Can it be? | Pansy Parkinson

By imlesbish

Anna Potter is starting her fifth year alongside her brother after an eventful fourth year. She goes to the... More

Cast
Prologue
Prologue part 2
I- Dementors?!
II- 12 Grimmauld Place
III- The hearing
IV- Dolores Umbridge
V- Detention
VI- Pansy Parkinson
VII- Thankfulness
VIII- Theodore Nott
IX- Granger
X- Hogsmeade
XI- Ditched again
XII- Merging?
XIII- Halloween
XIII- Quidditch game
XV- Families
XVI- Bright future?
XVII- Twins' things
XVIII- Last meeting before Christmas
XIX- Three Broomstick
A/N
XX- Christmas gifts
XXI- Train rides
XXII- Cooking&Panic
XXIII- St. Mungo's
XXIV- Christmas
XXV- Arguments
XXVI- News
XXVII-Defense
XXVIII- Breakout
XXIX- Screw Politics
XXX- Lonely Valentines
XXXI- Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
XXXII- Discovered truth
XXXIII- Slytherin Love
XXXIV- Drunken Mistakes
XXXV- Alone in our rooms
XXXVI- Talk
XXXVII- Confrontation
XXXVIII- First date
XXXIX- Sweet nothings
XL- Taking the cup home
XLI- Weasley departure
XLII- Late night confessions
XLIII- Astronomy O.W.L
XLIV- History of Magic O.W.L.
XLV- Crucial prank
XLVI- Department of Mystery
XLVII- Battle at the Ministry of Magic
XLVIII- Prophecies ruin lives
So it is
Cast II
I - William Magrath
II - Horace Slughorn
III- Old Friends
O.W.L.s results
V - Weasley's Wizard Weezes
VI - Long awaited reunions
VII - Joyful first night
Little message for the readers
VIII - First Day
IX - Quidditch Tryouts
X- Cut Short... as always
XI - Dumbledore

XLIX - The Second War is here.

1.5K 57 14
By imlesbish

Anna's POV

"Harry!" I called, joining him after warning our headmaster about what would happen if anything happened to my brother. 

He stopped and I was able to catch up to him. I could see the desperate look in his eyes. I had seen it so many times, when he dropped the facade he tried to put on at Hogwarts and we were alone back at privet drive. How many times had I hold him as he cried in my arms about the bullies at school and those at home? He had always been part of my life, but he was part of something so much bigger too. Something I wasn't sure I had my place in. We had drifted so far apart.

I grabbed his hand and looked him in the eyes. "You'll be okay."

He looked at me with such tired eyes. "You don't know that, Anna."

"Well you have to be." I hoped I didn't sound as scared as I truly was. "Look, I know our relationship hasn't been the best lately, but I need you to understand that whatever happens, you are and always will be my twin brother. We might not act like Fred and George or even Parvati and Padma, but you're still my twin and there's no one else I'd rather have as sibling. I won't lose you. You'll live, and we will win this war. You're not alone, Harry."

He wrapped his arms around me suddenly. I wrapped mine around his shoulders, rubbing slow circles on his back.

"Thank you, Anna. I'm glad you're my sister, too."

We let go of each other and I gave him a small smile. "We should check up on the others, what do you think?"

He nodded and we walked to the Infirmary Tower. We didn't speak, but I don't think that was needed. We walked into the infirmary. Hermione and Ginny were on one bed, Ron on another while Neville was on a chair between the two beds. Luna sat on another bed, reading her dad's journal. Harry went to on Ron's bed, giving the others a smile and I assumed he told them about Sirius as I heard their joyed exclamations. I noticed uncle Moony talking to Poppy on the other end of the infirmary and walked to them.

Poppy noticed me first and smiled at me, the movement grabbed Remus' attention and he turned to me. I rushed to hug him. 

"He's alive," he whispered in my hair, holding me tight.

"I know. I'm glad, he doesn't deserve to die, especially not when people still think he's guilty."

"You're right." He let go of me and looked at me. "I have to go to St-Mungo's to see him and Tonks, okay? Let Poppy check on you and stay with your friends, yeah?"

"Okay. Take care."

I hugged him again and let myself be lead to a bed as he walked to the fireplace in Poppy's desk. She checked on me, mumbling spells as she healed my few injuries. Though not many things showed, I felt the ache in my muscles and bones crashing down.

"What happened? You seem to have internal struggles and injuries."

I looked down, ashamed that I hadn't been able to fight it. "Uhm, Bellatrix Lestrange didn't like me trying to blow her up," I tried to laugh.

"Bellatrix Lestrange hurt you?" There seemed to be a mix of fear and anger in her voice. "What did she do?"

"Oh, euh, you know. She had a little go at crucioing me, I guess?" I hated how small my voice sounded, but I honestly didn't know if I could speak any louder. "I don't understand, I managed to spend my whole morning without it hurting, why does it hurt now?"

"You were still under the adrenaline and shook, some people keep it for days before feeling the effects of their injuries."

I furiously whipped away my tears. It was a simple ache, why was I crying?

"You can let it out, sweetheart. Tonight was stressful, it's normal for things to come out like this," Poppy affirmed, taking away my hand from my face. "It's okay."

The doors flew open and three people rushed in. I looked up in confusion and saw my friends, standing awkwardly near the door. Theo's hair was messy, Pansy's eyes were wide as she looked around the room and Blaise seemed to be the most collected out of them, but his pupils were blown enough for me to notice it. He was holding a paper in his hands and raised it.

"We euh, we figured you guys might be here," he mentioned, pointing to the journal.

Theo walked to Luna, quickly checking over her and giving her a smile as she assured him she was okay. Blaise had walked over to Neville and his eyebrows were furrowed in worry. I didn't notice Pansy had walked to me until she wrapped her arms around me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her close as I buried my face in her neck. She passed her hand though my hair and I felt tears escape my eyes.

"It's okay. You're okay, you're all okay," she whispered.

But it wasn't okay. Because my brother would have to kill the most powerful Dark Lord the world has ever known and if he didn't, he would be the one to die. It wasn't okay, because the war had just started. No one could deny Voldemort's return anymore. Children of Death Eaters would be pushed to join his ranks, suspicions would rise. We had all survived tonight, but how many of us would still be standing once this was over? We were children, and now we would have to fight a war that should've ended years ago. 

This was the second war. People had been betrayed, killed and terrified the last time. Some of those people would have to live it again. Remus, Sirius, Molly, Arthur. Minny, Poppy. This wasn't fair. War was unfair. We had been thrown into it and there was nothing we could possibly do about it. How could it possibly okay?

Pansy was wrong, but she had a point. For now, things were okay. Neville, Luna, Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione had all survived, they would be okay, Poppy had said it herself. Sirius wasn't dead. Tonks was still alive, Remus was okay. Things weren't looking up for the future, but we were alive.

I squeezed Pansy in my arms. I had her, Theo and Blaise too. We would be okay. We had to be.

We were seated in the kitchen for the last time of the year. I laid on one of the couches, my head on my girlfriend's lap as she absently played with my hair and my legs on Theo's. His fingers kept twitching as he looked at the floor intently.

"What's on your mind, Theo?" Luna asked him from the other couch, where Neville sat between her and Blaise.

"What?" He asked, looking up from the floor as if he had been caught doing something he shouldn't do. His fingers froze.

"You keep twitching and haven't participated in any of our conversations, not even when Anna said she wasn't sure about going to the Quidditch camp to stay with Harry. Something's on your mind," Luna answered.

He looked back down and I gently squeezed his arm, hoping to provide him some comfort.

"I just don't know what to do," he finally said. "I mean, where am I supposed to go this summer? It's not like I can go back to the Nott manor, I'll get killed." 

"I could ask my grandmother?" Neville proposed, even if he knew the chances of her accepting were slim.

"No need for that," Luna said calmly. "I already arranged everything with my dad, Theo. You're staying with me, this summer."

She gave him a kind smile and he looked up at her in surprise. Tears filled his eyes and Luna got up. She put her hand on his shoulder.

"You'll be welcome in my house for as long as you need," she sincerely said.

He shot up from the couch, pushing my legs away and I almost fell. He wrapped his arms around Luna's shoulders, holding her tightly. She moved her hand up and down his spine in the comforting way she always did. It seriously felt like she had a secret power to calm down people whenever it was needed.

We had all walked in one compartment, my brother and his friends giving us the pleasure to join us, making the place awfully crowded. Pansy told them to get out and I looked at her in surprise. She gave me a look that said that I needed to leave too. 

"All of you."

So we did and she got out behind us. She closed the door of the compartment and pointed her wand at it, muttering a spell under her breath. She opened the door again and we all followed behind her. The compartment was much bigger than earlier and I looked at her in awe.

"Merlin, you're amazing."

"Someone has to have a brain here, since Luna seems to tired to be the one in charge," she laughed and my heart beat faster.

Luna stuck her tongue out at her, putting down her father's gazette. Neville sat on her right, Blaise on her left with his arms behind her shoulders, his hand reaching Neville's closest shoulder. The three of them always sat together and it was honestly adorable.

Ginny updated Harry and her brother on who Cho was dating after she had passed our compartment, informing them she was now with Michael Corner. I didn't like that guy.

"I always thought he was a bit of an idiot," Ron said as he played chess with Harry. "That's good for you. Next time, you might choose someone... better."

I noticed him quickly glance at Harry and almost choked on my drink.

"Now, I chose Dean Thomas. Do you find him better?"

"WHAT?!" Ron exclaimed, making the chess board fall and I felt a similar reaction in me.

Dean? Why would he date her? Oh god, Seamus must be heartbroken. I was so sure Dean liked him back. Once we were getting closer to King's Cross station, I took Pansy's hand and lead her in another compartment where we could be alone.

"Trying to get me all for yourself, Potter?" she teased, batting her eyelashes at me with a suggestive look.

