Second Chances

Від amdnjsh

Victoria Patten dies and wakes up in the body of a newly turned Vicki Donovan. Having seen Vampire Diaries, s... Більше

Prologue
Lost Girls
Haunted
Haunted Part 2
The truth
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Points
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighborhood
Let the Right One in
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Gloria
Isobel
Founders Day
New cover!!
Second Chances Part II
The Return
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Soulmate Series
Marcellus
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
By the Light of the Moon
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Dream State
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Second Chances Part III
Purely Platonic
The Ripper of Nashville
The Birthday
The Hybrid
The End of The Affair
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Numb
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
Family Business
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
The Murder Of One
Father Daughter Bonding
Marry Me
Magic From Afar
The Witchy Professor
A View To Kill
The End
Sequel + next books!

Brave New World

12.1K 443 7
Від amdnjsh

Vicki's POV

I stop by the hospital very early in the morning. When I walk into the room, I notice that Caroline is asleep, balled up in the corner. The curtains are open and casting a light throughout the room. I speed over and quickly close them.

I see the spilled blood on the floor. After I clean it up, I slowly walk over to her and nudge her awake. She wakes up with a jump, a scared look on her face.

"Care, it's okay. It's me. Vicki."

I bring her into a hug and she slowly relaxes. Then she starts sobbing into my shoulder. I run my fingers through her hair to soothe her and rub her back with my other hand.

"Shh shh, it's going to be okay Caroline."

She lifts her head up to look at me. "She said 'Game on.'"

I sigh. "How are you feeling now that you've had blood?"

"I feel stronger. Hungry. The sun burned me."

"I closed the curtains for you. How about we get out of the corner." she nods and I help her up. We sat down on the bed.

"We are going to spend the day working on your control, and if I feel you are ready then we can go to the carnival tonight, okay? But you need to stay by me the whole time."

She beams at me. "Okay!"

The nurse walks in and Caroline tenses instantly. I get up and walk over to her.

"Don't make a sound, this won't hurt. Do as I say and come with me." She nods and follows me back to the bed.

"Alrighty Care. First lesson, controlling your hunger. Ready?"

After hours of going through everything with her, she's doing amazing with her self control. We've even walked through the hospital which stinks of blood.

I've given her the daylight ring that I made for her and now we are getting ready for the carnival.

I sit her down for one last chat. "Okay, I know you will do amazing tonight, Care. You are so strong. There's going to be a man tonight, he'll get into a fight and have a cut on his face. I've seen it."

"What else did you see?"

I wince. "I saw you kill him, Care." she immediately looks worried. "But, that's not going to happen okay? Now that I've already helped you, everything is going to change. If at any point tonight you feel tempted, even a little, I want you to do what we practiced."

She started to do the breathing exercise that I showed her. "Yes, just like that. You are stronger than the urge. You can fight it, I know you can."

She starts to tear up. "Thank you for today. It means the world to me."

I smile at her and bring her into a tight hug. "Of course, what are friends for."

She hugs me back before pulling away and laughing. "What?"

"You know, I never really liked you until recently. To be honest, I hated you. You were a raging bitch."

We both burst out laughing. "Ditto." she stops laughing and gives a look of mock offense before pushing my shoulder. "I'm kidding. A little. But yeah, after I died, I changed. I knew if I kept going the way that I was going, that I'd eventually die. And I wanted more from life than being Matty's druggie sister."

"I don't want to be like I am either. I'm a jealous control freak, i know that everyone hates me."

"Caroline Forbes. You are an amazing woman. Everyone knows that you are coming from a good place. And I've seen your future. Vampirism suits you, it turns you into an even better version of yourself. You just have to give it time."

I stand up and grab our purses, holding out hers. "You ready?"

She smiled brightly and grabbed her bag. She walks over to me and intertwines her arm with mine. "You bet your ass I am."

When we got to the school, I let her loose to go find matt. I walk until I find something. I enter a hall and see an arm wrestling competition, Damon and Stefan watching.

I walk over and wedge in between them. As i do, i elbow Damon in the gut, hard. He hunches over with a grunt.

"That's for Jeremy, you dick."

When he stands up he opens his mouth to say something but rethinks his words when he sees the glare on my face. I hear Stefan chuckle from beside me and turn to look at him with a smile on my face.

"Hey Stefan, great night isn't it?"

I look back to the competition. Tyler and Mason are arm wrestling and I immediately remember this part. Tyler struggles for a bit but Mason eventually beats him, banging his arm onto the table.

"Alright, he's the champ. Who wants to go next."

I feel Damon raise my hand for me. "Uh, Vicki wants a go."

I glare at him before turning back and clearing my throat. "Yeah, I do."

I walk over and Tyler moves to the side with an eye roll. I get a good look at Mason. He looks even hotter than he did in the show.

"Ty, you didn't tell me your uncle was so hot." Ty scoffs while Mason looks like he's blushing a little bit. I have that effect on people.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want to hurt you."

I smirk. "Bring it on." I put my elbow on the table and lift up my hand for him to grab onto.

"Get em' Vicki!" Damon cheers. I roll my eyes.

The bell rings and we start pushing. Wow, he is really strong. But I'm stronger.

We get stuck in the middle, both of us putting all of our strength into it.

He begins to look worried and he's trying so hard that a vein is pushing out on his forehead.

I chuckle. "Easy there wolf boy." I said it so quietly that no human could hear it. He's not human though. He gets so surprised that he loses his focus and puts less strength into it. I push his arm down quickly into the table, making a loud bang.

"Ohhhh." I heard from the crowd.

"Better luck next time Mason. See you around." I wink and saunter back to the brothers, putting a little extra swing in my hips on the way.

"Knew you could do it Vic, though it looked like you would lose for a second there."

"Yeah, he's actually very strong." I hint at it. It's better to leave them guessing for now so I walk away and go outside to find Caroline.

I'm over at the karaoke booth when Damon walks over to me. He drags me into a classroom. Elena and Stefan are already here.

Stefan is pacing. "How did this happen?"

"It was Katherine. She came to the hospital last night and smothered her with a frickin pillow."

Damon rolls his eyes. "That's specific. How did you know that?"

All three look at me expectantly. "Because I've been with Caroline all day."

"You what?!"

I groan. "Calm your tits Elena. I have it covered. I worked with her all day on her control, she's good being around this many people."

Stefan sighs. "I know how good with control you were when you were first turned. I trust you."

I smile at him, he's never been on my side before. I like it.

"Are you sure, she's okay being here? What if she attacks someone?"

"I have that covered too. I saw what would happen tonight if I didn't help her. And she knows too, so she'll avoid hurting anyone." Elena looks a bit more relaxed at that.

Damon on the other hand doesn't. I can practically see the gears turning in his head. I quickly stand up and go over to him.

"No, Damon. Don't even think about it."

"She's a liability. We gotta get rid of her." he says nonchalantly.

"Damon, absolutely not." Stefan leans forward.

"Caroline of all people will not make it as a vampire. Her mother's a vampire hunter."

I get up in his face. "No. Caroline is doing amazing as a vampire so far. If you try to kill her Damon, that'll be strike two. And you don't want to know what I will do to you."

Stefan starts walking out. As he goes past Damon, he says. "We are not going to kill her."

Damon looks at me, my face pleading with him. He sighs. "Okay."

"Good. And if I find out that you try to kill her tonight, or any other day. I Will. Kill. You. Got it?"

He nods.

I leave the room and go searching for Caroline. I find her with Matt at one of the booths.

When she sees me, her face lights up and she squeals. I pull her into a hug. "You okay?"

"Amazing! Thank you so much for helping me. I haven't had any urges."

I pull away and look at Matt. He looks shocked and confused at the interaction. I raise my eyebrow. "What? We're friends. Deal with it."

"Do you mind if I go with Vicki for now? I've barely talked to her today." she subtly winks at me.

He nods. "Of course. We've hung out all night, go ahead."

We quickly hug him and hold hands, running away to the next booth. "Love you Matty!"

I hear him chuckle as we get farther away.

We arrive at the ferris wheel and decide to get on. As it starts going up, I turn to her.

"You've done amazing tonight Caroline. See? I told you that you could do it."

She giggles. "Yeah, you did."

"For a bit, I would steer clear of Damon. I don't know what he'll do. Just be wary and know that if he tries anything, you'll have the upper hand. You're stronger for now."

She nods. "Okay. Um, what do we tell Bonnie."

"The truth. We'll show her that you have control over it and I'm sure with time, she'll understand. She just doesn't want anyone to get hurt."

She puts her head on my shoulder and sighs. "Today's been a long day. I'm exhausted."

"Sleepover?"

She giggles and lifts her head. "Sleepover."

A/N

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated.
I feel bad so here's a double update!

Plus I have more bookmarks up on my Etsy. Including vampire diaries ones. 
My Etsy is in the chapter "not an update."

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

177K 7.3K 30
Now like everyone else I love The Vampire Diaries and I also would like to be reborn as any character like being Bonnie the powerful Bennett witch or...
9.8K 294 23
ミ★ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a sarcastic blonde whose haunted by the dead meets a boy with a perfect smile who just so happens to be haunted by his past? Wi...
183K 5.7K 52
Bonnie needed both doppelgängers blood to try and undo the spell that made vampires but when it goes wrong Elena, Katherine, and Caroline get sent ba...
76.8K 2.8K 19
☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚-- 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 /ˈ𝐫ɛ𝐯(ə)𝐫𝐢/ 𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬; �...