A Day In September - BTS Zomb...

By wethenaive

It was finally time for the earth to rid itself of the most toxic parasites to ever plague its soil: humans. ... More

WARNING ⚠️
Intro - Kuru βš•
1. The Bright Bleak
2: Phoebe
3: Projection
4: Violet Bloom
5: Just Shy of Bratty
6: Rain
7: Stuck
8: Rotting Flesh
9: Gone
10: Raccoons
11: Until the Very End
12: Merry-Go-Round
13: Unpredictable
14: Admitting Failure
15: Playing it Cool
16: Delusional
17: Life Goes On
18: Dead to You
19: Muse
20. Lost
21: Crusade
22. Good Soup
23: Sixth Sense
24. The Woman, the Myth, the Legend
25: Judgement Day
26: Ugly Duckling
27: Poison Ivy
28: Butthurt
29: The Locals
30: Board Games
31: Eat My Sh-
32: Get Ugly
34: Peace Offering
35: Calm After the Storm
36: Off the Leash
37: Fog
38: Not Worth It
39: Monks on a Mission
40: Lovesick Drunk
41: Ab Intra
42: Lost in the Game
43: Close at Heart
44: Men at Work
45: The Catalyst
46: The Big Parade and the Nuances of Adulthood
47: Not Your Typical House Maid
48: Pushed Aside
49: Burn Book
50: Let It Burn
51: Racing Hearts
52: Stained Reputation
53: The One You Need
54: Vanished
55: A Late Goodbye
56: Autumn Leaf
57: Last of Kin
58: Envy?
59: Polaroid
60 PT.1: Stranded
60 PT. 2: Lost at Sea
61: I Saw...Life

33: No Other Way

211 22 22
By wethenaive

TW: Reader discretion advised!

——

"He just wanted to help."

A distressed Jin cried as he writhed in pain. He could not be moved too much without causing pain, but the injury to his arm was far too severe to leave untreated. Namjoon required the help of all those around, attempting first to help Jin down the ladder by carefully placing him over his shoulder. He did so with only some yelps and grunts from Jin, who had begun to turn pale. He climbed down he ladder with ease, stepping on ground and gently putting Jin down as to not make the trip a lot more uncomfortable for him than it already was.

"I'm gonna puke," Jin gagged, inhaling sharp breaths as he leaned on Namjoon for support.

"You're gonna be fine. Just try to stay awake for me," Namjoon soothed, and Jimin couldn't imagine the strength it took to stay put together in times of crisis. When things got worse, Namjoon seemed to remain level-headed.

"I'm gonna have four of you stay here," Namjoon sternly spoke, huffing as he basically carried Jin hurriedly towards the back door, "If they try to come in again, use your guns. Our walls our sturdy enough to handle some freaks. Don't spare them. They know what they were getting themselves into."

"What do you mean four of us stay here? Where are you going?" Jimin asked, attempting to hold up Jin's other side but retracting at his groans of pain. Jimin grimaced at the blood that pooled on Jin's shirt, eyes trailing up the makeshift arrow plunged into his shoulder.

"She knows where they are. She's taking me there whether she wants to or not," Namjoon seethed, "This has all been over her."

Jimin let out an exasperated sigh as they made it back inside. Once at the infirmary, they came upon Taehyung, who had already set things out to start working on Jin's injury. Jin seemed to notice this, a tired smile twitching on his lips despite his watery eyes.

"Get him on the bed carefully," Taehyung demanded, "And leave him to me. Go do what you have to do." Taehyung lathered his hands in alcohol, the smell causing Jin to scrunch his nose. Once he was on the bed, Taehyung got to work. Jin seemed to grow increasingly upset.

"I tried to stop them," Jin looked into Namjoon's eyes, and the leader nodded sympathetically.

"You did what you could," Namjoon reassured.

Jin turned to Taehyung, his voice growing soft and helpless, "I tried. They just came out of nowhere and took him. He was just trying to help."

