UNKNOWN | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 4)

By ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNTOLD) UNRAVEL book 4: When darkness envelopes Aine Estoileon's eyes, she sees throug... More

[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]

[ 37 ]

17 0 0
By ixfixite_

Since the day the news of the mass breakout from Azkaban, the members of Dumbledore's Army had been training harder than ever, recapping spells that they have learnt before the holidays. The atmosphere became heavier in the Room of Requirement, there was lesser joking around even from the Weasley twins. Everyone felt that it was only fitting to learn how to defend themselves more than ever now that dangers lurk closer and a war was brewing in the storm. The members of Dumbledore's Army were all dedicated and motivated to learn more defensive spells so that they could not only protect themselves but also the ones they loved.

Aine bids her friends goodbye after they had finished today's training. One by one, students began to scatter out of the Room of Requirement. It had been a day of hard work and they were all satisfied with their efforts. While others were busy grabbing their bags to leave, a boy stood alone in front of the mirror board. It was Neville Longbottom.

His hands clasped together as he gazed up at the photographs pasted on it with a daunted expression on his face. Aine met Harry's eyes on her before they moved towards Neville, standing behind the boy as they follow his attention to the faded moving picture. It was a photo of the members of the Order of the Phoenix that once belonged to Sirius before he had given it to his godson. It was only recently after the holidays that Harry had decided to put it up next to a couple of mementoes, serving as a reminder to all of them of what they were fighting for. 

"Nev?" Aine calls out carefully, worry in her voice as she looks at her quiet friend. 

It took the boy a great deal of courage before he spoke. "Fourteen years ago... a Death Eater named... Bellatrix Lestrange used a Cruciatus Curse on my parents," Neville reveals to them, staring at the moving picture of his parents. They were standing in between Hagrid and Alastor Moody, smiling so brightly at the camera. With a closer look, Harry and Aine could see the resemblance between Neville's parents in him. The girl trailed to the bottom of the picture where she learnt of their names:

Frank Longbottom & Alice Longbottom.

"She tortured them for information but they never gave in," Neville muttered and Harry pursed his lips, saddened by the news. Now he understood why his friend was so traumatized last year when Fake-Moody demonstrated the Cruciatus curse on the spider. There was a flicker in Neville's eyes before he continued, "I'm quite proud to be their son!" 

Aine could see how much admiration the boy held for his parents and it made her smile a little. "They were very brave," she remarked, turning to meet Neville. "Just like you."

Harry nodded in agreement, placing a tight pat on Neville's shoulder as the boy's lips curled at the compliment. He always heard people calling him a coward and for being a weakling because he always showed faint signs of magic within him, unlike his honourable parents. It made him feel sorry for his family, knowing that he wasn't as outstanding as them all but above all, he felt sorry for himself. Which led him to begin to close himself off, losing his confidence and deeming himself as someone who had poor magical abilities. But hearing someone telling him that he was brave, was rare but he was still nonetheless, thankful. He could feel his heart gaining a little bit of strength from his friends.

"Thanks, Aine."

The girl nodded her head before she looks Neville's hand that had opened, it was a small piece of a candy wrapper. He told them about the little gift in his grasp that was from his mother. He unveiled the story of how his parents had lost their minds after being tortured by a group of Deatheaters led by Bellatrix Lestrange, and that they were never the same from that day on. However, every time Neville visited his parents with his grandmother, his mother would give him a little candy wrapper. As much as his grandmother disliked the idea of him keeping it in his pocket since it was probably dirty, Neville couldn't bear to throw it away. 

He stole a peek at Harry and Aine through the mirror reflection, expecting them to laugh at him but none of them did. Instead, they wore doleful expressions on their faces. None of them found anything the boy had divulged to be funny at all. It was tragic.

"But I'm not sure I'm ready for everyone to know just yet..." he said quietly, slipping the cleaned wrapping back into his pocket.

Harry, with a determined look on him, faces his sombre friend. "We're gonna make them proud, Neville. All of them."

"That's a promise," Aine vowed and the two boys grinned at her, pledging to make their parents right and to seek justice for the sufferings their family had gone through. She spun back her attention to the photograph, meeting the sight of her parents who had stood next to Remus and Lily Potter— Aris Estoileon and Elliot Estoileon.

Her father had looked much younger than he was now, but he was still a rather handsome lad. Aine's eyes diverted to the young lady next to her father, it was the first time she had seen a picture of her mother. All traces of her seemed to have disappeared and been lost, perhaps intentionally. She couldn't hide her surprise when she saw how similar she looked compared to her mother. Perhaps this was why Narcissa had told her that she was a spitting image of her mother, they were literally identical.

There was an indescribable aura from Aris and she had an elegant demeanour and was beautiful too. Aris had black hair just like Aine, it had been puffed and braided to the side. Just like Aine and Elliot, she too had golden eyes.

Strange... Aine thought to herself, realizing that Aion was the only one in the family who had green eyes instead of golden ones.

She shrugs away the thought, not paying much attention to it before admiring her mother again. Aris had stood with a small smile before turning to her husband, looking at him with a tender gaze that he had returned. They looked so happy and in love that she found it hard to face the cold brutal truth that her mother abandoned him and her. 

Aine balled her fist together, finding herself seething the anger bubbling inside her. "What is it, Aine?" she hears Neville asking her, it was only then she was aware that her two friends were still there and had been admiring the picture of the Order like her. 

"Nothing much," she replied, calming the rising hatred and anger. "It's the first time I'm actually seeing my mom. I never knew what she had looked like until now..."

Neville clamps his mouth shut at the realization, figuring that it was best not to ask any further when he notices the girl's face darkened into a cold glare. Harry, on the other hand, had looked back at the photograph to view Aine's mother. "She's pretty," he blurted.

