More Than Words

By Achan_21

A KangBi AU wherein a certain quiet transferee piqued the interest of the Student Council President "You sure... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 21

204 13 1
By Achan_21

Hyewon stared at Eunbi's hand and silently contemplated to hold her hand. Eunbi then beats her to it when she stepped forward and held Hyewon's hand, pulling her to stand up.

Hyewon was caught off guard by this and just stared at Eunbi who's smiling at her. Seeing the smile Eunbi has on her face, Hyewon can't help feel a fluttering sensation on her stomach.

"C'mon Hyewon-ah", Eunbi said as she pulls Hyewon along to walk to the convenience store. They walked to the store silently, with Hyewon occasionally glancing on their hands.

They soon reached the store Eunbi was talking about. They greeted the worker with timid bow as they entered silently.

Still having their hands intertwined, Eunbi dragged Hyewon along the rows of snacks and beverages on display. Eunbi got herself a tuna mayo flavored triangle gimbap, grabbing it using her free hand, and offered Hyewon some but the latter refused.

They then passed by the aisle filled with varieties of ramyeon. Hyewon suddenly stopped to look through the variety, causing Eunbi to also stop walking.

Hyewon decided to have a cupped Jin ramyeon and grabbed it also with her free hand. Then, the two walked to the drinks.

Eunbi gets a can of sprite while Hyewon gets a can of cola. Having what they want, the two then went towards the worker on the cashier and layed down their foods.

Hyewon was about to get her wallet from her hoodie's pocket when Eunbi stops her. "Don't... Its my turn today", Eunbi said with a small smile as she then sinks her free hand to her own pocket and got her wallet out.

Eunbi pays for their food, shortly letting go of Hyewon's hand to get some cash from her wallet but as soon she handed it to the worker, she holds the younger's hand again.

Hyewon carried the plastic bag containing their foods with her free hand and Eunbi puts back her wallet to her pocket. The two then walked to one corner of the convenience store where chairs and tables are placed.

Eunbi sat on one of the chairs placed her food on the chair in front of her. Eunbi then looked at Hyewon, cofused as to why the latter wasn't moving.

"Sit Hyewon-ah", Eunbi said, which only got a blank stare in return. Hyewon then looks down on thier intertwined hands and back to Eunbi, as if telling her to let go.

Eunbi feels her cheeks flush out of embarrassment when she realised that she is still holding Hyewon's hand, preventing her from sitting on the chair opposite from her.

Eunbi realising this, she abruptly lets go of Hyewon's hand with a couple of coughing to go along with it. "Y-Yeah.. S-sorry", Eunbi stuttered as she feels her cheeks fire up, looking anywhere else but Hyewon.

Hyewon, finding Eunbi's acts cute, can't help but smile at it. Hyewon shakes her head, her smile widening as she sits on the chair opposite from Eunbi's.

Hyewon stood up to go to other side of the store where the water dispenser is located, bringing her ramyeon cup with her. This gives Eunbi time to calm herself from embarrassment.

"Kwon Eunbi... Really... Way to embarrass yourself...", Eunbi sighed at her thoughts as she hides her face between her palms. Groaning, she removed her hands from covering her face and stared outside from the glass wall.

The streets were lit by those old streetlights, painting the pavement with yellowish hues. By this time, there were already no people passing by as it was already deep into the night.

While Eunbi was staring through the glass wall, Hyewon walked back with her hot cup of ramyeon. Hyewon just placed her ramyeon on the table and sat down.

Eunbi shifted her attention to look at Hyewon when she hears the sound of the younger placing her food on the table. "Let's just finish this and go home", Eunbi said, refering to their food.

Hyewon just nodded at her words and ate her food quietly. The two ate peacefully, with Eunbi occasionally talking to Hyewon, of course only receiving smiles and nods as a response.

After the two finished eating, they both stood up, ready to go home. As they stepped out of the store, Eunbi awkwardly fidgeted her fingers before attempting to say goodbye to the younger.

"So uhm... Its getting late so uhh see you tomorrow", Eunbi muttered, her voice almost a whisper. Eunbi was about to walk away when she feels a hand holding her arm, preventing her from going her way.

"W-what?", Eunbi said as she turned back to Hyewon, getting nervous all of a sudden, seeing the intense stare of the younger at her. Hyewon then smiled, further confusing the older.

"What's with her?", Eunbi asked herself, seeing the sudden smile from the latter. Hyewon then moved her hold on Eunbi's arm to her wrist before pulling it near her, causing Eunbi to stumble a bit from the pull.

Hyewon then writes something on Eunbi's palm again, which made Eunbi focus on making it out. What Hyewon scribled on her palm was pretty long so they stayed in front of the store for a few minutes.

"Let me take you home. Its getting late and it's dangerous to leave you alone. I already have my car parked near here."

Eunbi sees Hyewon gesture her to just agree and Eunbi timidly nodded, causing Hyewon's smile to grow even wider. With that, Hyewon led the way to where her car is park, with Eunbi silently following her.

Reaching Hyewon's car, Hyewon reach in to her hoodie pocket to get her car keys. She opened the door for Eunbi, receiving a timid 'thank you' from the older.

After letting Eunbi in Hyewon walked around to open the driver's seat door. Hyewon got in with ease, she fastens her seatbelt and glances on Eunbi to check if she has her's fastened.

After confirming that the older has her seatbelt fastened, Hyewon started the engine, hearing it roar. Eunbi mumbles her home address which Hyewon nodded to before driving to it.

Their drive went by smoothly, with both of them not uttering a word, possibly because of their tiredness or just because of the desire to not break the comfortable silence they're in.

Eunbi looked out the window as they get closer to her apartment building. The car soon comes to a stop as it finally reaches the destination.

Hyewon removed her seat belt and got out first, opening the car door for Eunbi again. Eunbi got her seat belt out and stepped out of the car, sighing deeply at the sight of her apartment building.

"Well... Thank you for bringing me home even if you didn't have too", Eunbi shyly said as she smile softly at the latter as she closed the car door. "See you tomorrow, Hyewon-ah", Eunbi said, waving her hand at Hyewon as she walked away from her and into the apartment building.

Hyewon waves back with a small, watching Eunbi's figure slowly getting further from her until she gets in. Seeing that Eunbi made it in safely, Hyewon sighs, a smile creeping in her lips as she walked back to the driver's seat.

All throughout her way home, Hyewon forgot that she was ever upset. The reason she was out in the first place was to vent out her pent up frustrations from her father. Now, all throughout her drive home, her smile was never fading.

*************************

Eunbi gets in her apartment unit and was about to take a shower when she felt like she forgot something. "What did I forget now?", Eunbi questioned herself as her brows furrowed.

After a few seconds, Eunbi realises what it was and hit her head lightly at her silliness. "I didn't get to return this", Eunbi said as she looked down on the coat she's wearing.

"Well I could just return it after washing it", Eunbi said as she shrugged at herself and slowly takes off Hyewon's coat that she's wearing, taking note that she need to do the laundry soon.

After taking her towel, she waltzes into the bathroom. She steps out fresh from the shower and changed to her comfy pajamas. She enters her bedroom and layed on her bed, staring deeply to the ceiling.

"What a day...", Eunbi thought as she thought of what happened throughout the day. She slowly feels her fatigue kicking in she closes her eyes bit by bit.

After a few minutes, Eunbi drifted off to sleep, dipping further into her dreamland as she lets out soft snores.

*************************

Hyewon got home a little before midnight, parking her car on the garage, she stepped out of the garage and went toward the house's door. She slowly opens the door, careful not to make anyone take notice of her arrival.

She stepped inside silently, seeing Dasom sleeping on the sofa. Thinking that the older is sleeping soundly, Hyewon slowly made her way towards the stairs, planning to go to her room.

"Where did you go?"

Hyewon hears Dasom asked her suddenly causing Hyewon to stop in her tracks and turned around, facing Dasom with a sheepish smile on her face.

"Just somewhere quiet", Hyewon answered, Dasom eyed her suspiciously. "You got home earlier than I expected", Dasom then suddenly stated, Hyewon furrowed her brows at Dasom.

"You know, when you go out like that saying that you need to go somewhere quiet, you tend to go home around 2 or 3 am", Dasom explained to Hyewon, which the younger couldn't retort to as what Dasom said was true.

"Well... Uhm... I felt better much faster now though", Hyewon said as she smiles, remembering Eunbi from earlier. "Yeah? And that's because of?", Dasom nodded and asked as she stares suspiciously at Hyewon.

"No... Nothing.. Bye... I'm going to sleep already... I still have classes tomorrow...", Hyewon said before running upstairs, entering her bedroom, leaving Dasom staring at her from behind.

"That kid...", Dasom said as she shaked her head. "Didn't even notice that her coat isn't with her...", Dasom whispered to herself with a slight chuckle.

"I wonder what happened to that kid... Her smile seemed so genuine for the first time in a long time...", Dasom thought as she glanced at Hyewon's bedroom door visible from downstairs before walking to her own room.

Hyewon immediately layed on her bed after getting in her room. She didn't even care about changing to her pajamas. Her body just completely relaxes on her bed as she slowly fell asleep with a small smile on her lips.

"Tomorrow will be a good day Hyewon"

********************

안녕~

Hello guys^_^ another chapter is here^_^

I'm feeling like I need to build up some chemistry between my characters first before inserting the drama in this so I'm kind of conflicted on how will I be able to do that...

Anyways, enjoy this chapter^_^

As always, opinions are welcome~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 2.2K 27
"You know, speaking up for yourself doesn't hurt you." Date Started:05/12/20 Date Ended:08/27/20 Highest Ranking(s) #1 - yenyul #1 - 2kim #2 - chaeku...
53.8K 1.8K 30
just a little game...
43K 2.6K 26
don't get caught. ꩜ interactive au ★ 07.07.20 // httpcherryulcola // finished !
63.8K 1.7K 34
When you are a transfer and being greeted by the Student Council President, Kwon Eunbi. What you didn't know that by meeting her, your one year of hi...