Just Another Extra (MHA x Mal...

Bởi 2nd-Worst-Person

In a world of heroes and villains many stories focus the training of the next generation of heroes, so instea... Xem Thêm

Bio
Moody mornings
Slimy situation
+ 1
Consequences
Canon clash
- 1
Staring death in the face
Pain
How I Met Your Mother
Y/N L/N and Tomoko Shiretoko: Origin
Getting paid to beat up children
Extra VS Extras
Pros night out
The Inquisitive Inquisitor
Mandatory meetings
Convenient coincidences
The apple that never left the tree
Manchurian candidate
Call me uncle
Katabasis
Cerberus
Important A/N

Thoughts to the thoughtless

1.1K 38 16
Bởi 2nd-Worst-Person

Well this was pretty awkward

Currently Tenya Iida, who now has the alias of Tenya for his hero name, stood before Y/N L/N, the hero Inquisitive who'd offered him an internship in Hosu, the same place Tenya's brother Tensei was severely injured by the Hero Killer. Due to the reason for why Tensei was in Hosu, Tenya considered Inquisitive partly to blame for his condition and as such didn't really have much respect for the hero and was instead focused on his revenge on the Hero Killer. Y/N was completely aware of Tenya's goal for being here, in fact that's the whole reason Y/N requested him was if he didn't the younger Iida would just join another agency in Hosu, at least this way he can look out for him.

Looking at one another in their hero costumes they both had thoughts regarding their appearance, Tenya while he didn't respect the man in front of him he certainly feared him, despite his fairly high ranking among heroes in general, on a recent survey for heroes who like villains, Inquisitive ranked fourth just below Gang Orca despite only being ranked twenty eighth in the entire country. For Y/N he was slightly confused about one thing when seeing Tenya, back in the hospital he had overheard Tensei ask his brother to take the name Ingenuim, so when he requested for Tenya Iida he was surprised to see his chosen hero name was Tenya, that made Y/N think that perhaps Tenya wasn't a fan of the family legacy but now seeing how his costume resembled his brother's he was left with only questions.

Regardless Y/N decided he should deal with the most important topic for this internship first

Y/N: "Tenya Iida, hero name Tenya, you have accepted my internship offer it seems" stating the obvious through a voice modifier gazing where Tenya's eyes should be behind his helmet

Hearing this Tenya's posture resembled that of a soldier addressing a superior, only as a formality though, he wouldn't sully the name of UA and the Iida family by being disrespectful. Before Y/N left the hospital he was sure to ask Tensei what kind of person his brother was, who in the politest of phrasing basically said he had a stick up his ass, so now knowing this Y/N decided when talking to Tenya he'd cut straight to the point.

Tenya: "Indeed I have sir" while his tone kept it's usual seriousness, it was more reserved than how he'd talk to those he respected such as those on the UA staff, this man didn't deserve respect after all

Y/N: "You're here for the Hero Killer aren't you?" Yep, straight to the point

Tenya: "..." while he was sure he might be asked such a question, he didn't expect it so bluntly

The pro hero accepted his silence as confirmation and sighed while shaking his head, causing Tenya to get tense, if the hero already knew this he could just send him back to UA now due to knowing his ulterior motives

Y/N: "I'm most likely the highest ranking pro in Hosu, so you thought you'd have a higher chance of running into him if you came to me" he wasn't pulling any punches

Tenya now remembered something, while never confirmed it theorised this hero had a mind reading quirk, he cursed himself for overlooking such an obvious issue, now he was worried Inqusitive knew he planned to sabotage his career while he was here. Truthfully Y/N had deduced this all by himself, he wasn't a genius but he was one of the sharper tools in the shed (though he had his dull moments), although he didn't yet know the last part of Tenya's thoughts.

Y/N: "You'd probably still come to Hosu regardless of if I requested you as an intern, just as part of a different agency. Even if you'd picked a different agency I would of shadowed as per my promise to your brother, I'm sure with your performance in the sports festival you'd have plenty of options" unknowingly to Y/N his way of speaking seriously came off as intimidating

The first part to Tenya was unnerving, why was he so determined to look out for him? But when he heard Inquisitive had promised his brother baffled him, perhaps he too had some ulterior motive?