"And deadly too," Aine answered, tearing her eyes away from her mother to glimpse at her reflection. Then she turns her heels and walks away to her bag. She made a mental note not to be fooled by her mother's appearance, as kindhearted as she may have looked, she was still the monster that Aine had dreamt of. The very person who had forsaken her own family and that she had gone against Voldemort as an equal beside the greatest and wisest wizard, Albus Dumbledore.

~~~

In the next couple of days, Aine and Harry decided that it was probably time to share the Patronus charm with their friends. The girl had taken the liberty to start with her Slytherin friends first since they were the first group to use the Room of Requirement. 

She watches as Blaise and Cyrus took turns casting the spell. Draco was next to her, figuring he would go and try after they were done. (A/N: Okay, I just realize this but these four characters are literally in alphabetical order! Aine, Blaise, Cyrus & Draco! This is so hilarious and amazing at the same time and I certainly did not plan it!

The Patronus charm was one of the most powerful defensive spells in their world and was considered a charm that is immensely difficult and complicated to cast. Aine learnt of it for the first time in her second year with Harry after being taught by their former Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, Remus Lupin. 

She wanders around the room, catching sight of the concentrating boys who had steadied their wands, "It requires a strong happy memory so that it could evoke positive emotions for you to channel it, so think of a memory of such," she stated to them. Cyrus was the first among his friends to achieve a small string of light from his wand, he beams a little at the improvement but as soon as he did that, the light diminishes away and he frowns. Blaise chuckles at him in return.

"I thought I managed to do it," Cyrus said, dispirited.

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Cyrus. This is a tough spell to do and it requires lots of mental effort of concentration and patience. You'll get there!" Aine lightens up and the boy clutched onto his wand, preparing to try again.

Draco smirked at Aine, strolling alongside her. "You're a great teacher, love," he praised out of nowhere, making Aine turn to him, flustered.

"Where did that come out from?"

"Just. I never realize this but you're actually really good at this," he remarked and she smiles. She gave him a look but accepted his compliment anyways. 

"Thanks, Draco."

The blonde-haired boy proceeded on to join his friends, excited to give it a go at casting his own Patronus. 

Aine crossed her arms, studying the boys as wispy lights began to emerge from their respective wands. She grins a little, noting their efforts. She recalled the first time she had tried to cast the charm in Remus's office, it was against a Dementor so it was actually terrifying. It took a couple of sessions before she could even bring out a corporeal form and just that was already tough. Despite the struggles, it was worth learning such a useful and strong spell. She continues on explaining in the background. 

"The Patronus charm is one of the strongest spells against Dark creatures, especially Dementors, the creatures that are protecting Azkaban who lately, hasn't been doing such a good job," she satirises and Blaise snickered at her comment. 

"Shots fired, but you do have a point," he added, impressed with the girl's witty statement. He simpered at his friends who laughed along.

"When cast properly, a Patronus may even evolve to a corporeal form that acts as a guardian. It can then also be used as a means of communication, delivery messages to others without worrying about it being interjected by others."

"Cool," Draco applauded. "Seems very useful in times like this, no?"

"Mmhm," Aine nodded, staring at the shields that the three boys had managed to conjure. They were holding on rather well and she was amazed by their skills. It was hard to create such strong non-corporeal Patronuses, especially during their first day learning of the spell. Truth be told, she wasn't expecting any of them to successfully cast it on their first attempts since it was a complex spell. Even experienced witches and wizards may have trouble conjuring a full Patronus, let alone one without a form. 

"You guys are doing really well!" the girl commended. The Slytherin boys had managed to stabilize their shields, they grinned at one another though never breaking away from their concentration. 

"Now, focus on the memory you have chosen that brought you the most happiness," she directed, brows knitting together with them as she follows them. "Expand that memory across your mind and slowly let it fill you up," she said cautiously, raising her wand to join them.

Expecto Patronum, she said in her head.

Once they had gotten the hang of the amount of concentration and strength required, the boys decided to push their limits even further in having a go at creating a fully corporeal Patronus form. This, of course, was still rather tough, resulting in them giving up at the end and the glowing shield dissipated into the air and dropped their arms, drained of energy.

"That was exhausting," groans Blaise, eyeing Aine who was still continuing with her shield. It was a good exercise to drive how far you can go in holding up that much power. 

Cyrus's jaw dropped when he saw the little glowing bulb of light slowly transitioning to a form. Draco gapes at it, the corner of his lips curling in awe when he saw a form daring to emerge from the light. He quickly jumped to his feet, not wanting to lose out to her as his competitive spirit got fired.

He closes his eyes and took a deep breath to pull himself together. "Expecto Patronum," he mutters softly, pointing his wand into the air. His eyes squinted open as he thought of a happy memory. He could feel Aine's eyes on him and he smirked at her, watching the silvery light glowing into a large shield next to her irregular ball of light. It was as if she was waiting for him.