"I know. Shh. Lay on your good side for me," Taehyung gently guided in hushed voice.

Jimin followed Namjoon out, voice wavering with anxiety, "Please don't be so harsh. She's just as scared as we all are-"

Namjoon didn't spare him a glance, interrupting Jimin only by speeding up. His clenched jaw and taut shoulders said everything for him. His eyes would shift, and he seemed to have a lot on his mind, and so did Mara as she watched the lodge from afar.

"Everything is fine," Jungkook said aloud. Hoseok cursed under his breath in frustration, eyes meeting the back of Mara's head with a radiating fury.

"This is all because of you!" He accused, Jungkook throwing a glare at him. Hoseok was unfazed, instead pointing to her with an open hand.

"Is that what you bring to the table? Problems and crazy fucking people?!" He exclaimed, turning to Jungkook, "You too! Since you want to defend her so badly, go and fight her battles with her! Hell, turn yourself in to those people with her. Be my fucking guest," Hoseok stepped closer to Jungkook, face right in his and his voice dripping with venom, "When are you gonna face it? Some people just aren't worth saving."

Mara perked up when seeing Namjoon storm out of the lodge with Jimin on his heels, but she deflated when noticing their troubled expressions. Namjoon looked so cold with his scowl while Jimin's brows were pulled up in distress. She could already tell that things weren't good. She didn't expect what he would do and what she would hear when Namjoon got to the gate.

Namjoon's first move was to snatch the machete from her tight grasp, his heavily rising and falling chest indicating seeping anger as he then threw it off to the side. It fell with a muffled clang with dirt rising around it. Mara was startled, and she took steps back from the leader in apprehension.

"They took Yoongi," he snapped, staring directly at Mara. At his words, Mara's knees buckled, and she leaned on the wall for support, gaze falling to the ground. Jungkook's head slumped over and he sighed, running a hand through his hair. Hoseok seemed to freeze, eyes growing wide.

"We don't know if he's hurt but they did some damage to Jin. Taehyung is taking care of him but for now we're going to try and get Yoongi back," Namjoon reached out, taking Mara forcefully by her bicep and pulling her forward. His words were a punch to the gut, and she remained speechless.

Mara hissed as Namjoon said, "You're taking me there. I know you know where they are."

Mara wordlessly nodded, eyes welling up. At the sight of her glossy eyes, Namjoon seemed peeved. He brought her in closer, inspecting her eyes and clenching his jaw, "You have no right to cry."

Mara nodded once more, a hand landing on his wrist. Namjoon followed the arm up to Jimin's gaze, letting go at the disapproving shake of Jimin's head.

"Let go, man. It's not helping," Jimin whispered.

Namjoon pushed Mara away, looking up at Hoseok and yelling out, "Open the gate!" Hoseok began to pull it open, the first to exit out being Mara, followed by Jungkook and Jimin. Jungkook cautiously eyed Mara's silent figure as she sped-walked into the forest. Namjoon held his gun taut, eyes on the surrounding forest as they hurried through. Jimin caught up to Mara, breathing fast as he had already been running back and forth.

"Don't go too far from us," he whisper-yelled, growing annoyed at everyone's lack of acknowledgment for him and grabbing her forearm, stopping her in place and whipping her around.

"What is with everybody and treating me like a fucking ragdoll?!" Mara exclaimed, angry expression slightly faltering when facing Jimin. She hated yelling, she hated getting up in people's face, she hated being rude, but everyone around her was making anger bubble in the pit of her stomach. She was guilty and angry—an unpredictable combination.

Jimin didn't respond to her question, opting to glare at Mara. Mara looked away, unable to keep eye contact.

"We don't have time for this," Namjoon snapped.

Jimin glanced at Namjoon,  "Shut it," he muttered, his attention back on Mara.

"We're doing this together," Jimin began, voice stern and nothing like Mara had ever heard, "I swear to God, you always choose suicide over rational fucking thinking!" He exclaimed, catching Mara off-guard. Mara felt her face turn hot at everyone's stares, and she slightly turned away in embarrassment.

"I don't care if you think it's what's best. I don't care! If we can get Yoongi back without sacrificing someone, that would be great," Jimin sarcastically spoke, "I lost you once. I'm not losing you again," he turned back to Namjoon, "You keep blaming her for something she can't control. It makes her want to do stupid shit to make up for it!"

"You say it like I have any other choice," Mara softly muttered, gaining everyone's attention again. Jimin waited for her to continue, his glare not as intense.

"The only way to get Yoongi back is to give them what they want. Not forever, not indefinitely but just enough for you to have him back safely," Mara explained, sighing at the quiet shake of Jimin's head. He continued to shake his head as she spoke, completely refusing to listen.

"Fighting them could lead to more blood on my hands. I can't take this anymore. I don't want to be at fault for them hurting someone else," Mara argued, "Just exchange me for him." Namjoon seemed to be growing impatient. Jungkook quietly watched Mara.

"What about when you escape? Then what? You'll come back and the cycle starts over again!" Jimin lashed out, his own eyes growing glossy. Mara stared at the ground in thought, and the realization hit like a ton of bricks.

"I....won't come back. I'll go somewhere else. Just for now," she somberly muttered.

"It's like it goes in one ear and out the other with you!" Jimin exclaimed.

"What else do you suggest?! That you go in there and just start killing everybody?!" Mara incredulously cried out. Namjoon and Jungkook shared a glance, Mara noticing this and her frown faltering.

"You would do that?" She asked, her eyes meeting Jungkook's. He shrugged, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"If we had to. And in this case we should. It doesn't make it any easier-"

"You wouldn't hesitate?" Mara asked in shock.

"Look at what they've done, Mara," Jungkook insisted, "If they're as cruel as you say they are, do they really deserve mercy?"

"Sounds to me like they had it coming," Namjoon interjected, growing restless by the minute and finally breaking the silence that ensued.

"There's no time for this. We go in there and take down whoever is in the way. We're far beyond making amends," Namjoon commanded, everyone else nodding in agreement and all three following close. Mara acquiesced, sighing before catching up to the others. She didn't want to get left behind and she was supposed to be leading. Before they could get any farther, Namjoon halted in place. He turned back and stared down at Mara, jaw clenching and unclenching. He gripped his gun before reaching into his waistband. Mara blinked down at what he had stretched out before her, her stomach twisting into knots. Mara gave him a wary glance, unsure of whether to take it or not. Namjoon shoved it into her hand, sharp gaze flickering elsewhere.

"You'll need it," he muttered.

Mara gripped the Bowie knife in her hand, exposing the knife before gently putting it back inside its leather sheath. Mara nodded, hiding under the leg of her jeans and in her boot. Her heart was pounding, she'd never felt so anxious.

"We don't have much time. God knows what they could be doing to him," Mara hurried, getting ahead of everyone to lead the way once more. Mara stopped several trees away from the cave, opting to go a stealthier path that didn't give away their proxitmity just yet. Jungkook and Jimin split to one side, leaving Namjoon and Mara alone as they both snuck to the other. Mara couldn't feel her body, it felt numb and in distress. She could feel the pressure from the leader bearing on her shoulders—she could feel it from everyone.

"I swear to God, you always choose suicide over rational fucking thinking!"

Before they could round the corner, the two quickly ducked back against the wall of the cave. Two savages stood at the entrance, keeping guard against whoever came by. They were ready for the consequences, and they had been planning for weeks on their approach. Because their first victim broke free, they were left to make a bolder approach, and the distraction was all they needed. Mara knew that silence from them was no good.

The two bulky guards firmly held bows and arrows, stern gazes sweeping the forest for any movement. Mara wondered how many people they had recruited into their cult-like group—there were more than she had originally thought. Their weapons weren't nearly as powerful as Namjoon's, but if they weren't careful, the savages could surely do some damage.

