š•‹š•™š•– ā„š•–š•’š•£š•„ š•†š•— š•‹š•™š•–...

By PvrkAccioSan

š•­š–‘š–”š–”š–‰ š–˜š–œš–”š–—š–“ š–™š–” š–™š–š–Š š•±š–†š–Š š––š–šš–Šš–Šš–“ š•øš–†š–Šš–›š–Š, š–˜š–Žš–˜š–™š–Šš–— š–™š–” š–™š–š–Š š–‘š–Žš–”š–“. š•¬š–“š–‰ š–’ļæ½... More

ššƒšš‘ššŽ š™°šš›šš šš˜šš šš†šš˜šš›ššššœ
ššƒšš‘ššŽ š™æššŽšš›ššœššžššŠššœšš’šš˜šš— šš˜šš ššŠ šš‚šš šš˜šš›šš
š™²šš›šš’šš–ššŽššœ š™¾šš šš†šš‘ššŠšš'ššœ šššš’šššš‘šš
ššƒšš‘ššŽ šš†šš’šš•šš•ššœ šš˜šš š™»šš˜ššŸššŽ
š™° š™æšš˜šš ššŽšš› šš˜šš ššŠ š™³ššŽššŒššŠššššŽ
š™ŗšš—šš˜šš šš— š™°šš•šš• š™°šš•šš˜šš—šš
ššššŠššŒššŽ šššš˜ šššš‘ššŽ š™»šš’šš—ššŽ
š™° š™æšš˜šš ššŽšš›ššœ šš‚ššŠššŒšš›šš’šššš’ššŒššŽ
ššƒšš‘ššŽ šš„šš—ššŽšš”šš™ššŽššŒššššŽšš š™°šš›šš›šš’ššŸššŠšš•
šš†šš‘šš˜'ššœ šššš‘ššŽ š™»šš’ššŠšš› š™½šš˜šš 
š™æšš›šš˜ššššŽššŒšššš’šš˜šš— šš˜šš šššš‘ššŽ š™æšš›šš’ššššŽ
š™µššŠšš–šš’šš•šš¢ ššššŽššžšš—šš’šš˜šš—
ššƒšš‘ššŽ šš…šš˜šš  šš˜šš šš†ššŠššššŽšš›
ššƒšš‘šš’ššŽšš šš’šš— šššš‘ššŽ š™¼šš’ššœšš
ššƒšš‘ššŽ šš†šš’ššššŒšš‘ šš†šš‘šš˜ šš†ššŠššœ
ššƒšš‘ššŽ š™¶šš˜šš•ššššŽšš— š™³ššŽššŠšššš‘
š™° š™½šš’šššš‘šš šššš˜ ššššŽšš–ššŽšš–šš‹ššŽšš›
šš†šš‘šš˜ ššššžšš—ššœ ššŠ š™æšš›šš’ššššŽ
Fight of Claws and Daggers
Memory From The Ashes
Bridges Must Burn
Lies born from Truths.
Blackmail it shall be
The Cost of Loyalty
To Ignite the Kingdom of Ash
Song of the Seductress
The Plantation of Bombs
Souls be Damned
Hearts Be Sold
Day for the Dead

š™°šš›šš›šš’ššŸššŠšš• š™æššŠšš›ššŠššššŽ

1.1K 44 32
By PvrkAccioSan

"I liked your hair longer" Fenrys drawled, nor him or Gavriel so much as flinching when Rowan's dagger embedded into the wall beside his head. The resounding thud as it broke into the wood had Fenrys smiling wider.

It riled the other male up more when Fenrys continued to smirk, giving a quick amused glance to the dagger still vibrating from the sheer force that thumped it into the doorway,

Fenrys shot a quipped look and smirk at the Whitethorn, "Was your aim that shitty when you cut your own hair?"

A dark haired man was stood behind Rowan and both Gavriel and Fenrys could feel his magic stalking into the air of the room, prowling like a nimble feline figure, He was young, but his power was old. Fenrys could smell the magic pulsing in his veins, its presence pushing against their own power, a stroke of curiosity flourished through it, like the deadly curiosity of a cat.

