Princess Irisa And The Fragil...

By Kendjunior_

When Irisa, the first prefecture princess of Hasten, a big city in the state of Kaley got betrothed to the fi... More

Prologue.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Epilogue.

10

32 5 0
By Kendjunior_

* * * *
The council meeting

.Aaron.

"My queen," A council member stood to his feet and bowed acknowledging the queens and the crown prince. Aaron swallowed, his jaw ticking.

"We are looking into the issue at our border with Silkon Valley. Although the crown prince was able to put the looming conflict to rest, there are still rumors of threats of violence." Aaron frowned.

He had warned the council members before the bastard they wanted to lead them in the future went to the border that violence wouldn't solve anything. Using diplomacy would be the best resort to acquiring long-term peace with them and Silkon valley.

"We need a long-lasting solution to this problem. The locals have been complaining of poisoned water and the destruction of their grains and this is just little of what they have been doing to try and attack great Kaley. We have to silence them forever."

"So what do you propose we do?" she asked the council member. He shook his head looking down, "for now, I have no idea. I am still trying to figure something out. Something that will benefit Kaley the most." Aaron almost scoffed. But of course! Great Kaley must leach off their neighbors to prove some sort of dominance.

Their mentality was sickening and he was frankly tired of it. Taking his advice would have been their best bet but of course what could cripple Aaron know?

He watched as they contemplated and deliberated on how they going to create a long-term solution to the problems they were facing. He wasn't going to suggest diplomacy again. First, they would never take his advice, they believed him to be cripple and incapable and unfit to not only be their crown prince but to make decisions as regards the kingdom at large.

If he eventually suggests it and they take his advice, they would never give him credit nor would they reward him, for his services, they never did.

His mind went back to his wife the first princess of Kaley, a title she held and had nothing to show for it. She practically was holding his manor together. She took care of him and everything and he knew that she was rightfully furious at what had happened yesterday.

He knew he shouldn't have listened to his guard's advice, what did Raymond know about women? He shook his head almost smiling, Irisa had made general efforts but he couldn't help but feel she wasn't to be trusted. She could easily let his hidden secrets out if he trusted her.

Who is to say she wasn't a spy to the Empress? after all, she was raised by that devil Jessica! She could very well be reporting every activity in the manor. Then again there were barely any activities to report, he made sure of it.

"What do you have to say about this Aaron..." he looked up to his younger brother, his mouth thinned in displeasure. It hadn't gone unnoticed that his younger brother wasn't happy about his seat on the council.

He didn't care much about what his brother thought, he was only a fool that used violence to think.

"I have no contribution, my prince," he said respectfully.

"Oh so all of us are deliberating here, trying to find a solution to a looming problem for Kaley and you sit there with nothing to contribute?" Aaron's jaw clenched, he said nothing, knowing that the insult was going next.

"Tell me again why you are on this council?!" Donald eyed the useless thing. "If mother is cuddling you and too afraid to say, then I will speak the truth. You are a burden here! I am not sure why you keep forcing yourself on us! The council members do not need your service! You are absolutely useless. If I were you I would kill myself..."

"Donald!" the Empress scolded looking around, the council all looked at the arrogant prince in utmost displeasure.

"I am sorry my prince... That you find my existence useless. Next time, I will make sure to think of ideas to help better the kingdom."

"So you have to think ahead as to what the kingdom needs?" he asked amused. "I thought mother said you were smart?" he turned towards his mother, "are you sure he is handling the little task you are giving him well, he seems far lazier than the last time I saw him. I mean being cripple doesn't mean you can't be useful to great Kaley?!"

"I make sure he works my son, do not worry." turning toward Aaron, the Empress smiled, "hum... My son why don't you take the day off? You know your brother's temper. I apologize."

"Why are you apologizing mother, all I said was the truth. I do not want to see you in this council meeting as from now on until you can prove that you are competent of the best giving to you, please take you to leave." Aaron looked at his mother if she was going to say something, anything. He sighed deeply and signaled Raymond, who bowed to the whole room and pushed him off.

"You keep letting him humiliate you! This isn't fair! You have done nothing wrong, you have done nothing to him!" Aaron said nothing, as his guard continued wheeling him away from the palace.

"He is enjoying your humiliation and you are doing nothing about it?!" Raymond continued.

"How is the princess doing?" he asked not showing any acknowledgment of the concern his guard had raised. Raymond sighed, his boss had always been like that. Not minding nor caring about the mistreatment from the royal family. It was battling the rate at which he was disrespected and the level of patience he had.

"I am not sure, she had revised breakfast, Nancy said she was worried that it is only when she was seriously upset did she hum... Not eat... I am not sure what happened between you too but I am sure it is your fault that the princess is upset." he rolled his eyes and carried one of his legs with his hands, moving it around to make himself more comfortable.

"I apologized, she saw through my lies and demanded I tell the truth. She was even more upset when I admitted it."

"Rightfully so!" Raymond agreed to make Aaron frown.

"But you told me to go there, you told me what to say." Raymond rolled his eyes.

"My friend understanding a woman is like understanding a complex puzzle. I hope you understand that things between you two have been complex because you think she is working with the Empress but I am sure she would have been caught by now if she were. Plus, the Empress has been least interested in you for a decade now, I don't think she would suddenly be interested in you now. I think she was used as a ploy to secure Hasten's union with the royal family. Haven't you thought of that? The bastard child of the duke of hasten gets married to the unwanted and forgotten prince. Don't you think that makes more sense than anything you have formulated in your head?" Aaron turned toward him, he looked

"What if..."

"No! Don't think about that, don't overthink it. We have more to think about now the crown prince is here and he has banned you from coming to the council meetings." Raymond said worriedly.

"That is the least of my worries. I am going back to make things right with the princess. I need all the help I can get especially now that we know where the keys are."

"You will use her to get it?" he asked and he nodded, "but you know she is impossible?" he asked making sure his friend knew what he was up against.

"I know and I am sure you also know she is a woman. Her soft heart will not allow her to see through any of my acts." Raymond scoffed and looked away.

"Well, I will be watching, just make sure you do not do anything that could potentially sabotage your relationship with her. She is still your wife after all." he just nodded, and the carriage slowed down as they approached the manor.

"Will you go with us on the mission? Or be here?" he asked and then looked toward the other side of the manor, coming down from the carriage, he helped him and pulled him into his wheel.

"I wish you good luck, my friend," Raymond said as he approached Irisa with a smile on his face. "Good day your grace," he greeted letting go of the handle. Her maid slightly bowed in greeting to the guard, "good day your excellency, good day sir Raymond." she greeted. Irisa not looking at him, bowed and greeted him reluctantly.

"Good day my prince." she greeted, he nodded, raising his hand and dismissing Nancy. Leaving both of them, Nancy followed and soon entered the manor to find Anita.

"How are you today?" he inquired eyeing her as if almost investigating.

"I... I am... I am good." she stuttered and they fell silent again.

"Hum... Do you wish to play chess?" he asked after a while not knowing what to say.

"Look if it is still about the feast, then I was thinking I should stay home. I am going to start here, I don't want any trouble with you or the royal family."

"I never said so, you can come with me and behave however you please." he smiled which did nothing to ease her confusion.

"I don't know what you are unto now prince Aaron but I am not going to behave as though we are fine when we are not. You have shown me time and time again that you do not want me anywhere near you I have accepted that I am unwanted and I am looking to change her."

"I hum... I apologize for the way I have treated you since the beginning of our marriage, I will make sure you never feel unwanted anymore." She raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms.

Why the sudden change?"

"I have realized that we are going to be spending the rest of our life together, the least I could do is get to know you." she squeezed her eyebrow.

"All this is confusing, I am going into my chamber, I will see you when we are set to leave for the palace. Goodbye, my prince, I will see you soon." she bowed softly and turned walking back into the manor.

* * * *
"You look so beautiful, princess." Nancy smiled feeling proud of her work. Irisa rose to her feet, taking a deep breath. She adjusted her hand jewelry and turned towards the doorway, "you will come with me, you have to be dressed we'll also. You cannot accompany me to the palace looking like this." Nancy nodded, "I will get myself ready quickly."

"Where is she?!" Aaron asked, looking around worriedly. "Relax, my prince, she is a woman, you can't expect her to finish up in minutes. She would need to be patient and let her take her time."

"I don't understand, Does it take her the whole day to get ready?" he asked his guard staring at the guard worriedly.

"You should stop worrying about everything, Aaron. You will get wrinkles soon," Raymond shook his head.

"I am not..."

"My prince!" Irisa finally called, and Nancy help her out of the room. "I am sorry I have kept you waiting..." he turned toward her almost gaping. She was truly a sight to behold. Wearing, her royal headpiece, adorned with golden beads and small crystals.

Wearing the princess's clothes, adorned her black skin, as beautiful as hot bronze. Her make up minimal but still out-doing anything he has seen before.

"You... You... You hum... Wow!" he said speechless, "you look exquisite, princess." her smile brightened.

"Thank you, prince Aaron." she bowed a little smiling. Feeling pleased, "shall we leave?" Raymond said almost amused. Aaron glared at him, turning back to her, "shall we leave?" he asked her and she nodded.

"We shall my prince."

* * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369 65 16
Iris has secrets. Many secrets. One of them is that she's an assassin, She's part of The NightStalkers the group of rebels who supposedly went missin...
1K 241 16
It was the last minute... I missed my chance. He was standing right in front of me, but I was too weak, to say something. He waited for me, but I d...
63.4K 2.9K 42
Looking at herself in mirror a lone tear fall from her eyes now she is a bride, a wife to a king, war bride which come like a deal to him. She is t...
23 1 3
On the eve of her seventeenth birthday, Melior of Milana finds herself embroiled in a scheme to trap her into marriage with a neighboring king. After...