That Day, That Guy (제이) JAY E...

By hjjssjn_

A Jay FF wherein... Kyra is the perfect girl everyone wanted her to be. But what about her? What does she rea... More

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
Sixth
Seventh
Eighth
Ninth
Tenth
Eleventh
Twelfth
Fourteenth
Fifteenth
Sixteenth
Seventeeth
Eighteenth
Nineteenth
Twentieth
Twenty First
Twenty Second
Twenty Third
Twenty Fourth

Thirteenth

18 3 30
By hjjssjn_

CW//cursing, contains messages or / and replies
————————————————

Thirteenth;
"Avoiding Reasons."

I laughed, in an unsure way. "Hello, dad..." I replied. He sighed deeply and leaned on the railings. He was quiet then. He did not say anything after the greeting, Just that.

The following days were hell. Midterms is near and everybody was busy as hell. As (the new) usual, I was always with Vera. No Jay, nor Sunghoon around me. They would literally avoid me.

"Crazy bitch! Give that to me! I worked hard for that!" Vera yelled but I just stuck my tongue out, still dancing with her project. "I am not joking right now, Kyra Gu! Give 'em back!" I still laughed but eventually gave it to her later.

Jay was so distant. So so distant. And the other day, I saw him with a girl. I was envious. I was jealous. But what can I do? I don't know the reason. Or am I just oblivious just like Vera told me? Was I?

"You're really dense... so- oblivious!" She said while shaking her head. I just pouted and replied, "Why so mean? I don't know okay?! Does he... not like me as a friend anymore? Even just a friend?" She laughed sarcastically, I pouted more.

After midterms, Sunghoon finally approached me. "Hey wanna eat lunch together?" My eyes sparkled. "Really?!" I asked back with puppy eyes. He just laughed and patted my head, then we ate out snacks. I was told that Vera was sick so we're (Sunghoon and I) together now.

"Ky! Canteen?" I nodded and grabbed his arms. "Let's go, Sunghoonie!" He looked at me weirdly. "It's a new nickname." I winked while saying that and finally grabbed him to the cafeteria.

When we came back to the classroom, we talked. He shared his experiences in figure skating and telling me stories about his trainings. I just listened since I have nothing to share that's interesting. My life's boring until they came.

I also didn't ask about why he avoided me, I just enjoyed the moment. Because I know that once Vera is back on school, he'll avoid me again. Or so I thought?

"Cupcake, I'm back!" I jolted at the sudden voice behind me and saw her with her bag and some books on her arm. "Oh my god!" I jumped and hugged her. "H-hey... choking, not breathing!" I laughed and let go of the hug. "Sorry, got excited..." I stated and helped her with her books. "Hello!"

"Macarena! Why are you coming out all of the sudden?!" I yelled at Sunghoon but quickly fixed my posture when I earned gazes and he— they laughed at me. I glared at both Sunghoon and Vera. "Oops... my bad." I rolled my eyes at that.

In the past few days, the three of us got closer and then... we just hang out with each other. Vera being the loud girl, Sunghoon the mysterious but, BUT a tease, and me, just me.

"Yah! Bitchie, gimme that!" She grabbed my bag of chips and started munching, not sharing it with me anymore (when I was the one to bought it). "Where's the school's self proclaimed visual?" She asked and turned her head on me, while I was cleaning the cheesy powders from my fingers. "I don't know. He didn't inform me if he's not attending classes today..." I replied and went on my seat. She just pouted and sat on her seat too.

Sunghoon has been extra hardworking and focused on his figure skating these days. He said that he wanted to win the competition. I don't know if he has something to prove to himself or to anyone but I see that he's really serious with this one.

On the other side... Apparently, Mr. Park 2 has still been avoiding me. Since the party, my birthday party, he was then, distant to me. I tried reaching out to him, greeting him and even texting him but he would just reply short messages and dismiss me.

But still the best memory of my life... it still lived with me, I still think about it every night. That memory... I was with him. No, he was the reason why I had those memories in the first place.

"Now class, if the dogs barks, and the hyenas laughs, what about the elephant?" Many students raised their hands, some were serious but mostly was making fun of the lecturer, taking the question as a joke since our lecturer was half laughing. "Okay... okay... how about the fox?" My brain logged out from class and flew.

"Class dismissed." Everyone stood up, even Vera was rushing outside. I just sat there, mind was blank. I sighed and just ate my lunch, alone. "People are mean these days..." I whispered and took a bite again.

