Serendipity

By AnaMusicalMystic

Taekook au where a wannabe single father Taehyung gets in a beef with the 'modern royals' because supposedly... More

Serendipity
Siblings
Divulgence
Encounter
Impression
Good news(?)
Let's Pretend
Rumour has it
Glimpse of Serendipity
Epiphany
Partners
Cavalcade
Trepidation
Proximity
Fools in Love?
Shadows
Bitter-Sweet
Past and Future
Unknown
Union
Whispers
Random Serendipity Taekook
Amour
Visage

Family

235 15 4
By AnaMusicalMystic

T.w. Mentions fertility related terms, treatments, and other medical terms related to IVF. Also mentions a few other triggering medical possibilities.

1st September, Joana’s apartment:

"It would be better if you guys sit down for this one." Yoongi said with an unreadable tone and expression.

“What do you mean Yoongi-ssi? What are these documents for?” the Knight asked cautiously.

“It seems like the princess made some 'extraordinary' donation. The letter and the contract attached together are to confirm that she is writing off any claims on the said donation and it seems she has signed it as well. And the second letter served as a reminder for her to submit this contract to the receiving party and it also mentions they have made a partial use of that donation.” Yoongi tried explaining, as calmly as possible. His breath was getting shallower as he was getting towards the center of the issue.

The prince smiled gently. Seemingly unbothered by the declaration. He commented, shaking his head fondly,

“Typical Jo. It’s okay hyung. She never cared about the money anyway. I knew she would definitely donate all of her money into some charity. Although, I am glad they used it for a good cause. Minhyuk-ssi, I would personally like to thank them and contribute some more.”

“That is not possible, Kook. It is not a materialistic donation. It is a biological one.”

“Like her research samples?” Minhyuk asked.

“No, her own medical ones...” Yoongi said awkwardly.

“Like blood or body parts?” Kook questioned next worriedly.

"Umm...” Yoonhi inhaled deeply, “She has donated her eggs.”

“Eggs? Did you know she owned a poultry or something, Minhyuk-ssi?” Kook asked the Knight.

“Stop it Kook… It's not that… Pfft…She has donated her own eggs, as in 'ovum'. 'Female reproductive cells' as the contract mentions. It is something out of which a baby can be born if fertilised by a sperm. She has donated it to some person named Dr Kim Taehyung. Who might be one of her colleagues, as the letters are posted in the same institute’s envelopes where she used to work. It could be for research purposes, at least I hope.” Yoongi said in a stretch, being frustrated with his inability to explain.

There was a brief silence for a minute or two. But soon the prince bounce out of the couch and almost shouted, “Then what do you mean they have used the donation partially?” 

“The letter says, the person mentioned have sent the eggs for ‘in vitro fertilization’ and might forward them for ‘implantation’ if they get a strong ‘embryo’ out of the given samples. I don't exactly know what the technical terms mean, but I am sure they are probably making a human out of it.” Yoongi stated, calculating.

"You mean to say, there could be a little Jo in the making?" Kook asked lowly, sinking in the couch, while in process. 

Yoongi exhaled and said, "I guess so…"

XXXXX

Next day, at Dr. Kim Namjoon’s fertility clinic:

“And now we wait.” Dr Kim said.

“Wait? How long?” The curious scientist questioned.

“A week or so. But it all depends. If her hormone levels are low, we might have to wait some more for chemical confirmation of pregnancy. But the actual evidence of pregnancy we might get after four weeks. We could do a sonogram then. We might not get a clear picture at that point, but at least we would know that the embryonic sack has attached itself to the uterus successfully. It would still be considered as an embryo, till it is a few weeks old. The first trimester could be tricky. So I would say we don’t get our hopes too high. We could get two healthy embryos out of this batch, so we would be hoping for at least one of them to implant. Hey, are you nervous Taehyung?”

“Oh, no. Why would I be? I am just curious, like any other science experiment. The possibilities are endless.” Taehyung stated indifferently.

“It is not a science experiment Taehyung, it is a miracle of life. We are creating a life in the lab indeed, but nature still holds the greatest decision making power here. It decides which life would be blessed to be part of this world. And it’s your child, you cannot be seriously treating it like a lab experiment.” The doctor objected.

“But it is….” The scientist's words got cut by the doctor’s objection, once again.

“You look upto Einstein right?”

“Of course I do. He had one of the most gifted brains in the world.”

“Then remember what he said, there are two ways you can lead your life. One is, nothing is a miracle and the other is, everything is a miracle. I prefer to live by the second one, and that keeps me happy. What makes you happy Taehyung? That is the question.” Doctor peered. 

“There are plenty of things that make me happy…”

“Apart from telling people that they are less intelligent than you…”

“....”

“As I thought. Give this thing a chance, Tae, maybe you will find the real meaning of happiness.”

The scientist just shrugged.

XXXXX

Same day, Royal Palace:

“Are you sure about what this means? It could turn into a major scandal if it got out. I cannot afford that. Princess being against the monarchy was already the talk of the town, now she having a child with a commoner out of the wedlock, would blow up by 10 folds, even if it is through egg donation. This is a huge problem my queen. The person who has this contract signed, we know nothing about him. He has no social or internet presence outside his research citations. Who doesn't have social media in this age? He is so well hidden. He could claim the royal rights someday, I am afraid. We cannot let that happen.” Chung Sana, the PR and privacy advisor to the queen spoke.

“I understand your concern Ms. Chung. But the person in question doesn’t seem to know that the Princess was a royal. They even seemed to be in the dark about her demise, thus the memo for contract submission. If we could just post the contract to the given address, both the parties would be bound with a confidentiality agreement. And the surrogate or legal parent of the child would not be able to claim any rights. So I think we should not cause this person any more trouble and add into their desperation to reach out to the princess.” Yoongi advised.

“But what if they are using it for some kind of experimentation? We cannot allow them to use royal blood like that, especially for our beloved princesses. My Queen, why are you not saying anything? You have not reacted to this news since yesterday…” Minhyuk intervened.

The queen smiled sadly,  and spoke for the first time since the news broke,

“I don't know how I should react to it as the queen, Sir Minhyuk, but as a grandmother I am overwhelmed, knowing there is a possibility that there could be my great-grandchild in the process of coming to life. And it shares a part of my Joana’s. My sweet, gentle Joana, who is no longer with me. I know she hated the royalty with all her might, but she loved me, so much. And I love her even more. So pardon me for losing myself to my emotions for the first time since my coronation. I always put my royal duties ahead of everything, but forgive me this time, for choosing to be a grandmother first. I do have my opinions, but I guess not all of you would be happy with it. Anyway, call Jungkook, Yoongi-ah, I have a mission for him.”

XXXXX

Friday evening, Seokjin and Hoseok's penthouse:

Taehyung fiddled with the white chrysanthemum bouquet while he waited for the door to open. When Jin opened it, Taehyung literally shoved those flowers in his brother's open arms (which were actually opened to hug him), dusting his clothes for any remnant polan. He quickly cleaned his palms with the disinfectant wipes that he was readily carrying. He walked straight to the living space where the air-purifier was situated, leaving Jin to close the door and walk back to him, on his own.

"I am doing good Taetae, thanks for asking. Good to see you after so many days, how are you doing?" Jin asked sarcastically. 

"I just came home hyung, look at you attacking me with your sarcasm. While you, yourself didn't even say thanks for the flowers." Taehyung took a jibe.

Jin being the sass king he was, answered, "Oh yeah, the flowers! They are beautiful Taehyung, if only you were going for a funeral. I would have said thanks if I was lying in a coffin." 

"What do you even mean? And where is Hoseokie hyung?" Taehyung asked, still clueless. 

"He is out to pick up the food. And about these flowers, they are meant to be offered on sad occasions you duffus! Like funerals. I bet you didn't know, just like any other 'human customs'. Right?" Jin taunted.

"There are flowers dedicated for different occasions? What kind of time do people have  on their hands, to remember all these things? I just asked the florist to pack the one that looked good, cost effective and less allergenic to me. It's efficient, you know?"

Sighing deeply Jin turned towards his 'blessed' brother once more, "It's okay Tae. Don't worry about it. Thank you for coming by the way, I am glad you could make it. I also had invited dad, but he said he would rather rest, as usual. But Joonie would be joining us. He is finally bringing his girlfriend. I wish someday you would also do the same." Jin said hopefully.

"You know hyung, I don't have time for fornication. It's just too much effort for simple reproductive advantage. And anyway now I am having a progeny of my own, so why work unnecessarily?" The 'scientist' stated.

"Ugh… it's not just about sex and producing babies Dr Kim Taehyung. We discussed this so many times. What about companionship, love?" The elder was starting to worry that his brother would be lonely forever even when it was clear his life would be better with some human attachment. 

He had seen Tae sulk unknowingly when he and Hoseok had to say no to his plans due to their commitments with each other.  Or when he would be in need of some cuddles after a long day, but both him and Hoseok are busy. Or when Tae needed a hug when he 'clearly' denied needing it. Or when he needed to speak about the emotions he 'clearly' denied having. He kept hanging around them whenever he felt lonely, using an excuse that 'he needed exposure to different ecosystems to enhance his immunity, and the hyungs were his safest option as he knew they were hygienic.' Jin knew he needed company, but they couldn't be the ones he needs all the time.

No, Taehyung wasn't a burden for him or Hoseok. They both loved him dearly. But they both knew they cannot give the attention he needs, once they start a family of their own.  Both of them wanted to experience parenthood. And their 'younger' kid would definitely need more attention than this fully grown 'baby'. They knew how sulky this 'elder baby' becomes when they shift their attention to anyone else, even Namjoon. Even when Namjoon was a responsible adult himself. Also now, there might be a baby on its way, Taehyung's own. Which would need Taehyung to grow up and grow some empathy.

As godfather of that baby, Jin was praying with all his heart and soul that by the time it was born, it should have at least one 'sane' and 'grown up' parent figure in its life. Else they were doomed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 90.7K 40
[COMPLETED] ❝He's been gone for years, but now, he's back - like heavy rain, all so suddenly.❞ Twenty-two year old, Lee Kyungmin doe...
34.4K 3.2K 29
- When Taehyung agreed to marry into the Jeon family, he had no idea that Jungkook was part of that. - It's been five years since Jungkook and his f...
332K 19.8K 26
Yoongi has one friend and absolutely no interest in making any others. Insisting that Namjoon is all he needs, he spends his days hiding peacefully i...
99.9K 3.3K 49
Warning! This is 21+ years of age. Includes: bad language, abuse, sexual content, and death. A girl named y/n l/n was just a normal girl but the...