starting to tickle his fingers, the jumpiness in his feet. The redhead felt like he was about to burst into a puddle of muddle.

     "So, what is it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 4.2K 25
[completed] Just a book of one shots. Requests are: temporarily opened >Completed< (These one shots were made when I first joined Wattpad, wh...
55.1K 3.4K 22
°•Lets meet again in our next life, kim rok soo•° ♡"The moon looks beautiful tonight"♡ 《Cale Henituse x Reader》 The abandoned princess and the ex-com...
24.4K 1.4K 10
Romance is not something that exists in Cale's dictionary. He has no time to do romance what with the upcoming war and doing whatever it takes to ach...
58K 1.7K 45
In which an awkward human being gets paired with their soulmate. Or when [(Y/n) (L/n) has joined the game!] --- "I'm Mr. Loverman. And I miss my love...