My tempting mistake ✔ || book...

Af queensofsupreme

"TIME of death?" "2:38am" *********** Elijah Carson black the number ONE player! He doesn't care about love u... Mere

Prologue
- Cast -
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105.

Chapter 89.

751 62 9
Af queensofsupreme

Elijah's POV.

Annette's phone rang waking me up. She lied to me last night about not having her phone. 

Annette answered the call and I pretended to be sleeping. I wonder why anyone would call her so early in the morning. 

"Mom, just calm down." She said. "You know what, I will meet you in an hour and we will think of something. Love you Ma." 

Who are they conspiring against now? I will follow her today until I find out what she and her mother are hiding.

"Eli, wake up." Annette started shaking my shoulder. "Are you enjoying being handcuffed to me?" She asked. 

"No." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes. She didn't want to help me break free from her last night but now that her mother called her she doesn't want to be attached to me anymore. I wonder what is so important that she doesn't even want me to know.

"Let's find a way to break this handcuff." She said. "Or else you'll be stuck with me until Uncle Benjamin gives us the key."

"I tried to break it last night but I couldn't." I don't even feel like getting rid of these handcuffs. I want to follow her and find out what they are hiding from me. 

"Well, I think I can pick handcuffs so let's find a pin." She really is eager to leave.

"Look at the drawer next to you." I told her and she started searching. She found the pin and quickly uncuffed us. "Happy?" She asked.

"I would be happy if you were not in my house." I replied. 

"Umm, I have to visit my mother so is it fine if I fetch the kids along the way?" She asked.

"It depends." I said. "Why are you visiting your mother?" 

"Well, Meghan has been acting up again so I need to talk to her and since I didn't see my mother for so long, I just want to spend some time with her." She is fucking lying. Since when does she need to rush to go see her family because of her sister acting up?

"I guess you can go pick up the children but I--I was thinking of meeting Meghan this week so I will go with you." I know she won't agree but I will still go see Meghan so I can eavesdrop on her and her mother.

"Well, we kinda have a small family meeting so how about I text you when we are done and then you can see Meghan." Now I am determined to follow her to her house. 

"Okay." 

-  -  - - 

With the help of Meghan, I entered Annette's house through the window. She is my favorite person in this house after Uncle Marko. She's very honest, something Annette will never be.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I need to know what your sister is up to." I whispered. "She lied to me this morning and said she's coming here to talk to you 'cause you have been acting up."

"I can't believe she said that. Eli, she is in mother's room talking to her so I will go and talk to Annette now." Meghan said and I stopped her.

"I want to talk to her so can you please stay in this room." I asked and she rolled her eyes before agreeing to stay in her room. 

I left Meghan's room and tiptoed to her parent's room. 

"It's not a good idea mom." Annette said. 

"I don't have a choice." Anna replied. "I have already used every trick in the book. My dear, I asked Sofia to stop Marko from meeting me at the hospital last time, and then I gave Marko fake reports. Marko will figure that we have been lying to him."

"I know mom, but I also know how dad is. You know dad is amazing, he will forgive you if you just tell him the truth."

"Annette I can't. Your dad still didn't forgive me for hiding the fact I knew you were alive so I can't tell him this. At least not now."

"Why not?" She asked.

"I have been sick lately and I went to the hospital to get some tests down so until I get those results we can't tell Marko or anyone else about this."

"When do you think you will get the results?" Annette asked.

"They said today." Anna replied. "They'll deliver it so I won't leave this place today."

"So after the results, you promise you will tell dad the truth?"

"Annette, I am trying sweetheart. I swear I don't want to hide the truth from your father but I don't have a choice. I had to lie to keep the family together."

"But you can't lie about being pregnant forever." Annette said. "You will have to eventually tell him the truth."

Oh wow! These two are so sneaky. I could've never guessed they were lying to uncle Marko! Wow! Just wow. I mean, what did I expect? The apple doesn't fall from the tree!

"Elijah?" Uncle Marko said behind me. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing." I lied. "How long have you been standing there?"

"I just came in now." He said. "I came back for a file." He opened the door and Annette and Anna were sitting, pretending to look at old photos. "Oh, you two are in here."

"Why are you surprised?" Anna asked, with a fake smile.

"Well, no one told me we were having a family day." Marko said, taking the file.

"I was about to call you." I said. "But you showed up in time."

"Really? What's going on?" Uncle smiled. "Are you and Annette fighting over the twins?"

"No." I replied and Meghan entered the room. "You have great timing Megs." I smiled. "So uncle when is the baby due?" 

"Oh." Uncle Marko smiled. "I forgot to tell you we are expecting. I am sorry." I feel bad for him but it's better if he finds out the truth now. "Umm, we still have a few more months to go so maybe seven, six months later."

"Don't be sorry for not telling me." I am not one to tell people bad news but he deserves to know and I can't keep a secret. "Uncle, Aunt is not pregnant. She faked the whole thing!" 

"What?" Meghan snapped. "Eli I know you have a problem with Annette but you can't lie about my mother like that!" 

"Meghan, please be quiet." Uncle Marko said. "Eli, what did you just say?"

"Well, Annette and Aunt planned all this. She faked her pregnancy so you couldn't leave her. I am really sorry Uncle." I told him.

"Is it true?" Marko asked. 

"Dad, M--."

"I'm not talking to you, Annette!" Marko interrupted her. "I'm talking to your mother, Anna."

"I can explain." Aunt Anna said and Marko dropped the file.

"I can't believe it." He shook his head. "I never knew you would stoop so low."

"Marko I am so sorry but I swea---."

"Shut up!" He shouted. "I am so fucking tired of your lies." He cried. "I don't know how I fell in love with a woman like you." He shook his head. "You constantly lie. How could you even think about pretending to be pregnant?" 

"I wasn't thinking and I am sorry. I swear I was going to tell you soon." Aunt Anna cried. I feel bad for her but Uncle deserved to know.

"I am done. I am really done!" He ran out of the room. 

"Mom, how could you lie to dad about such a big thing?" Meghan asked.

"Meghan now is not the time." Annette said. 

"I have to go after him." Anna said and I stopped her.

"I'll go after him." I told her. 

I left the house and Uncle was nowhere to be seen. I am not in the mood to chase anyone but Uncle Marko is one of the best people I know. He has never lied to me nor hide anything from me so I will help him. 

I took my car and started driving slowly so I could look for him. I stopped my car the second I saw Uncle Marko on the floor. I rushed out of my car and ran to him. 

"Uncle." I said and he didn't respond. He just kept holding his chest so I picked him up and took him to my car. 

I took him to the nearest hospital. I hope he is fine. 

"Can you please fill in this?" The woman gave me a form. 

"Okay, thanks." I called Annette's number and she answered. "Can you come down to the hospital, it's an emergency."

"What happ---." I hung up on her and sent her my location. 

A while later, Annette and her whole family arrived at the hospital. 

"Where is Marko?" Anna asked. "Elijah, what happened to Marko?"

"I think he got a heart attack, I am sorry." I told her. 

"What?" Annette looked at me angry. "I know you hate me but don't say my dad got a heart attack just because you want to get back at me."

"Doctor."  Anna said. "How is my father?"

"Your father had a heart attack but he is fine now." The doctor said. "You can go see him if you like but don't stress him."

"Oh okay, thank you so much." Anna said and Annette grabbed my hand and dragged me outside. 

"What do you want?" I asked and she smacked you.

"You almost killed my father." She shouted, tears visible in her eyes. "Your hate for me made you such an ugly person! Elijah, you destroyed my family and now my dad, my dad is in hospital because of you." She shouted. "Are you happy now?"

"Happy?" I laughed. "You think Uncle Marko being in hospital would make me happy?"

"He is not your uncle because we are nothing to each other." Annette said. 

"Of course, we are not! You've always been dead to me since that day you died." I told her. 

"You are dead to me too Elijah." She shouted. "I am tired of chasing after you. Loving you was the biggest mistake of my life! I wish I had stayed dead because if I did you wouldn't get a chance to destroy my family." 

"I wish you stayed dead too." I said. 

"My biggest regret is thinking you could change, how can an evil person like you ever change?" She cried. "I am done with you, Elijah. I swear I will never forgive you for destroying my parent's marriage."

"I don't care!" I told her. "And stop with your fake tears, I am not going to fall for it."

"You don't ever need to fall for my fake tears anymore because you will never see them again." She wiped her tears. "From today onwards you are nothing to me. I swear I will stop loving you and I will never beg for your love again." She said. "I hate you!"

*Don't forget to vote comment and share please*

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

117 5 7
At 22 years old, Harper Wilder was sent by her father to spy at the company where the owner was said to be the cause of her mother's death when she w...
6.8K 341 32
Her eyes were blazing with fire, and i almost took a back step at the intensity. Then she said 3 words... "I hate you" "I hate u& i promise to make...
20.4K 777 44
A BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE TRILOGY Book two in step series. Meera and Elijah are on their honeymoon. She doesn't want to spend a second with him and he w...
26.8K 1K 58
Being the naturally born fat girl,her family decides to get her married to a handsome and dashing young man to raise her self esteem and to make her...