"I would take you somewhere much more comfortable for that, Parkinson. You do deserve the best after all," I affirmed, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles.

I relished in the way she blushed furiously at the gesture. 

"Why did you take me away for then?"

"I wanted to say bye to you in peace. We both know I won't be able to do that at King's Cross," I told her.

Her shoulders deflated and she looked pained. I hated seeing her like that.

"You're right." She gave me a small smile.

I put my hands on her hips, rubbing circles with my thumbs and slowly leaned in. Our lips met and once again I felt like my heart melted. She brought her arms up to my shoulders and placed them there, one hand in my hair. I pulled her closer to me. I loved the way she relaxed in my arms as our lips moved in sync. We finally pulled away to breathe and I rested my forehead on hers.

"We'll talk in the notebook, right?" I murmured, my eyes closed.

"Of course," she whispered back.

I kissed her forehead gently. "I really like you, Pansy, I hope you know that."

"I do." She cupped my face, her eyes full of fondness. "I really like you too, Anna."

I put my head on her shoulder again and breathed her in. I was going to miss her.

"Have fun at Quidditch camp alright?"

"Write to me."

"Promise."

I got off the train after saying goodbye to Blaise and Pansy again. I was going to miss them. I hugged Luna tightly, smiling at her father when we saw him. I went with Neville to see his grand-mother and she hugged the both of us.

"I heard about what the two of you did with your friends at the ministry. That was incredibly stupid," she scolded. She looked at Neville and put a hand on his face, giving him a rare found smile. "Your parents would so be proud of you, my boy."

I felt honoured to see this. Augusta was a cold woman, rarely affectionate and rarely speaking such soft words. I half expected her to scold him for breaking his father's wand, but her eyes were full of pride and something else I couldn't quite place. Maybe she was seeing her son all over again.

I hugged Neville and wished them a good summer before going back to my brother and his friends. When we passed the gate-wall, we saw members of the order waiting there for us, trying their hardest to look like muggles. Only Moony and Tonks were successful with that.

"What are you all doing here?" Harry asked.

I jogged up to Remus and hugged him tightly. "How's Pads?"

"He's stable," he answered, passing a hand through my hair softly.

I let go of him and turned to Tonks, hugging them as well. "I'm glad you're okay, T."

"I think I have to thank you for that, A. Making the stairs a slide definitely helped me." They smirked at me and I laughed.

"Yeah right."

Just as we neared the Dursley, a woman with broad shoulders approached us and I felt my heart beat faster. It was Amelia Johnston, Lena Johnston's daughter, beater for the Montrose Magpies. She was one of their best players.

"Hey Anna," she said, smiling warmly at me.

"Hi, oh my god, I had no idea you would be the one getting me for the summer camp," I quickly said.

"Merlin's balls! Amelia Johnston?!" Fred exclaimed beside me.

"We're big fans," George added, extending a hand towards her.

"You're basically the reason we tried to become beaters for the Gryffindor quidditch team."

"Oh." She blinked, seemingly surprised by their intervention. She smiled at them. "Well it's a pleasure to get people into such a great position."

"The best," they agreed.

"Mister Potter," she said again and walked to him. He looked at her, surprised by her presence. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for fighting him again, even though someone as young as you shouldn't have to."

"Oh. Euh, it's a pleasure?"

"I wanted to inform you that you are welcome to visit your sister to the quidditch camp whenever you wish for the six weeks she'll be there for. Just write us a letter and we will arrange for someone to come get you." She looked up at our uncle and aunt. "Please do not worry for your niece's safety, she will be in good hands at our camp."

"Thank you," Petunia quipped.

I hugged the twins, telling them to try and survive away from their house, nodded at Hermione and Ron, wishing them a good summer. I turned to Harry and hugged him tightly.

"You sure you'll be okay?"

"Of course," he mumbled. "Anyways, I'll visit you." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll see you guys, have a great summer!"

I walked away from them with my luggage, following behind Amelia as she lead me away from muggles. I took her arm and we apparated away. This was going to be the best summer since I started Hogwarts.

Oh my god you guys. This is it, the end of their fifth year. I plan on writing the next two years, obviously, not leaving you guys with only that. 

Book Seven will be apart that's for sure but I wanted to know if you would prefer Year Six with this one or another book too? Let me know :)

Thank you so much for the support, I'm extremely grateful. Hope you enjoyed and will keep enjoying <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 14.8K 78
She was thought to be dead by her father and the whole world. They were all wrong. She wakes up from her slumber of fifty years and finds that everyt...
43.2K 644 32
Following an intense fight with Yn Moonshine and her father, Yn and Myra her younger sister are disowned and kicked out of their home. Their old fami...
332 2 13
Well... this year got interesting. Sirius Black is on the loose, and Harry's his main target. (Y/N) and her friends are entering the dreaded teenage...
3.7K 189 13
Harry learns things about his life he never would've before gaining a new family member and reuniting with old ones, coming to terms with people tryi...