Y/N: "While I could send you back to UA now and inform your teachers of your intentions for coming here, I won't"

Tenya didn't think he could get more confused but he was proven wrong, why'd he keep him here knowing this?

Y/N: "Considering internships have been allowed to your first year class, you'd be left behind by the others and would miss out on valuable experience if you were not to participate" he'd begun staring up at the ceiling at this point

The intern was now conflicted, this man was willing to risk his career to help a random student not fall behind his classmates but also fulfil his selfish desire for vengeance. His thoughts were now more complicated, but they'd need to be reevaluated after the internship, dealing with Hero Killer came first.

To Y/N he'd thought this through a fair bit, Tensei lost his livelihood, the least Y/N could do was risk his to make sure his brother stayed safe, besides he didn't know how desperate Tenya may be and he wouldn't want to risk it, what if he sent him back so Tenya came by himself to look for the Hero Killer? Then he'd have no one covering his back, all Y/N could do was hope he made the right decision and watch out for successor of the name of Ingenuim.

The entire time this discussion happened with both were fully equipped, Y/N decided he should make sure this entire internship wasn't a manhunt so he took his intern on patrol with him. His plan was to give Tenya some regular hero experience, after all that was the main goal of the internships, although as Y/N was explaining the importance of patrols and their effects on the public he noticed Tenya's gaze shifting to every alley they passed, clearly the intern didn't realise the consequences of what he was planning on doing.

Y/N: "Tenya"

Hearing his name and hero name called the teen in question returned to focusing on his mentor

Y/N: "I said I'd keep you in Hosu to watch out for you, that doesn't mean you get to runoff if you spot the Hero Killer. If it wasn't clear enough already you're an intern, not a sidekick, should we see the Hero Killer I'll engage with him while you get assistance." Now he never usually tried to be intimidating when speaking, it usually just came naturally through his helmet, but now he felt he had to stern

Safe to say Tenya shook hearing himself be spoken down to, but behind that was rage, he thought Inquisitive brought him along to help fight, not to run for help at the first sign of trouble. A small part of him wanted to think differently about the man, earlier when he learned he was keeping him here and gave him a chance to face the one who crippled his brother, but now he learned he planned to reduce him to a minimal role. For Y/N this was the furthest he'd go for Tenya, this was a student after all who'd only been at UA for a few months, he hoped this idea was the best of both worlds, it kept Tenya safe while potential giving him a role in the villains downfall.

Although now after stating the plan to the Intern he could see the inner conflict from his body language, looks like he'd have to let the armoured teen know what would happen if he didn't stay in line

Y/N: "If at any point you don't follow my instructions I'll have you on the next train back to UA, is that understood?" At this point he'd stop to look Tenya in the eyes, if he didn't get the answer he wanted to this question he'd just send him back now, it'd be to dangerous for him to go rogue, for him and those around him

Tenya: "Yes sir" he looked down to the ground while speaking as reluctantly as possible

Hearing this Y/N faced forward again and resumed the patrol, while he accepted the answer it didn't fill him with any confidence so he'd keep his eye on Tenya, thankfully he already had set a precautionary measure should the worst happen. It's important to note that when he met Tenya he had tried to use his quirk on him to put some sense in his head, but still his quirk was a suggestion after all and not a command, so knowing he couldn't remove the possibility of him running he'd made a plan should he run, as long as there wasn't a major incident where he'd have to attend he could rely on this plan.

The Patrol itself was rather uneventful, Y/N kept the intern focused by making sure to ask him plenty of questions so he knew what they were doing and why, it even looked as if Tenya had his mind off of the Hero Killer and was invested in the hero work, Y/N hoped the rest of the internship would go this smoothly as today. When the day came to an end they arrived back at Inquisitive's temporary agency, Y/N decided to give Tenya a review of the day to see if any info had stuck, which as a pleasant surprise it did.

Eventually they began the next day of patrolling, Y/N noticed the number of heroes had begun to increase quite drastically, if all worked out well the main villain of concern would be caught soon, despite this the day stayed the same as yesterday, a few small crimes which Y/N used to give Tenya some experience but besides that not much else. In these the UA student acted like how Tensei described him, instead of the silent brooding type he'd been recently, despite this being his first times in these situations the intern handled it rather well and if they continued to do so maybe he would invite him as a intern again, he'd never had one before but Tenya's attitude was effective and amusing enough he didn't mind the new addition to the schedule.

The sun had just set and considering they'd started rather early today Y/N thought they should finish this street then start heading back, turning back to face Tenya they stopped walking so he could communicate the thought across

Y/N: "We've been out long enough today let's finish thi-" he was cut off when he felt a harsh tug on the hood of his jacket

The next thing he knew his feet were off the ground and he was being carried into the sky, in the commotion the hero's name was called out but Y/N knew he had to react quick to deal with surprise. Fortunately for him he knew the general location of the one grabbing him (which was what he needed to target them with his quirk) and ran through multiple options quickly...

Whoever had him wanted to harm him so if they dropped him at this height he could recover from the fall

But if they did drop him the fight with the presumed villain would be taken to the streets where bystanders could be threatened

Keeping them off street level would be best, perhaps give the villain the idea to ditch him on a roof top

Now he had plan

???: "I should drop the hero on a rooftop to separate him from the others"

Then for reasons unknown, the target of his quirk behaved in a way that was new to him, the flying assailant let out a painful screech and began flying wildly in different directions, Y/N did quickly recovered from his shock of the spontaneous reaction and tried to get his bearings on where they were going, only to see they were about to collide with a moving train.

Swinging his weight in the opposite direction of the train, the flying villain rotated mid air from the sudden movement and suddenly their body alone slammed into the train, Y/N had used their more durable body to take the hit for both of them although at the same time he heard something else collide with the train as well.

Recovering from the collision he got off the now down villain to get a good look at them, presumably they had a mutation quirk that gave them wings although why did they have an exposed brain?

He looked to where he heard the other collision to see a similar looking villain standing on a downed hero, but this one lacked wings and also had an exposed brain, siblings perhaps?

Regardless with one that looks down for the count he should deal with the other, as he tried to do so a small yellow blue darted past him to the villain, it relived him to see a fellow hero here, as he didn't do well in cases of brute strength, then he got a look at the presumably old hero, however his approach towards the new villain was interrupted by the one that brought him here which had grabbed onto his ankle before flying out the train with Y/N again.

Remembering how the villain reacted to his quirk before Y/N hoped he could get a similar reaction the on the second try, and that it did. Filling the villain with several different thoughts to distract it so he could escape their grip worked, worked to well as next thing he knew the agitated villain dropped him as it had what looked like a midair seizure.

Thankfully he had enough time to recover, firing his grappling hook at the side of a building to catch him although doing so put a heavy strain on his arm.

Once he had his bearings he looked to see a roaring inferno generating a large amount of smoke bringing him to the conclusion that's where the majority of the villains were, problem was though he couldn't deal with that winged villain as it was already too far to deal with.

Once again tonight he was interrupted, this time by the sound of something slamming into the ground near him, it was the same wingless brain villain from the train, just how hard did that old man hit him to end up here?

The villain seemed to recover quickly, crawling out of the crater they were just in and approaching a passing couple, not wasting anytime whatsoever Y/N used his quirk, if they were similar to their presumed sibling his quirk would disabilatate this one as well.

And it did just that

The villain was screeching horrifically gripping its head as it rolled on the floor, spotting an opportunity the old man from before delivered a devastating kick to their head making it bounce of the ground in response, but it didn't completely stop the struggling villain.

As fast as he arrived there the old man was now beside Y/N so they could strategise together for their current foe, although he had one question still.