I hate being alone.

The next weeks went normally (not really) and everything was fine. Sunghoon finally had the guts to bring us to his training sessions. And he was hella good! He's a pro! He did some of those hard-to-pull-off tricks. He's just shy because his co-trainees were mostly girls.

"You did well!" I yelled at him while he was skating, showing him a thumb's up. He looked down shyly when the other girls looked at him. Vera laughed hard and cheered too. "You better do good because I skipped my job for today to watch ya ass perform!" Sunghoon then stumbled at her voice. "What did I told you- aish!" Vera nagged while he got on his feet.

"Vera stop!" I slapped her arms and looked at Sunghoon. "Hey! Don't push yourself! You'll do good!" I cheered on him. He smiled a little and continued training.

Afterwards, he got out of the rink and flicked his fingers to Vera's forehead. "Karma when you slipped! Aish! It hurts..." she grunted and shot him a glare. I just shook my head and grabbed my phone. "Yah! What was that for?!" Vera asked me after the flash and clicking sound.

"For blackmail purposes. Anyways... let's take a photo!" I winked and raised my camera. Vera's mouth are agape, showing her tongue while Sunghoon just smiled a little and showed a peace sign with his hands that still has gloves on. I posed with a wink and a little smirk.

"I need those for my IG story. Send it to me." She said so I nodded and passed her the photo, also to Sunghoon. We posted it on each other's instagram and laughed when Vera got a lot of funny comments like why is she hanging out with a handsome boy and me, jokingly.

And then a day came. The day that I've been waiting for almost a couple of months now. He approached me.

It was almost 3 and I just took a stroll around the campus alone since I'm kinda bored and the bodyguards weren't around. My classes today were all quizzes and pretests so it was cut earlier (since I finished mine early, they're pretty easy actually) than usual. While waiting for them, I just walked around and looked at the buildings and classrooms and stuffs. Until a hand pulled me to the old garden.

My cousin's name was hanging up the sign as we entered the old place. He took a deep breath first before looking at me in the eye, but later avoided it. "L-long time no see?" I greeted, still shocked. "I don't want to waste this time I had with you." He said straightly, but his lips trembled a bit.

"Do you know why I avoided you?" That was a question I never thought to hear from him. I quickly shook my head. "W-why did you?" He took a deep sigh before replying to me. "Y-your father and I t-talked at your birthday, Ky..."

I gaped.

"And he said that Sunghoon would be better for you. He did not hurt me or said bad things about me... he said simple things. But it hurts for me." I don't know what to say or how to react at the fact that Dad talked to Jay and how Jay cared so much about us. "I've always liked you, Ky." He said frustratingly yet slowly.

It shook my heart. H-he did? He was breathing heavily while looking down before meeting my eyes to say it again, now more calm and true. "I like you, Kyra." I was just gaping there, being not capable of understanding his words at the moment, at the same time, accepting it.

"I want to prove it to him that I will be better. Even better than Sunghoon... for you. But whenever I saw you with him... it just make me lose my confidence. Because I know he's better and he'll do good for y—" I cut him off by putting both of my hands on his cheeks, pressing them a little.

"I like you too."

Faster than a speeding bullet, I said that. His face screamed surprise. He removed my hands and looked away. But I put them back there and turned his head to look at me. Then he pouted a bit. "L-let me continue! I practiced this for 2 nights, a'ight?!" He nagged but I just laughed and pinched his cheeks.

"Why would you prepare so much when you are just saying what you feel?" I asked and giggled when he pouted more. "This isn't how I planned it to be!" He said and held my hands (off his cheeks) but he can't remove them.

"Why? What's your plan, huh?" I interrogated and pressed his cheeks more. "You'll avoid me more, am I right?!" He nodded a little and looked away.

[a/n: imagine his face being squished by you, and him, looking away cutely— NAUR!! 🥺😭]

"I always get jealous when you spend your time with him. So now... I just thought of confessing to you, then don't talk to you again." He confessed after I let his cheeks go. I laughed big time. "Childish, mister Park!" He pouted and looked at me, upset. "But I like the way you said you're jelly..."

"Yah!"

I laughed before hugging him. "Do you really like me?" I asked through the hug, he chuckled (shakily) a bit, and I felt him nodded before replying. "I do. But do you?" I quickly pulled myself from his embrace and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Yes."

"Kyra, wake up!"