Namjoon and Mara looked to each other, and the leader leaned in close to whisper, "Act like you're going to turn yourself in," he said, "You work from the inside and we'll be ready for you when come out."

Mara nodded, gulping with nervousness as she exposed herself to the savages. She came out slowly but surely, and she took a deep shuddering breath.
The savages at the foot of the cave were quick to place her in the sights, wary to any sudden movement from her. The girl raised her hands, a sign of surrender under leering eyes.

Jimin cursed under his breath at the sight of Mara. He was not pleased to see her go against their agreement. Jungkook gestured to the other side of the cave, where Namjoon peeked through at them. Namjoon nodded.

"It's part of the plan," Jungkook whispered, causing Jimin to roll his eyes.

"Of course it would be."

"I give up! Take me. Take me instead of him," Mara muttered, words sour as they passed her lips. They didn't sound right coming from her. Though the last thing she wanted to do was give up, she knew she would have to do it for now, at least until Yoongi was in safer hands.

The two savages shared a look, turning back to her with scowls.

"Kneel!"

Mara followed their commands hesitantly and forcing herself to comply every step of the way. There was a scared voice within her that told her to run, but she couldn't turn her back on everyone—not now, not like others had done to her.

It wasn't long before the savages came closer, pushing her to the ground and holding her wrists in death grips, dragging her across the grass through the cave. Mara gasped, looking everywhere for a last comforting look from Jimin, but only finding Namjoon's frowning face as he watched from afar. Wooden doors slammed shut behind her, completely blocking out the view of outside.

The stairs didn't feel so good a second time, not when being dragged the whole way down wobbly, splintered wood planks. Mara wondered how the stairs had lasted so long without collapsing, but that was the least of her concerns. Upon entering the cave, she was met with the horrid smell, the crawling humidity and the dull candle lighting that had plagued her nightmares. Mara couldn't believe she had willingly submitted to them. After running away, she had hoped to never see the atrocities of hell itself, where there was no god, no forgiveness, no mercy. Nothing but a cult with a skewed sense of divinity—of reality—holding a decrepit pervert at the position of power like he was the barbarous god himself when he was more so the devil itself than anything else.

The guards held no regard for Mara as the finally reached the rocky floor of the cave, dragging her even deeper in through narrow hallways. Mara watched the sun rays poking through the wooden doors disappear as they rounded a corner. Once they halted, they picked her up by the hair, her yelp turning into a huff as they threw her forward. Mara dreaded turning around, especially when hearing the gasps and murmurs coming from behind her. There was a silence ensuing, one in which Mara slowly turned, her eyes shifting between several gaunt faces and piercing gazes.

She finally met Yoongi's gaze, and she watched his face sadden, eyes losing the light that had already been fading. He was tied to an upright makeshift cross, his bare chest exposed and left only in his jeans. Tied around his mouth was a cloth, preventing him from making too much noise. Lilith stepped forward, coming closer to Mara and revealing the puppet master himself. Despite his emaciated figure, Mara feared the pure look of evil in his eyes. There was no telling what that man had done, or was planning to do.

Lilith bore a smirk, one that angered Mara. Her dark eyes were intimidating as they leered over Mara's body, her intent unknown as she looked up to the guards and nodded her head in a particular direction.

"We exalt our seraph today," she began darkly, "As he has never once failed us. His promise is to us, and his goodness and grace will lead us to victory every. single. time. It is because of him that their people have acquiesced and returned what is rightfully ours. They know the power and strength of our seraph and see themselves as mere ants in our path," Lilith preached, the band of blind and brainless followers howling and hooting in celebration. Mara glared at Lilith, who had retreated from the spotlight to offer it to their leader. The woman approached Mara, crouching down and holding Mara's face in her hands. Mara drew back, but Lilith's forceful hands pulled her back.