Old man: "You were on the train as well right? What happened to the other one?"

Y/N: "Dropped me here before flying off too where more might be, at the fire"

The old timer grunted at the thought of their being more while Y/N was worried about Tenya, the teen would still be near action but if he behaved as well as had earlier today he was certain he could trust him, right now by honouring that faith he should focus on the threat in front of him.

As they prepared to leap back into action as the villain had seemingly recovered, they immediately recoiled as a stream of flames came before them an engulfed the villain. Both the old man and Y/N needed a moment to recover from nearly walking into a seemingly allied attack and then almost simultaneously looked to where it originated.

???: "I'm afraid I don't know either of you, but I can handle this from here on out"

Behind his helmet Y/N's eyes widened at who spoke

The number 2 hero Endeavour

The couple that was still standing there (seriously why don't civilians just run away?) verbally asked what he was thinking, why was he here?

Now Y/N wouldn't be surprised if All Might came flying in to steal the glory from him for 3rd time

Memories aside he returned his focus back to villain that Endeavour had attacked, only to see that the villain was laying down burning away, odd either the villain only absorbed physical damage or Endeavour was stronger than he gave him credit for, regardless this villain was down.

A good distance away Tomura Shigiraki witnessed what just happened, and he was pissed

Shigiraki: "Huh? What? That one had an absorbing quirk in it? Did master give me a broken Nomu or is there a cheater down there?"

As he verbally let out his frustration, his guardian behind him, Kurogiri narrowed his golden eye slits in his smoke body, what Shigiraki said should be wrong, the Nomu's quirk shouldn't of failed to absorb the flames.

Kurogiri: "Does one of the heroes down there have a similar quirk to the UA teacher that was at the USJ? Perhaps that grey hero?" he recalled any previous information to find an answer to this unexpected situation

Regardless one thing was for certain

A hero that could counter the Nomu so effectively...

Would need to reported to All For One

Back with the trio of heroes whose interns were currently fighting the Hero Killer

Endeavour remembered when his son had ran off while Y/N checked his backup plan for Tenya, when they met Y/N asked ro inspect his costume, during the 'inspection' he placed a tracker on the costume for incase the intern ever ran off. Endeavour then asked the two heroes in front of him to check an address stating he can deal with the rest of the villains, being second only to All Might himself neither of the two would or could disagree with the statement, as Y/N and Gran Torino (the old man he just learned the name of) ran to the address Y/N had a bad feeling about this situation and acted on a hunch he had. Comparing Tenya's current location and the address the flame hero gave, to his horror they matched so knowing his intern was in danger gave him renewed vigour to keep running, the sudden change in pace didn't fail to catch Gran Torino's attention.

Gran Torino: "Hey! What's with the sudden rush" he used his quirk to boost ahead to ask his question

Y/N: "That address, it's where my intern is" despite his altered voice the panic in it was heard loud and clear

Gran Torino could relate, if he knew the brat Toshinori chose was there then he'd be in a rush as well, luckily he told the green bean to stay on the train, so he had nothing to worry about...

When they got there they saw Tenya, Endeavour's son, an unknown hero and and some green kid that Y/N thought looked familiar, approaching the group they could now be seen with a fifth figure tied up and being dragged. The elderly heroes first instinct upon seeing his intern was to kick him in the face, while this was happening Y/N was glad to see Tenya alright but saddened to see him injured so in his state of not knowing what to feel he just ended up standing there looking at him. The intern in question noticed this, after the recent emotional battle with the Hero Killer he was unsure about how to feel about the hero he was interning with, he knew he was in for a scolding regardless of how he felt about him, Tenya now felt disappointed in himself for his selfish actions.

Hearing footsteps approaching all eyes saw a group of newcomers appear, only Y/N recognised them as the heroes he'd seen around Hosu the last few days, arriving they quickly identified the tied up individual as the Hero Killer, now brought out of his inner turmoil Y/N saw that they did match the reports of the appearance of the infamous villain. While Y/N was questioning just what had happened here (seriously he didn't even leave him for that long) Tenya offered his apologies to his classmates for the, being brought into a mess he created, even though he felt Inquisitive's unseen eyes looking at him in that moment.

To Tenya he felt the look was one of disappointment knowing just how damage the intern caused, he couldn't of been further from the truth, Y/N was just glad to know he had grown and as such would grow to become a better hero, only negatives in this situation were what consequences he'd face for failing to watch out for his intern, after all he was his responsibility.

Time for another addition to Hosu's most popular alleyway in the form the same winged Nomu from before now missing an eye, swooping in to go after Midoriya, at least that would of happened if not for Y/N. Y/N hadn't left down his guard due to the hero killer still being present, and it paid off when his readiness allowed him to get his revenge of the villain that threw him twice and once into a train, using his move; Catatonic bombardment all motion in the villain stopped and it's wings allowed it to drift over the heroes without colliding into them before crashing into the ground remaining motionless.

If one was curious why he never used this straight away it's due to the fact this technique overwhelms his quirk temporarily so he once it's used he can't use his quirk for around a minute, and now with the urgent situation and being surrounded by allies there isn't a better time. Anyway...

Everyone waited with quirks at the ready for the villain to move, but it never did

Back where he was waiting before Shigiraki witnessed a Nomu just go limp instead of attacking the brat he hated and whined about how he got a bunch of broken Nomu. Kurogiri on the other hand payed close attention to the scene and saw the same grey hero not drop his guard and react fastest to the Nomu, confirming him to be the culprit of the sudden failures of the Nomu, now he could give a physical description to the master, and after being spotted by a news helicopter they left via Kurogiri's quirk.

Soon Endeavour arrived having most likely dealing with the other villains, he caught sight of what everyone was looking at to see for the third time today a villain with its brain exposed. Waiting long enough they all assumed the villain to of been knocked unconscious from falling when Y/N revealed he stunned it with his quirk, leading them to tie them up with the Hero Killer and wait for emergency services.

When they eventually did arrive those with the most severe injuries were taken to hospital, among them the three interns had the most, Inquisitive, Gran Torino and Endeavour knew they wouldn't be hearing the last of that. Considering all the damage done to Hosu Y/N came out mostly unscathed, he had over exerted his right shoulder from catching himself from falling and a few bruises when he and what he now knew as a Nomu crashed into the train. Overall he learned that while Endeavour dealt with two Nomu's the one that Y/N knocked out of the sky...

Was dead

Apparently it wasn't from the fall, instead it came from something that happened within it's brain most likely from Y/N's quirk, considering it was the only Nomu left mostly intact as Endeavour had reduced the other two to ashes, an autopsy could be done on it, they police wanted to know what made a Nomu a Nomu although anything regarding that topic wasn't available in the general report. The Hero Killer was take in custody as well but soon after his capture old clips of him became popular and he and his ideology was discussed across the country, speaking of said villain, all heroes involved were asked to not speak of what happened and go with the cover story instead, although Y/N would need to take part in a discussion with the interns to fully sweep that under the rug.

The next day Y/N and Gran Torino joined Hosu chief of police Kenji Tsuragamae to visit the interns to discuss the consequences of their encounter, Y/N who was acquainted with Tsuragamae didn't pay attention when he first started speaking knowing how he'll just dance around the topic before finally getting to the point, although he kept a strong posture so no one noticed him day dreaming but he could still feel Iida's occasional glances to him. He eventually zoned back in when he heard them all sighing knowing they finally were finished in what Y/N would of just done as writing them a text saying "don't tell people you did crimes and neither will we", although that was just in the interns' cases, for Y/N, Gran Torino and Endavour they were all getting pay cuts which only really affected Y/N as Gran Torino was basically retired anyway and Endavour was the rich number 2 hero.

With his focus back Y/N noticed Iida approaching him so he remained silent to see what he had to say and unfortunately so did everyone else as they were all nosey and couldn't mind their own business, with the silence palpable Iida struggled to get the words out so you Y/N let out a sigh before taking charge.

Y/N: "We'll speak at the agency when you're out of the hospital" yeah he was wearing his costume still, he was still on the job after all

Seeing no one else talking and seeing as he had no reason to stay he just turned around and left after that, he wasn't going to sit there in that awkward silence, he has to hurry up and get on his phone to answer the inevitable questions the kids have about what happened as they always do when either him and Tomoko are on TV. Back in the room Y/N didn't know just how tense he left the room, to everyone else it sounded like he was disappointed in Iida before leaving not wanting to see him, when in reality he just said "we'll talk but I don't want to do it in front of all these people" and he didn't feel like sitting in an awkward silence so he just left.

After dealing with the absolute barrage of questions Kotori had bombarded him with Y/N for the first time in nearly 24 hours got time to himself, a few days later this peace was to be ruined when he knew Iida was getting out of hospital, so to stay professional Y/N got on his super suit and eventually saw Iida come in, while Y/N just wanted more sleep the intern thought he still was disappointed in him. Catching on to his tension Y/N decided to cut too the chase remembering what Tensei said his brother was like, if his posture was anything to go off he's probably gonna bow and give a big apology, yeah too early in the morning for that.

Iida: "I-"

Y/N: "I'm not mad, or disappointed I'm just glad to see your back" he didn't want to deal with any misunderstandings

Iida: "I-"

Y/N: "Yes I'm sure, the only bad part was the pay cut, gonna have to budget Christmas this year" yep don't give him an opportunity to think anything

Iida: "I-"

Y/N: "Yes I have kids, and there's seriously no need for apologues of any kind"

Iida: "..."

Y/N: "..."

There was a awkward silent minute, truthfully Iida was going to bow and apologies for the trouble he caused but Y/N had shut him down before he could ask any of questions, to Iida the hero used a mind reading quirk to know his questions, to Y/N he was just guessing what to say so Iida didn't begin a speech for an apology. In the hospital over the last few days Iida went over his internship in his head to figure out his thoughts on Inquisitive, considering how he acted yet the hero still tried genuinely teaching him, as well as worrying about him despite the problems Iida had caused, given respect to  the man and figured the situation with Tensei was forgivable given it was a case of chance, he had enough closure with the Hero Killer caught.

To Iida now he felt Y/N knew his thoughts on him so with a deep bow he then turned around and left to which Y/N was confused about, was he accidentally being rude? But if he was why'd he bow? Oh well, hero time is over it's Y/N time now, he already had packed up all he brought for his temporary agency so with it no longer being needed with Iida talked to, he texted Tsuragamae to let him know he was done with it.

Hours later getting home Y/N was greeted with a small projectile slamming into him names Kotori, while Kazuha hung back thinking he was 'too cool to hug his dad' although he missed his father who was gone for nearly a week. Tomoko also greeted him happily and also whispered in his ear she'd greet him "properly later" and baby Yuji just looked at the man, he didn't have a clue what happened, he just knew that guy was back.

Apparently talking on the phone wasn't enough for the two eldest L/N children and they decided they'd now interrogate him in person, oh well they're kids they'll grow up and change right?

Right?

Word count: 5094

A/N: Hey back at it again with another chapter, hope this makes up for the shorter one before this, so?

Good?

Bad?

Meh?

Next chapter: Canon clash

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

4.2K 217 10
!!!WITHOUT CONTINUING!!! This story is about how Y/N L/N gets from his world into the world of "My Hero Academy" with a strong quirk. She is filled w...
275K 8.1K 60
You're Best Friends With a Boy named Iida Tenya ever since childhood . You both dreamt of being future heroes, there, you both decided to go to U.A H...
2.5K 64 8
For many being born into the my hero world was hell as all the woman had quirks but the men didn't so they were treated like shit even Y/n, some men...
1.2M 34.3K 55
discontinued [F/N] [L/N] is an incredibly powerful young woman, living with one of the most powerful quirks known to man. She wants to become a her...