Ever After High: A Wonderful...

By Morning_Blankets

Y/N Ozymandias, son of the Wizard of Oz, and his friends at Ever After High return for more Royal Vs. Rebel s... More

The Neutral's Return
Ever Academy
An Evil Alliance
The Tale of Two Brothers
The Boulevard
Alice
The Way Home
Spring Unsprung Begins
A Bit Of Chaos
A/N
A/N
Tasty Wonder
Cook Off
Topsy-Turvy Trouble
Save The Wonder!
On A Train With A Hare
The Jabberwock 2: Electric Boogaloo
Card Tricks
Jester's Wild
Shuffle The Deck
A Royal Flush
Back Home
An Interview With A Princess
A Boys Camping Trip
Another (After)Life
The Fellowship of The Waterfall
A Big Family Secret
Shatter The Mirror
Here There Be Dragons
The Ones We Knew
Dragon Games
Into The Woods
Destiny Calls
Battle For Ever After High

Life Goes On

1.6K 51 46
By Morning_Blankets

Oswalt stared blankly at the stone ground. His nose and eye twitched as he thought back on your fight. On Ozma's sudden appearance. On his defeat.

He was mad. Bitter. But he had ended up getting what he wanted after all. That was why he was here now.

He lifted his head and stared at the once great hall of the Emerald City. The chamber of his father's where he would grant the wishes of his people. Oswalt remembered playing here when he was younger. Glynda would always yell at the two of you to behave, but neither of you respected her much.

The world now knew the truth about the Royal Families of Ever After, Oz was now Oswalt's, and he had the one thing that he truly wanted out of pure desire.

Kitty: Oswalt?

Oswalt looked over his shoulder to see Kitty apporching him timidly. She now wore a green version of her dress. She seemed worried about him, something that he hasn't seen in years.

Oswalt reached his hand out which Kitty took. She sat beside him while Oswalt stared at their hands.

Her's was so small. So delicate. Oswalt lifted it up and kissed the knuckle ever so gently.

Oswalt: You are truly the best part of my life, my dear. Thank you for coming with me.

Kitty smiled. She moved closer and leaned against him, to which he responded tensely. He slowly began to relax and lay his head on hers.

Oz was his. Still abandoned save for the shadowy versions of the past. And now, he had someone he cared deeply for. He still had a long way to go before it was back to it's former glory, but for right now, he was content.

He had everything he could ever want in his hand.

-Ever After High-

Your eyes slowly opened to a warm sunlight. You stared at the leaves as they swayed in the breeze before realizing you were back at this place. Your eyes narrowed for a second before you sat up.

You were next to the lamp post, only this time the lamp was lit.

No note. No present. Nothing. Though the pictures from before were still there, seemingly untouched since your last visit.

???: I have been waiting for you.

You didn't move. The low, deep voice sounded like it was right next to you. It sounded powerful.

Slowly, you turned your head to see the eyes of someone staring right back into yours. You leaned back and realized, it wasn't a someone. It was a something. An animal.

???: You need not fear me, child. I will not harm you.

Your mouth was open, but no words came out. So, you just nodded.

The beast took a step back and allowed you to stand up. You happened to look past him to see that your sword and shield were proped up against a tree.

???: You found the first treasures of Narnia. But, not only that. You also used them to stop a great evil, just as their previous wielder before had done. You should be proud.

Y/N: Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm pretty proud. I mean, we managed to get our school back and stop my brother from.....whatever he was doing.

And now you were talking to it.

???: You do not know my name, do you, child?

You shook your head. How would you know who this was? You had never met him before. Only, you have.

Y/N: Wait, are you what's been coming after me the last two times I was here?

The creature let out a deep chuckle that feeled you with warmth. You couldn't help but grin yourself.

???: Yes. I apologize for the fright. I wished to speak to you, but it appears that there was much more on your mind during those times.

You rubbed the back of your neck. He wasn't wrong.

Y/N: So, you're the one who left me that gift with the pictures and that letter. Why?

???: To help guide you along the path of your destiny. One that will ultimately come down to your decisions and the choice you will face along the way.

Destiny. There was that word again. You were starting to get tired of hearing it.

???: I'm sure you are. But, this destiny isn't like what you have faced before.

You looked at the beast oddly.

Y/N: What do you mean?

???: Destiny is but a name to a path. Your choices are what determine your destiny. And the choices you make now moving forward will determine the fate of this world.

The beast motioned to the pictures.

???: You must find the other treasures of Narnia. They will be your only chance to defeat a greater evil than any you have faced before.

You stared at the pictures before sighing.

Y/N: Yeah. Okay. So, how do I get there. These don't even look like they're in Ever After.

???: They aren't. But, your aunt will be able to help you once you wake.

You nodded. Of course she would know. But you still turned to the beast.

Y/N: Can I ask you for your name? In case we meet again?

The beast smiled softly, before speaking his name.

???: Aslan.

Your eyes shot open only to scream when a bright light immediately shined into your face. Lizzie, Ruby, and Briar all looked over confused as you smacked the light away.

You sat up and covered your eyes with a groan.

Ashlynn: I know how you feel. It's happened to me three times now.

You looked to the bed next to yours where Ashlynn was resting. Her area was covered in "Get Well Soon" flowers and gift cards. All wild flowers too. Smelt good.

Your area was mostly covered in books and candies and letters thanking you for saving Ever After High and Book End. Though, to be fair, you didn't do it alone.

Lizzie: Why are you screaming? I thought this time was too early to scream. Unless you're going on Wonderland time. In which case, GOOD MORNING!

Ruby and Briar both placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her.

You rubbed your eye before looking over to your journal. You picked it up and began to flip through the pages before you found the one with the pictures. You had three more pictures to check out, but you had no idea where to start looking.

Y/N: Hmm. Crap.

Brair: So, you're finally getting kicked out of the infirmary today. How do you feel?

You closed your journal and smiled.
---------------
It was a week and a half after the battle and classes were now back in full swing. Students were able to take things at their own pace, but everyone always did have a way of bouncing back from these things.

The tensions against the Royal Families were rough, but Ozma had did something that no one really expected.

She made an address.

Blondie was more than excited to have her MirrorCast with someone so well known and so powerful. But Ozma wasn't there to play games. Rather, she was there to help.

Ozma: Hello. My name is Ozma of Oz, the true ruler of Oz. I am here today to address the recent information regarding the Royal Families' part in the siege of Oz. Rest assure that this information will not go unheard. The Families will face their punishment under my careful watch. I will meet with them during Council to discuss the repercussions of their actions.

It helped ease the pressure on the Royal Families and their children, but there were still those who sided with Oswalt's assault against Ever After. Ozzian Sympathizers calling themselves the Yellow Brick Guard. A problem brewing for sure.

But things at Ever After High were more or less back to normal. More because everyone was back to regular fairy tale school hijinks, less because.....

Let's just say that some people have had a change of heart.

Apple: Good morning, Raven.

Raven closed her locker and smiled at her friend.

Raven: What's up?

Apple: I was going to have my violin class later. I was wondering if you wanted to come and play your bass as well?

Raven and Apple walked together down the hall while you waved at them. You didn't wear your jacket today. Just a green t-shirt and your pants and boots. Your green arm was in full view, though it wasn't as weird as you thought it was.

People actually liked it. And Briar even painted your other nails to match. But the biggest change was your hairstyle. Poppy and Holly had came in and cut your hair back to the style you had originally wanted with the green streak.

Briar, being Brair, had already decided to have a party to spellebrate the victory over Oswalt and The Evil Queen, but you had came up with a better idea. It was why you were standing in the middle of the Dragon Games Arena.

It was now back to greatness thanks to Ozma, and a certain Queen.

Snow White: Trim the grass to 2 inches. Any higher and someone might slip.

The dwarves nodded and began to cut the grass with their tiny scissors.

You walked over the older woman and looked around impressed.

Y/N: Not bad.

Snow White: I am truly trying my best.

She looked at you and smiled slightly.

Snow White: You really do look like your father when you stand like that.

You nodded.

Y/N: I'm not going to ask why you did it, but I also won't just forgive you so easily.

Snow didn't blame you. It was an act that will haunt her for the rest of her life, but you didn't know the full truth. And, sadly, she could not tell you. She wanted to. But she couldn't.

She will take your hate. She will live with it.

Y/N: How long before the games can be held?

Snow White: We will be done by the end of the day.

You nodded. You then turned and walked away. Snow let out a sigh.

She wanted to tell you.

It was killing her not to.
--------------
Ozma and Baba Yaga were enjoying a cup of tea, made by Ozma, when you entered the hut with Ruby. They were chatting like old friends, which made you smile.

Baba Yaga: Come in! Come in. Your aunt and I were just catching up.

Ozma smirked as she took a sip of tea. You and Ruby joined them at the table where you were given a cup.

Ozma: How are you feeling?

Y/N: Uh, alive. A bit sore but I'll be fine by tomorrow.

Baba Yaga: And I had heard that Ashlynn Ella has been recovering quite nicely thanks to your magic.

Ruby smiled. She still didn't know what she was doing, but she did have her mother's magic now. With proper guidance, she could be just as strong.

Ozma: But, I suppose we should get to why we're here. You have questions.

You nodded. You reached into your pocket and pulled out your new MirrorPhone, a gift from Gildes, and opened your note.

Y/N: Okay. Let's start with the most obvious one. Uh, why didn't you tell me that you were here the entire time?

Ozma nodded. She set her tea down and with a sigh.

Ozma: I suppose, it's only fair.

She brushed her hair behind her ear before looking at you.

Ozma: After the Fall of Oz, I felt like I had failed. I arrived far too late to save anything, but I could save you.
------------
Ozma stared at the flames that raged all across the Emerald City. It was gone. It was all gone.

But not all was lost.

Ruby: Wake up. Please wake up.

Ozma heard the voice of her niece. She looked towards the sound, tears in her eyes, to see Ruby gently shaking a body. Oswalt's body.
----------
Ozma: I was able to get bond the two of you. But it appears that Oswalt was able to send you away.

You and Ruby looked at each other in surpise. You had always believed that it was Glynda who kept you alive. All these years you never knew.

Ozma: My intention was to have the three of you live on. But, it appears that Glynda had other plans.

Ozma set something onto the table. The necklace and the earring. The green gems were still glowing brightly.

Ozma: Glynda was never the Good Witch everyone thought she was. I had warned your father about her, but a broken heart can make even the strongest men do stupid things.

You were confused.

Y/N: What do you mean? Is this about her part in the fall?

Ozma shook her head.

Ozma: No. It started long before the Fall. Glynda was the one who had ploted your mother's death.

Y/N: What?

Ozma tapped the necklace which made it react. It was making a noise that resembled a heartbeat.

Ruby: What is that?

Ozma: That, my dear, is the Wicked Witch.

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. That heartbeat was your mother? She was there. She was always there.

Ozma: Glynda found that something as simple as water could defeat the your mother. So, she took parts of her heart and created these artifacts in secret.

All were embedded with green stones that seemed to glow in the light. You found yourself enchanted by them. You didn't even realize that you were reaching for the ring until a hand grabbed your wrist.

Glynda: What are you doing in here?!

You snapped out of your trance and pulled away, falling to the floor. You looked up at the woman with wide eyes. What was that? What was happening?

You quickly scrambled to your feet and ran off, crying out of fear. Glynda tried to stop you, to explain that she wasn't angry at you, but you were long gone before she could.

Y/N: My mum....these gems are her...her heart?

Ozma: Yes. It's why your ring broke and did that.

She pointed to your arm. You examined it closely.

Ozma: You were able to break the curse and freed a part of your mother. If you can do the same with the other three....

Ruby: He can bring the Wicked Witch back.

You could bring your mother back. Back to life.

Ruby: What about the earring? I can hear my mother when I wear it.

Ozma: That would be my fault.

Y/N: What do you mean?

Ozma: I trapped her there. I'm sure you understand why.

You did. Glynda was a force that needed to be stop, so it seemed like that was what Ozma did. You didn't really care much for her at the moment. If anything, you wanted to break the earring into little pieces just to destroy any chance she had to escape.

Ozma could see it in your eye. So didn't Ruby.

She gently took the earring, snapping you out of your trance.

Ruby: I'll keep it safe. To make sure she doesn't get out.

You nodded. You took the necklace and examined it. Your mother's heart. You pulled it around your neck and left it hanging next to your own heart.

Ozma: However, Madame Yaga here has also told me about your secret studies.

You looked up confused. You then realized what she was talking about.

Baba Yaga: I can only help you so much, especially with the end of the school year just around the corner. But, your aunt here knows how to help you.

You turned back to Ozma.

Y/N: You can help me find the other treasures?

Ozma smiled.

Ozma: Something like that.
--------------
You and Ruby followed Ozma through the Enchanted Forest with the sun high in the sky. While Ozma seemed to glide, you and Ruby were struggling to keep up.

Y/N: Can you slow down? I'm still kinda hurt.

Ozma: Oh, stop being such a drama queen. We're almost there.

She had been saying that for almost an hour. But, turns out, she wasn't actually lying. You found yourself standing in front of the mouth of a cave. Ozma turned to you and gestured for you to enter. You hesitated, but you did eventually take the first step.

The cave was cold, but it wasn't natural. The steps lead down into an open room with a large opening that lead to the great sea. But, what caught your eye, was the ship that was docked inside.

The castle of the prow of the ship was shaped like the head of a dragon; space for a person to keep watch from its mouth. The stern was a dragon tail, and nearby was the rudder. In the centre beneath the hatchway was a place where, when it was necessary and the wind wasn't blowing, oars from both sides of the boat were used.

It was of a grand size, easily rivaling the Jolly Roger. An entire crew could sail on it and rowboat hung from the sides. The main mast, which looked newer than the rest of the ship, was quote tall and the sails looked spotless.

Y/N: What is this?

Ruby: Is this a pirate ship?

Ozma laughed to herself as she joined you and Ruby.

Ozma: No. Not a pirate ship. It was once a royal ship that belonged to a a great king. Children, this is the Dawn Treader.

Y/N: The Dawn Treader.

The name alone escaped your lips with such power that you felt a shiver run up your spine. It was a beautiful ship. It was perfectly in every way possible.

Ozma: This is your mother's gift to you.

You turned to Ozma, mouth agape, before you realized what she had said.

Y/N: What?

Ozma: It was your mother's. She had kept it together for you. This is how you will sail to the other lands to find the treasures. Of course, you will have to finish your education first.

You couldn't stop the large smile forming in your face. Without much hesitation, you ran down the steps towards your new ship with the excitement of a child. Ruby wasn't that far behind you either.

Ozma smiled as she watched the two of you board the ship with enthusiasm. A reminder that the two of you were still children.
----------
Blondie: Welcome back, Fairy Tale Followers! Following a delay due to psychopathic reasons, the Dragon Games are underway!

The crowd cheered as the Dragon Riders raced around the arena while collecting points. You and Hunter stood in the stands and cheered on for your friends and girlfriends. Cersie was even yelling out with you.

Ruby sat on her dragon and played the role of referee while the two teams, Team Royal and Team Rebel, battled for victory.

Baba Yaga was right. The end of the school year was just aroundnthe corner. And then, you'll be on your quest to find the other treasures. But, right now, you were having a fun time with your friends and enjoying school.

What more could a boy want?

Y/N: Whoohoo!
--------------
Oswalt and Kitty sat with each other and stared out at the sunset on the mountains. It was peaceful. It was calm.

Kitty's eyes drifted down to the ruins of the city before she spotted something odd.

Kitty: What is that?

Oswalt looked at her and followed her gaze. There, he found what seemed to be a trail of lights. Lanterns.

The two stood up and looked down at the trail in confusion. It was only then that Oswalt realized what it was.

Kitty: Are those people?

Oswalt: They are.

Indeed, many people marched towards Oz. But not enemies. The Yellow Brick Guard. Farmers, tradesmen, workers, soldiers. People from all across the lands making their way to Oz to help bring it back to it's glory. They were not Ozzian's by birth nor by blood. But they were mad, angry at being lied to.

Just like Oswalt.

Kitty: Who are they?

Oswalt smiled.

Oswalt: Ozzians.

The End Is Just The Beginning......
-----------
WHOOOOO!

End of Book 2!

But not the end of the story! Clearly!

I just want to say thank you for making it this far and for keeping with this story. It means a lot and I really do love writing this series.

That being said, keep an eye out for the next story.

Ever After High: A Spelltacular Summer!

See you all next time!

-lexi<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1.1K 20
Y/N Hook is supposed to follow in the footsteps of his father, Captain James Hook. In the mean time, he is satisfied with enjoying high-school life a...
16K 472 51
In Book 4 of the 'Once Upon a Time: Ever After High' series, Alistair finds a mysterious lamp and releases a genie name Gigi. But after finding out t...
27K 658 63
(Completed ) "Something is still there I know it is." Ella is back from Wonderland but she can never get a break in Storybrooke as per usual there...
761K 11.9K 200
Y/N a normal boy who likes to watch the anime Space Battleship Yamato and always dream of riding on a real spaceship but one day when he was heading...