Rishton Ka Manjha - MaAn

By PranjaulJhaveri

Anupama is devasted by the betrayal of Vanraj and Kavya. She picks up herself again for her kids and her fami... More

| ๐™„๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™ค๐™™๐™ช๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ|
๐™„| ๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฎ๐™–๐™ก|
๐™„๐™„ |๐˜ฝ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ ๐™š๐™ฃ|
๐™„๐™„๐™„ |๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ค๐™จ|
๐™„๐™‘ |๐™Ž๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™จ|
๐™‘๐™„ |๐™ˆ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ง๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ค๐™› ๐™๐™ง๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ |
๐™‘๐™„๐™„ |๐˜ผ๐™›๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ |
๐™‘๐™„๐™„๐™„ | ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ง๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™Ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฅ|
๐™„๐™“ | ๐™‡๐™š๐™–๐™ฅ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™๐™–๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ |
๐™“ | ๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ|
๐™“๐™„ |๐™€๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™˜ ๐™๐™š๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ|
๐™“๐™„๐™„ |๐™๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐˜ฝ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ |
๐™“๐™„๐™„๐™„ | ๐™Ž๐™–๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง|
๐™“๐™„๐™‘ |๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ˆ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ|
๐™“๐™‘|๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š- ๐˜ผ-๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š |
๐™“๐™‘๐™„ | ๐™๐™๐™š ๐˜ฟ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ง|
๐™“๐™‘๐™„๐™„ | ๐˜ผ ๐™๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™๐™š๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ |
๐™“๐™‘๐™„๐™„๐™„ | ๐˜ฟ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™ ๐™‹๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ |
๐™“๐™„๐™“ | ๐™๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ|
๐™“๐™“ | ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ|
๐™“๐™“๐™„ | ๐˜ผ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ |

๐™‘ |๐˜พ๐™ง๐™ค๐™จ๐™จ๐™ง๐™ค๐™–๐™™๐™จ|

1.1K 46 11
By PranjaulJhaveri

Bodakdev, Ahmedabad

Everyone in the Shah Household had woken up to absolute tranquility. A silence that indicated the calm before the chaos. The atmosphere was giving in different kinds of vibes that caused the family members to shudder with fear. It had an element of restlessness. The household looked dull as the regular hustle and bustle was missing. It was like as if someone had sucked the life out of the house. The dynamics had changed with Anupama to be found nowhere, but the gravity and in what manner it was to alter the relationships was something the Shah household was yet to see. It was difficult for everyone to pinpoint the foreboding catastrophe for they were still processing the last night's nightmare. Destiny was in no mood to be benevolent when they received Devika's disturbing phone call that had further escalated the anxiety. Though it brought relief to the elderly couple to some extent, Samar had rushed out in lieu of seeing his mother for his satisfaction when they learned that she was running a high temperature. Samar was gone in a flash even before Vanraj or someone else could stop him. Vanraj had felt the alarm bells ringing but when had he worked with composure taking into consideration the circumstances? He could see the downward spiral but his quest to have it all under his control was driving him rash and impulsive so he shut off his inner conscience. Thus, he concocted a deceiving web of sugar-coated lies to his parents and family alike. 

However, Baa was irked by the fact that Anupama had chosen to stay put at Devika's house. She despised her for Devika is a divorcee and her nature is outgoing and outspoken, who often led Anupama astray thereby neglecting the household. It somehow created discord in her heart for Baa had a mindset that reflected society's social conditioning.  Though the relationship that she shared with Anupama was typical, there was a difference. The resentment and bitterness apart from occasional bouts of love was evident. The feelings that aroused as per the situations and circumstances. It was like as if being dependent on Anupama had become her habit. On the other hand, Bapuji had been taken by surprise as Anupama had taken such a big decision then the reason might be bigger and he decided to ask out Vanraj because he knew his son well including his anger which made him lose his rationality often.

Sindhu Bhavan Marg, Ahmedabad

Devika's Nilaya

Devika had a sleepless night. It was excruciating for her as the lifeless face of her best friend haunted her. The pain and suffering of Anu had her heart. A pure soul like her did deserve something better but that would only be possible when she would learn to live for herself. A habit that Anupama had long forgotten. The crisis in her best friend's life was a pain that she had once gone through when her marriage fell apart years back. However, the situations were different for the kids involved in Anupama's life. It was a precarious situation and it had caused raging conflict within her. She would definitely discuss this with Anupama once her health gets better. She was lost in her thoughts when the bell rang. A look at the clock and she wondered who would it be and that too at this time. She opened the door only to find Samar at her doorstep. She was eternally grateful for this boy who was nothing less than a miracle in this sham of a marriage.  A complete mumma's boy who had acknowledged Anupama's sacrifices and had known her worth. He cherished her, valued her, and showered love through gestures like bringing her clothes. She took him to the room where Anupama was resting.

