COTE: Mysterious Siblings(DIS...

By X-Yoshimaru-X

Two sibling OCs get put into Class D. What would they do if they had the abilities to do so, but didn't want... More

The OCs
Volume 1: Ambition
Volume 1: Past Wounds, Present Problems
Volume 1: Fools Stay Fools
Volume 1: Reap What You Sow
Volume 1: Weapon of Choice
Volume 1: Tide Turner
School Database
Volume 2: Daresay
Volume 2: Counter-Attack
Volume 2: There Are No Heroes
WR Files: Toma Mizuka
Volume 3: It Truly is Summer
Volume 3: What Lies Ahead
Volume 3: Mentality Can Break
Volume 3: The Real Enemy
Volume 3: Tyrant VS Sister
Volume 3: Internal Conflict
WR Files: The Father
Volume 4: A Dying Flame
Volume 4: Animals Out and About
Volume 4: Closure
WR Files: Shiraishi Kasumi
Volume 4.5: Business on a Leisure Day
Volume 4.5: Make It Count
WR Files: Archer's Surveillance
Volume 5: Game On
Volume 5: Alone? Or Lonely?
Volume 5: Let Us Begin
Volume 5: Those With Conviction
Volume 5: Disadvantages
Volume 5: Therefore, I Am Me
WR Files: The Matsuos & Nanase Tsubasa
Volume 6: Fallen Leaves
Volume 6: Roses Have Thorns
Volume 6: Respite
Volume 6: To Ashes
Volume 6: The Victor and Vanquished
WR Files: Tokunaga & Subject 5-12
Volume 7: Fires Come, Fires Burn
Volume 7: Dominion
Volume 7: The Brother
Volume 7: Critical Moments
WR Files: Toma Hisoka & The Alters
Volume 7.5: Dawn, Break Forth
Volume 7.5: Guests, Friends, Opponents
Volume 7.5: Bejeweled and Beloved
WR Files: Loose Ends

Volume 4: Memories

779 37 7
By X-Yoshimaru-X

Toma Shizuko POV

I saw nothing but black and white, for quite a long time. It felt long anyway, but the question is, how long has it truly been? I couldn't move my body, or make a sound, or even look around. All I saw was a world of black and white, as if I was drifting in space. No sound, no smell, no physical feelings, just nothing. 

What has happened to me? It's as if I was disconnected with my body. And why do I have the thought that I've been in this black and white void before. This has to be a dream, right? An experience like this is impossible in real life. 

In a blur, the black and white void disappeared, only to be replaced by a wall with a door. The color returned, and so did some of my senses. I could finally move, and hear the distinct creaking of the wooden floors. I slowly opened the door, revealing a very familiar space. 

"...My bedroom?" 

Everything was here, just as I remembered it before we left for ANHS. All the books I've collected were in the numerous shelves, my closet was by the door, and my bed was by the window. However, something was in fact, different. There sat two girls on my old bed. 

One of the girls had her eyes covered by a blindfold, but was definitely sobbing. She had long white hair, styled into a ponytail. This girl wore a set of black and red pajamas, and was laying on the lap of the other girl. 

The second girl also had white hair, styled as twin tails. She had glasses on, and had crimson eyes, sympathetically looking at the girl on her lap. This twin tailed girl had an elegant crimson red and white dress with a black long skirt and high heels. They both looked no older than me, but they also kind of resembled me. 

The twin tailed girl looked at me for a brief moment, then looked at the girl sobbing again. 

"Just a second, I'll be right back." 

"Eh? P-Please don't go far." 

"Worry not, I'll be here in the same room." 

She patted the girl's head and made her sit up. The twin tailed girl stood up, then turned to face me. 

"Finally awake, eh?" She said to me. 

"...Why do you sound like me? Why do you both look and sound like me?" 

The girl in front of me had a commanding aura. She seemed calm and in control, somewhat like me but less timid. Her face was stern and serious, a face that niisan would make most of the time. She pushed her glasses back toward her face and sighed. 

"Onii-sama never told you, did he? Well, that's only natural since the human mind wouldn't accept it so easily." 

"Who is this onii-sama you speak of?" 

"Ahaha, who else? Our beloved brother, my darling onii-sama." She said, hugging herself. 

"My brother? Niisan?" 

"Of course, I mean him. Hisoka-kun is our one and only brother after all." 

"Did someone say onii-chan's name?" 

The girl with the blindfold who was by the bed suddenly stood up and started looking around. This startled the girl in front of me and tried making her sit down again.

"No no, we're just talking about him." She said. 

"So, h-he isn't here?" 

"Unfortunately. But worry not, we'll find him soon." 

The girl started sobbing again as she sat down on the bed. The twin tailed girl looked at me again, then walked up to me. 

"Shizuko-chan, yes?" 

"How do you know my name?" 

She scoffed to herself. 

"How could I not? I'm you after all." 

"And she's me as well?" I asked, pointing to the girl sobbing at the bed. 

"Yes, we're all the same person, but we all have different names." 

"That makes absolutely no sense."

"Perhaps it doesn't. However, what I said is still true, and that won't change. What matters is, do you accept this fact?" 

"I don't know. It's hard to believe that all of a sudden there's three of me." 

No amount of preparation could ready me for something like this. Right now, there are three of "me", including me myself. This is getting complicated for me. 

"You're thinking about it right? Don't, at least not yet anyway. Like I said, the human mind won't accept something like this so easily." 

"But what happens now? Who are you two? And if you girls really are me, this has to be a dream, right?" 

"I just told you not to think about it, didn't I? Whatever, so to answer your questions, allow me to introduce ourselves first."

She held up her long skirt a little and bowed elegantly. 

"I am Yuko, pleased to meet you. The girl behind me calls herself Nao. That is all I can say for now, because our mind is still conflicting." 

"Wait, conflicting? Is that why you two are here? I don't know who I am anymore?" 

"No no, that is not the case. Actually, you are far from it. We were born from you, we dissociated into our own personal selves, but you are in fact the origin. You still know who you are, you just don't know who 'we' are." 

"Uhm..." 

"What you need to do is to wait, Shizuko-chan. Let our mind accept this fact, then you'll eventually accept Nao-chan and I as part of you." 

"And what happens when I do accept you?" 

Yuko-san looked hesitant as she opened her mouth to speak. She eventually didn't say what she actually wanted, and instead looked at Nao-san.

"All in due time. And speaking of time, we're all out of it." 

The ground beneath me started shaking, but it didn't really seem to affect the other two in the room with me. Yuko-san smiled at me, as I fell into the black and white void once again. 

"Remember the past well." That's the last thing I heard before I lost all of my senses.

_______________________________________________________

Ayanokouji POV

"Neither of us were chosen, it seems."

"Too bad. I don't know if I should be happy that I wasn't going to get pressured, or sad because I don't have a shot at half a million private points." 

Horikita and I sat down by a cafe, talking about the current exam. According to the rules, we were allowed to talk with people in our own class, but not the students in other classes and in other groups. As an example, I'm not allowed to mess with any other students that isn't Class D outside of the Rabbit Group. 

"Oh, I forgot to ask you. What's your group lineup?" Horikita asked me.

"Here, I made a list of it before we left the room last night." 

Rabbit Group

Class A- Ishida, Takemoto, Machida, Morishige

Class B- Hamaguchi, Beppu, Ichinose

Class C- Ibuki, Manabe, Yamashita, Yabu

Class D- Yukimura, Ayanokouji, Karuizawa, Toma S.

"So Toma-san is with you? I coincidentally have her brother with me. Though you already saw everyone when you accompanied me and Hirata-kun, here's the list of my group." She said, pulling out her phone.

Dragon Group

Class A- Katsuragi, Nishikawa, Matoba, Yano

Class B- Kanzaki, Tsube, Andou

Class C- Suzuki, Ryuuen, Sonoda

Class D- Hirata, Kushida, Horikita, Toma H.

A very interesting lineup. Practically all of the class representatives are there, all except Ichinose. That was the only aspect that baffled me from the lineup of the Dragon Group. 

"Have you thought of a method on winning this exam?" I asked her. 

"Not a clear method, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a pattern or not in this exam. We'd get a huge advantage if we already know the pattern beforehand." 

"But what can we do about that? Even if we know all the VIPs in our class, it still leaves a lot of unknowns in this exam. Unknowns like the fact that Ichinose isn't in the Dragon Group with the rest of the class leaders and representatives." 

"You have a point, but it's better if we just try. I'm not about to hand over the win to any of the other classes, especially after what happened during the island exam" 

That's true. We knew later on that Matsushita was pummeled till she got unconscious, and yet she didn't have that many injuries. The teachers passed it off as an accident, but she was able to retire either way. However, according to Toma-san and Matsushita herself, this had Ryuuen's hands all over it. 

"Ayanokouji-kun, Horikita-san! So you were here all this time." 

From the entrance of the cafe, two people approached us. Hirata, who was waving at us, and Toma-kun, who was close behind, hands in pockets, tired eyed. 

"Hirata-kun, Toma-kun, good to see you here. What do you think of this exam?" Horikita asked as Hirata sat down beside her. 

"I've been asking our classmates about it, and they seemed pretty nervous about it. But, I do think we have a chance here, if we play our cards right." 

"And what about you, Toma-kun?" 

Toma-kun, instead of sitting, just stood there, looking out at the decks below us. I can't tell if he heard her or not, since he looks like he's spacing out. 

"Excuse me, Toma-kun?" Hirata called out.

"Huh? What?" He muttered, turning toward us.

"I was asking about what you thought of this exam." Horikita repeated, unusually calm. 

"Oh...It'll be pretty difficult, I guess." 

That was a pretty half-baked answer. 

"Any idea what happened to him?" I asked. 

"He was pretty much the same when we were in the meeting room last night. He didn't even ask a single question to inquire more about the exam." Hirata replied. 

"He has indeed been acting rather gloomy ever since the island exam. Although, who am I to talk? I haven't seen him that many times since then." Horikita said. 

I thought so. If Toma-san wasn't able to break through him, right now, no one can. He really has just shut himself away from us. Hirata looked very concerned about him too, and Horikita looked rather guilty. 

"I wonder what could have happened. Did any of you ask Toma-san about it?" Hirata suggested. 

"I've talked with her, but she was acting pretty out of character. I didn't think it was like her to be vague, like a certain someone." Horikita said, turning her head to me. 

"Hey, why are you saying that while glaring at me?" 

"It's true isn't it? Anyway, have you talked with Toma-san about this?" 

"Yeah, but she was also being pretty vague. Also, she mentioned to me that we should be careful with how we talk with him. I can't say why, because she told me to keep it a secret, but just know to watch your words with him." 

"See, you're being vague."

"Well this time I have no choice. Toma-san told me to keep whatever she said a secret." 

That was pretty much a half truth. What Toma-san said was just insensitive to mention, so I'd rather avoid bringing it up instead of nonchalantly mentioning it. It'd be pretty offensive especially since Toma-kun is right here.

"If you say so. Then I suppose she'd be the only one to handle this, right? None of us have gotten through with him after all."

"Well well, look at what we have here."

Two people approached us. One of them was Ryuuen, the person I was being wary of, and the other was...

"I've warned you not to call me by my first name Ryuuen-kun. Also, its good to see a potential spy returning from the grave of retirement, Ibuki-san."

Beside Ryuuen was a girl, Ibuki Mio. She had a somewhat cocksure gleam in her eyes. She was also coincidentally in the Rabbit Group with me.

"All of you just got lucky. If it weren't for that asshole over there hitting me in the head, I would've-"

"Relax Ibuki, no need to make things personal. So, Toma, it's rare to see that you aren't with your sister. I wonder what could have happened?" Ryuuen said, looking at Toma-kun.

"She's in her room. I haven't seen her today yet, but we've talked over the phone." He replied, not even caring to look at Ryuuen.

"Hey, look at me when I'm talking to you."

Ryuuen grabbed his shoulder, to which he forcefully turned to him, with an expression of annoyance.

"Leave me be, tyrant."

"Kukuku. Now that's an interesting face. You look rather tired, I wonder what happened?" 

"It is not your place to care about me." 

He passed by Ryuuen and abruptly left the cafe without another word. 

"So he ran away with his tail between his legs. Here I thought he'd put up a fight like last time, but he's acting like a coward. Heh, how boring. Anyway, all of you should've seen the message by now. What were the results? Were any of you chosen?" Done with Toma-kun, Ryuuen directed his attention to us. 

