Domanium (Bakugo x Fem! Reade...

By abbijoe

In a time when pride ruled many kingdoms, one king decided enough was enough and worked to unite all kingdoms... More

Prologue
Chapter 2

Chapter 1

15 1 0
By abbijoe

Bakugo slashed through the thick shrub, clearing a path for him and his partner. He looked around to make there weren't any traps or dangers waiting for them. There hasn't been a day that has gone by that Bakugo isn't haunted by that night. There were so many questions that were still left unanswered. His kingdom, along with others, was starting to feel the effects of war. If only the unification was successful. If only Domanium was enacted then he wouldn't have been traveling for years looking for a ghost from his past with his idiotic partner.

"Hey, Bakugo! Are you sure you know where you're going?"

Speaking of his idiotic partner; Eijiro Kirishima shouts to the man ahead of him with a curious look. He was Bakugo's dragon-borne companion. Dragon-borne, meaning that he was able to shift into a full dragon when he wanted to as long as he had enough energy and stamina to do so. Most of the time though, he was in his human form. Looking at him, you would never guess that he was a dragon-borne unless you knew the characteristics that dragon-bornes have. For Kirishima, it was his bright red hair that stood straight up and in all directions along with his sharp, pointed teeth. In his human form, he wore a greyish-blue vest that was open with matching pants. Over his pants was a ruby red cloth that held onto his waist with a brown belt. He walked around in knee-high black boots and a tiger-printed scarf around his neck to hide the markings from his past. He also adored a single white glove and arm brace on his left arm.

Bakugo grunts in frustration and turned around to face his partner, "of course, I know where I'm going, idiot! Are you doubting me or something?" Shouted Bakugo. He just couldn't understand why Kirishima wouldn't just shut up and follow him but that's also part of the reason why he choose Kirishima to be his partner years ago.

"I don't know man, we've been wandering all over the place for years and now we're in the middle of a giant forest without anything in sight. I mean don't get me wrong, I'd follow you anywhere but are you sure you know what you're looking for, or who you're even looking for?" Inquired Kirishima.

Bakugo just continued onto the path that he had carved out. Of course, he knew he was looking for (Y/N). She had to have survived that night. She was probably just hiding out until she was able to gather an army and strike down the demon king and recreate Domanium. He had seen King Kenshin push her out of the way. Sure, she didn't get up and run away like she should have but there were a lot of guests there so someone, anyone would have picked her up and carried her to safety right?

Bakugo and Kirishima continued on their path soon hitting a small port town on the edge of the continent. It was bustling with people trying to make a trade or unload supplies from ships that came from the other side of the continent.

One of these ships however seemed to have standout among the others. It didn't look like a typical merchant ship but rather a pirate ship. Within the captain's quarters of the pirate ship was a girl who also remembers that night from 10 years ago vividly. She was trying to chart their next course and where to go while a few of her crew members were off resupplying the ship. She was staring down at the maps scattered across the desk with compasses, dividers, and rulers. Though she was looking at the map, her mind couldn't help but wander to that night. The events replying in her mind like she was reliving it all over again. Just as she was about to be fully immersed in her memories, the door slammed open, and in walked her best friend, Mina Ashido.

"Hey, Captain! Kaminari and Sero need your help with something down in the market," she yelled as she strutted into the room making (Y/N) jump out of her thoughts and nearly out of her skin. She looked up to her second mate with a small glare. Ashido was a half fairy with pink skin and hair that match along with pale yellow horns that stuck out from the top of her head. If her pink skin wasn't a giveaway for her having fairy blood then her black eyes with yellow iris would definitely be the tail tale. Ashido's outfit was very fashionable for being a pirate at sea. The white poet shirt that was tucked into her tan brown pants and black boots were pretty standard but it was her accessories that stood out. She wore a beige jacket that had a white fur-lined collard and a blue and purple splatter patterned headband that her horns stuck through. She was also weighed down by the many necklaces and bracelets that she insisted on wearing all of the time. (Y/N) only hoped that she never fell off board or she just might sink straight to the bottom.

"Mina, I told you not to call me that. I'm not any more of a leader than the rest of you." (Y/N) muttered while giving her a deadpan look.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Kaminari and Sero still need your help in the market. They're trying to trade for some medicine but the seller is driving a hard bargain for the most basic of meds so they sent me to retrieve you!"

(Y/N) sighed while grabbing her belt and hat. She quickly place them on and looked at her second mate, "take me to where they are." (Y/N) did not look enthused but then again, she wasn't. Bartering has gotten more difficult since the war has started to take a toll on the capital in the kingdoms. The rich snobs are finally starting to feel the effects of what's going on beyond the walls of their pretty palaces.

Kaminari and Sero weren't the only ones having trouble in the market today, just a few booths down from where they were Bakugo was trying to purchase a bushel of apricots, a bag of nuts, and a small rope. The basics to help him and Kirishima stay alive in the forest.

"What do you mean 30 silver coins for all of this?! This is only worth 10 at most you bastard! Are you trying to rip me off or something?" Bakugo shouted at the booth owner. The booth owner just stared hard at Bakugo with his arms crossed against his chest.

"30 silver pieces or forget about it."

"This is bullshit," Bakugo hissed as he slammed down the money onto the counter and then snatched up his purchase. He stomped away from the stall and met up with his partner again. Kirishima gave Bakugo a bright smile before whipping it off quickly so that he didn't get Bakugo's temperament taken out on him.

"I'm guessing the trade didn't go as planned?"

"He wanted to charge me 30 silver coins for this shit! He's a damn crook if I've ever seen one. We just need to get one more thing then we'll be out of this fucking place."

Kirishima chuckled, "maybe he charged you more because you stick out like a sore thumb? You don't exactly look like a local." Bakugo looked at him questioningly before surveying the market to see what the other shoppers were wearing. And sure enough, Krirshima was right to much of Bakugo's dismay.

Bakugo was wearing nothing but denim pants and his bright red cap that was lined with powder white fur. He wore white boots that were also lined with the same type of fur that his cape was along with brown knee pads. On his forearms were fire orange cloth arm bracers that had his Kingdoms patterns stitched into the ends of them, layered with the same brown material as his knee pads over top. A band with a zig-zag pattern went around the shoulders straps that held the shoulder pads that were right underneath the cape he wore. The part of his outfit that differed from the local outfits where the four necklaces at varied lengths and colors he wore around his neck along with the signature garnet red teardrop earrings.

"Tch. Let's get going shitty hair," Bakugo grumbled and started to turn towards his next stop when familiar (h/c) locks caught his eye from down the street. It couldn't be, could it? Bakugo froze in place and stared off into the distance. Kirishima looked at him and followed his gaze. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

"Yo Bakugo. You ok man? You're staring at nothing?" Kirishima questioned while waving a hand in front of Bakugo. Bakugo roughly pushed Kirishima's hand out of the way before speed walking towards the (h/c) locks. He just had to see if it was possible. That she had truly survived that hellish night and she was alive and well. He quickly turned a corner and stopped abruptly making Kirishima run into the back of him. Normally he would have turned around and yelled at him but he just stood frozen once again. This time Kirishima was able to follow his line of sight to see a girl that looked to be around their age.

"Is this who we've been looking for Bakugo?" Kirishima wondered looking at Bakugo for confirmation. Bakugo just remained silent with a look of shock and relief all over his face.

(Y/N) followed Ashido through the busy streets to where her crew mates were at. They were at a medicinal booth talking to the owner. Well, more like arguing with her and not getting anywhere.

Denki Kaminari caught her attention pretty quickly with his musketeer hat that had a giant white feather sticking out of it that sat on top of his bright yellow hair that had a black lighting streak on the left side. His outfit was almost as extravagant as Ashido's. Of course, he wore the white poet shirt but he had layered on a tan vest that extended down to his upper thighs with black trousers. He adored the top with a red handkerchief that he tied around his neck that (Y/N) assumed made him feel formal. Over the top of the vest was a chunky brown belt around his waist and the same colored sash that crossed over his left should that held two small daggers along his chest. He always finished the look with his black gloves and mocha arm braces with a faded gold design on them.

Hanta Sero was almost overlooked by standing next to his flashy crewmate. Sero wore the same poet shirt as his other crewmates but with a walnut vest over top. The pants were olive green and stopped around his calves showing off his striped socks that he paired with simple pecan ankle boots. He was trying to diffuse the situation before it could essculate any further.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I'm sure he didn't mean it like that," Sero stuttered while waving his hands up in front of him to show her that he meant no harm.

"Yea honestly it was just a dumb remark! You see I get tongue twisted in front of beautiful witches such as yourself," Kaminari tried to explain (poorly) to the owner while also trying to flirt with her. When he finished his sentence, Sero slapped him on the back of the head and glared at him. Kaminari rubbed the sore spot and was about to yell at his friend but then he felt the angry aura coming off of the stall owner. He immediately shut up and tried to backtrack his previous statement.

Luckily for him, (Y/N) had finally arrived and stepped in between him and the booth. (Y/N) smiled gently to the girl.

"I'm so sorry for his tongue. He's really just a big idiot. How are you doing Clara?"

"Ah, (Y/N). I didn't know you would be here today. Are they with you?" The girl gestured towards the two behind (Y/N).

"Yes, unfortunately, they are. I sent them here while was finalizing the plans for our next sail, but I can see now that was a mistake." (Y/N) answered the merchant while saying the last part a little harsher and started the two boys down. They instantly quivered in fear.

(Y/N) then turned her attention back to Clara, "anyways, we need the basic medicine, please. Anything and all from curing fevers to soothing sore throats. I'll take it all."

"Mhm. Well, I've only got 4 vials of each thing and I've had to go up in price. It'll now cost ya 50 gold coins."

"Oh come on, it was 15 gold coins the last time I was here. Plus these are basic remedies. I could make them myself."

The stall owner's angry aura returned at (Y/N)'s remark. (Y/N) quickly added a "not as good as you of course" to help ease the tension.

"Look, the war is starting to touch the capitals now. They're beginning to hoard everything that they can and not to mention how dangerous the forest has become so collecting ingredients is becoming more of a challenge." She replied solemnly. She and (Y/N) have known each other for a while so she truly felt bad for charging her such a high price.

(Y/N) sighed dramatically before gathering her thoughts, "how about this, I'll take it for 30 and I'll make this idiot throw in his dagger as an apology for earlier?" she proposed to the owner. Clara thought about it for a few seconds while Kaminari just stuttered trying to think of something to make (Y/N) change her mind but (Y/N) just stood firm while staring her down.

"Make it 35 and you've got yourself a deal," she answered while sticking her hand towards (Y/N).

"Deal!" (Y/N) exclaimed while shaking her hand. Kaminari deflated in disappointment. He reluctantly handed over his dagger while (Y/N) and Clara made their trade. Kaminari sat there sulking while Ashido and Sero were trying (and failing) to hold in their laughter.

"Always a pleasure doing business with you (Y/N). Try not to be a stranger and stay safe out there ok?" Clara spoke.

(Y/N) nodded, "of course. You too." With that, (Y/N) started to make her way back to the ship with her crew following closely behind her.

"Why did I have to give up my dagger? Sero was also there and couldn't get the price to drop down either!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"Because Sero didn't call an alchemist a witch and continued to hit on her when she was very clearly upset." (Y/N) quipped at Kaminari. Kaminari looked surprised and then went back to his sulking. (Y/N) continued forward when she suddenly stopped. There he was, just like she remembered him from 10 years ago only he looked more mature and was wearing casual clothing from his homeland. Those scarlet red eyes are something (Y/N) could never forget.

Her (e/c) eyes were just as bright and vivid as he remembered them. It almost distracted him from the outfit she was now wearing, a far cry from the last outfit he saw her wearing. Like many people around her, she wore a poet shirt with black trousers and black knee-high boots. A dark (f/c) corset covered her torso with a brown belt that laid across her hips with a sword attached and a few bags in addtion. She had accessorized her outfit with a hat that is typically seen on pirates and a black trench coat that had silver buttons going down it. To finish it off, a mahogany red cloth was loosely hanging around her waist lopsided underneath the belt.

With (Y/N) sudden stopping, her little crew that was following her also stopped and looked at her with worry and confusion. Ashido was the first one to step forward and place a hand on her shoulder. "(Y/N)? What's the matter?" she questioned. When (Y/N) didn't respond, she looked in the same direction (Y/N) was staring towards and saw a strange man staring back. Just as Ashido was about to say something, (Y/N) snapped out of her trance and started speed walking back to the ship, away from the stranger.

"Let's go." was all she said in a low, stern voice. She nearly left her group behind in the dust, getting lost in the crowd. Ashido quickly caught up and was walking beside her now.

"What's going on (Y/N)? Who was that man? Do you know him? Is he dangerous?" Ashido shot as many questions as she could to her dear friend. She's never seen so much strain on her face in all of her time of knowing her. (Y/N) just kept her stare forward, not reacting to any of the questions that Ashido was rapid firing at her.

"He's someone I'd rather not see again," was the only reply (Y/N) could think of without giving away too many details and in hopes, wouldn't create more questions. Unfortunately for her, that just made Ashido have a million more questions.

"Oh my god, is he a past lover?! Did you break his heart when you joined our crew? Did he break your heart? I swear, if he broke your heart, I'll break his--" Ashido began to say but was cut off by (Y/N).

"What? No. Let's just get to the ship and hope we lost him." (Y/N) was hoping for silence for the rest of their short trip but that wasn't going to happen with the people who were following her. It was now Kaminari's turn to ask questions.

"Who's following us? Why are we walking so fast? Did you see that weird man in the market? I mean, he wasn't even wearing a shirt! Do you think he came from a different country?"

"No, he totally looked like a local. Come on man, of course he wasn't from around idiot. All kinds of foreigners come here. It is a port city after all," Sero jeered at Kaminari. His attention then turns to (Y/N), "why are we walking so quickly back? We're not in danger are we?"

"Of course not. Just, hurry up," (Y/n) answered. She could finally see the ship within reach. As she was walking up the plank to board her ship, she heard someone call out her name.

"(Y/N)!" Bakugo yelled out in hopes that she'd turn around. He was about to ran after her but he was quickly stopped by a crossing of swords in front of his face. Kaminari and Sero had drawn their swords and threw them up in order to protect their captain from the dangers of this stranger. Bakugo was taken back for a second before regaining his composure and snarled at the pair of men. The two men answered him with glares.

"Stand down. He doesn't mean harm," (Y/N) said with her upper body slightly rotated towards the commotion. Kamari and Sero just stared at their captain with a shocked expression while their swords slacked a little due to the distraction. Ashido also shared the same expression as her male friends and slowly looked between (Y/N) and Bakugo.

"Hello, Bakugo. Long time, no see huh?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 364 17
-Bakugou x Fem!Reader -Y/N, an archaeologist on the hunt for hidden treasures, stumbles upon an ancient map that shows her the way to a pirate's long...
15K 427 26
Barbarian! Katsuki Bakugo x Hybrid! Female! Reader AU Mha/Bnha AU Thank you to @BizzyArtist (Xueyun) for helping me with grammar errors! Rumors have...
2.7K 11 28
A Bakugo Katsuki x Reader fanfiction. The plot follows the MHA/BNHA timeline. If you haven't watched the anime yet, then you WILL be spoiled through...
68.4K 1.8K 75
NOT A ONESHOT "This fanfiction sucks." - (Y/n) "And I took that personally." - ??? You are transported to the BNHA universe with the help of a strang...