King Maker: Revelations. (Par...

By kudz12

Power; the ability to control people. "Ma'am your afternoon appointment is here," she heard Lisa say via the... More

1 - Confession
2 - Consumate
3 - Taking care
4 - Morning Glory
5 - Past & Present Problems
7 - Blood For Blood
8 - Love & Lies
9 - Lose control
10 - Revelations
11 - I'm Sorry
12 - Oksana or Command
13 - Next time we meet
14 - Yes Ma'am
15 - Trouble is coming

6 - Wealth ~ Power

149 25 1
By kudz12

"There is nothing I can do aside from divorcing you if I don't want any ties to you. But that's already too late," she reasoned placing her hand on her belly. "But then again leaving you doesn't make any sense since I love you," she said thinking out loud. "This means I will have to choose my cases and clients carefully," she said as he placed a finger upon her lips stopped her.
Turning her head to face him he looked at her sincerely.
"You still love me?" He asked as she looked at him confused.
"What's not to love about you. Besides who else can handle you if not I," she said making him laugh.
"You don't need to change your work routine. Everything is alright," he said. "I don't think you would divorce me that easily especially if the kids found out," he said.
"Do they know the other side of you?" She asked seeing him smirk.
"They actually work for me," he said as she looked at him surprised.
"They are children Gregory," she said in outrage. "They should be enjoying their youth," she said looking appalled.
"They help with simple matters. That's why I chose a school not too far from home for them even though they wanted separate universities I insisted they attend the same one. Luckily the school offers a wide variety of courses to choose from unlike others. I have men there including lecturers keeping an eye out for trouble. What happened with Theo should have never occurred. I should have tightened security around you guys. I thought the fact that you were in my circle no one would dare touch you; but I guess I was wrong," he said whispering the last part as he looked away from her ashamed.
"Or maybe they don't know I am in your circle. Well, I guess it happened for a reason," she murmured as he pulled her closer to him as she turned to look at him.
"No more," he whispered as his phone rang.

"Cindy," He said becoming serious all of a sudden. "Stay were you are," he said ending the call as he dialed another number. Standing up she walked to the closet quickly changing into something more appropriate for stepping out.
Walking out she heard him barking orders into his phone angrily as she hurried after him fear gripping her. Reaching for his outstretched hand she took it as he led the way out of the house.
"Arrogant fools," he murmured to himself looking outside the window as he stroked his stubbled jaw.
She took his hand bringing it to her lap as they left their home as police bikes zoomed past them surprising her as a police vehicle passed them next before the car leading them started to follow the said vehicles.

"Just to speed up the journey," he whispered knowing she would ask.
The speed at which there were moving had her on the edge of her seat praying as they stopped for no one.
His phone rang as he answered staring outside as they left the city leaving the bikes behind. A few minutes later she spotted a group of vehicles ahead. Without a word she followed him to another car as Eli handed over keys to another man. Helping her into the car Greg pulled Eli aside whispering into his ear as the cars they had previously been in zoomed past her.

She watched in confusion as Eli nodded his head several times before getting into the car after Greg.
"Greg what's happening?" She asked as he smiled at her.
"Someone tried to kidnap Cindy," he said as she looked at him wide eyed.
"What do you mean kidnap. Who? Why?," She asked as he cupped her cheeks.
"Calm down baby," he said with a smile. "She is fine. They didn't even get to touch her. I always have men watching over the kids. I know their every move," he said as she nodded her head.
"Do. Do you know who is behind this?" She asked.
"Yes. That's why we are headed over to the school to get them. Then we will go have a word with the culprits," he said.
"We?" She asked wide eyed seeing him nod his head yes as she looked at him confused even more.
"Get some rest," he murmured as she shifted resting her head on his lap pulling her legs up.

—————

"I am alright," Cindy smiled as T looked beyond worried and scared. She looked behind her seeing Derrick carrying two travel bags whilst Andrew followed behind as they left the house.
"And the boys?"
"Peachy," she smiled before she changed the subject.
"I hear congratulations are in order," she said as her eyes roamed to her belly watching T place a hand over it.
"Thank you. But I feel like the next couple of months will be a trial," she said as they linked arms. She scanned their surroundings seeing other small houses around as college children roamed around.
"Why is that?" She said.
"A certain someone is just too darn overprotective," she said making Cindy chuckle.
"You know. Dad is a man of few words around other people. But one thing I know is he loves us," she said making T look at her in surprise.
"Oh he can try act all tough but I see through it all," she chuckled. "Do you remember the first time I met you," she said.
"How could I forget," T said rolling her eyes as they got into the vehicle.

"He actually cut me off as soon as you left," she said as T looked at her in confusion.
"He did what?" She said looking towards Greg as he called over another man towards him.
"I can be a tad bit overprotective of them. I needed to see if you were one of those gold diggers his friends fall prey to. But I saw something else in you. You didn't need a man to conform to societal norms," she said looking at her. "You still don't need one," she added with a chuckle. "But then you guys fell for each other and there is no turning away from true love, is there," she chuckled as T smiled at her settling into the car thinking.

