Welcome to Jurassic World

Від ACourtOfStories

Anya Masrani. Is any other description needed? No, but I'll give you one anyway. Despite being the daughte... Більше

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
A/N
A/N
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
A/N

Chapter 53

2.4K 94 7
Від ACourtOfStories

"I can't get hold of anybody since everything is on fire," Ian said as he hung up the phone for the third time.

"Doctor Sattler, get some water," Owen said as he handed her a bottle.

"Thank you," she sighed gratefully.

"Doctor Grant," Owen said as he handed another bottle to him.

"You're Owen Grady, right? You helped Anya work with the raptors?" Grant questioned.

"It's Masrani-Grady now, but yeah, we worked together. I'm a big fan of yours, actually. I read your book. Well, book on tape."

"Because god-forbid he picks up an actual book," Anya remarked as she walked past with a first aid kit in her hand. "How we doing?" she asked Maisie as she sat down in front of her.

"One here," she answered, pointing at the cut on her face.

"I think you'll live," she teased as she began to clean the cut, Maisie smiling back at her.

"You were both at Jurassic world, huh?" Ellie questioned Owen.

"Jurassic world?" Ian interrupted. "Not a fan."

"With all due respect to your ethical and moral perspectives, Doctor Malcolm," Anya spoke, dropping her arm from Maisie's head. "I may not agree with everything that happened, the genetic modification, the baby petting zoo, but my father didn't build that theme park to make money or even to fulfil a wish to a dying friend," she began, Owen looking at her with a proud smile on his face. "He built it to teach people some humility. To teach them some perspective. Of how big the world can be, of how small we are, how new we are, and how every moment counts," she explained as she cupped Maisie's face and made the girl smile before turning back to face Ian. "That is why my father built it. And that is why I will defend the creation of that park until my dying day."

The three doctors were rather stunned as they let her words sink in, Anya casually going back to cleaning Maisie's wound before Kayla came down from the higher level.

"Ok. So, we good to find a way out of here?" she asked as Owen swung a tranq gun onto his shoulder, everyone snapping out of their daze.

"Yep," he answered.

"Let's get it. There's a helicopter out in the main complex. We turn the ADS back on we go home," Kayla explained before Ellie asked what the ADS was.

Anya, in the meantime, was cursing the fact that she had to get on a plane again as she packed up the med supplies.

"Hey," Maisie said softly as she reached for Anya's hand. "It'll be alright, mum," she promised, and Anya looked as if she was about to cry as she wrapped Maisie in another hug.

"Rani," Owen called as he looked over some blueprints while Kayla explained what the ADS was. "Can you make out any of this?"

She rolled her eyes at him as she began pouring over the blueprints.

"How are we going to turn it back on?" Maisie asked as she approached the table where her parents stood.

"Ok, so it looks like all the systems run through to the control room which is on the third floor," she announced as she tapped her finger on the plans.

"These outposts are all connected underground," Owen revealed before he and Ian managed to slide open a metal door to reveal a ladder that led down.

"Your, uh, your wife," Ian said to Owen after they did so. "She's a bit of a fiery one, isn't she?"

He smirked.

"Only when someone insults her family or tells her she can't do something," he replied as Ian raised his eyebrows and nodded whilst Owen turned to Alan. "Alright, easy, Rambo," he said as he took back the tranq gun that Alan was holding at the ready.

"Alright, Maisie, two hands and follow me down, ok?" Anya said as she held a torch in her hand and prepared to go down the ladder.

Owen watched as she waited for Maisie to nod before gripping her flashlight in her teeth and beginning the climb down the ladder and into the tunnels.

Anya held the torch in one hand and her knife in the other as they made a slow journey down the dark tunnel, Owen and Ian taking up the rear as he had the gun.

It took a while and a few wrong turns, but they eventually made it, and from the control room you could see the entire forest burn.

"This is very bad," Ian remarked as Anya sat at a desk.

"This is the same system my father used at the park. I know this," Anya realised as she began typing, Owen leaning over her shoulder as he watched.

"Great. So, we can turn on the thing and then we can all get out of here?" Ian asked as he sat down.

"System functions...ADS," Anya muttered to herself as she worked before a big red message flashed on the screen. "Error 99? What's an Error 99?" she asked.

"Not enough power," came a new voice as another man walked into the room. "In a breakdown, all available power is used by the primary system to keep running. We need all that power to reactivate the ADS," he explained.

"So, the system's safety feature is what's going to kill us?" Alan clarified.

"Of course," Kayla laughed sarcastically.

"Then how do we get more power?" Maisie asked from where she stood next to Anya, having explained to her that they could trust this guy named Ramsey.

"Uh, we can't but we can redistribute what we have. We just need to..."

"Shut down the primary system," Anya finished as she stood.

"Yes exactly," Ramsey answered.

"Where is it?" Ellie asked.

"Next floor up," Ramsey said.

"We escaped down here," Maisie said as she pointed to a blueprint on the computer screen.

"Where is that? Water treatment centre?" Owen questioned.

"Hydroelectric system. Sub-eight," Ramsey answered.

"Give me 10 minutes and I can find her," Owen said as his wife approached him.

"I can do it in 8," she challenged, and Owen gave her a look. "Come on, Sailor, we made a promise. And you know they listen to me better."

Owen sighed as he handed over the gun.

"Wait. Who's this now?" Ellie questioned as she and Kayla grabbed walkie-talkies.

"Beta. Blue's baby," Maisie answered.

"Velociraptor," Kayla added.

"A baby raptor?" Alan questioned.

"And you gave her a name. how about that?" Ian remarked.

"I made a promise we would bring her home," Owen explained.

"You made a promise to a dinosaur?" Ian questioned.

"I believe you're seriously underestimating the intelligence of these creatures, Dr Malcolm," Anya replied as she pulled her braid out from under the strap of the gun.

"You're coming with us, right?" Maisie asked Alan.

"Maisie, I-"

"Please," she asked, leaving the doctor no choice but to agree.

"Ok, so that leaves me and Owen to shut off the power," Ellie said as he moved over to her.

"Baby," Anya called as she handed him her knife seeing as his was lost after the Giganotosaurus knocked it out of his hands. "I'll be on channel five," she said as she tossed Ian a walkie.

"Ok," he said, still with an unimpressed look on his face.

"We're on three," Ellie said as she tossed a walkie to Ramsey and Owen faced his wife.

"Come back to me," he said.

"Always," she smiled before pecking his lips.

"And take care of my girl," he said as he pointed at Maisie and Anya rolled her eyes.

"It hurts that you don't trust me, Sailor."

"I'll have that chopper hot in 10. Wait for my signal," Kayla instructed.

"Alright, let's move people," Anya ordered, and they were off.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Running To My Forever Від Nerdfanatic247

Наукова фантастика

1.7K 58 10
Running To My Forever, Book One in my Jurassic World Trilogy. An Owen Grady Love Story. Elizabeth Grace Hammond. That's right, she is the granddaught...
63.3K 1.5K 20
*COMPLETED, UNDER EDITING.* You'd think working in Jurassic World would be filled with more excitement. But not for (Y/N) (L/N), being best friends w...
120K 2.4K 17
❝What a plot twist you were.❞ Y/n is a 16 year old girl that lives on Isla Nublar. She moved there a few years ago with her father's best friend Owen...
1.7K 51 10
Set four years after the events of Jurassic Park. Ian and Clarissa Malcolm are happier than ever until Clary receives news from her father and he wa...