"Rowan, put your blades down. We're not here for you" Gavriel said, directing a hand at Rowan, Fenrys' amused expression casted across to their old friend, if they could even call their relationship that, and smiled.

The man behind Rowan watched carefully, his eyes scanning and taking them in, the same way his magic was doing. Fenrys itched to make a retort about the man's magic but was cut short when Rolfe spoke from beside his desk, gloved hand rested on his desk. Gathering himself the attention of the four magic wielders.

"I take it you know each other"

The pair by the door stood in silence as Rowan shifted his weight on one foot, a hand still taught around the handle of his blades, "Gavriel and Fenrys used to...work with me"

Something unnerved in the dark haired man behind Rowan when their old friend turned to explain to him, 

"They are blood sworn to Maeve. As I used to be"

Rolfe was leaning further against his desk, some sort of fascination dancing in his sea-green eyes as he looked back and forth across the room, assessing each of the Fae warriors, weighing up their words, while running a hand through his hair, the glove moving aside, a peak of the rumoured ink marring his hands—the legendary map that was hidden there.

Fenrys was grinning once more when Rowan turned back to them, finally sheathing his weapons "What is you business with Rolfe?"

Gavriel tilted forward from beside him slightly, as though he was about to answer, but Rolfe took the liberty, waving a gloved hand in their direction, "They're bearers of the news I promised you— among other things"

Rowan's dark stare moved back to them, the muscles in his shoulders relaxing a small fraction, the air of magic in the room diminished as the young man behind him relaxed, it was appeasing to know they didn't see them as such a threat right now. The notion that, that could change had Fenrys biting down on a small laugh.

"We were just sitting down for lunch" he mused, tilting his head back slightly, "Shall we?" Feeling satisfied with the pissed off look on Whitethorn's face, Fenrys prowled from the room as Gavriel talked to Rowan,

He faintly heard the mention of 'King of Adarlan', the dark raven haired man with Rowan he realised, but that thought was abandoned when Gavriel said, voice raised slightly,

"You know how cranky Fenrys gets when he doesn't eat"

"I heard that" he yelled back as he continued on down to the bar, walking through the empty room to a table at the back, which Gavriel and him had vacated before as they sat down to eat. It was only a second later that the rest arrived at the table he waited at, bowls filled with steaming food in front of him.

Gavriel took a seat at his side, and hesitated a question while he pulled out a chair.

"Is..." Fenrys saw the look Gavriel shot at Rowan, a wary glance, as if he knew the mention of his question might set Rowan off, Fenrys swallowed, if only to wet his throat at the idea of what Rowan had done to cities much bigger then Skull's bay, what he might do if Gavriel didn't word his question correctly.

"Is Aelin Galathynius with you?"

Gavriel's words were like a knife through the air, Fenrys ate away from his bowl, eyes flicking between Gavriel and Rowan's expressionless face which gave no hint or reaction to the other male's words, from the corner of his eye Fenrys could see the young King of Adarlan looking to each of them, as if he didn't quite know where to look, fearful that glancing at anyone of them may get him sentenced to death.

Rowan gave a single shake of his head, "My Queen is not in our company" the silver haired Whitethorn wore a sour expression on his face that would have made Lorcan proud, Fenrys spooned some more food into his mouth, fighting a groan of satisfaction as the different flavoured melted into his taste buds.

Gavriel got up and dragged across a set of chairs for the two, ignoring Rolfe as he stayed a small distance away, by the banister. Head leant against the dark wood, the mild amusement etched onto his face had Fenrys looking at him twice before turning back to his meal.

Rowan sounded more then displeased when he asked, "Tell me whatever the hell this news is" he hadn't accepted the offer of seating from Gavriel as he still stood, the King of Adarlan by his side, no doubt following every one of Whitethorns actions,

Fenrys was shovelling the spoon into his mouth when he sensed Gavriel look to him, he met the older's stare but made a gesture for him to talk as he munched on the contents of the spoon. 

"Maeve's Armada sails for this continent"

Rowan's answering response was sharp, "Is that Bitch allying with Morath?" 

Fenrys' stomach plummeted at the name he called their queen, forgetting Rowan no longer had any ties to Maeve, he felt a part of his heart rupture at the envy that tugged in his chest, 

Rowan's head snapped to Rolfe, "Are you allying with her?"

Rolfe's eyes narrow at the accusation but made no comment as Gavriel leaned in closer, speaking, "No"

"I told you I want no part in this war" Rolfe now said, expression softening into one of boredom, shrugging he looked to each of them, the room was growing warmer with the heat of Rowan's magic, which he probably didn't realise he was even releasing.

"Maeve isn't the sort to share power" Gavriel continued, he had centuries over them all in age and had been one of Maeve's longest serving warriors, his words had made Fenrys stomach flip a little, Brielle had to be on a ship by now. or he hoped. Something old inside him twisted, a feral and primal thing clawing it's way to the surface at the thought of what he would do to Maeve if she harmed his mate.

"We got word that she was readying her Armada to leave— for Eyllwe"

The young king behind Rowan paled at the words, looking to each of them before stopping on Rowan, "Why Eyllwe? Is it be possible she could be sending aid?"

Rowan didn't answer the King's question as he folded his arms over his chest, rubbing a thumb into his lower lip, he froze before sending his former friends a hard stare, "You got word? from who?"

"Brielle" Gavriel said quickly, Rowan passed a look to Fenrys as the other male spoke, "I doubt she's sending aid to anyone at all— at least not where this continent is concerned. And again, we didn't get specific reasons for why"

Fenrys' hand twitched to reach for the letter that sat heavy inside his cloak pocket, after a heart beat and careful consideration he reached inside and pulled it from within, he felt as Rowan's eyes tracked his movement, they narrowed when he saw the parchment.

Fenrys held it out in front of him for the other male to take. Rowan hesitated for a second before stepping forward to take the letter, he unfolded it and began to read, the King leaned over his shoulder to read it but frowned unable to read the old Language written on the page.

"What does it say?" he asked Rowan, when he got no response Fenrys felt bad for him, but Whitethorn looked up from the letter, Fenrys didn't miss how Rowan's eyes lingered on the writing at the bottom of the page. Maeve knows.  Fenrys had no doubt Rowan knew exactly what that meant, but he didn't say anything about it as he folded the paper back up, dropping it onto the table.

"She always tells us" he frowned, Maeve had changed since the time of his blood oath, Rowan's gut twisted at what it might have been like for his old companions since he left, "She'd never contained information like that"

"Is there any possibility that she was wrong?" Dorian asked, warranting himself the attention of the three Fae Male, "The Seductress of the North I mean, I've heard stories but what if she was wrong about what she saw."

The feeling from before returned to Fenrys' chest, and as he felt the pressure build there he bit down on the growl that rose. Brielle hated that side of her reputation, for the Seductress was not her but rather in fact the blood oath that wielded her body into claiming that title.

"I would trust Brielle's word over any other" Rowan spoke softly to Dorian, the feeling in Fenrys chest began to whither away at the mention of her real name, Rowan may have resented them all but he trusted Brielle and that was enough for him.

Rowan turned back to them, acknowledging the small nod Gavriel sent his way, a hidden message in the gesture, Rowan return it, but continued with the conversation, "Maeve cannot believe she can conquer Eyllwe — at least not for any extended period of time, not without drawing all her armies here and leaving her realm undefended"

"Again" Fenrys drawled, "We don't know details, We only told him" he jerked his head towards Rolfe he hadn't moved from his place by the banister "as a courtesy warning— among other things"

The air around them snapped as Rowan spun on the man rested by the stairs, "I need to dispatch messages. Immediately"

Rolfe shifted his shoulder against the banister so he could study the leather of his gloves, "Why bother? Won't the recipient arrive soon enough?"

"What?" Fenrys and Gavriel both froze at the calmness of Rowan's tone, he had used that voice before and the person it had been directed at didn't last more then five minutes after he spoke.

Rolfe was smiling now, gleaming advantages in his expression, "Rumour has it Aelin Galathynius destroyed General Narrok and his Lieutenants over in Wendlyn. And that she accomplished this with a Fae Prince at her side. Impressive"

It was becoming harder to focus with Rowan's magic in the air, cold and calculated like a winter breeze blowing in over the peak of a snow tipped mountain "And your point is, Captain?"

"I just wish to know whether Her Majesty, Queen of Fire, expects a grand parade when she arrives"

Fenrys and Gavriel both looked back to Rowan now, watching his expression carefully as he said, "Again, She's not coming here."

Rolfe scoffed, and eyebrow raising into his hairline, "Oh? You mean to tell me that her lover goes to rescue the King of Adarlan, and instead of taking him North, he brings him here — and it doesn't somehow mean I'm to soon play host to her?"

Fenrys was smirking, when Rowan shot him a dark glare, oh Lover  was it now? Fenrys was still smirking, amused, when Rowan turned back to Rolfe to continue to defend himself and his reasons for being in Skulls Bay, "She asked me to bring King Dorian to persuade you to join our cause. But as you have no interest in any agenda but you own, it seems our trip was wasted. So we have no further use for you at this table, especially if you're incapable of dispatching messengers." he paused a gesture to the stairs behind the Pirate Lord, "you're dismissed"

Fenrys couldn't hold back the laugh that erupted from him, but he felt as Gavriel straightened in his seat beside him, Rolfe hissed out his reply, spitting it as though it was venom, "I don't care who you are and what power you wield. You don't give me orders in my territory"

Rowan's response was quick, "You'd better get used to taking them, For if Morath wins this war, they will not be content to let you flounce about these islands, pretending to be king they will lock you out of every port and river, deny you trade with cities that you have come to depend upon. Who shall your buyers be when there are none left to purchase your goods? I doubt Maeve will bother— or remember you"

"if these islands are sacked, we will sail to others— and others. The seas are my haven—upon the waves, we will always be free"

"I'd hardly call squatting in your tavern in fear of Valg Assassins free"

The noise of leather creasing from Rolfe gloves, as he curled and uncurled his fist, he turned his gaze to Fenrys and Gavriel, "We will meet here tomorrow at eleven"

He turned around once more to face the white haired Whitethorn, "Send however many damn messages you want. You may stay until your queen arrives, which I have no doubt she will. At that time I will see what the legendary Aelin Galathynius has to say for herself. Until then, get the hell out "— he nodded back to Gavriel and Fenrys, both met his stare head on, 

"You can talk to the Princes at their own damn lodgings"

Rolfe finally moved from his position at the bottom of the stairs, his shoulder rigid with anger as he stalked for the door throwing it open, he revealed four roguish men, no doubt those left of his crew, each were soaked from the rain, hair dripping.  They rose and reached for weapons when the door opened but none acted as Rolfe looked back to them inside, he held the door open as Rowan and Dorian moved first,  Rowan shot him and Gavriel a look, 

"Let's go" neither argued as they rose, and followed their former companion out the door and onto the street way

~

Fenrys ran his fingers along the fine black material beneath him when he wriggled his shoulders into the cushions of the chair he had headed straight for when Rowan allowed them access into their lodgings, "Such fine accommodations. Which of the royals is paying then?" Fenrys brushed off the familiar look Gavriel shot at him.

He watched with mild amusement in his eyes as the young raven haired King froze at his word, Rowan was across the room and watched, "Does it make a difference?" he moved around, seemingly checking ever inch of the walls for any means of spying. Fenrys observed, watching the whitethorns attempts to make sure it was secure, it would matter not─ if the best spies in this world wanted to spy on them, there would be no stopping them, especially if it was one of the spies from Brielle's court.

"Someone's got to have money to finance this war" Fenrys drawled from where he sat, gaze moving to the young King, he scanned the human up and down "Though maybe considering yesterday's decree from Morath, you'll be moving to more... economical quarters"

Rowan settled next to a set of draws, which sat across the room near the door,

"Worry over your own business, Fenrys" Gavriel said, Fenrys snorted in amusement, oh how he missed this, the teasing, he begun to play with the hair hanging around his neck, curling it around a finger. He could envision the fun he might have, taking the piss out of Whitethorn once Brielle arrived.

"How you even manage to walk with that much steel on you, Whitethorn has always been a mystery to me."

"How no one has ever cut out you tongue just to shut you up has always been a mystery to me"

Fenrys chuckled and glanced at Gavriel from the corner of his gaze, "I've been told it's my best feature. At least Gavriel's sister thinks so"

Gavriel's head snapped in his direction so quickly, Fenrys was surprised he didn't break something in his vertebra while committing out the action. A dangerous primal look danced in the male's eyes, the eyes that reminded Fenrys so much of Brielle, he couldn't help but continue grinning.

A low laugh came from the other side of the room, Fenrys could see the King of Adarlan laughing  hand held over his mouth to hide his amusement. Rowan was watching the king before he turned back around, leaning further and bracing his hands on the dresser behind him.

"How did you keep your scents hidden?"

At the question Gavriel finally turned away from Fenrys, his eyes still dark "A new trick of Maeve's— to keep us nearly invisible in a land that does not receive our kind warmly" he jutted out his chin in their direction, "Though it seems it's not wholly effective"

"You two better have a damn good explanation for why you're here —and why you dragged Rolfe into whatever it is"

Fenrys sat up, lip curling with slight rage, Rowan thought they would be here on their own accord, did he think that they would chose to come across, that any of them ever chose to follow these order, not all of them had a young Fae princess come in to save them from the ties of a blood oath, to a bitch of a Queen.

"You get everything you want, Rowan, yet you're still a stone-cold bastard. Lorcan would be proud."

"Where's Connall?" Rowan asked, arms folded, tone mocking.

Fenrys felt his heart stop, and features tighten, "Where do you think? One of us is always the anchor"

"And Brielle what shall happen to her now your not there and Maeve knows?" Rowan's tone was sharper this time, but still a mockery to get back at Fenrys for his previous teasing,

The familiar feral feeling returned, caging itself around his heart. Something in Whitethorns face shifted or unnerved when he looked into Fenrys's eyes, his voice was low when he spoke, but loud enough for ever one to hear, a dangerous growl hidden within.

"Careful, Whitethorn, I don't think Aelin of the Wildfire will appreciate it if she arrives and find her lover  in pieces."

 He spat the word at Whitethorn, all sense of humour washed from within him, he could deal with Rowan mocking him about his brother, but he was struggling to deal with his urges about Brielle and the panic he felt for her... he was in no mind to be near them and if Whitethorn kept pushing Fenrys might do something he most certainly would not regret, even if Aelin Galathynius hunted him down for it.

Gavriel looked equally as annoyed by Rowan's comment but he didn't let it get the better of him as he stepped between the two other Fae male,

"Brielle isn't in Doranelle" 

Rowan looked away from Fenrys, the smallest shred of guilt shining in his eyes, but he replaced it seconds after he met Gavriel's stare, "Then where the hell is she?"

"She's coming here" Fenrys finished, Rowan cursed running a hand through his hair, a small etch of worry on his face. It was an expression Fenrys recognised, for he had worn it too.

Both Brielle and Aelin were coming to the same place, their meeting was now inevitable. The male had seen the displays of power from both Fae females, and none of them had seen that amount power from Fae females since Maeve. They could only hope the two got along, because if they didn't, Gods help them all.

"So" Fenrys let out, allowing the words to draw along his tongue, "are we soon to call you King Rowan?"

Gavriel's resounding sigh echoed across the room, "Gods above, Fenrys" it was evident in the way Gavriel's shoulders sagged, that he was tired of being the buffer between their group for centuries. Cutting in quickly before Fenrys would say something that might actually get his tongue cut out.

"Your arrival, Rowan, was a fortunate turn of events" Rowan turned to meet Gavriel's stare once more, and in that instant he knew what it was he was about to be asked, 

"Where is Lorcan?"

He contemplated his options, "I don't know where Lorcan is,"

Gavriel scanned his former friends face, reading it, "You don't know where he is— but you've seen him?"

A single nod.

"Are we really going to play truths and lies? Just tell us you bastard" 

Rowan glared at him once more, Fenrys returned it with a beaming smile.

"Are you here on Maeve's command— ahead of the Armada? What about Brielle?"

Gavriel gave a quick shake of his head, "Our presence has nothing to do with the Armada sailing. She sent us to hunt him. You already know the crime he committed."

"We don't know what Brielle's command is, she didn't say in her letter" Fenrys rubbed a hand up his arm, in comfort or warmth he wasn't quite sure, 

"Could it be possible she didn't have a command?" Dorian asked, they looked to him, Fenrys had almost forgotten the Young King was standing there, 

Gavriel spoke up for them, "Not likely, Maeve wouldn't let us leave without purpose," his eye narrowed in thought, turning back to look at the Fae males of the group, "Most of Brielle's commands where to gather information, that was what her power was good at, but that doesn't make sense why she would be coming here"

The other two also now took in his words, 

"If Maeve found out about you two" Rowan started looking warily at Fenrys, when he got no reaction he continued, "Why would she let Brielle leave and not wield that information"

It made no sense to them, something was not adding up, Dorian frowned, missing information.

When Rowan noticed his expression he looked to Fenrys, an unspoken request, when Fenrys blinked Rowan allowed himself to elaborate for the King of Adarlan.

"Brielle and Fenrys are mates"

Dorian's jaw dropped, and had the situation not been serious Fenrys might have chuckled, the young king looked at him shocked, "The Wolf and Lioness of Doranelle are mates?" the weight of it hit him, no one outside of their group truly knew of his relationship with Brielle. Fenrys couldn't help but note that Dorian now addressed her by her other title.

He felt a sense of pride for having kept the secret for so long, but that empty gap cracked through his chest again, for if he and Brielle died tomorrow, which at this rate was a great possibility, no one other than them would know of the love they held for each other, and part of him wanted to go around Skulls Bay and tell as many people as possible, Just so their love was real, not just to them but to the world.

 It was a realisation that would have had Fenrys stumbling had he not be sat down already— He wanted the World  to know just how much he loved Brielle.

And that thought didn't scare him nearly as much as it should have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 896 29
FenrysxOC "I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." "I will love you. From the other side of the world. To the Heavens and what...
37.2K 1.5K 28
In which a thief and an assassin learn that they are so much more than the masks that they wear [TOG - KOA] [EVENTUAL (SARDOTHIEN) OC X CANON! MALE]
305K 3.2K 130
So, yeah. Everything is in the title. Enjoy? I do not own Throne Of Glass or its characters(sadly) REQUESTS ARE CLOSED AND WILL BE IGNORED. DMS ASKIN...
2.2K 36 18
ā“„ā“ā’¹ ā“‹ā’ŗā“‡ā“ˆā’¾ā“„ā“ƒ !āƒ ā š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜£š˜°š˜ŗ š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜°š˜§ š˜„š˜¦š˜¢š˜µš˜© š˜®š˜¢š˜Øš˜Ŗš˜¤ š˜¢š˜Æš˜„ š˜Ŗš˜­š˜­š˜¶š˜“š˜Ŗš˜°š˜Æ, š˜°š˜­š˜„ š˜®š˜¢š˜Øš˜Ŗš˜¤ š˜µš˜©š˜¢š˜µ š˜“š˜©š˜°š˜¶š˜­š˜„ š˜Æš˜°š˜µ š˜£š˜¦ ļæ½...