————

"We are going to see Dominic. Make sure there are no surprises. You know Dominic very well," Greg said calling over a few more men as he gave them instructions. "Inform the police commissioner over there that we will be arriving early morning. He knows what I want," he said.
Eli nodded his head in acknowledgment as Greg turned heading to the car his sons were in.

As they pulled away from the housing complex he looked at his sons telling them what was happening as they headed to the airport.
Reaching the airport he looked at Eli in question as they didn't use their usual entrance.
"There was a problem with the security clearance sir," he said.
"Let this be the first and last time such happens," he said putting on his Ray Bans as he disembarked the vehicle seeing people rushing in and out of the large building.
Andrew and Derrick got out of the car looking towards the car that had the ladies. Moving towards them Greg took T's hand whilst the brothers flanked their sister moving briskly through the crowds.

At one point an unfortunate traveller bumped into T making her drop her phone as the guys all came to a halt looking at the man.
"I'm so sorry," he said picking up the phone looking at T as his cheeks became red.
"Stop starring at my wife and give her the phone," Greg said in a deadly tone as the man apologized handing over the phone.
As he was about to say something Greg took a step forward pulling T closer to him as he shielded her. Derrick and Andrew also simultaneously took a step forward as the man's eyes widened in fear.
"I apologize," the man simply stuttered taking a step back.
Proceeding to their destination at one point they had reached an elevator. The elevator had been occupied by the attendant and two young gentlemen.
Stepping forward Eli had simply indicated with a wave of his hand that they should step out. Seeing the people before them and how serious they were they needed no convincing as they stepped out of the elevator one of them actually checking Cindy out.
The attendant remained silent practically plastered to the wall as he pushed the required floor button.
Brushing her fingers across his knuckles he turned slightly to look at her as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze pulling her closer beside him making her lean on him.
"I'm hungry," she whispered making him smile as Andrew chuckled making Greg glare at him shutting him up instantly.
"We will order anything you want once we get to the lounge," he said making her nod her head smiling in glee.

Keeping his promise she sat enjoying her chicken croissant sandwich with her glass of orange juice as Gregory was on his phone getting the desired updates. Sitting beside her he looked at her deep in thought as she finished her food.
"What?" She asked shyly.
"I find it amazing how you react so differently in various situations. For instance right now you are very very shy," he said taking her hand bringing it to his lips as he kissed each finger.
"That's because you keep giving me that look and the children are around," she murmured as he looked at her with a raised brow.
"They know what goes on between married people. Besides I just love showing the world that you are all mine," he said as she crossed her legs making him smirk.
"Well, I do love being yours," she whispered making him lean closer to her as they intertwined their hands.
"You see. That's why loving you is so easy. We suit each other well," he whispered.
"Here I thought I was a handful," she replied.
"Hmmmm," He said in thought as he looked up.
"Gregory," she said laughing as he looked at her wearing a smile.
"You are not that much of a handful," he said in a dicey manner watching her. "You are the best form of torture God gave me," he said watching her open her mouth in shock.

"I am foreseeing someone sleeping alone tonight," she said in mockery looking away from him.
"Now that would be torture love," he said. "Do you know how many cold showers I had to take after spending the day with you before we got married. Let me not get started on the dreams I woke up to after tasting these lips," he said running a finger across her lips. "Torture. You give me good torture my love. And I love it," he whispered as she looked at him in shock.
Changing the subject she instigated a little game as they tried to figure out a secret handshake which had her laughing her heart out as his eyes glistened with joy as she gave up. Speaking in hushed tones they went over the routine again before he clasped her hand bringing it to his chest as he looked into her eyes.
"How did I get this lucky?" He whispered as she looked away smiling shyly. "You give me so much joy woman. I wish I had met you way before," she said endearingly. "Then I would be used to sporting boners around you," he said making her laugh as her gaze dropped down looking back up wearing a smirk.

"Apologies for the delay Mr Rhymes," he heard a young man walking into the room say whilst he spoke to his wife in hushed tones.
"There was...," he heard as he raised his hand stopping the man from further talk.

"One time I got a serious boner after talking to you whilst in a meeting. I had to dismiss everyone else I would never face them," he whispered his cheeks becoming red making T laughed again causing him to chuckle as she reached out to straighten his collar resting her palm on his chest.
"The lies you spew, goodness gracious," she said shaking her head in disbelief.
"I do not lie. Unlike you who does so for a living," she looked at him faking mortification.
"Well not all the time," she added making him smile as she played with his tie. "But if you need help relieving some pressure just tell me," she whispered as he smirked looking into her eyes.
"Attend to the manager sweetheart," she said in a serious tone as he slowly turned to face the young man who wore a professional smile as his own smile fell.

"There was a refueling delay," he said as Greg looked at the man narrowing his eyes.
"Never have I been delayed over refueling," he said seeing the man visibly swallow.
Nodding to Eli who took out his phone speaking to someone.
"This one is a terrible liar isn't he," they heard T say as she wore a knowing smirk.
"He is indeed," Greg agreed as two man grabbed ahold of the manager who looked beyond scared.
"Ask your men to release him," she said with a tired sigh as he looked at her in question. She turned to look at him leaning towards his ear whispering a few words.
A slight nod resulted in the manager being released as Greg stood up offering his hand to her. Andrew stopped talking as the room became silent all eyes on her. Her lips curved up into a smile as she looked at the man before her starting from his shoes to his head.
She stepped closer to him as Greg sat back resting an ankle over his knee just as Eli came to update him.
"Leave them to prepare that one. Have the other one fueled up," he murmured as Eli made a few more calls whilst he kept his eyes on his wife watching as she spoke to the manager in hushed tones seeing sweat run down the mans' forehead as he reached to loosen his tie nodding his head vigorously. Turning back to take her seat beside him she smiled at him as he stood helping her into her seat.
"He's all yours," she said as he looked at her in question.
Turning to the manager the man seemed to choke on his own words as he informed him of what he already suspected.
"And the crew?"
"The crew is compromised sir," he said his head bowed.

"Here is what you are going to do. Continue to prepare for that flight as intended. I can choose when to depart. It is my money after all," he said before dismissing the man.
Cindy sat down in the chair facing them looking at them in question just as Andrew and Derrick walked towards them.
"Seems like Salazar is really testing my patience," he murmured in thought.

"What did you say to him?" Greg asked T as Cindy looked at her showing more interest.
"Just did a minor rundown of his outfit which showed that someone had paid him a lot of money.
The man made the mistake of wearing the wrong oufit. Mixing a twenty five thousand dollar watch with a cheap suit can give the wrong impression especially if you are wearing Italian leather shoes," she said. "Also had to throw in a bit of law and taxing here and there as I told him I would make sure he was pinned down for tax evasion resulting in him being homeless and jobless," she said with a shrug.
"Wait was any of that true? Derrick asked.
"Well not all of it," she said with a smile just as Eli walked up to him murmuring something to him.
"Let's go," he said offering her his arm as she took it whilst he whispered into her ear.
"So full of surprises are we not?" He said giving her a look as she chuckled placing her other hand over his as they left the lounge.

Boarding the jet the crew greeted them with smiles as she greeted them back sighing in defeat as Greg didn't bother greeting them already thinking ahead.
"Don't be rude," she muttered in warning giving him a pinch as he released her arm looking at her in question.
Sighing she sat across from him as he looked at his phone.
"Can I get you anything before we take off?" A stewardess asked as he nodded his head no whilst T politely declined.

"I'm going to change into something more, comfortable," she said once they were in the air. "Maybe lay down to rest as well," she said feeling exhausted as he looked at her wearing a frown before responding in a low tone.
A few minutes later she felt his presence in the room as he moved around the room for a few minutes before she felt his arm around her as he pulled her back to him letting out a sigh of content as they both fell asleep.

—————

"Welcome to Miami sir," they heard an officer say interrupting the lunch they where having on the plane.

Upon landing he had informed the steward to serve them lunch as he didn't want to waste time going to a restaurant.
"Thank you. Is everything in order? I don't want any stops," he said.
"No stops sir. My men and I are prepared. I also too the liberty of having several in civilian clothing," he said as Greg nodded his head.
"You may leave us," he stated as he lifted a chip to his mouth as he looked at his family seeing everyone somewhat relaxed.

—————

Reaching Dominic's house his men opened the gate without question after taking care of Dominic's security.
A few stood antsy not really knowing what to do as his vehicle stopped in front of the house.
"Where is he?" He said removing the coat handing it over to the frightened housekeeper.
"He stepped out for a meeting Mr Rhymes," she stuttered.
Walking into his living room he sat down relaxing as a paper was handed over to him. The others were shown to the patio and served tea by the very same housekeeper as T wanted some fresh air.

"What the hell is going on here!" He heard the man yell as he came to a halt.
"And who are these lovely ladies?" He said watching T and Cindy walking into the room from the patio as his smile slightly faltered.

"Dominic, will you please shut up," they heard Gregory say as he folded his newspaper slowly.
"Gregory. To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" He said smiling.
"Sit," Gregory said pointing to a chair as Eli fastened a silencer to a handgun.

Placing a chair in front of the man Gregory stood rolling up his sleeves as he went to take the seat.
"Listen. Listen," he said his voice changing pitch. "We can talk like civilized people," he pleaded as Greg raised a finger silencing him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

796 20 13
"Leave me,I don't love you, I don't even like you. You and I are different. Look, think practically, I have my plans, my own freedom, my own way. So...
1.8K 143 35
The banging starts again but this time a lot louder. I can hear the girls screaming up stairs. I pick up my phone and dial 911. "Hello this is 911 wh...
6.6M 226K 34
"What a disappointment it's going to be for all of them to learn you are married." He looked up at me. "Rebecca-I didn't tell them-" "Stop." I smiled...
51.8K 6.8K 51
His face is leveled to mine and I can see tiny droplets of water on his face and lips as he draws closer to me, my anticipation is crazy as he moves...