—————————

A filler chapter.

HEYYYY! I'm sorryyy😭😭😭

Okay it's a prank! ㅎㅎㅎ
Sorry for being mean 😆

—————————

I jolted up from my seat when I heard Vera calling me in low voice. W-was that a dream? "You've been asleep for 20 minutes now. The librarian will scold us if she sees this. It's so strange.." she pouted a little. That was a dream... argh!

"You came here later than me when you got out of the classroom earlier than me, then you were just smiling and slept." She explained. D-dude... IT WAS TRUE?! Jay... he... HE CO- "And now she's spacing out again!" She exclaimed quietly. I pouted at her.

"Now... care to share what happened?" She raised her brows at me but I just chuckled a bit and signed her that I'm going to the restroom. I don't feel like talking after waking up.

Later, I returned to the table and found her already with Sunghoon and... Jay? "H-hey..." I called them out and Vera just looked at me teasingly, raising his brow up and down. "Sit, weirdo!" Sunghoon said in low voice and pulled me to sit in between him and Jay.

"U-uhhh... I think I need to go. See ya'll later!" I widen my eyes at her when she stood up and kept her things. "No, you don't!" I told her but I just earned a lot of shushes. Damn this girl... aish!

🧁 Vera 🧁

Great! Now I'm stuck with these two.

😙

I just opened my book and studied casually, on the inside, my heart beats so fast.

Few days have passed and Vera already knew everything about me and Jay. Well, except to that other best friend of mine. We still hang out with each other though, but I mostly excuse my self from them to meet Jay at the old garden.

"Hey... how long have you been waiting here?" I smiled and asked him. He was just waiting patiently while looking at the old pots. "Not so long. Come..." he called and lend his hands, I took it and sat beside him.

"Is it too early?" He suddenly asked and it made me confused. "What do you mean? Early for what?" I asked back and looked at his mesmerizing visuals while he was looking at the front, the sun's ray hits his face and it shined on his eyes.

Beautiful...

His defined jaw was at view, his pointy nose, the way he blinks gracefully, his lips, he's... too perfect. How could a guy who's caring, smart, handsome, kind, and a lot more, like me? What have I done to have this guy to simp over me? I just wish that this moment would never end... Just me and him, free at this moment.

I realized that when he took me to that unknown place, I felt free because I was with him. Not because I wasn't around my bodyguards or the spy student (who turned to be my friend now). Wherever I am... if I'm with him, I am free.

"To ask you to be my girlfriend?"

It took me by surprise. "I... uh..." I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAYYY, WTF?! "You don't need to answer. It's just... I recently discovered to my self that I want you to be mine." He said and smiled to me. He held my hand that was resting on the old fountain's mouth, and squeezed it a bit.

"Uhm... yeah maybe. Maybe a little early? I think I should tell my parents about this first. And well, uh... Sunghoon." I said, hesitating. I don't really know how to respond but I realized that I can't be in a relationship with him without letting my parents know about this. And my fiancé.

Is this even right? I want to be someone else's girlfriend when I already had a fiancé. But I can't ever tell Jay about this. I don't want to.

"Hey Jay..." I called out, he responded with a hum, he was quiet after my reply. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

—————————

HELLO! HAHAH sorry abt earlier 🥲 alsoo this is just a filler chapter. :">

I'm sorry for ghosting for more than two weeks :-(( I've been busy with school. Don't worry I'll try to write faster.

I think that's all (?) noo! Thank you for reading and waiting for this book. I promise that I will finish this. It may take long but I will finish this book. I won't leave you guys hanging.

I also keep on rewriting my Jungwon FF's plot because I felt not satisfied with it. No promises with me, publishing that book here in watty but I will try.

I hope you enjoy this chap (even if it's short) and do vote. I will be beyond happy with a single vote. That's all for today, have a good dayy!💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 2.5K 38
"I will stay with you forever." A girl, blinded at a young age, meets a boy that will love and care for her for the rest of her life without knowing...
13.1K 865 47
"I like you! is that what you wanted to hear?"-Jake A tragic incident leads to a huge fight between two bestfriends..they moved away in the hope of n...
13.6K 728 41
a story where a girl who wants to learn how to move on because of her serious attachment on him. Then suddenly went back of time and changes everythi...
9.4K 291 15
Just what the title says:) Requests are allowed and appreciated. This is purely a work of fiction. Do not mix up reality with this. Some chapters mi...