A look at his mother and a tear rolled down his eye. He slowly walked out of the room unable to bear the sight. Devika followed him out to console him. Samar said meekly," Devika Maasi, I'll stay here till she gets well. However, it is beyond my understanding as to what has transpired for mummy to go in shock, as she is someone who works tirelessly rather than falling weak. The matter is something else that is being concealed by dad." Devika was worried about his reaction when he would find the bitter truth about his father for he had always been protective when it came to Anupama. "Samar, sometimes making choices is difficult but choice being right or wrong is something that only time will tell. So make sure you choose carefully." Samar was bewildered as it was very rare for Devika to impart a piece of advice. It means the event had pushed her to an edge. Nevertheless, he nodded and said "Maasi, please get yourself some sleep. I am here to look after mummy. It has been a tiring day for you as well." with that he moved toward his mother's room. 

Anupama stirred in her sleep and with a raspy voice uttered "water" waking up Samar from his nap. He rushed to her and made her drink the water. She drank water while he managed to check the fever. He sighed as the fever had reduced due to the effect of Paracetamol and mentally thanked Kanhaji for taking care of her. Soon, she slipped into a deep slumber only to wake up three hours later. Whilst she was asleep Paritosh and Paakhi did come to check on her along with her mother and her brother. The siblings left the premises citing work whereas the brother and mother duo left on Devika's persuasion for a reason known only to her. 

Anupama needed a sound space to arrive at a decision regarding her life. It had gone for a total toss and she was glad that she was fast asleep. It gave her some relief when Devika did not bring up the question immediately after lunch that she had half-heartedly. She found herself in a tough predicament because on one side it was family, especially the kids along with Baa and Bapuji, and on the other side, it was a marital relationship, a relationship of husband and wife. A relationship that was the underlying foundation on which the bond of the kids had flourished. She wondered "Why do only women have to face this situation? If a man wants to end a relationship he will do it by finding vague excuses. But does a woman have the liberty to do so?  No, society matters, and reputation matters. What does she get in return? Taunts. She becomes an outcast. Every step has hurdles for a woman.  He can even have an affair but who's to blame, it is the wife. The wife gets blamed for letting her husband loose.  It is really unfair to a woman. The relationship with his wife is just a mere relationship but for a wife, it is her world as she gets entangled in various relationships. She is a mother above all. She did not have the liberty to forsake all of her relationships along with responsibilities and duties. However, a man can leave the family and relationships, thereby doing as he pleases. The other concern was the dynamics of the father and children. It did matter to her that her kids respected their father, but then she thought, did Vanraj really deserve that respect? Respect is a virtue that has to be earned, but all Vanraj Shah had ever learnt was to control and there is a difference between care and control. It was a critical juncture for her as the family would fall apart and crumble after the announcement. She cared less about society but she also knew that her decision would have serious repercussions.

Anupama found herself at crossroads. It was a double-edged sword where in the end she would be the one who would be hurt the most. She sighed helplessly as she watched the hues of the sky turn orange and red almost about to set. The dilemma was beginning to give her a headache when Devika entered with two mugs of kadak adrak wali chai and handed over a mug to her. "I need answers from him then only I would be able to gain some clarity over the situation. So call him here tonight. We need to have a conversation. Devika, one more thing.." and she trailed off which was understood by Devika. "I'll take Samar with me for some help that I need." and assured her. Devika went ahead to call Vanraj directly. He was dismayed by the message anticipating the worst of the scenarios. "We are the choices that we make, Anupama. It is tough but it's time you learn to live for yourself keeping your self-respect above all. Sometimes it is best to let go. The family is his responsibility as well."
"I am different from him, Devika. Unlike him, I know the value of relationships but with kids in the equation it is all so complicated and messed up." Devika gave a proud smile and left her alone to ponder over her thoughts. Anupama would soon learn that respect and character go hand in hand.

Vanraj and Anupama stared at each other. Devika left the room giving them the much-needed privacy and had already sent Samar out to run some errands for the household. Devika decided to stay lest something goes wrong. There was an awkward silence around them which made Vanraj feel jittery and anxious about how was to he play his mind games convincingly. Anupama broke the stillness. "Why?" she asked in a firm voice. He stuttered "Well, Anu, What happened" when she cut him and said, "Anupama, My loved ones can only call me Anu." Vanraj began "Whatever you saw and the way you interpreted it or rather say misconstrued it has a lot of difference." Anupama raised her palm to stop and cited that she knew what had happened. She only wanted to know why did it happen? She further continued, "You might not have an answer for why, but you sure do have an answer to the questions that I am going to ask. Do you still love Kavya? Do you want to get married to her? " Vanraj was speechless. He heaved a sigh and said "Anu, Anupama, I'll explain to you everything." and held her shoulders to make her sit when she pushed his hands away. She walked away to the other corner of the room and maintained the distance. "I was unconscious yesterday and now I have regained my senses. I can see through things clearly.", said Anupama looking at him. This side of Anupama scared Vanraj. He found it difficult to diffuse the situation which was yet to escalate, so he said "Anupama, whatever you saw was not the truth. Trust me."  That was the last straw for her. She was losing her string of patience with the show that this man was hell-bent on putting up. The audacity of this man had left her surprised. She expected an honest confession like he always claimed to be a truthful person, but here he was spewing more lies too blatantly.

She gave a mirthless smile and said, "Trust you, I have been doing that for the last twenty-five years. I blindly believed your words and understood you. I have always listened to you without questioning you. I have asked a question for the first time so I do need an answer." There was a finality in her voice. Vanraj raised his voice, irritated "You are behaving as if I have committed a grave sin and here I had a sleepless night being worried all about you despite of having back pain. Do you want me to plead, and apologize?"  This was the height of shamelessness. He was straight away denying the veracity of having an extramarital affair. He had tactfully shifted the blame on Kavya and went on to explain the circumstances that gave rise to a clandestine affair. He went on to say that he knows that he did make a mistake and now he is even apologizing for it. He also revealed that Paritosh was aware of everything. Had he really lost his balls, she wondered. She was so done with this man for he really had to be this callous. The habit of his to make other people scapegoat due to his shortcomings was now going beyond her tolerance. Such an important matter which involved her life was known to Paritosh and that made the ground slip beneath her feet. "If I had done such a thing would you forgive me ?" asked Anupama. The look on his face gave away the answer. "How can you expect me to forgive and forget as if it is a trivial thing?  If a husband seeks separation due to an unforgivable mistake then it is okay but a wife is expected to overlook such a matter. A simple sorry and the problem is over. Like really? Let me tell you one thing, Mr. Shah, till now you were a part of my existence, but now you have fallen so low that you lost your place in my heart.  It doesn't make a difference anymore."
Vanraj lost his composure and said "What will you do? Opt for a divorce?" The guts of this man. He was pushing her buttons now. "I know what am I going to do. To date, you have been taking major decisions related to the relationship but now I will take the decision. It will be solely mine for you have lost that right. Whatever the resolution it will be for me to decide."
Anupama took a pause and continued, "That phone call from your boss from the office on the day of the wedding or that song that you sang for me or the story that you just said to me was it the truth? The fact is that the things that I saw wherein you professed your love for Kavya and kissed her forehead was the truth as much as convincingly you lied to me." she finished with her voice faltering in the end. It rendered Vanraj dumbstruck. He had got his answer yet he hoped that it would be otherwise. He exited the house. She was clueless whether the affair had really ended or it was still on away from the prying eyes of the family.

Anupama fell with a thud on the floor. Her ears were still ringing with the name, "Paritosh". The firstborn. That day, there was a confrontation between the mother and son regarding the truth as Anupama did deserve to know such a vital issue that involved her life. She was happy that her firstborn was more like his father. He had his traits but she was so wrong. He was too naive and had easily agreed to the reality that had been diplomatically minced by his father. She was left speechless when she learned that they were planning to get married on the day of their anniversary.  The fact that Sanjay Bhai had tried to caution her and had known the whole fiasco along with Nandini had triggered her trauma again. 

Jhootha jag rain basera
Saancha dard mera
Mrig-trishna sa moh piya
Naata mera tera
Naina.. jo saanjhe khwab dekhte the
Naina.. bichad ke aaj ro diye hain yun

She sat on the floor with her head resting at the edge of the bed recollecting the golden memories. She held onto the family frame for strength whilst tears rolled down her face. She stayed awake all night. The lifeless eyes stared at oblivion. The sun's rays hit her face when Anupama gained her composure. The unkempt appearance was the representation of the broken pieces of her heart.

Kyun nirasha se hain
Aas haari huyi
Kyun sawaalon ka utha sa
Dil mein toofaan hain

The eyes were firm for they held a fire. The fire that Bapuji had seen long back. A choice had been made. Divorce it was. It was time that everyone knows the truth. She looked at the idol of Kanhaji and bowed in reverence. "Dhyaan Rakhjo", her heart whispered. 

Sweet and loving. Kind-hearted. Mumma's boy. Anupama's Bakhuda. Anuj's Buddy Boy. Malvika and Devika's Sam. Baa and Bapuji's grandson. Vanraj's son. Paritosh and Pakhi's brother. Saveer's Bhai. Samaira's Sammy. Vikram's Partner. Introducing Paras Kalnawat as Samar Shah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 5.5K 18
This diary, bound in worn leather and filled with pages yellowed by time, holds the raw and unfiltered emotions of a soul weighed down by immense pai...
28.5K 2.4K 22
A tragedy happens. Haseena Malik forgets everyone-her mother, her Mpt family,her love and most importantly herself. She finds her new world in Ishq,t...
257K 15.7K 81
It is rare that life gives you a second chance. Rarer still that you believe it to be true. Anupama Joshi certainly didn't. Life had not been kind to...
336K 8.3K 43
The plot is a little different. Fanfic takes place after 2 months of Arnav and Khushi's remarriage. Anjali never loses her baby. what will happen whe...