Hey brother,hey sister ᴇᴍ

By thesupernaturalTeen

"Hey, brother, there's an endless road to re-discover Hey, sister, know the water's sweet but blood is thicke... More

Hey brother,hey sister
HeyBrother
Epigraph
Summary
Graphic Gallery
Act one
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Act two
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two

Chapter seventeen

1K 44 4
By thesupernaturalTeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: let the right one in

♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

IT WAS THUNDERING OUTSIDE, JENSEN GILBERT HAD TRIED TO IGNORE IT AND FALL ALSEEP. It was proved to be difficult to sleep. Anyway, Elena had entered his room, telling him to make sure that the windows in his room were closed, as she said that she had already closed the rest of the windows.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

The next day, the twins had gone to the Salvatore house. Damon is boarding up the window that Frederick and Beth-Anne broke through. Stefan and Elena watch him. Jensen is sat on the couch, legs thrown over the back of it and head hanging off the front of it. Is his hair was longer, it'd be hitting the floor.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon speaks.

"Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, 'Oops. Sorry?'" Stefan sarcastically speaks.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her," Elena says.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's...scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back."

"You have a serious obsession with her," Jensen tells the Raven-haired vampire.

"Of course she is." Elena speaks at the same time. "Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process."

"You don't have to be snarky about it." Damon told her.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky."

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire? Plus, Jensen isn't being snarky."

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities." Elena told him. "And Jensen had either been ignoring you or insulting you."

"Ouch."

"That's true, I've been doing that. Or imagining breaking that board of wood he just put up to stab him." Jensen speaks.

"This isn't being very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah? Hmm." Stefan hummed.

"Oh, hey, is the vampire that attacked you...were they male? Black hair, brown eyes?" Jensen questioned. "Because he was at the Grill last night and tried to compel Jenna, also called me Kaleb."

At that, all three turned to him.

"He called you Kaleb?"
"He tried to compel Jenna?"

"Yeah, why the fuck would he call me Kaleb?"

Elena, Stefan, and Damon all look at each other.
♅ꂅᎩ ᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

Stefan informed Jensen about how he and Elena looked exactly like Kaleb and Katherine Pierce.

And when Elena and Jensen got him, Elena explained it more to him. "Remember that day when you and Bonnie got trapped under ground? When Damon had taken him on a trip after the car crash?"

"Yeah." Jensen says.

"Well, the reason I was even on the road at that time, was I found a picture. Well, two pictures. On the bottom of the photos had Katherine 1864 and Kaleb 1864." Elena informed. "Kaleb looked exactly like you."

Jensen's phone ring, he glanced down at the contact: Demon it reads. So, he ignored it.  Just as he and Elena had ignored the last five calls. Until, they hear a knock on the door. Both get up, Jensen beating Elena to the door as he opened it.

Damon walked in. "You're ignoring me."

"The six missed calls? Sorry. My phone is dead." Elena lied.

"Didn't recognize the number," Jensen shrugged.

"Is Stefan here?" Damon questioned.

"No. Why? Something wrong?" Elena asked back.

"He went out in the woods and didn't come back. I can't get him on his phone. I figured he was here with you." Damon looked to Elena.

Elena tried to call Stefan. "It's going straight to voice-mail. Where could he be?"

"You're not going to like what I'm thinking," Damon announced.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

"Are you sure this isn't one of Damon's evil plans?" Jensen asked.

Before Elena could answer, they both noticed that Damon was jogging back to them. Jensen wondered why he didn't vampire speed over to the car, he wouldn't get his clothes as wet. Elena opened the door, getting out and taking the umbrella. "Come on." She told Jensen.

The two jogged over, standing under the umbrella. "What happened? Where is he?" Elena questioned.

"They have him. I can't get in." Damon replied.

"Why not?" Jensen asked.

"Because the woman who owns the house is compelled to not let me in."

"We can get in," Elena says and goes to walk to the house, as does Jensen.

Damon grabs one arm of Elena's, and one arm of Jensen's. "You're not going in there."

"I'm going!" Elena struggled to get out of the grip.

"Get your hands off of us," Jensen slapped at the offending hand.

"You're not going in there." Damon says, only shooting Jensen an annoyed look.

"Why are they doing this? What do they want with him?" Elena questioned.

"Revenge. They want revenge."

"We gotta do something."

"I know."

"We can't let them hurt him. We gotta get him out of there.0

"I know. Elena, I know. But I don't know how to get him out." Damon says.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

Alaric is walking down the hallway when Damon appears. Alaric stops in his tracks.

"Well, don't you look...alive?" Damon speaks.

"You can't hurt me." Alaric replied.

"Oh, I can hurt you, all right."

Elena and Jensen walk out from behind the wall. "Mr. Saltzman. We need your help."

They end up going into Alaric's classroom to talk.

"Stefan's in the house. Damon's a vampire. He can't get in. We need you. I would go, but-"Jensen says.

"But your life is valuable. Yours, on the other hand is..." Damon interrupted.

"Wow. Wow. That wasn't what I was going to say at all. And that's not what we think either," Jensen gestured to himself and Elena. "It's just that Stefan-"

"Stefan told me about your ring."  Elena speaks.

"What about it?" Alaric asked.

"Let me recap..." Damon speaks. "You tried to kill me. I defended myself. You died. Then according to my brother, your ring brought you back to life. Am I leaving anything out?"

"Yeah. The part where I try and kill you again. Only this time, I don't miss." Alaric stands up.

Elena steps in front of him. "Mr. Saltzman. Please. It's Stefan."

"I'm sorry, Elena. But it's not my problem."

Jensen groaned. "Then give me your ring. I promise to bring it back."

"That's a shame. Because the woman in charge of the crowd can help you find your wife."  Damon says at the same time, getting up from the window he sat at, walking over to the group and pulling Jensen a step back.

Once again, Jensen slapped at his hand. "I will stab you. There's pencils right there."

"You're lying." Alaric tells Damon.

"Am I? Why don't you ask her for yourself? Coward. Come on, Elena. Jensen."  Damon says, heading towards the door.

"All right! Wait. I'll go." Alaric calls out to them.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

Alaric in his classroom pulls out his arsenal of vampire weapons. Jensen had the thought of how the man would be fired and possibly arrested if they ever searched the teacher's car.

"Teacher by day, vampire hunter by night," Damon commented.

"I've you to thank for that." Alaric looked up at Damon.

"What are these?" Elena gestured to the darts.

"Those are tranquilizer darts filled with vervain." Alaric answered.

"Just get me in. I'll get Stefan out." Damon speaks.

"That's your plan? You're just gonna take them all on yourself? I get that you're a mass murderer and everything," Jensen speaks. "But there's no way you can handle a dozen vampires in a fight by yourself."

"Well, I'll be a little stealthier than that, hopefully."

Elena takes one of the vervain darts.

Alaric immediately moved to take it back. "Whoa. What are you doing?"

"I'm going with you guys." Elena replied.
"Should she have asked to take the weapon first?" Jensen questioned.

"No. No. No. No. No way. Neither of you are going," Damon tells the two.

"You need me. I'll get in. You could distract them, and then we'll get Stefan out." Elena tells him.

"You'll both get yourself killed. You're not going in there."

"I'm going," Jensen says.
"I'm going," Elena speaks.

Damon looks at Alaric. "So, when you get me in, get out as quickly as you can. I know how to sneak around where they can't hear me. You'll basically just be in the way."

"Damon, now is not the time to be the lone ranger." Elena tells him.

"Fine. Elena, you can drive the getaway car. You're not going in the house."  Damon says.

"Since when do you have humane feelings?" Jensen asked the Raven-haired vampire. "Mr. Saltzman, which of these weapons are better to use?"

"You are not going in either," Damon said, looking at the other in annoyance and disbelief at disregarding what he was saying.

"You can't stop me. It's Stefan we're talking about here. You don't understand."  Elena tells Damon.

"Oh, I understand. I understand. He's the reason you live. His love lifts you up where you belong. I get it." Damon mocks.

"Can you just not joke around for two seconds?"

"I can't protect you, Elena, Jensen . I don't know how many vampires there are in there." He snaps his fingers. "That's how long it takes you to get your head ripped off. I have to be able to get in and get out. I can't be distracted with your safety. Or this will end up a bloodbath that none of us walk away from...Including Stefan. I know. I get it. I understand."

"If we're gonna go, let's go." Alaric speaks, as he started to pack up his weapons.

He didn't notice that one of the vervain darts was missing.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

The two Gilbert twins sat in the car. Elena pulls a vervain syringe from Alaric's bag and examines it. A tree branch falls onto the car's windshield. Elena gasps.

Jensen looked at the syringe in her hand. "We have the same idea. Think he'll flunk us for stealing these?" He shows her the dart he had stolen.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

The two had managed to get to the porch, they stay by the wall to keep themselves hidden from the windows. They quickly ran towards the opened gate.

They go down a set of staircase that leads to the cellar. Elena tries to open the door, but it is locked. 'Pick the lock?' Jensen mouthed to her.

Instead, Elena busts out one of the windowpanes, unlocks the door and opens it. Jensen gives his sister a bewildered look. A man is standing guard by a door at the end of the hallway, he sat in a chair, holding his phone-probably stolen-.

The man stands up, walking towards the two. But, when he gets to a certain distance, he is brought down by Damon, who stabs a vervain dart on his neck. He turned to the twins. "Are you insane?"
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

The three entered the cellar. Stefan hangs from the ceiling, arms tied tightly together.

"Elena, Jensen...You shouldn't be here..." Stefan let's out.

"They were supposed to stay in the car," Damon informed him, twirling a stake in his hand.

"No. No. No. Not him." Stefan called out as Damon went to stake the man tied up in a chair.

"Whatever. Let's get you down." Damon reached for the ropes, grabbing them but yelling in pain.

"There's vervain on the ropes." Stefan tells him.

"Elena, pull that," Damon ordered.

Jensen started to untie the stranger in the chair. Stefan leaned against a beam poll when Elena had released the ropes.

"All right, let's go. Clothes on." Damon rushed. "Come on, we gotta go."

Jensen moved to the front when he noticed Stefan remove a stake from Harper's lap. Jensen quickly pulled out the other stake from his leg.

"Can you get him in the car?" Damon asked the twins.

"Yeah." Elena replied.

"All right, go." Damon told her.

"What about you?" Elena asked back.

"You rescue, I'll distract. Go." Damon extended his arm, stopping Jensen from following him. "You go that way."

"He can't say I didn't try to help him," Jensen muttered, grabbing Stefan. "Just hand me him, El."
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

Stefan groaned in pain.

"Can you make it?" Elena questioned Stefan, having grabbed his other arm and swung it around her neck.

They fall down. Elena cuts herself on a rock. Jensen starts to quickly apologize to Stefan.

"You okay?" Stefan asked the twins.

"Yeah. Come on, keep going. Come on."
Elena and Jensen pull Stefan up and they continue onwards.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

When the three finally arrive at the car.

"Come on, it's right over here." Elena Elena puts Stefan in the car and goes around to the driver's side. Jensen hopes in the back seat, But, as Elena goes to out the key in, she sees the ignition has been removed. "Stefan..." she started.

Frederick busts the window on Stefan's side out and drags him out. He starts beating him. He lifts up Stefan, into the air. "This is for Beth-Anne."

Frederick then stabs Stefan with a branch. Stefan screamed as the twins scramble out of the car.

"And this is for the tomb."

Elena and Jensen stab Fredrick with their stolen vervain darts.

"Stefan..." Elena sits down next to Stefan. Stefan groans in pain. Elena pulls out the branch. "Stefan...Stefan...No, Stefan. Stefan, Stefan. Stefan! Stefan!"

Jensen searches for the sharp branch, picking it up and stabbing Fredrick in the heart.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

"Stefan, Stefan," Elena continued to call. "Here."

Jensen had been trying to think of something, huh couldn't think of anything that would make Stefan regain his strength-aside from blood, and he didn't see any animals around-. He turned to see Elena feeding Stefan her blood.

"Elena," he called out, shocked to see her to that.

"Elena, Jensen, please run." Stefan whispered.

"He's dead," Jensen dismissed. He didn't know the vampires name.

"No." Elena disagrees with Stefan.

"Please." Stefan whispered again.

"Stefan. My wrist. Here. Take my wrist. You need more blood."

"Go, Elena. Run. Run..."

"No. I trust you."

Elena gives Stefan her wrist. He drinks her blood. Jensen looks back and forth, panicked.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

Jensen had gone home, only to receive a call from Jeremy. "Hey, Jer," he says.

"Vicki was found dead," Jeremy interrupted.

"Shit," Jensen says. "Where are you?"
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

Jensen arrived at the Donavan residence, seeing Jeremy and Tyler sitting across from each other. In the other room, was Kelley and Caroline's mother. He didn't see Matt or Caroline.

He pulled Jeremy into a hug, side-glancing at Tyler. He and Tyler used to be friends, but, he was unsure of how the other would react to him trying to comfort him. Jeremy wrapped his arms back around Jensen, putting his head into the other's shoulder.

Once he released Jeremy from the hug, Jensen walked up to Kelly, feeling guilty for snapping at the woman earlier. "I'm sorry about your daughter."

He looked around, searching for Matt.
He had first checked Matt's room, only to discover that he-along with Caroline and Elena-where in Vicki's room.
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

The three Gilbert siblings arrive at their home. Jeremy immediately starts to walk upstairs.

"Jer..." Elena spoke softly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm gonna go get some sleep." Jeremy walked up the stairs.

Elena slides down the wall.

"Hey, I'll be back," Jensen says, shooting a worried expression up the stairs. "I'm just gonna go check on Tyler."
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

He knocked on Tyler's window, who looked up, confused to see Jensen holding onto the window frame. He got up, opening it. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Checking in on you. And I would very much appreciate it if you didn't punch me while I'm hanging into the window seal," Jensen tells him.

Tyler takes his arm, pulling the other in.

"Thought if I knocked on your door your father or mother would slam the door in my face for mentioning Vicki.  Kinda, feel like if I say her name again you'll punch me in the face, judging by the look on your face."

Tyler smiled slightly.

"Seriously, how are you doing? Do you need anything?" Jensen asked him. "Like, do you want some company?"

"I'd rather be alone."

"Okay," Jensen smiled, regardless of the fact that Tyler had sounded a bit angry when speaking. "But if you do need someone to talk to, or just to hang around, you can call me. Anytime."

"Yeah, you're an insomniac," Tyler replied, recalling how Jensen would stay up practically into the middle of the day without going to sleep.

" severely," Jensen added, heading towards the window.

"Dude, just go through the front door."

"But, I don't want to wake anyone up."

"You'll hurt yourself if you try to climb down."

"Aw, Tyler Lockwood, worried about me? I god, I might faint. Right out the window."

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Actually, I'll push you out the window."

"Seriously, though, if you need someone to talk to, or sit in silence, you can call me."
♅ꂅᎩ ცᏒԾϮ♅ꂅᏒ, ♅ꂅᎩ ᏕᎥᏕϮꂅᏒ➳

{2962}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

954K 21.9K 36
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐒, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
11.3K 437 30
˚₊·➳❥ AU/alternate canon "A love that transcends time, falling into a new soul each generation again and again through eternity. And so shall this go...
569K 7K 39
>ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋𝕊 ℂ𝕃𝕆𝕊𝔼𝔻 < 𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕟 𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕖 ♡︎ 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕗𝕒𝕟 𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕖 ♡︎ 𝕜𝕠𝕝 𝕞𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕤𝕠...
300 13 5
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭, 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡...