just kids || zodiac story

ochaaxv

โ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™จ๐™ค ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ?โž โ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด, ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ..โž *'ยจยฏยจ'* 4 ki... ะ•ั‰ะต

i.
๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™™๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™›๐™š๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™ค
๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™™๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ข๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™ก๐™–
๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™™๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ง๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ
๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™™๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ค๐™› ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ข๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™๐™–๐™š๐™ง๐™–
๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
author's note

๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ

224 8 5
ochaaxv

"okay, and then he's the fucking son of the King everyone hates! crazy! and then, in the second book, he fills the library with squirrels because she was forced to leave the school after figuring out a suspect! and when she comes back, he's all 'awww i miss you. now help me prove this suspect into guilty.' like huh? and-.."

virgo has been rambling about books for hours. gemini felt like he was going to drop, yawning occasionally and trying to keep floating around so he doesn't waste energy on walking so much.

they've been drifting about the forest a lot, like a boat in the middle of nowhere. virgo's rambling has not made it any more easier, only adding sleep to the mixture.

"wait, did you hear that?"

virgo stopped his talking, blinking and staring at gemini in confusion

"hear what?"

he asked, even more confused on why he didn't hear anything but gemini seemed to be on edge, putting his hand up to keep virgo from saying anything else.

"... i feel like i heard footsteps."

he mumbled, spinning around and hovering to stand next to virgo. he was suddenly uneasy and felt a bit nervous, holding onto virgo's arm and dragging him further into the forest.

"so we're going further into the forest that stores the footsteps you heard?"

virgo said bluntly, clearly unimpressed by gemini's plan of escape or safety. he sighed and just let the boy drag him further into the forest, stumbling over branches and roots every now and then.

"slow down! jesus, where did you get all this strength from?"

gemini still didn't respond, taking turns and still flying quickly around the forest. he wasn't sure where he was going as well, maybe he wanted to find who those footsteps belonged to. or maybe he was just panic travelling and trying to get anywhere else but here. where was even 'here?'

he was so lost in thought, his body was on auto pilot and he wasn't aware of where he was going, just taking random turns and going wherever his body wanted him to.

"hey- hey gem.. gemini! it's getting a bit cold, isn't it?"

virgo's voice pulled him out from his thoughts like a rope around his waist tugging him out from a dark cavern. he was finally aware of everything, stopping in his tracks and breathing out to see his breath fogged

"what the?.."
"yeah, me too. it's getting really cold.."

virgo shivered and hugged himself, rubbing his arms and breathing out to see his breath foggy. gemini looked around, the forest was still bright and there was no sign of cold weather today, so why was it so cold all a sudden?

"that.. isn't normal. there's someone here and they're manipulating the weather.."

gemini mumbled, turning around to face virgo and pulling him in close, almost hugging him.

"we have to stay close to reserve body heat, so we don't freeze to death. we need to keep moving too or we'll freeze to death."
"sounds like we'll die if we do one wrong move. kind of tedious.."
"that is exactly what's happening."

gemini replied bluntly, taking a sharp turn to where the sun seems to be. but once he got underneath the sun ray, it seemed to fade away and become blocked with a cloud that came out of nowhere.

"i'm suddenly disliking whoever is doing this." he said between gritted teeth, making virgo frown and glance around more.

"maybe it isn't so bad?... what if it's just coincidence?"
"don't be stupid, virgo. obviously someone is doing this." gemini snapped back quickly and harshly, looking around and letting a shiver run up his spine.

virgo looked around, staring up at the clouds, before seeing they were slowly mixing together. he frowned a bit, there was no reported rain for today.. and despite it being a sunny day, small raindrops started landing on his head, causing him to yelp in surprise and cover his hair with his hand.

"what the? rain? what are the people up there doing?!" gemini scolded, grabbing virgo's hand and dragging him off to somewhere else. the rain only got heavier and they were slowly getting drenched in the rain, the leaves from the trees barely making cover for them and the dirt and grass slowly becoming to mud.

after a few distressed turns and travelling, they stumbled across an abandoned cabin that seemed good enough to live in for a while. since they had no other choice, gemini walked into the cabin with virgo without much of a second thought.

"you do know abandoned cabins are usually how characters die, right?" virgo said, unimpressed and soaked with rainwater.
"correction; they get injured at best. they die from other causes most of the time since they run out of the cabin and, i dunno, do something dumb." gemini said in a matter-of-fact voice, grinning cockily at virgo.

virgo just rolled his eyes and walked pass gemini, who was still trying to take off his coat, and saw a fireplace. he glanced at the wood nearby and wished one of the inferno children were with them right now. he picked up the firewood and threw them into the fireplace, looking around to see if they had any fire source around.

his eyes caught eye with a candle and he reached over for it, grabbing it and making sure to be careful not to burn the whole cabin down. he lit the wood with the flame of the candle, watching the small flame grow, before getting impatient and throwing the whole candle inside the fireplace.

normally, that would do nothing and just set out the flame of the candle, but suddenly fire engulfed all the wood and crackled in the fireplace. virgo's eyes widened and he turned around to see gemini just staring at him, blinking and confused.

"did you see what i just did?"
"yeah.. what the heck? that isn't normal."
gemini pointed at the fireplace with a judgemental stare, before sighing and grabbing his wet clothes to put near the fireplace.

"we'll just have to make do with it. our clothes are wet so i recommend finding some spare clothes in this cabin or something." gemini offered, standing up and staring at virgo, who was still fully dressed.

"huh? oh, right.. okay." virgo was a bit stunned, as gemini was shirtless. gemini didn't have a muscles or anything, his body was slim and curved in all the right places, but you could see faint marks and his rib bones whenever he lifted his arms up.

virgo tore his gaze away from gemini and taking off his own shirt and other removable clothes, putting them in front of the fireplace. he then went upstairs the cabin, but instantly felt nervous as the hallways to the bedrooms was dark and spooky. there were cobwebs in every corner of the house and dirty stains of dust or some other substance virgo couldn't make out on the walls and doors.

he thickly gulped and slowly walked down the hallway, the planks creaking beneath his feet. he was completely on edge, glancing around and freezing at any little movement. he opened on door and peeked inside, seeing it was empty; there was a pole leaning against the wall.

virgo grabbed the pole and went out the room again, leaving the door open, and slowly crept to the door at the end of the hallway. there were sounds coming from behind the door, scurrying and sounds of boxes being pushed over.

maybe it was his imagination but he wasn't taking any chances, he wasn't going to recreate any scenes from a horror book today, oh no no no.

virgo put his hand on the door knob. he twisted it open. but he was too nervous to push it open. the sounds were only more audible with the door open. it confirmed something was inside. or someone.

he glanced around, seeing if anyone else was around. when he checked all the other doors were locked, he took the chance. he kicked the door open. he put the pole in front of him. and slowly walked inside. it was dark. too dark to see. and then, he saw movement. lots of it. the scurrying got louder. more crashes of boxes.

what was making this happen?

virgo lifted up his bat once he saw the box in front of him tumble. and he swung. he swung everywhere in the dark, stumbling into the room. he closed his eyes and hit walls, floors, boxes.

he kept stumbling about until he finally hit a light switch, seeing rats scurry out of the door to escape the crazy man swinging a metal pole around.

he sighed in relief when it was only mice, lowering his bat and dragging it on the floor. he was still trying to calm his paranoia and racing heart, not hearing the footsteps behind him.

once he was calmer, he turned around. the bat clattered into the floor. virgo screamed at the top of his lungs, fear overcoming him.

"hey, hey! what in the world are you doing?! stop yelling!"

gemini yelled over virgo's scream, rushing over to him and putting his hand over virgo's mouth.

"what were you doing? why are you up here with a bat?"

virgo finally calmed down and realised it was just gemini. he sighed in relief and calmed down, relaxing his shoulders. gemini uncovered virgo's mouth, staring at him in confusion.

"i- i was exploring and there was an unnerving feeling up here.."

he mumbled, leaning closer to gemini just because he needed the comfort.

"okay, well don't do that again because we need to stick together. if one of us goes missing, we're screwed." gemini declared, taking virgo's hand and leading him back downstairs to the warm fireplace.

"we can settle here until the rain dies down, im sure they'll get it figured out." he said rather confidently, sitting down and patting the space next to him for virgo to sit.

"well... i don't know, the rain seems really heavy and there's no signs of it stopped anytime soon.." virgo mumbled, turning his head to look out the window. it was true, the rain was extremely loud against the wood of the cabin and sounded very harsh.

"... come on, just relax and get warmed up." gemini nudged virgo's arm and huddled closer to the fire, putting his hands out for the warmth of the fire.

"right, okay."

・⸝⸝﹒₊˚﹕﹒₊‧

it's been a while since they've rested in the cabin, the fire crackling in the comfortable yet uneasy silence between the two. they don't know how long it has been but the rain hasn't changed one bit. it hasn't died down or gotten worse, a consistent harsh pounding to the cabin walls and roof.

"when will we ever get out of here?" virgo sighed, finally talking as he took notice of the time they've wasted here.

"be patient. i'm sure we'll be out here soon." gemini tried to reassure him, but he was also getting really nervous about whether the rain would stop at all in the next few hours, "i'll have a real good chat with the people up there when we get out of here.."

"okay, well.. i guess we can only wait— woah!"
a sudden gust of wind came from the window that was forced open, probably from all the harsh weather outside, and blew out the fire. gemini quickly scurried to his feet and slammed the window shut with a bit of a struggle, the wind pushing back on him.

he managed to lock the window closed with a hard click but now the room was freezing, the fire out and darkness swallowing the cabin again.

"gemini?.." virgo's voice rung out for his companion, creaks of footsteps and stances caused by the old floorboards.

"right here. we need to set up the fire again." gemini walked in front of virgo, holding his arm and making sure the two were close to each other.

"i don't know if we can.. the rain got in and dampened the wood, and i don't think we have a fire source anymore." virgo said disappointedly, frowning at the sad fireplace that was burning with flame and warmth.

"... okay, that's fine. maybe we can figure out something if we just find a heater or anything in here.."

the two walked around the bottom floor carefully, clinging onto each other's arms, and using the walls as guidance around the place. gemini was trying to find a heater, or maybe a light switch, but they were out of luck. there were no signs of either once they've done a few laps around the floor.

"this is hopeless. what are you going to do now?" virgo sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. while they were exploring, they haven't noticed the temperature has dropped a considerable amount, causing the two to huddle together and shiver.

"maybe.. maybe there's something outside." gemini offered, breathing out a cold breath, "was it always this cold in here?"

"i don't know— but i'm freezing right now!"

"okay, let's check the heater." the two of them made sure they were close to each other as they headed downstairs, the cold creeping up their skin. gemini crouched down, checking the old, dusty heater that didn't seem to be on in the first place. the fire was out and they were left the dark.

"did you bring any flashlights?" virgo knew they didn't pack anything while entering the forest, since they didn't plan this far ahead, but it was worth a try to ask.

"no.. hold on, let's get our jackets." gemini stood up, giving up on the rusted heater. he grabbed both of their jackets that were on the floor, handing virgo's one to him before putting on his own.

while the two huddled together and tried to get as much body heat from each other as possible, a pair of glowing eyes glowered at them from the corner of the room. gemini felt chills run down his spine and looked up, seeing the glow in the dark eyes. before he could alert virgo, the thing made the house rumble with a scream ripped out from the depths of hell.

virgo and gemini stared at the monstrosity, frozen in place, "... gemini.. do you see what i see?"
".... yeah."
"good. i'm not going insane."

the monster roared again, sending a wave of ice towards the two boys. they both screamed, jumping out of the way before the ice travelled across the floor and up the wall. the two rushed to their feet, dodging each ice attack while the monster remained in its dark corner.

"i can't make it levitate for you to kick if it doesn't come out of the dark, let alone have a body!" gemini called out, making himself float as the floor was slowly beginning to be covered with ice and slipping was a much higher possibility now.

"okay, maybe we can make some warmth! uhh.. fire' the fireplace!" virgo rushed over to the burnt out wood, slipping and stumbling. gemini made sure to cover virgo, distracting the monster for as long as possible as virgo tried to light the fire with new firewood.

but the cold wind that has formed in the cabin refused to allow fire to form, blowing out any spark or flame virgo produced with the flint and rock that was left for the fireplace.

"it won't light! the monster keeps blowing ice and wind onto the fire!" virgo called out, barely dodging an ice spike. gemini groaned loudly in response, jumping up and watching more ice crackle and run up the walls. suddenly, when he landed, the plank under him broke and snapped. luckily, he was left unharmed, but now there was a hole in the floor.

he stared at the floor and then at the walls, getting an idea. he started ripping the floor planks apart, making them float and making a semi-circle shield around virgo and the fireplace. it strained him but it had to do, even if the cold was starting to make his skin numb and his lips blue.

"VIRGO! LIGHT THE FIRE!"
gemini yelled out, running over to the half shield he made. there weren't enough planks to make a full border around them but he covered the main bits of the fireplace. he stumbled as the monster roared again, sending a huge ice wave towards the wood shield he made. gemini bit his bottom lip in worry, hoping the shield would work.

virgo felt the wood behind him shudder, the crackling behind him. it worked! the planks that were towered up blocked the ice from reaching virgo or the fire. quickly, virgo had made a new fire and it swallowed up all the wood.

at first, virgo thought it wasn't enough, until the fire danced and grew, lighting up the whole place. it escaped pass its metal railings, melting the ice and making the cold hide away. the glowing eyes screamed in terror and pain, hiding away into the cold shadows again.

eventually, the whole cabin had heated up and the fire was peaceful again, fluttering and sparking in its fireplace. gemini sighed in relief as heat reentered his body, causing him to collapse. virgo leaned against the wooden planks behind him, watching the fire.

suddenly, the fire spat out a letter.. strange.. virgo caught it and flipped it out, his eyes widening at the sight of what was before him.

"gemini... you might want to see this."

for so long, you've been getting small snippets of the letter. but now, you can read what the other's been dreading to see.

𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘪 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦.

𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴. 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥𝘴. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘪𝘵, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦.

𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯.

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘦𝘳
𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓲.

A/N:
.... *awkwardly stands here.*
uhhh.. hi! so, remember i said i would publish a chapter before new years?
*laughs nervously in 21st of February*
IN MY DEFENCE... i'm australian. anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter! it's pretty rushed but i think it's short and sweet. anyways, hopefully next chapter is more action packed. okay, byeeee!!

not proof read or edited!!

ะŸั€ะพะดะพะปะถะธั‚ัŒ ั‡ั‚ะตะฝะธะต

ะ’ะฐะผ ั‚ะฐะบะถะต ะฟะพะฝั€ะฐะฒะธั‚ัั

Who We Are (A Zodiac Story) Aqua!*

ะคัะฝั‚ะตะทะธ

11.7K 527 68
Another world exists. A world above consisting of multiple realms. In this balanced universe, we explore the lives of a military group called the zod...
The Zodiac Rebellion {COMPLETED} alientae___

ะคัะฝั‚ะตะทะธ

18K 210 42
There are 12 Zodiac Signs, as you all know. The Zodiac country is split up in different large masses of land, like a state, called sections. But what...
We're Different | Rewrite | ๐Ÿ—ธ WittyKa

ะคัะฝั‚ะตะทะธ

606 2 28
A Kingdom has 12 villages around it. In each village, one child is born with a mark on their body, to let their parents know that they are special. T...
10K 179 32
four kingdoms, 12 Royals each with their own powers that are yet to be discovered. There is a celebration done on a yearly basis where all the kings...