UNKNOWN | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 4)

By ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNTOLD) UNRAVEL book 4: When darkness envelopes Aine Estoileon's eyes, she sees throug... More

[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]

[ 38 ]

20 0 0
By ixfixite_

A couple of weeks later, the weather had become warmer and Spring was arriving. The winter spirit had passed and the grounds of Hogwarts were now radiating with colours. Flowers began to bloom after sleeping past the cool season and even the Whomping Willow had started to grow leaves once more, further labelling itself as a dangerous magical plant now that it has blade-like leaves all over its branches.

Students stood sprawled across the huge room that they had required, wands at the ready as they attempted the Patronus Charm. Harry and Aine were sifting their way through the mass, assisting their friends. "Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember! And allow it to fill you up!" he states, nodding to his fellow Gryffindor in acknowledgement when he conjured a silver whip from his wand. "Keep trying, Seamus!"

Aine glanced between the Weasley twins who had smacked their lips, tense but excited at the same time, "Alright, Georgie. Your turn now," she directed. 

George swallowed as he stared at the air, hesitantly before Aine spoke again, "You can do it!" she cheered.

Gathering his courage after putting his hesitation behind him. He said clearly, "Expecto Patronum!" and the familiar wispy light emerged from his wand, hissing very softly. 

"You did it!" she beams, clapping with joy before the light faded away. 

It wasn't too bad for the first time, he thought to himself. With a little more practice, he was sure that he would be able to conjure a non-corporeal form of Patronus. He turns to Fred who patted his shoulders before they share a high-five. Then, he tried again.

Aine pumped her fist, encouraging her friends before she moves past them to her peers to help them out. "A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce," she stresses, approaching Ginny who was feeling very inspired. 

Harry continued, giving them glimpses of hope that they could cast their full Patronus, "But shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents!" He stops in his tracks for a moment as his attention draws to the red-headed girl who confidently spoke the incantation.

The girls around Ginny burst out into awe when a horse emerged from her non-corporeal form of Patronus, neighing valiantly as it shook its mane, galloping around the room. "Wow, that was really good!" he commented and the girl smirked at her Patronus, fascinated by it.

"Fantastic, Ginny!" Aine chimed, happy for her friend. 

"This is bloody awesome!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused!" Harry reminded, stopping at his Ravenclaw friend who stood silently. "So focus, Luna!"

"Think of the happiest thing you can," Harry advised Neville, watching his friend create some silver shreds of light.

"I'm... Trying," Neville tells him, still feeling slightly demoralised by his skills. 

Harry smiled at him, nodding his head. "I know. It's good!" he praises.

"This is really advanced stuff, guys. You're doing so well!" Aine applauded, she could see that one by one, her friends were getting the hang of it. Almost half of the class had managed to conjure a full Patronus and various guardians had danced around the Room of Requirement. She beams happily, sharing Harry and her other friends' delight in watching them succeed.

"Expecto Patronum!"

"Oh no..." Ron panics, trying to control his Patronus as it ran wild, knocking Neville off his feet before playing with Hermione's Patronus. 

Aine's eyes drifted to the silvery blue animals around her— Hermione's Patronus was an otter, swimming around the brunette girl as it gurgles enthusiastically, Ron's was a Jack Rusell terrier dog, Ginny's a majestic horse and her older brothers both share the same Patronus, a pair of magpie birds, Seamus's was a fox. As the girl turns around to check on her dreamy friend at the corner, she saw that Luna too, had accomplished conjuring her own guardian and it had been a hare who had bounced and hopped across their heads.

There were giggles and gasps spread across the room, everyone was in great spirits; cheering loudly and clapping with astonishment and wonder. Aine couldn't help but feel a little proud of all of them that her lips were curled to the very ends of her cheeks, unable to stop herself from smiling like a fool. Today's class was no doubt a memorable one as everyone had so much fun and to see her friends' ebullience, made her happy too.

But Aine's happiness fell short when a loud groan interrupted their practice and her smile immediately dropped as she clutched onto her wand as a reflex. She slowly turned to the reflective wall where the entrance of the room used to be before a massive mirror had covered it after they had all entered the Room of Requirement. 

The glass chandelier twinkled above them, the crystals swaying dangerously as they clinked together. Lights began to flicker and the flames from the fireplace diminished as another round of rumble vibrated the room. Aine met Hermione's worried face and the last Patronus slowly faded away into thin air. 

"What the hell is going on?" Seamus questions, puzzled.

"Earthquake?" Dean answered back, looking around the room as tiny rocks and dust was crumbling from the cracks of the walls, pattering down like hail. All of them gathered together in the centre of the room, staring at the hidden entrance.

Thump!

It felt like someone was stomping their way here.

Thump! 

There goes Aine's heart pounding loudly, she steps in front of her friends, standing next to Harry and Nigel. They stared at their own reflections and an unnerving sensation creeps down their spine.

"W... W- What's happening..?" Nigel asks, growing anxious and befuddled. He gulps, holding onto his wand as if clinging for dear life in a battle.

Thump!

The world around Aine trembled again and a high-pitched titter could be heard on the other side of the wall and the mirror started to crack. The small crack started spider-webbing across the entire glass before shattering in front of Aine and her friends. The sudden destruction sent everyone on edge as they pointed their wands to the exposed stoned wall instinctively. 

The shards scattered across her shoes and she glanced back up into the little triangle-shaped hole in the wall. Aine glares straight at the void as Nigel cautiously stalks towards it, Harry skulking from behind. He places a hand on the younger boy's shoulders as they bent their necks to see through it.

On the other side of the wall was none other than Professor Umbridge, her icy blue eyes curled menacingly. "I'll make short work of this!" she snarled.

Aine's eyes widened when she saw Umbridge raising her wand, pointing straight towards them. Panicked, she quickly rushed forward, pulling the two boys back as she heard the High Inquisitor titter sweetly, "Bombarda. Maxima!" 

The wall exploded apart, sending rocks and debris flying at the group. "NO!" the girl yells and without hesitation, Aine threw a shield across the room. "PROTEGO!" she cast alongside Hermione and Ron. The translucent charm protects them from being hit by rubble and glass.

Aine's ears rang and she squinted at the group that stomped in, her vision was still fuzzy from the explosion and when she came to herself, she realized that she had been thrown back to the ground from saving the boys earlier. She blinked back her confusion as Ginny and Luna helped her up to her feet while Fred and George stood protectively in front of the girls.

She peeks through the gaps of her friends and is met with Umbridge's furious glare. She could see steam coming out from her red face as if she was about to burst with rage. Surrounded by the woman was Filch who glowered with the members of the Inquisitorial Squad: Crabbe, Goyle, Bulstrode, Montague, Warrington, mostly Slytherin students. From the corner, she saw Pansy Parkinson with a smug look, strutting into the picture, her grasp holding onto Cho Chang.

Cho's face hung down with guilt and shame as she peered up for a second, tears breaming in her eyes. 

Aine did wonder where her Ravenclaw senior had been today, noting that she hadn't seen her during the meeting earlier. She thought that perhaps the older girl had been sick and that she had told Harry about her absence. She did notice that they shared a little spark between them after all but judging from Harry's shock, it seemed otherwise. When Cho looked at her, Aine's eyes softened when she saw through her mind.

Umbridge had forced her to tell the whereabouts of their little group with a potion Aine knew all too well— Veritaserum, the truth-telling potion.

Her thoughts broke when Umbridge barked, "Get them!" 

Still shaken, Aine's knees wobbled when Pansy strutted towards her, grabbing her forcibly and shoving her to Umbridge who sneered down at her. "You are so screwed, Estoileon," Pansy whispered to her, grinning as though she had won.

"Oh, shut up, Parkinson..." Aine breathed, rolling her eyes.

Umbridge jerked to her minions, ordering them to bring Harry, Cho and Aine with her while a couple of them remained in the Room of Requirement, looking over the other members of Dumbledore's Army. She then bound the two leaders' wrists with an invisible rope, tightening it with her wand before turning her heels, and leading the way.

Pansy nudges Aine to walk while scowling at Harry who shot her a death stare. "I'll take her," said a voice from the Inquisitorial Squad.

It was Draco. He pretended to plaster on a cold expression before glaring at Harry who rolled his eyes, walking ahead with Cho. All emotions seemed to have disappeared from Draco when he glanced at Aine, making her frown at his actions. Pansy smirked at the girl, realizing that she was in deep trouble. She shrugged and pushes Aine into Draco's possession, then she sashays away to her group to oversee the other students left behind.

When Draco came to his realization that they were alone. He gazed at Aine with worried eyes, softening up and throwing his facade away like a snap of a finger. They continued walking to avoid suspicions as Umbridge had turned around to make sure they were following her orders. When the pink woman was not looking, Draco takes his wand out and loosened the magically created rope around Aine's hand. She winced, feeling the rough rope scratching into her wrists before they were free, allowing her to move her limbs better.

"Thank you," she whispered, thankful. Draco gave her a small smile, secretly holding her hand to give her strength. 

He eyed Aine's forehead, there was a tiny cut above her brows and he sighed, "You're bleeding!"

Aine brought her hand to her head, finding the back of her hand glossed with blood. "Oh," she muttered, not even surprised. She must have gotten it from all the flying rocks when Umbridge had blasted the entrance open earlier. "It's fine. Don't worry... I'm okay, Draco," she reassures him but the boy continued to sulk.

"You could have gotten hurt even more..." he said, anger mixed in his hushed voice. He muttered, "What was she thinking busting through the wall with such a dangerous spell!"

Aine simpered at his concern and he gave her a deadpanned look. "This isn't funny, Aine. I'm serious."

She tapped onto his hands, lacing her fingers in his. "Thank you for worrying about me, love."

Draco gave up, he couldn't resist fighting against her. He exhaled through his nose and pulls her close. "I was so worried when I saw Umbridge interrogating Chang. I should have done something to stop it..." he said, apologetic. He wanted to cause a diversion earlier before allowing Umbridge and her group to storm into the Room of Requirement but it was already too late when she had gotten the answers from Cho.

Aine shook her head, "It wasn't your fault, Draco," she tells him. There was nothing he could do to stop her anyways and even if he did, things would have gone sideways anyway. It was only a matter of time before they were caught and Aine was grateful that Draco wasn't there when they were exposed. She couldn't risk him getting hurt too.

By the time they had reached Dumbledore's office, Aine exchanged looks with Harry. Fearing the worst, they prepared themselves. Harry swallowed, his eyes darting across the Headmaster's office as Umbridge appeared with Cornelius Fudge, John Dawlish, an Auror alongside a familiar face, Kingsley Shacklebolt. He squinted at Harry and Aine, puzzled to find them both there. Then, from behind, a scrawny young gentleman followed them. 

As soon as he had entered the office, he whipped to Aine and Harry who looked at each other, then to Draco who was glaring daggers behind Aine. "What are you doing here?" Harry questions Percy Weasley. 

"None of your business," Percy coldly replies, nodding to Fudge as he went to Harry and Cho, holding them so they don't run. "You all best be on your good behaviour and not do anything foolish or try to escape," he warns.

"As if we'll try," Aine sarcastically replied. Only a fool will try to act out in front of the Ministry officials and though she knows that she could be reckless. Aine knew when it was right to be and when to stay put obediently. Percy eyes her in her place, head-to-toe before meeting the girl's raised brow.

"Watch it, Weasley," Draco cautions. He was hating the look he was giving Aine.

Percy snaps back, "Mind your attitude, Malfoy."

Umbridge began to rebuke the revelations she had found about Dumbledore's secret Army to Fudge. His expression began to darken severely, shooting at the children in disbelief at their actions. Dumbledore, however, remained calm in his seat. He listened to their findings, leaning forward to his clasped hands. Occasionally, he would drift to Harry and Aine as if trying to understand their actions.

Aine could feel Dumbledore's attention on her, staring straight into her eyes, wanting to pry through her mind to look at all of her thoughts. He hides his grin behind his hands when he realizes that Aine was preventing him from intruding. 

Severus taught her well...

He stood up midway after discovering the parchment that was in Umbridge's hand. She had passed on the list of names to Fudge who had scanned through it, his displeasure increasing greatly. 

Dumbledore tore away his half-moon glasses and gave a deep long sigh, turning to look at Harry now.

"Been watching them for weeks. And see, 'Dumbledore's Army'! Proof of what I've been telling you right from the beginning, Cornelius!" Umbridge tattles to her boss.

"All your fear-mongering about You-Know-Who... Never fooled us for a minute!" she calls out Dumbledore, further accusing him. "We saw your lies for what they were: A smokescreen for your bid to seize control of the Ministry!"

Aine scoffed at her professor, "It wasn't exactly a lie, is it?" she remarked quietly. Ever since last year, she and Harry had been telling nothing but truths on the Dark Lord's return. Despite their struggles to get the message across, the Ministry still deems it as a false claim, looking away from what needed to be brought to light.

"Naturally," Dumbledore said calmly.

"No, professor! He had nothing to do with it!" Harry interjected, alarmed by the accusation that he had gotten his Headmaster into. "It was me! And Aine!" 

"Most noble of you two, Harry, Aine— to shield me. But as has been pointed out, the parchment clearly says 'Dumbledore's Army'," Dumbledore announced. He shook his head at the two leaders, "— Not 'Potter's', or 'Estoileon's'. I have instructed Harry and Aine to form this organization. And for that... I, and I alone, am responsible for its activities," he cleared up.