"You will know what living in paradise is like," Lilith whispered, eyes crinkling and smile deceiving, "And your desire to leave will cease to exist."

"Fuck you," Mara whispered.

"Now, a lady cannot be speaking such a foul language," Lilith scolded, "Not in this temple."

"Fuck. You."

Lilith grabbed Mara by the hair, "Listen here you little whore. You either have some respect or I cut your tongue out and feed it to you," She seethed. Mara remained silent, afraid to further piss her off to the point of taking it out on Yoongi. The girl bit her tongue instead of having it cut off, and Lilith seemed pleased. She stepped back, lip twitching in distaste. 

"Good girl," she muttered.

The rope was painfully tight around her wrists as she was bound to a similar post, her knees kicked from behind her to force Mara into a kneel. She had only been here for a short while and yet she already felt a deep itch under her skin. The girl avoided the lustful gazes of men and women, their bodies slightly hunched and chests rising and falling as if in a pant. Those people resembled hungry animals with the way they stared at her; she was disgusted.

Mara racked through her brain for ways to get both of them out alive and unscathed, but it seemed as though the leader had other plans.

He stood before his people, raising his hand to hush them. Her disquietude only worsened merely at a glance of him, merely at the thought of him. To think that they had watched her for quite some time brewed utter dread from the girl. Her fate had unwillingly been decided by a man farther from sanity than anyone she had ever met. That alone wouldn't have been too frightening, but it was his entourage of equally insane—devout—followers that made it all the more nightmarish, all the more severe.

"What is meant to be ours, will always find a way to us," he turned to Mara, eyes eerily lingering on her. Mara didn't meet his gaze, but she could feel it on her. Shivers ran down her back and her breath shuddered.

"Just like any one of us, she and the boy will go through initiation!" He declared, the cave filling with the echoes of rowdy savages. Mara's eyes blew wide, her head snapping to Lilith, who held her by the hair in place. Lilith smirked down at her, "It'll be quick and easy," she whispered.

"Let him go," Mara emphatically spoke. She looked over at Yoongi, who seemed to be staring into space with a vacant look on his face. He was in the same position as her, but he held no fervor.

"We chose him for a reason, Mara. We don't take what doesn't belong to us," Lilith chuckled.

Mara's breathing grew ragged at the realization that neither of them would be let go. It had been a trap, one they knew she would and had stupidly fallen for. She had fallen right into their palms with the naive idea that everything would go back to being okay without an ounce of bloodshed. Fury bubbled in Mara's stomach, and the girl glared in contempt at Lilith, who seemed too distracted on the leader to notice her death stare.

This isn't fair.

This is not. fair.

"They drink from the chalice of sacrifice and submit to the gospel of the seraph. Then they will be marked with the breath of angry embers," the seraph nodded, stepping forward and taking his seat on his throne, eyes now focusing on his muses that sat before him, almost like a show to be put on. Mara yelped when Lilith pulled her hair back, eyes blown wide when noticing the silver cup in her hands. Mara tried to stand up, having had enough. However, help came for Lilith as she was pinned down flat on her back, two feet coming to hold her legs down as she writhed. Thoughts raced in Mara's head, and upon looking at Yoongi, she was met with his helpless gaze.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

I was supposed to die.

I should be dead.

"The more you fight it, the worse it'll get," Lilith snapped. Mara wanted to cry, and god knows she was starting to tear up but in the darkness of the cave only the fear on her face was visible. They spoke in euphemisms she knew nothing about, and everything was happening so quickly, giving her no time to think of how to escape. For the first time, Mara wished that Namjoon and Jimin and Jungkook would come bursting in to murder each and every single person. And that thought alone was scary to her. The last thing Mara wanted to lose aside from the people she loved was her humanity.

Mara leaned her head away from the cup Lilith had brought near her face. She could smell something rancid swirling inside, and she could only guess what they had chosen for them to drink.

"I'm not drinking it!" Mara shouted, still fighting to break from their hold. She was met with no other way out when one of the men came to aid, holding her head straight up.

"Please!" Mara begged, lips trembling, "Please just let us go!" Mara looked into Lilith's eyes, but all she saw was apathy.

Mara couldnt have prepared for the absolutely revolting taste that entered her mouth. Through pursed lips a viscous, dark and thick liquid was shoved into her mouth, her tongue first lathered by a burning sensation before the foul taste hit her. Mara gagged, coughing out the liquid only for more to be shoved in as soon as she opened her mouth. The smell, the taste, was nauseating, and the girl to retched off to the side once her hair had been let go.

"Good girl," Lilith whispered.

Tears rushed down Mara's face. She had never once tasted something so repulsive. She could hear Yoongi from where they had laid him, his coughs and sputtering making Mara's guilt grow.

"Enjoy every last bit. The blood of the seraph is holy," Lilith seethed into her ear, causing Mara to close her eyes momentarily, her skin crawling and her body stilling. Mara heard hissing, her eyes hesitantly opening. Mara wiggled around, still feeling the Bowie knife in her boot just where she'd left it.

Mara's eyes met the fire that burned in the fireplace, a metal rod sticking out from the pit. In her eyes was the reflection of the flames that endlessly burned, dancing along to the taunting rhythms of torture. A tear left her glossy eyes, silently traveling down her cheek as one of the men approached the fire, cloth on his hand as he reached for the rod.

"Take her shirt off," Lilith commanded, monotone voice filling Mara with rage. Her hair was disheveled as two rough hands forcefully removed her shirt, leaving it to hang on her wrists. She looked over at the legion standing hungrily before her, and at their leader .

"A great bunch of pigs you are," Mara whispered.

The leader seemed pleased as he overlooked the initiations, the people around him beginning to chant and speak words Mara couldn't quite understand.

Mara looked back at the man that held the branding iron, the metal glowing bright orange. Mara recognized the symbol—how could she not? It had followed her everywhere, even in her dreams and it had wedged itself in the back of her mind like a painful grass burr. The symbol, once on her skin, would make her property. She would become the property of the man sitting smugly on his throne, awaiting the woman who was never his to begin with.

And Mara couldn't help think that this was just so unfair.

Mara let out a shriek of agony. The hiss of skin melting under scalding iron was loud, but nothing was louder than her yells of absolute torment at the feeling on her upper right back, just behind her shoulder. Mara fell in a heap to the ground, writhing and gasping for the air that had been pulled from her lungs. Tears incessantly left her eyes as she huffed and hiccuped, almost choking on her own saliva. The veins at her neck noticeably protruded, an angry red tinting her entire body. Mara felt hot, she felt as if she were burning from inside and out. Her skin bubbled, the smell of burnt flesh making Mara gag. Every minute movement brought about an intolerable sting, so the girl lay limp.

Mara's first regained breath came out as a wretched sob.

She cried on the grimy floor, surrounded by shouts that cheered on for her torture.

Yoongi's lips trembled as he, too, cried, whimpers leaving his mouth. He watched Mara suffer, utterly horrified by what he had just witnessed. He whispered muffled prayers to himself, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Pain is a gift," Lilith whispered, crouching over Mara and petting her hair softly, "Cherish your mark. With this symbol, you belong to us. But there is still one more thing you must do to be one of us."

Mara shook her head helplessly, "Please," she cried, hiccuping, "I'm begging you."

"You won't understand today, but one day you will," Lilith lamented, and Mara heard the pain in her words. This display of sympathy only made the girl all the more miserable.

"I don't want to," Mara whispered as she was then untied and dragged away, taken behind some curtains that had been set up at the farthest back of the cave. Yoongi watched them take her with wide eyes, his gaze shifting frantically as he was left alone with everyone else. He shook his head several times, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Your turn."

It was dark outside, but beyond the curtains of a separate area was another candle, only illuminating one corner of the room and plunging the rest into darkness. Mara was left there alone, where she laid silently on the ground awaiting whatever came next.

No other way out.

Mara pushed herself to the farthest corner, grunting at the pain in her back but bearing it as much as she could. She remained silent, feeling all too tired out to move. As morbid as it sounded, Mara hadn't heard Yoongi shout in pain, and she cherished the silence, hoping it would stay that way until she pulled herself together.

Mara slid her hand down into her boot, feeling the knife straight away. Before she could take it out, the curtains opened up, pushed aside by two boney hands.

In came the leader, his eyes traveling to her. They were clouded with lascivious intent as they ogled her. In the flicker of the candle his face morphed into another, one that Mara was too familiar with—one that marked her past with heartbreak and powerlessness. She felt disgust, fury, guilt, misery, and every single word akin to it.

He came closer, "Just like every other woman here, you have to prove that you are worthy."

Shouts from outside caught Mara's attention, but considering that they had earlier been chanting, the girl tried to remain focused. She couldn't cry, especially not because she knew that their chants meant it was Yoongi's turn.

The leaders grotesque insinuations made Mara's skin crawl, and she pinched and scratched at her skin, wishing to harm him now more than ever. The leader drew closer, his words sinking in. Mara may have been weakened at that moment, but the child in her refused to let him have his way with her. Mara felt her hand shake, the implication making her nauseous. If she didn't do something in that moment, her future and that of Yoongi's would be in severe jeopardy.

Mara flinched when Yoongi's scream echoed down the hallways of the cave. It was a cacophony of despair, and in her anguish the girl's fingers hovered over the knife, finally coming to terms with what she had to do. Perhaps it was far too late, but she could stop it all before it was truly irreversible.

The chanting became shouts and screams, confusing Mara. They didn't seem to die down, but Yoongi could no longer be heard. Mara felt her blood run cold.

The leaders eyes lingered on her hand, and he slightly tilted his head. He had regrettably caught on, his brows furrowing into a menacing scowl. But before he could make a move, the curtains were once again slid open, this time harshly.

To Mara's shock, two freaks sauntered in, catching sight of the leader. Their milky eyes were instantly trained on him, the leader gasping and crying out in fear. His eyes were blown wide, as were Mara's. The girl whimpered as she stood up, Bowie knife in hand. The freaks snarled and gargled, hands outstretched towards their next meal.

Mara was caught off guard when the savage threw himself onto her, having a surprisingly strong grip on her forearms. His fear of the dead was ironic, but the girl couldn't focus too much on that when he then pushed her towards the freaks, bringing her dangerously close to their snapping jaws. Mara shrieked, pushing back onto the leader and swinging him back around. The savage let out a haunting howl, which then turned into a scream of agony as the freaks sank their teeth into him, gnawing at his neck and tearing at his flesh. The sound of bones crunching and the squelch of flesh was horrendous, and Mara's breathing hastened as she was left to fend for herself. The leader begged for help, wide eyed as he was eaten alive right in front of her. Blood pooled on the ground, splattering everywhere as the freaks tore his limbs from their sockets, digging their nails into his stomach to fish out his intestines.

Despite his pleads for mercy, he was left to rot as Mara slipped out of the room, unnoticed by the feasting freaks.

Such was his demise—a well deserved one.

—-

wethenaive

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53 1 12
When the dead started rising, Y/n, an ex military, found herself protecting her friend Sarah who knows nothing of survival. As they travel from town...
51.5K 2.2K 23
(Zombie AU) "I'm obviously dead; I've been mauled to death by that guy and this is heaven" "I fall back on my butt a scream stuck in my throat as the...
4.4K 168 19
A zombie apocalypse in the school. . . . . Can you, Jung Sae-yeong stay alive? Ships: Yoongi x Reader Taekook Namjin Jihope ‼️Warning ‼️ Contains A g...