"Even if we were, we wouldn't be inclined to tell you. Unless you want to tell us about your message?" Horikita retorted.

"If you wish." Ryuuen strode and sat on the last vacant chair.

"I'm actually here to ask you something since curiosity got the best of me. How did you manage to wrangle those results on the island test?"

Horikita's acting skills were impressive. She remained calm and unwavered, and didn't even bother to answer Ryuuen's question.

"I suppose you wouldn't give anything away, but that doesn't matter. According to my information you didn't do shit. Most of the work was done by these guys, right? Though you were in second place overall, you still got a lot of points."

"I have nothing to say. I'm not so stupid to give away what our class is actually planning."

"Uhm, Horikita-san, would you please keep this civil?" Hirata said.

"What are you talking about Hirata? This is as civil as you could get with someone like me. What about you, beta male? You've been quiet this whole time."

"He doesn't have anything to say to you either."

"Kukuku, answering for him eh? This guy really is a beta male."

"Sigh...Anyway since we're all here in the first place, why don't we all get some coffee? It seems a good time to enjoy a nice cup."

"Mn, I agree. It'll help in calming down the mood." Hirata offered his opinion.

Horikita was strangely in a good mood as she got her morning coffee. Hirata and I ordered the same thing. Ryuuen however, showed no signs of leaving, he wanted to continue the conversation once the coffee arrived.

"Katsuragi seemed cautious of you and Toma yesterday."

"I don't know about him but I think he should be cautious of everyone like I am. Besides, even he wouldn't have guessed that people from Class D would do so well, isn't that why you and Ibuki-san are here? You came to check on me, is that wrong?"

"Heh, well I don't deny that. I came here to measure your abilities myself. It's too bad that Toma doesn't wanna talk, I'd have a lot of fun having a conversation with him."

"Of course." Horikita said, sipping her coffee. She was unusually at ease that even Hirata noticed.

"You seem to be taking this easily Horikita-san." He commented.

"I just don't have anything significant to hide from a person like Ryuuen-kun."

"So that means you do have something you're hiding. Kukuku, you just don't think I'll acknowledge it."

"Exactly my point, you won't acknowledge it, so I won't say it."

Horikita was choosing her words carefully, she was trying to be cunning. This was Ryuuen after all.

"But I would acknowledge it, in fact Toma has told me something incredibly interesting." 

"And what has he have to say to you, instead of his own classmates?" 

"Kukuku. Something that he apparently trusts me with, more than you retards. He said he already figured out the pattern." 

At this, Horikita's calm demeanor shattered, and she slammed the table trying to stand up.

"What!? There's no way someone could figure it out this early!" 

"Oh but he did. We had a chat after the meetings last night, and I managed to record the whole thing. Here, listen." 

He pulled out his phone, tapped through it, then set it down on the table.

"So you were actually one of the representatives, huh? You're getting more and more interesting." It was Ryuuen who first spoke.

"Does that concern you in any way shape or form?" Then Toma's voice was heard. 

"Of course it does, I'm the leader of my own class after all. Technically, it's my duty to measure the abilities of the other class reps.

"Emphasis on technically, if you please. What do you want from me anyway?"

"Can you really not remember an old face? Have you ever wondered why I've been paying attention to your ass since day one?

"I thought you just found me interesting like all the rest." 

"Kukuku. You really don't remember me, eh? Let me give you a reminder of who I am." 

From the recording, Ryuuen cleared his throat. 

"'I'm gonna beat the living shit out of the both of you for taking down my guys'. Does that phrase sound familiar to you?

"So that was you? Huh, who would've thought the leader of the gang I kept beating down in junior high would come to the same school." 

"Finally! So you remember me at last?

"Well, you never showed your face that evening, so I couldn't exactly recognize you at first glance. Either way, where are you going with making me remember you?

"Payback, that's what. I'm gonna make sure I crush your class, but for now, consider yourself safe. I have my eyes on Class A at the moment." 

"Then I'll give you a helping hand in exchange for not touching us right now.

"Hm? And what's that supposed to mean?" 

"Thanks to a classmate, I got hold of all the names in every group, and figured out how the VIPs are chosen. All I'm going to say is it's much simpler than one would think."

"He what!?" Horikita shouted out. 

"Calm down, Horikita-san, he recording isn't over." Hirata said.

"Yeah, listen to the guy, we haven't gotten to the best part yet." Ryuuen said with a sinister grin. 

"Kukukuku! How incredibly interesting! You figured it out, huh? Alright, once I also figure it out, I'm gonna compare what I found with you, and then we can work something out." 

"Then we can leave it at that for now. Just give me some space for once, or I might just request for a restraining order from the school."

A clicking sound vibrated from he phone, indicating that the recording ended. Ryuuen snatched his phone from the table then looked at the entrance to the cafe. 

"The Toma siblings and I have a history together, you get what I'm saying, yeah? And from the recording, you can tell that he somehow trusts me more than any of you schmucks. I wonder what you people managed to do for him to make such a decision without you." 

"But...I don't think we did anything wrong that would make him trust other classes more than us. Maybe he's just fond of you?" Hirata asked.

"Him? Fond of me!? Kukuhahahaha!" 

Ryuuen laughed like a madman at the suggestion, which made Hirata smile awkwardly.

"He and I are practically arch-enemies. After what my guys tried to do back then? He hates me as much as I hate him. But enough about that, since he's asked me not to touch him, I can respect that request. I look forward to our meetings later."

He grabbed his phone again then left the area, Ibuki close behind. 

With what Ryuuen said, it left all of us, even me, incredibly confused. Now, I definitely understood that they knew each other from before, but what I couldn't put my finger on was the fact that Ryuuen regards Toma-kun with respect. I don't know if they really were arch-enemies, or friends. 

"I'll confront Toma-kun about this now." Horikita said, standing up. 

"No, that's a horrible idea." I said. 

"And how do you know that?" 

"Remember what Ryuuen and Toma-san said. There's a high chance that Toma-kun is unstable right now. It'd be best if we leave things to her." 

"Tch, fine then. But I'm only listening to you because I owe those two a favor." 

"What favor?" Hirata asked. 

"Nothing that concerns anyone else. Anyway, let's focus on the exam for now. We won't be able to rely on Toma-kun in the meetings later, so we should just leave him be." 

"I agree, we should just let him rest for now. He's done a lot for us in the past already, it'd be pretty embarrassing if we rely on him all the time. And before I go, I should probably tell you who ours are." 

Hirata pulled out his phone and showed it to us. He typed down two names, names of Class D's VIPs. After getting a good look, Horikita and I nodded, then he deleted the text. 

"That's all from me. I'm going to head out now, since our meetings are still later on, some of my friends wanted to hang out. See you later at the meeting, Horikita-san." 

"Yes, I'll see you there." Horikita replied, finishing up her coffee.

We went our separate ways, me going with Horikita and Hirata going off on his own. 

"This will be rather hard for us. With Toma-kun as a potential traitor, and Toma-san acting really out of it, we lost a significant amount of our class' strength." 

"Have you all really relied on him that much? As far as I'm aware, they've only been taking it easy and letting others do the work."

"It's not like that. Let's say that they are our strategists, that give Hirata-kun and the others ideas to implement. Like in the island exam, Hirata-kun always went to either Toma-kun or Kushida-san for advice." 

"I see, then we really should just let them rest." 

"Yes, as much as I hate to say it, I agree. I'll look forward to your report while I handle things on my end." 

"Right, I'll do what I can. Good luck." 

And with that, we also went our separate ways. 

Now that this situation is occurring, I should probably start making moves of my own, eh? Toma-kun is basically out of commission, and Toma-san is aloof. Whatever the reasons are, they are still like that. 

If possible, I should get myself a weapon of my own, since Kushida and Matsushita are theirs. But who do I pick that would be willing to help me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 344 20
"I can't say now, but here's a small teaser" Niki Nishimura is known as the class clown who loves to play a fool with his classmates, especially Han...
34.6K 1.7K 37
A long forgotten sight. A long forgotten feeling. As a freshman you are attending the famous Yonan university. Unprepared you met someone and you que...
Draw Me By Georgia

Teen Fiction

4.2K 647 41
An edited and non-fanfiction version of my story 'You Can Paint Me' -ON HOLD- ~~~ "Aside from being sexy, what else do you do for a living?" he said...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...