Aine bit her lips, trying to see past the real reason why Dumbledore was covering for them. However, her Headmaster simply gave her a kind smile causing her to be even more dumbfounded. "You will release those children, for they have not sinned. And you will not hurt them either," he ruled.

Umbridge's lips parted, wanting to interfere but Kingsley Shacklebolt had beaten over her, "We will not harm the children. You have my word," he swore. Dumbledore nodded to him and the man mirrored his actions. 

Fudge slides the paper of the list of names of students under Dumbledore's Army into his inner coat pocket before declaring to his colleagues. "Dispatch an owl to the Daily Prophet! If we hurry, we should still make the morning edition. Dawlish, Shacklebolt, you will escort Dumbledore—" he pauses, his eyes narrowing at the Headmaster before continuing.  "—to Azkaban, to await trial for conspiracy and sedition."

Umbridge was the first to show her elation and satisfaction at her boss's orders. Things were falling into her hands exactly as how she had played out. She wanted to reign over Hogwarts, so she suggested being placed as a High Inquisitor of the school, but Albus Dumbledore was still Headmaster. Hence, forbidding her to perform certain actions. Now that he had been demolished of his title and potentially an offender, the role of Headmaster will soon be hers. She giggles happily, her bright pink lips curling sinisterly as she imagined herself sitting on the throne of her school.

Aine cringed at her thoughts, fighting every urge to retort with a remark that could possibly have her expelled right there and then.

"I thought we might hit this little snag," Dumbledore pointed, standing back to his feet from his table as the Ministry officers circled him. "You seem to be labouring under the delusion that I'm going to... What was the phrase?" he pondered. "Come quietly..."

Fudge and Umbridge's faces fell at the movements of the wise wizard. "Well, I can tell you this: I have no intention of going to Azkaban." 

"ENOUGH OF THIS!" Umbridge shrieks, her face reddening by the second that was nearly fully pink, matching the colour of her outfit. "TAKE HIM!" she commanded.

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled, twitching at Aine and Harry as a smirk crept onto his face. Then, from the corner of his office, his phoenix, Fawkes flew right to his aid with a loud screech. With a loud booming clap, the Headmaster was set ablaze by the phoenix's flames. The extraordinary power sent everyone staggering backwards as they shut their eyes from the blinding fire that was the mighty force of Dumbledore. 

When Aine opened her eyes, Albus Dumbledore and Fawkes had disappeared. There was nothing but ashes and embers left behind along with a group of students who had marvelled at their Headmaster's powers, even Draco was too stunned to speak. 

He gently pulled Aine up, picking the tiny bit of ash out of her hair as he smiled at her. "That was pretty impressive," he whispered and she chuckles.

"Well, you may not like him, minister... But you can't deny, Dumbledore has got style," Kingsley cooed. He shook the ashes that had fallen on his hat and he smirked, visibly impressed unlike the rest of his acquaintances who had fallen silent, enraged.

He then directed his attention to the students and with a friendly grin, he pointed out, "I think you guys can go now. Business is finished. Thank you for your cooperation, Potter, Estoileon, Chang, Malfoy," he nodded to them. "You can let them go now, Percy," he instructed the red-headed boy who reluctantly releases his hold on the two students.

"THEY ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!" Umbridge screams in a fit, she huffed over to them but Fudge stops her. 

"Dolores, enough! We are done here! Let us be finished," he clicks his tongue, disdain cemented all over his face. He watches as Harry and Cho excused themselves before Aine and Draco followed from behind.

"Estoileon," he calls out to Aine and the girl stops in her tracks, glancing around at him. 

"Yes, sir?" she answered.

His eyes fixed on Draco before diverting to the wound above Aine's brow. He pursed his lips, "Get yourself patched up before you go back to your common rooms," he stated, pointing to her gashed forehead.

"It's just a small cut, for goodness sake!" Umbridge fusses from behind, her hand on her hips.

Fudge tut-tutted at her, hinting at Umbridge to drop her behaviour.

Aine smiled at them all, "I will, sir. Right away!" she replies.

The Minister returned her a forced chuckle before trailing to Draco and he signalled the boy, "Would you be so kind to follow her, Malfoy?"

"It would be my greatest pleasure, Minister," the boy replied and the two went on bidding all of them goodbye before hurriedly rushing out of the office to the Hospital Wing.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Draco playing both sides is such a thrill to write! What do you guys think about it? Let me know! ^^

- Zeneria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1.4K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...
188K 5.6K 32
~ Year two ~ Warning; this is the second book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
298K 8K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...
1.1K 90 34
*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNVEIL) UNRAVEL book 3: Now, as things have started to change, the challenges Aine had faced in her second year at Hogwarts we...