Texas Time!

By hellllllnah

(Sequel to Tiny Texas Time) Texas is all grown up now!!!! I know! I cried too!!!! More

Welcome!
Awwww
Strikeout
:>
Its about to get messy
Ok, Ok
Action and Reaction
New and Odd
Not Yet
This Chapter is a lot and I'm Tired
Chillin
Oh sh-
Talk it out
That one L word
'No Promises'
Oh damn
TEX-MEX
Wooo
Short
Summer Timmmmmeeee
High School
Narc
Homecoming
Obvious
*cue music* AAAAATTTTT LAAAAAAAST MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
Ew cooties
California Time!
Fashion. Also Love.
Growing Up
Even Newer Normal
Long and Emotional
Whiskey
The Finale

Q&A

197 7 28
By hellllllnah

yay

first question is from A_Legit_Fetus

How did the states that the kids were named after die?

TW, because it was sad, sad ways.

Deaths are never really happy, but since the states and countries are incapable of dying naturally, they could only really go tragically.

Texas died by suicide, because unfortunately, there is a societal precedent that expressing and coping with your emotions is for women. That is one of the main reasons why Texas never really interacted with many states, because they missed their friend

California was never actually confirmed to be dead, but she disappeared without a trace, and the police couldn't locate her. She left a vague note behind, indicating she wouldn't come back, but nobody knew if this implied suicide or running far away and living on her own without the stress of Hollywood weighing her down. Many states hoped that no matter what happened, Cali is now finally at peace and happy.

Nevada died in the hospital after a car crash one night when she had a bit too much fun. Her last words were to New Mexico and Arizona; "Don't worry, I had a good time till' the end... promise to crash that thing again for me - sober though, so you live long enough to crash it again,"

Utah was just an unfortunate accident, he went out peacefully in the hospital with plenty of friends around. His last words were "We'll see who was right... only when the next one joins me," (In reference to religion. He smiled as he went, believing he was headed to heaven's door)

Arizona got alcohol poisoning. Nobody was around when he died, however he was found peacefully cuddled up with a small stuffed animal, with a note that read "Sorry NM, had the last bit of tequila with a few of your modelos too - don't wake me too early tomorrow. I don't feel too good so I just want to sleep in,"

New Mexico is still alive, but still was ok with MJ sharing a name with him, because he loved Arizona like a brother. He wanted to let Arizona Jr. and MJ grow up together like he had with Arizona, and he sometimes hangs out with them. They refer to him as their tío.

(Next questions from Oliveleafwing)

How do countryhumans die? Do they get sick and die, got killed, or just die because plot convenience?

As indicated above, or by how Prairie died, the immortals can get killed by outside forces, or illnesses they bring upon themselves (through alcohol, drugs, unhealthy habits, etc.). However, they cannot die of old age.

(Next from ValTheMonke)

1: Does Cali prefer Disney land or Disney world?

California: Honestly? I've never been to either, but I do love Disney films. Maybe one day we can have a sibling trip down to earth, so we can go to both and see which we like more! Of course, If dads ok with itAmerica: The earth is awful and full of humans who are even more awful... but maybe one day

2: Has Texas ever been to any of the six flags in Texas?

Texas: Not yet, but if dad lets us go to Disneyland or Disneyland, maybe we can go to some of the Six Flags in my state too!

3: Has MJ watched breaking bad yet?

MJ: Drugs are icky and so are bald people and chemistry, so no

4: Does Nevada know that over half of her land technically isn't rlly hers (most of it is federal land)?

Nevada: Those puny a** f*cking b*tches, how dare they

MJ: ITS THE ALIENS SIS, YOU GOT AREA 51 AND YOU DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE USING YOUR LAND TO HIDE THE ALIENS?!

Nevada: >:0 F*CKING BASTARDS!!!!!

Arizona: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Utah: UggggghhhhhhhHHHHHHHH I HATE MY LIFE! GET ME OUT OF THIS HELL!!!!

MJ: We love u too bro :>

5: Is Utah still a little book worm? If so, what's his favorite book?

Utah: Yep, and my favorite book.... hmmm, I don't know, I enjoy a lot of the things I read. I mean, I never bother myself with a book that makes me more and more annoyed the more I read. I try to give everything a chance, but usually I put down what I don't enjoy. I did enjoy Catcher In The Rye initially, however I stopped reading it because it made me far, far too sad.

Nevada: why?

Utah: I would imagine it was Texas who was in the situation the main character was in... Although I knew Texas was fine, he had just moved away from home when I started reading it... I really missed him, and was worried he was as miserable as the main character in Catcher In The Rye, and it made me sad. The books I most enjoy put me in the shoes of someone else, in a situation I've never been in, yet somehow still relate to. It's interesting that we as humans can relate to anything, even with characters who are going through something we never would. Like Harry Potter living in a closet... surely MJ may relate to being there.

MJ: IM NOT GAY

Arizona: JOIN ME ON THE DARK SIDE, BROTHER

*MJ shrieks as Arizona chases him around the house with a rainbow nerf gun*

Utah: But yeah, long story short, I basically love anything that I've read all the way through

6: Has Colorado recreated that iconic a$$ vine yet?

Colorado: IM A GIRAFFE

7: Does Arizona prefer heat or cold?

Arizona: I have a way better heat tolerance than cold tolerance, but oh my god, COLD IS SO COOL!!!!!!! AND SOMETIMES DURING THE WINTER THERE IS WHITE SH*T EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! But I also get so fricken cold so quick and it's kinda annoying, because I wanna frolic through snow, but holding it in my palms makes my hands hurt, and I get all shivery and stuff.

8: Who's Mexicos favorite artist?

Mexico: I admire all kinds of artists, and their styles. Many people say my work is comparable to the works of Frida Kahlo, so maybe her? I usually get enamored with the art itself before the artist, so I'm never too sure

9: Is America a pyromaniac when July fourth rolls around?

America: no, no, I use fire responsibly, and only use miniature fireworks that can be put out if something were to go awry

Mexico: surrrreeeeeeeee, after the kids were born at least... buuuuuuuut before that? Total pyromaniac

America: I never did anything illegal that has gotten caught by the authorities... when it comes to fire :)

(educateddummy came in with a police interrogation amount of questions so uhhh)

For Ame + Mex:

What was your most cherished memory with Texas?

America: for as difficult as he was, everything he did was so goddamn adorable and I couldn't pick one thing even if I tried

Mexico: I had a bad imposter syndrome when Texas was younger... I loved him so much, but was scared he thought I lacked as a father. However, those moments where Texas showed me pure, unconditional love and respect... all those memories give me unending amounts of happiness.

Texas: :D

Do you miss having Texas around all the time?

America: I miss having him close by, yes, but we get together often, and he calls me every morning as I'm driving home from running the kiddos to school. I miss when he was a baby most though, he was so sweet

Texas: am I not still sweet?

Mexico: you are, but you're also old

Texas: YOU AND DAD ARE IN YOUR HUNDREDS!!

America: *laughing* we're just kidding, you are still the sweetest. But c'mon, admit it, you were a pretty cute kid

Texas: Hah, yeah, I guess I was

Did you slap Hollywood?? Pls tell me u did

America: no! That's unprofessional, I would never! Mexico did though

Mexico: With the chancla!!!

What made you two decide on having Texas?

Mexico: we were both getting kind of... well, not tired of each other, just the repetition of our day to day lives... wake up, have breakfast, leave for work and not see each other again until that night, eat dinner, sleep.... We wanted something new. Francesco was young at the time, and America acted very fatherly towards him, and that's when I started thinking about having a kid of our own

America: we were hesitant to look for options at first. We knew we could just adopt, but Mex wanted our child to have a bit of our families in his blood, but it's not like either of us could've gotten pregnant. Mexico started talking to his father about it, and then randomly I get a text from Chile that basically said "I will birth your baby,".... WHICH WAS A PRETTY F*CKIN AWKWARD TEXT TO RECEIVE FROM MY SISTER-IN-LAW, ESPECIALLY SINCE I DIDNT KNOW SHE KNEW ME AND MEX WERE LOOKING INTO HAVING CHILDREN.

Mexico: *laughing* once we clarified everything, Chile surrogated, and all was good

What made you two decide on having the quad squad?

Mexico: Cali was struggling to bond with Texas like she used to, and I just remembered how excited Texas was to meet her when she was a newborn... so, we talked to her about if she'd want a little brother or sister. Me and Ame kinda wanted at least one more child anyway...

America: And um... a few unforeseen circumstances later, we received four of the most chaotic, adorable, lovable, sweet little goofballs in the world

Who is your favorite child?

America: Tito

*offended noises from all of America and Mexicos children*

Tito: HAH I WIN

Texas: BABE WHAT THE HELL YOU WERENT SUPPOSED TO REPLACE ME

Tito: THIS WAS ALL JUST A PART OF MY VILLAINOUS SCHEME TO RUIN YOUR LIFE!!! 22 YEARS IN THE MAKING, IVE FINALLY DONE IT!! BOW BEFORE YOUR NEMESIS, COWBOY!

*Tito and Texas start cracking up, because inside jokes amiright?*

Are you expecting grandchildren?

Mexico: :0 I DIDNT EVEN CONSIDER THAT AS A POSSIBILITY?! OH MY GOSH WE CAN BE GRANDPARENTS ONE DAY!!!

America: NO BABY-MAKING UNTIL YOUR IN YOUR THIRTIES!!!

Texas: haha! I've bent the rules! Both me and Tito cannot get pregnant! AND I LIVE IN MY OWN HOUSE SO HAH!

America: >:0

*fighting noises*

Mexico: ok, ok, that's enough fooling around. I'm not expecting any grandchildren, however I think that'd be lovely

America: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOURE NOT A VIRGIN?!!

Texas: *rebellious cowboy noises*

Is it weird knowing your baby is all grown up?

America: YEAH NOW THAT I KNOW HES NOT A VIRGIN-

Texas: DAD SHUT THE HELL UP OH MY GOD STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

America: YOU HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO YOUNG MAN-

Texas: DAD IM LITERALLY 27

America: AND IM 245, YOU ARE A BABY

Texas: *intense cowboy hissing*

I kinda got the vibe that Britain and Spain like each other. Thoughts?

America: wait what?!

Mexico: shhhhh, our fathers have been through a lot... I think it's ok at this point, they both need each other, and I'm pretty confident they aren't calling themselves any kind of couple. They just care about one another, and aren't trying to let us know, so... I just want to let them be

For Grandparents:

How is France doing? Did her dementia progress to memory loss or does she still have it?

France: I may be slow to kick you, but I'll never forget why I did!!

Britain: in other words, she's doing just fine

Spain and Britain, Do you like each other? If so, have you told France?

Spain: oh god... we don't talk about it, nor do we do... 'romantic' things... but I know if I need him he'll be there for me, and that's ok, because that's what friends do, even when they love eachother more than that

Britain: we don't ever commit anything that could be considered and act of adultering, but I still feel guilty... I love France more than anything, and I love Spain too... I never tell her anything. She just knows we care deeply about each other, that's all

If France knows, what's her opinion?

France: *laughing* they think I do not know, I have a gay son and had a gayer father... I know my husband isn't straight as a Baguette, he's a fruity little croissant. And I know Britain loves me too, and won't betray me. I don't have issue with him being a devoted friend to the man he loves, because he's a doting husband to me. He always has been.

Spain, what ever happened to pebbles the cat?!?

Spain: I got him neutered a while back, and took him in... he didn't like that he was neutered. So... he found some stray kittens and kept them as his babies... he died a little while after Texas left for college- he lived soooo long..... now, I have Rocky and Roadie, the kittens he took in.

For PJ:

Have you moved on from Tex? If so, with who?

PJ: oh love, the whole 'Texas' thing was during my dumb-toxically-edgy puberty phase... once I got to college, I really had to work on my social skills, and started acting with my head rather than thinking with my heart... and there's not another guy just yet, but I'll find someone someday. Right now, I wanna work on myself to make sure my future husband gets to fall in love with the best version of me!

For Nekomi:

Did you become the goddess of sports?

Nekomi: yep! But I settled down a bit since I got pregnant

Sunny: I'm thinkin of naming her Athena

Nekomi: Cali and the baby will get along with the whole 'woman warrior' aspect of their names then 😌

For Holly:

Did you and Lynn hit it off?

Lynn: Well, let's see, we share a nice studio apartment, with one master bedroom, with one queen sized bed, and co-parents of three cats...

Holly: yeah, it's just a silly little platonic girly thing

For Bruno:

How's life?

Bruno: still don't quite have it all sorted out, but I'm happy, got good money, and am having a good time, so it's great! Plus, a true con-man never rests... I accidentally got a group of girls to think I'm a real physic because of some bar bet when I was suuuuuper drunk... so I started learning the trade and now they give me money every so often to read their future. I dunno if that counts as a con-job buuut... it also doesn't count as not a con-job

For Cali:

Do you like your new level of fame?

California: oh god yes, I can share my art with fans who appreciate it for what it is, and not just because I'm pretty. Plus, I actually get to have a personal life that is very frequently undisturbed by my musical career

did you ever end up listening to the previous Californias cassette/CD? (I forgot lol)

California: I have, with Nate. I cried and cried the whole way through as he held me, but it was freeing in a way... It was like all weight was lifted off my shoulders. We keep it in a display box in our room. I hope Cali is happy now too

How's married life? Does Tex still get on you and Nate's case?

California: Texas now does it jokingly, and he and Nate are like brothers at this point.

For the Kiddos:

What are you guy's hobbies?

Nevada: mostly art and music I guess... I just chill

Arizona: me and MJ love all of the same things, especially arts and sports... buuuut there could only be one leader of the arts club, and one quarterback on the American football team, so MJ took Football and I took art

MJ: it's kinda awkward, because the jocks are always picking on the art nerds, and the art nerds like being passive aggressive towards the jocks. But I would literally sell all of my organs before I am mean to my brother in a non-joking way, so the second my football buds step outa line... well...

*Arizona and MJ both crack their knuckles*

Arizona: we politely tell the to stop, and sometimes do our individual activities together to show our friends it's ok to like both sports and art

Utah: I like reading and unmonitored off-roading in ATVs

Do you all get along?

Utah & Nevada: haha, N-

MJ & Arizona: NEVER APART, FRIENDS TO THE END FROM THE START, ALL SHARE ONE HEART, WHICH RHYMES WITH FART-

Nevada: SHUT UP

MJ: N E V E R !

Who's your favorite big sibling, Cali or Texas?

Utah: It is unfair to expect an answer when you ask a question of comparison between two entities who hold infinite value to the people who you expect an answer from

MJ: that was nerd for "we love them both equally because Texas will kill a guy for us and Cali will help hide the body,"

Career paths?

MJ: I want to have people pay me to go to chilis with them

Utah: ... what...? What does that mean?

MJ: people pay me to go to chilis with them

Nevada: ... anyway, I wanna be a bartender, because it's entertaining and they get good money in tips

Utah: I'm not sure yet

Arizona: I'd pay to go to chilis with people

Nevada: I don't understand you, you f*cking weirdos

Ari & MJ: :>

Life goals?

MJ: chilis

Utah: a good education

Nevada: so much money

Arizona: I want to do something good

Utah: that's it?

Arizona: what, is your little doctorate gonna be more helpful than me funding every childrens hospital in this world? I'll get there one day!!!

Utah: ok, ok, I won't doubt you

For Francesco:

How's life? I think I remember Tito saying you have a wife and kid, so how's that?

Francesco: My daughter is a bit of a handful, but she's a joy! I want to be the best father I can

For Tito:

I love you infinitely and I hope you and Texas are enjoying your life together

Tito: we are! I'm happier than ever!

Do you think you'd want kids anytime soon?

Tito: not quite yet, maybe sometime in the future! Texas said we'll talk more about it when we're in our mid-thirties

How's your relationship with Francesco? Is everything repaired?

Tito: Mhm, he's like a best friend to me now. I can trust him with anything

Do fights still break out in your family/with you and PJ?

Tito: PJ is cool now, and we hang out a lot. With my family, we're all aggressive in a loving way, and no major fights break out anymore

For Anthony:

What happened to you?? You disappeared and I thought u were cool

Anthony: I make frequent earth visits to try and combat global warming, for my mom and dads sake.

For PR:

Is it weird to see the obnoxious five year old cowboy you used to rescue all the time, now grow into a fully functioning adult?

PR: I'm not even lying right now, I cried when Texas showed me his new house and engagement ring, I was so f*cking proud

Texas: and I cried when he cried, because I love him like a brother, even if I annoyed the hell outa him

For Canada:

Do you and Cali still have a close relationship?

Canada: we hang out all the time, like a couple of best friends

Does she refer to you as mom or aunt?

Canada: she uses both interchangeably

Do you want kids of your own?

Canada: maybe one day, but I'm too busy with work right now. I dunno if I'll get remarried now, but we'll see!

For Chile:

Do you and Texas talk much?

Chile: we live a bit far from each other, but we try to keep in touch! Cali and Canada relate to each other a lot easier than me and Texas, but we do care about each other! And I love seeing how far he's come!

For Texas:

Are you a brony???

Texas: I am a victim of my environment

Arizona: you act as if we forced you to watch MLP, and not the other way around-

Texas: SHHHHHHHHH

Did you actually give up your position after Prairies death?

Texas: Mhm, I don't wanna talk about it

How are you feeling in regards to that anyway? (May he Rest In Peace)

Texas: doing better, still feels like a knife to the chest

Do you still hang out with your deputies/college roommates? Assuming you no longer work alongside them.

Texas: Mhm, but especially Lynn, since she and Holly are so f*ckin gay and Holly is my sister in law cause our little siblings are married. We're a 💕family💕

Are you considering other career paths *cough* cowboy *cough* since you own a farm?

Texas: I am considering the cowboy life, but I kinda wanna keep the farm as me and Tito's place... if I were to make a living off of it, I'd hire workers, expand the property, find a place to store and sell the commodities... I think I'll consider a different path, and keep the farm to myself like abuelo did.

Do you hang out with your family often? How about Tito's?

Texas: we usually throw huge family get-togethers, so we all see each other then. But I visit my family when I have the chance, and Italy visits us a lot on the weekends.

If I remember correctly about Francesco being a dad, do you and Tito usually babysit your nephew/niece?

Texas: Yep! But unfortunately Francesco is usually around to make sure me and Tito aren't being bad influences... so... BOOOORING! I taught her how to ride a horse though!

Do you speak Italian since you live with one?

Texas: I speak it with a Latino-Spanish accent that I cannot seem to shake, and Tito finds adorable. But he very cutely speaks Spanish with an Italian accent so we're even

How do you and Tito get along?

Texas: we get along great, like always! We are starting to settle in with constantly being around each other, giving each other space when needed, affection, compromise... Tito is way better at voicing his needs and managing emotions, and he's way more emotionally mature than I'll ever be, and he helps me a lot. So things are going smooth

Are you happy in your awesome farm house?

Texas: I get a happy attack every time I look out my window to the beautiful scenery

Can I go to the wedding??

Texas: I don't know who you are but I'm sure you can sneak in

If you ever saw your uncle who beat you, and knew it was him, what would you do?

Texas: ummmmmm

Tito: murder

Texas: bby no-

Tito: nothing gets in the way of an angry Italian man with a knife. I will defend u bby

Do you miss your youth?

Texas: yes, because no taxes, and people gave me praise for being stupid

TEXAS JR??? WILL U BE A PAPA??? WILL TITO MAGICALLY GET A BABY IN HIS TUMMY?!!!!/j

Texas: haha, I'm not sure yet... maybe when I'm a bit older. I definitely want to wait until I know what I want to continue pursuing... probably something still in law enforcement, but something less life threatening this time. I want my future kiddos to have a good dad with a secure job and high life expectancy.

If you could tell your past self one thing, what would it be?

Texas: it's an absolute sh*t storm out there kid, always remember to be kind, and never be ashamed to take care of yourself. Also whiskey tastes gross, only drink it if Grampa is taking you out for a drink because that's the only time you'll look forward to drinking it.

And finally, for Parker:

How much of this story did you have pre-planned?

I woke up one day, and realized TTT was a thing i had posted at 3 at night. So, I went from there. A lot of TTT was planned after I had written the first five chapters, and then this book was planned as I wrote TTT.

Were there any ideas you scrapped because there wasn't enough time/they didn't work out?

Actually, Texas and Tito were going to adopt a kid in this book, but it was kinda already the length I wanted it to be and I didn't want to drag the story on longer than I needed too. I also was planning on writing more with Anthony, the horsies, and the quad squad, but I just couldn't fit it in without losing the plot of Texas growing up into a big brave boy.

The stuff with Tito felt super natural and built up, was he always intended to be the 'love interest' of sorts?

PJ was actually supposed to be the 'love interest' of sorts. Originally, they were gonna be the two kids who have a crush on each other in a cute kiddish kinda way, and it just keeps on developing as they get older and they just stick together. However, Texas and Tito's dynamic was way more adorable, so I went that route instead.

Did you write TTT with the intention of writing a sequel, or did that come along later?

I just wrote TTT to be a smol lil thing, but as I wrote it more I considered having a special 'epilogue' chapter at the end of TTT, that eventually developed into this book.

Will we get a prequel where Texas is a baby called Tiniest Texas Time? Or will that stuff be in the new book?

That does sound cute, but nah, all prequel, sequel, and special content will be in the new book. I think I'll call it "Tiny Texas Tales"

How proud are you of this book versus NAG?

We don't talk about NAG

How's the horsies? Did they live to a good age? Are some of them still alive and kickin?

Angel lived to 30, before becoming a real Angel in horsey heaven. April, her boyfriend, and horsey babies are still alive and living on Texas and Tito's farm.

Who was your favorite character to write other than Texas?

Tito, hands down, he was adorable. Also Cali, especially when she was a baby. And Bruno, because yes. Also Mexico, because yay. And Britain. And Spain. And the kiddos, especially Utah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 413 19
Every state is granted a special power upon joining the American nation. This power is a part of them, a fragment of their very soul, and they have t...
314K 11.7K 32
Gulf loves Mew... Mew loves Art... But does Art love Mew? Will Gulf's love remain unrequited? Read the story to find out... *This story will include...
9.5K 223 8
A sequel to 'Way Back' [also known as the huge mess Charlie has made]. What if the right person comes at the worst possible time? Would you fix your...
97.2K 3.3K 35
[Completed] It's the start of summer and you were more than happy to finally get out of your school and have careless long summer days. But when you...