Alluvion's Water Lily

By Writing-Pixie

The soulmate serum was released to the public two years after Lily was born. So, she didn't really know of a... More

Foreword
Chapter 1 - "DNA" by BTS
Chapter 2 - "Hyde" by VIXX
Chapter 3 - One (Lucid Dream) by Golden Child
Chapter 4- Lotto by EXO
Chapter 5 - Q & A by Seventeen (Vernon, Woozi, and S.Coups) and Ailee
Chapter 6 - Famous by Taemin (SHINee and SuperM)
Chapter 7 - Interlude: Shadow by BTS (Suga/Yoongi)
Chapter 8 - Glass Shoes by Fromis_9
Chapter 9 - Mix Tape: Gone Days by Stray Kids
Chapter 10 - Trip Advisor by ONF
Chapter 11 - Last Piece by Got7
Chapter 12 - Jungle by Bvndit
Chapter 13 - English Girl by Oneus
Chapter 14 - Boss NCT U
Chapter 16 - Nostalgic Night by Victon
Chapter 17 - Phobia by Stray Kids
Chapter 18 - Friends by BTS (Jimin & V/Taehyung) 19
Chapter 19 - Dalla Dalla by Itzy
Chapter 20 - I Wish by Cosmic Girls (WJSN)
Chapter 21 - Liar Liar by Oh My Girl
Chapter 22 - Never Ever by Got7
Chapter 23 - She's Dreaming by EXO
Chapter 24 - Puma by TxT
Chapter 25 - Blue & Grey by BTS
Chapter 26 - Power Up by Red Velvet
Announcement - not an update (sorry)

Chapter 15 - Baby Good Night by G-Dragon and TOP

196 19 3
By Writing-Pixie

A/N:  Hooray!  200 votes achieved!

4357 words

Updated 8-19-22

After we were all full on pizza and spent a couple hours talking, well actually we were mostly just spending comfortable leisurely time being in each others' presence since when I did talk essentially only two of my soulmates fully understood me, Gamon and I looked at each other. Somehow both of us knew what came next without needing to voice it. He pulls out his phone and even before the Thai words escape his lips as the phone connects I already know who he is calling. ♦ " Pêe Mengrai, I think it's time to take Lily back to her motel to get her stuff, and then take her to the new hotel they set her up with." ♦

Oh yeah. I kind of forgot that I still needed to relocate my belongings. Geez I hope I didn't leave the hotel in a wreck. I tend to keep things tidy but sometimes a more cluttered version of tidy, however this morning I was such a ball of nerves I really don't remember what state the room was in before I left. I have this habit of leaving the "Do Not Disturb" tag on the doorknob the few times I have had to stay in a hotel. I know some people would probably say it's a horrible habit to have, but it's a habit I picked up from my father. He never wanted the hotel staff to potentially mess with our stuff while we were gone somewhere. As long as there weren't too many dirty towels, and we had enough clean ones he didn't really see much point in using the maid service at all. We only ever stayed in a hotel a couple nights at most, so it wasn't an altogether bad thing. I should probably change my habits though if I am going to stay in this new hotel for a couple of weeks or more.

I tune back into Gamon's side of the phone conversation ♦ "Oh really? That was quick! Sure, I'll pass the message along." ♦ I expected the first half, but I couldn't help but wonder what message he was referring to. He must see my look of confusion because just after he trails his eyes around the room he answers my unspoken question in Thai. ♦ "Looks like the others will be getting their injection tomorrow. They were able to make quick arrangements with the company doctor." ♦ There's a chorus of complaints about the two of us keeping secrets from my other four soulmates. "You'll all learn about it soon enough."

Due to the darkness of night the January weather chill is even worse at this time, even within the parking garage for the building. I find myself shivering and huddling up in my coat. Without warning a hand wraps itself around my left bicep, and I'm pulled into a strong warm body. I know due to the underlying electric current that it's Gamon without turning around, but I know he shouldn't be doing this. He spins me around while still holding me close, and I know that my eyes must be conveying my immediate panic as I look up at him. "What if someone sees?"

"Everyone in the building works for the label. I don't see it being a problem." He shrugs off my worries before he starts escorting me toward the SUV again. While I want to agree with him a huge part of me is distressed over the fear that I'm going to get in trouble for this. True, I haven't signed the paperwork yet, but I know that within those pages somewhere is something about what is and isn't allowed in public. I can pretty much guarantee that this is one of those things that isn't. He halts our progress toward where Mengrai waits in the SUV. "Do you have a problem with skinship, Lily?" He asks me.

For a minute I am not sure what he means because 'skinship' isn't a term that I am familiar with, but due to context clues I am able to figure it out. He's asking if I have a problem with this kind of intimacy. I don't know if he means in general or just in public, but either way I know how to answer him. "No, I'm just not wanting to get in trouble for getting caught the very first day we spend together." I sigh. "One thing I haven't admitted out loud yet is that while you five are going to be constantly in the public eye and are comfortable with that because it's your job it's not something I ever thought would be a part of my life. I don't know if I want to be a public figure like that, or a celebrity by association. I'm used to being a private person, and it's going to take me some time to completely come to terms and be comfortable with the vast majority of people in this country, and even a good chunk of people internationally, knowing who I am. My hesitation to touch is stemming from both the fact that I don't want us to get in trouble too early on, but also the fact that I don't want the information to be shared of who I am to all of you yet. Not until I can get my head wrapped around what it will mean for our relationship to be shared so publicly."

I want to add how I know that we will have private moments also, but that will take away from the point I am trying to make. That going public with our relationship is a big deal, and it will definitely mean a big deal to his fans. Many probably won't support us, and there are some that probably will outright hate me for taking their bias romantically away from them.

His hand lifts up, and I know that he wants to touch my cheek. I know I want him to, but not here. He puts it back down. He smiles softly at me to convey that he understands where I am coming from. "Let's get in the SUV then. I don't want you to end up a frozen Lily-cicle."

I can't help but chuckle at that. I offer him a relieved smile before we both finally rush off to the SUV. Once we are buckled up in our seats of the SUV Gamon takes my hand in his. After all, here it's safe. No one can see us behind the tinted windows. We held hands that way the entire ride back to the motel I was staying at. About thirty minutes of handholding. When we get there he insists on going up with me, only of course I'm not so sure. "Won't you be recognized?"

In response to that he puts on a baseball cap and a mask, both accessories he must have kept tucked into the back of the driver's seat for moments like this. "I would wear sunglasses too, but it would draw even more attention to be wearing them at night."

I'm thankful that due to the hour there aren't many people currently lingering in the lobby. We head to the elevator and luckily find it empty when it opens to us. The minute we enter the small space together something in my stomach begins to quiver. I look up at him and judging his expression alone his thoughts have gone to a carnal place. The way his eyes have darkened from a golden hazel to a color that reminds me of a chocolate diamond that I once saw in a jewerly ad has me fidgeting, and trying to clamp my thighs together as sexual awareness travels all over my skin. Is it bad to both want his hands and lips on me, but also to want to wait it out a bit longer? A part of me still craves the idea of being wooed and romanced while another part is at war with the first and literally wants to jump his bones right here right now public indecency be damned. No, I need to be responsible. I haven't gotten the birth control thing figured out yet, and he probably isn't prepared to take care of that either. If he is, that is whole 'nother conversation that needs to happen. Besides, do I really want my first time to be a quickie in an elevator?

Luckily the elevator dings only a few seconds later, and I'm given a moment to breathe as we head to my door. Once we walk into my room I can't help but breathe a sigh of relief to see that I had made the bed, and there doesn't appear to be a towel or two left lying on the floor which was honestly the biggest thing I was concerned about. "What can I do to help?" Gamon asks, and I immediately find myself panicking once more.

The clothing in the drawers for the most part are safe except for the drawer I put my undergarments in; The bigger problem lies in where he would be moving them to. It's my suitcases that aren't safe. Not by a long shot. I left a selection of the semi-risqué lingerie in each of them. Why did I do that? Why didn't I have all of them in one? The only thing safe is my cosmetics and toiletries from the bathroom. I grab my carryon and hand it to him. "Can you grab my stuff from the vanity counter, and the stuff lingering around the lip of the bathtub then put them in here for me please?"

I scurry to try to get stuff in the suitcases as fast as possible, and I just barely manage it as he comes back out. He's frowning at me though. He hands me the bag and I notice the zipper isn't closed. "I couldn't get it shut. You might have to rearrange it the way you had it before. I couldn't seem to figure it out on my own."

I turn bright red as I see part of the problem is the square blue box sitting on top of everything else. Crap! How did I forget that the last day of my cycle was my first day here before sending him in there to retrieve my stuff? I know I should be an adult about this; it's just a part of life after all. I find myself mumbling, "Sure, I'll get it."

I start rearranging things when I feel his large hands on my shoulders. "Baby, I'm getting some impressions here so let me know if I am off base or not." I nod my head and try not to swoon too much at the fact he is already using an endearment. "I'm going to guess that you have never had a romantic adult relationship before."

I shook my head. "No, a couple of boyfriends in high school but nothing remotely serious."

He pulls the blue box in question out of my bag. "Your period is nothing to be shy about. It's a part of life, and I imagine eventually all of us will probably even have your cycle known by heart. If not that then probably have some app on our phone that tracks it. Hell, I can definitely see Juahie doing that actually. In his place I want to ask if you have every comfort you need for your current cycle. Also, we have mothers, and some of us even have sisters. It's not something we are wholly unfamiliar with. Do you have everything you need for it this month?"

I realize I know nothing about their families and store that fact to worry over at a later date. There's already too much, and I can only compartmentalize so much. I clear my throat as if it is going to help diminish the lump that grew there due to my nerves. "I'm good. Um, my last full day of my cycle was actually my first day here actually." I mentally groan as I realize how redundant I sounded since I said actually twice. If he notices my mistake he doesn't say so. "So, I'm good until next month."

He pulls out his cell phone and asks. "So what was the date of your first day?"

I try to grab his cell phone from him, and he chuckles and starts pulling away. Of course because he is 5'11" (180 cm) and has about 5 inches (almost 13cm) of height on me there's no way I am going to get it from him and realize my defeat really rapidly. I sigh. "Can we not do this now? Everything is too new."

He nods his head and puts his phone back in his pocket. "Okay, that sounds fair to me, but when your cycle comes around next month I want to know about it so we can pamper you."

I definitely like the sound of that idea, so I smile up at him and nod my agreement. He frowns at my bags. "I probably shouldn't take them down, as much as I want to. It would definitely look suspicious if someone put two and two together." He pauses for a second to think. "I know. I'll have Mengrai park the car, and come up to take your luggage down. I'll just text him really quick and ask him to text me just before he gets on the elevator. Then I'll leave and head to the SUV by myself, so I can be there waiting when he comes back down with your things."

I nod. "Sounds like a plan." I learn something as he types away on his phone. Apparently texting won't be a thing with all of us. I can't read the Thai words he types out, although I find the script really pretty.

Once he gets done he must see how my eyebrows crinkled in disappointment regarding my discovery. "What's wrong?"

I quickly explained to him what I realized.

"That stinks, but at least we learned about it early on." His phone notification goes off. "Well, that was quick. See you in a few minutes, Baby."

About ten minutes later, when I climb back into the SUV, Gamon acts like he hasn't seen me in ages. I can't help but laugh in response. It's nice to know he also has a silly side.

Because the other hotel is so close to their building we both decide it's best to say goodbye in the car. He isn't sure how public knowledge their address is, but I understand why he wouldn't want to risk it. "I can send Mengrai or another one of the managers to come pick you up in the morning if you like. We generally get a bit of a late start, but we have to be at the company building by 10 am tomorrow. The doctor administering the shots is meeting us there. We figured it would be better to surprise Minsookie with the injection that way, rather than creating more build up by driving to a clinic or doctor's office."

"Gamon, I can see your building from here. I don't think sending one of the managers to drive me over there is really necessary. I can literally walk."

He chuckles awkwardly, and if it weren't so dark I am sure I would see some pink hues around his cheeks and the top of his ears due to his immediate embarrassment for not thinking that through. "Okay, well in that case here." He writes a four digit number on my hand, and I know it's the passcode to get past the security gate of the building. "If for some reason you forget the code then you can always call Minsookie or myself to buzz you in." He gives my hand a squeeze. The goodbye between us feels both awkward and right as I pull open the door to get out. I glance at the number, and I memorize it quickly. It's not a hard code, but it's also not overly easy for someone to slip in that shouldn't know it.

Mengrai helps me take my bags up. Once we are just inside my door he smiles softly at me before bowing. "See..you...tomorrow, Miss Lily."

I gasp in surprise. "I didn't know you spoke English, Mengrai. Forgive me for assuming you didn't."

He shakes his head and smiles warmly at me. "I...how to say? Understand? Yes, understand...more..better...than...talk." He is obviously embarrassed since his cheeks grow a bit brighter in color.

"Well, I promise to try to help you feel included in our conversations."

He shakes his head emphatically. The man is huge, and it's kind of funny to see him panic so animatedly. "No...no...need."

I humor him. For now. Once the door shuts behind him I turn to take in my temporary home. It's even grander than my other hotel room, and that's saying something since Raina paid for it. Of course I had insisted her not to go overboard. This? This is definitely overboard. It's not just a hotel room; it's a suite of rooms.

I was already standing in the sitting area, but I decided to walk back to the door as if I was seeing it for the first time and give myself a tour. There is a short hallway from the door and to my right is a half bathroom. I don't see myself using that unless I come back here while trying not to do the 'pee pee dance.' I roll my eyes at myself. 'Pee pee dance?' Really?

I walk further down the hallway, and once I take a half step to the right I'm in a scaled-down office nook. There's a small desk with a bunch of different built-in sockets and hookups to plug different electronic devices in. I guess this will be where I set up my laptop, and what will be my charging station of sorts. Behind the desk chair is a pair of wood panel doors. I open them up and am immediately surprised by the contents inside. "It's a liquor cabinet and snack bar." I find myself saying out loud to the empty room.

The office nook is in an open space connecting it to the small living room like area. Here there is a comfy looking neutral beige couch and chair combo. A small round coffee table shares the space in front of them. There is a large flat screen television on the wall, and behind the chair is my first view of the world outside from my temporary home. The city lights at night look dazzling from the large window.

The hallway continues in an L like shape that turns to my left. It leads me directly into the bedroom. Straight forward in front of me is another wood panel door, and when I open it I find it to be a closet. The bed takes up most of the floor space in this room and looks to be a queen size, and like all hotel rooms there is a bedside table on either side with one drawer and lamps on top of both of them. There is also a large flat screen television on the wall opposite of the bed too. There is a large white door to the left of the entrance of the bedroom that I know by process of elimination must be the full bathroom.

I find my feet skidding to a stop after I open the door. Damn, I definitely wasn't expecting something like this. To my left is a double sink vanity, and while the marble against the wood paneling accents is a nice contrasting touch it's not what had me stopping in my tracks. To my right as I walk in the door is a large glassed-in area. Beyond the glass door houses the shower and immediately to the left of the shower is a large deep tub. I am so surprised by the way the shower and tub are set up I realize that there seems to be a key component missing from the bathroom. That's when I noticed another white door past the glassed in space and beyond the tub. I open it and find not only another toilet but a bidet as well. I don't really know for certain how much time I simply gawk at the shower and tub combo, but by the time I get everything situated and put away where I want them it's 11 pm.

I pull up the app on my cell phone that converts time for me. I note that it's 8 am in Chicago so I shoot off a text to the group chat that we created just after we knew for certain that the members of Alluvion were indeed my soulmates. I know Liz and Carson will probably be up, although he will probably be at work. It's hard to tell if Raina will or not.

Me: Hey things went really well. They didn't get the Wernicke's Serum injection beforehand so only Gamon could fully understand me, although Minsook's English was good enough that he didn't seem to have much trouble either. Jiseong understood a bit too, but he was a bit depressed that he couldn't understand more.

Carson: Woot! So, you all moved in then, babe?!?

Raina: Moved in? You do remember that they live in a four bedroom apartment right?

Carson: Oh yeah. So where are you then?

Me: They set me up with a new hotel room for now that's really close to their place. Here lemme take some pictures so you can see this room.

I quickly snap off several photos. I even took a selfie of myself in front of the large picturesque window in the living room.

Liz: Oh wow! Look at that view! And congrats by the way! Sorry, I didn't respond sooner Micah apparently decided that he no longer likes Fruit Loops and dumped the bowl of cereal on the floor.