'Come on, love. You gotta focus more. Don't look at me,' Draco heard Aine speak into his mind and he blinks back his astonishment. His shield flickering dangerously as if it could fade away at any time.

"How did you—" 

"Look at your Patronus, Draco," Aine teases, jerking her chin to his diminishing shield.

The boy rolls his eyes, doing as told as he furrowed, he focuses on the happier memories, each flooding into his mind as he allows it to spread across, etching deeper as the images of the Christmas celebration he celebrated with the Estoileons, with Aine became clearer. Just like his strong positive memories, the wispy shield slowly collapses into a ball before it blooms brighter and bigger. His eyes widened when he saw the figure it had taken, gliding through the Room of Requirement with a low bellow, its large strong wings fluttering as a stream of blue flames roared out of its mouth.

Blaise and Cyrus gawked at their friend's Patronus. "Holy sh—" they cursed under their breaths, marvelling as another growl interrupted them.

"Woah..." Draco gasped at it, feeling overwhelmed by his efforts. He would have never thought that he would cast a fully corporeal Patronus in his life, his wand lowered a little, controlling his power to make sure he was still keeping up with the magic. He was buzzed by his Patronus, "This... This is— is bloody stunning!" he stutters. 

His Patronus was a Dragon.

"I got a fire-breathing Dragon!" Draco cheered, his attention drawn towards Aine who nodded with a proud smile on her face. She looks at her non-corporeal form and twisted her wrist, letting the power seep through even more to the glowing form in the air.

Blaise and Cyrus went to Draco's side as they watched his Dragon Patronus flow across the crystal chandelier, illuminating the room even more as the light bounces through the glass. It flapped its wings and it soared even higher to the dimmed roof as if wanting to break through it and fly to the skies. His brows rose, even more, when his silver pupils went large when another creature materialized and flew by to join his.

They turned to Aine where the girl controls her Patronus, letting it dance around Draco's. He gazed at it, mesmerised by the breathtaking magic he was witnessing. He couldn't take his eyes away from it and neither could any of his friends nor Aine. He softens at Aine's Patronus whom he had recognized to be a Thestral. The elegant bat-like creature waved its wings, sending a ripple of light across the room as it pranced next to the Dragon.

The two winged creatures danced, their wings intertwined as they fly around the room together, a pleasant screech and roar echoed. 

Aine lowers her wand but her Patronus stayed, she drifted to the large enclosed window and pushes the glass open. The melodious wind howled, and she allows it to tickle her face. Her lips curled before Draco went up to her. They share a look before Aine flourishes her wand, calling forth her Patronus and Draco mimicked her actions.

They watched as their Patronus flitted out of the windows, rushing to the open heavens where a million stars painted the night skies. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Aine questioned, eyes brightly staring at the two creatures.

"Indeed," Draco replied, glancing at her as they leaned onto the window ledges. But it wasn't as beautiful as the girl standing in front of his eyes, he thought to himself. 

The Dragon and Thestral's tracks left a trail of their light as they flutter freely, twirling around one more time before they went higher above the clouds. With a final flap of their wings in unison, they dispersed away with a subtle light bluish glow, leaving shimmery wisps raining down.

Aine gazed at Draco, finding him staring at her and she felt her heart skip a beat when she realize how close they were. Her cheeks began to get pink and hot and she blinks at him, wondering why he was staring so much. 

It wasn't until she realize that they weren't alone. In fact, she was reminded that they had company— Blaise and Cyrus cleared their throats, watching them from behind.

"I don't know what the bloody hell just happened but that was so cool," Blaise added.

"Yup!" Cyrus chimed in, popping the 'P'. They both shot Aine and Draco a teasing smirk. "Shall we end class here today? So that— You know... You two can go on and finish what you were about to do," he suggested, winking at Draco.

It was Draco's turn to blush, his friend's words catching him off guard. "Dude!" he exclaimed. Aine giggles to herself, it was like watching herself getting teased by Ginny and the twins all over again.

"See you later, Draco!" Blaise bids, head-locking Cyrus as they scrambled out of the Room of Requirement before any of the two could even retort back.

Once Aine and Draco were alone, the boy face-palmed himself, loudly sighing at his friends before he peeks through his fingers at the girl staring at him.

She gave him a sheepish laugh and his lips twitched together before they broke out into a fit of laughter, not caring how red their faces were.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

This chapter started out really intense but got all fluffy and wholesome at the end. It was such a nice chapter to write, you guys! *Squeals*

Anyways, on a side note. Our OC finally saw a glimpse of her mother (though in a picture) and I cannot wait to dwell more into that arc which will be later in the series! What do you guys think so far of the story? Any theories you guys have? Do let me know in the comments! ^^

- Zeneria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
3.1K 45 54
"This is the student you will be tutoring. I trust you will get his grades up in a short amount of time." "No worries, Professor, you can count on m...
241K 6.8K 73
"What's her name?" Draco was already eager to know about the little girl, now that he found out that the child was hers, not a ward of her friend, He...
57.1K 1.8K 97
***PREVIEW*** ~~~~ A moan escaped her, and he abruptly ended the passionate moment. He pulled away, leaning his forehead on hers, their heavy breaths...