Me: Tyvm! No worries! But, who doesn't like Fruit Loops? Cheerios I would understand. But Fruit Loops?

Liz: He's just being contrary. It's a phase. They always say that terrible twos are rough. Threes have their own share of moments like this too.

Me: Good to know.

I find myself typing without thinking.

Carson: Good to know? Babe, are you already thinking about having their babies?

Me: Not exactly. I responded automatically. I only meant that it was a good tip for later on in general. I mean I know I want kids in the future no matter what.

I find myself freezing as a thought immediately occurs to me.

Me: What if they don't want kids!?!?!

Raina: Here before you strangle yourself with your own panic. <youtube link here>

I click the link and discover that it's a compilation a Current made. All the scenes involve each of the members with kids and animals.

Me: Ty for the link. Is it weird that not only did that touch my heart, but it kind of turned me on too?

Carson: If you had said that to anyone else, but those of us that know you maybe.

Raina: I definitely didn't expect that response when I sent it. I mean you are normally so coy about such things.

Liz: Oh, I totally get that, and sorry I know they're your soulmates but I can't help but agree. Seeing a man who not only loves kids, but knows how to take care of them definitely makes my uterus flutter.

Carson: ...Okay this officially got weird with you three and your vajayjays.

Raina: Sorry not sorry.

Me: What Raina said.

Liz: Amen!

Me: Oh, and regarding your comment about being "coy." I honestly don't know. Some moments they have me feeling really shy, other moments it's nothing but sparks and fiery warmth between us.

I glance at the time on my phone and frown.

Me: I should probably get off here. It's almost midnight. Setting my phone on DND mode.

But of course trying to go to bed is easier said than done after the excitement filled day I had. The time on the bedside clock blinks at me. "Fine. Yesterday." I correct myself out loud as if the clock is being sassy with me. After an hour of tossing and turning I decided to text someone else. The only other person important in my life besides my soulmates and the friends I have in Chicago. Ms. Adeline Johnson.

Me: Hey, Ms. Adeline! I haven't forgotten about you! I'm here! I've met them.

Adeline: You better facetime me right now young lady! Do that thing you do with your computer. I'll get Alexander to help me on my end.

Ms. Adeline Johnson was my foster mother who took care of me after my parents died. Alexander is her eldest foster in her house right now. She isn't housing many foster children anymore, because she is getting older and it's harder to manage too many at a time. When I lived with her I was one of seven. Surprisingly the only foster boy at the time was a toddler named Jamie.

Once Adeline finally connects to Zoom I can't help but feel the tears welling up in my eyes. "I forget how much I miss you until I see you all over again."

"Oh my sweet girl." She sighs dramatically, but I know it's a cover up to hide her own tears forming in her eyes. "None of that now. I want to hear all about these celebrity soulmates of yours. I'm sure you can't share much, but they better be treating my best girl right!"

My giggles are a bit broken, because I just can't stop the tears from flowing. I realized I'm feeling a mixed bag of elation and homesickness. Not for Chicago, but my childhood home I grew up in, my parents, and the foster home that got me through the rough patch. Ms. Adeline and I talk until I feel like my homesickness abated, and I start to finally grow too tired to function.  

In the comments here you can find a link to the hotel I used as inspiration for her hotel room.

The name Adeline means "kind-hearted person." I used this name for that reason, plus it's really close to my grandmother's birth name, Addie, who was definitely one of the most kind-hearted people I've ever known. To know her was to love her. She's always been my #1 female role model, and I miss her beyond measure. You can find the proof of the meaning to the name Adeline in the link provided in the comments of this paragraph.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 536 17
In a world where everyone has a soulmate, soulmate groups are nothing extraordinary. Everyone gets a soulmark at the age of ten to prepare for the aw...
18.9K 728 114
It is said that before you were born, the identity of your soulmate/soulmates had been determined. Each soul has a perfect match. The first time they...
126K 3.9K 35
"I might have broken many things, but my soul mates' hearts is never gonna be one of them." • "You have me now." "He means 'us'." • "Wait, does that...
1.5M 62.2K 177
The year someone turns 18 they have the opportunity to be injected with a serum that will produce a soulmate mark somewhere on their body. This seru...