His Red, Her Blue || Max Mayf...

De Hyperactiveguy

"I like talking to you red" "I like talking to you too blue" - Stranger Things Max Mayfield x male!oc Seasons... Mai multe

Intro
MadMax
Trick or Treat, Freak
The Pollywog
Will the Wise
Dig Dug
The Spy
The Mind Flayer
The Gate
Season 3
Suzie, Do You Copy?
The Mall Rats
The Case Of The Missing Lifeguard.
The Sauna Test
The Flayed
E Pluribus Unum
The Bite
The Battle of Starcourt
The Break-Up
Season 4 Vol 1
The Hellfire Club
Vecna's Curse
The Monster and The Superhero
The Night-Shifts
The Nina Project
The Dive
The Massacre at Hawkins Lab
Season 4 Vol 2
Zero
Papa
The Piggyback
The Knight

Dear Billy

2.1K 70 8
De Hyperactiveguy

"Max!" Cal yelled, his hands on her shoulders, gently shaking her.

"Cal, what's wrong with her?" Steve asked the boy.

Cal looked over at him, his expression one of worry, "I don't, I don't know." Cal uttered before turning his attention back to Max, "Max! Max, snap out of it!" he yelled.

A sharp gasp for air filled the room as Max snapped back to reality, her eyes glancing around the room frantically. Her eyes eventually landed on Cal's worried expression.

"Cal?" Max asked, her breaths heavy as Cal sighed a breath of relief.

"Yeah, it's me." Cal reassured the girl, gently cupping her cheeks, "What happened?" He asked Max softly, watching as she calmed down.

Max looked at him, her eyes filled with fear. Cal looked over at Steve and Dustin, the three sharing a concerned look.

"It was here. Right here," Max shone her torch down to the end of a hallway at an empty wall as Cal stood next to her. Steve was right behind her, Dustin on her other side, while Robin and Nancy brought up the back.

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked.

"It was so real." Max told them, "And then when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance or something." Dustin added as Cal looked at Max in worry, "Exactly what Eddie explained happened to Chrissy." Dustin finished.

Max grabbed Cal's hand and squeezed it before turning to face the group.

"That's not even the bad part." Max admitted, walking back to the office, Cal's hand still interlocking with hers, as she motioned for the others to follow her.

The group entered the office as Max shared what she knew.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms Kelley for help. They both were having headaches." Max explained as Robin looked at a file, "Bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things."

"Bad things." Max stated, "From their past. These visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended."

"Vecna's curse." Robin commented.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago, I've been having them for five days." Cal looked up at Max, the pieces clicking into place, "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than twenty four hours after their first vision."

"And I just saw that Goddamn clock, so..." Max sniffled, Cal felt his hearback her own tears at the thought of losing the girl. "Looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."

A long silence fell over the group as they all stared at Max, different emotions upon their faces, all of them within the range of despair and anguish. The silence was broken when one word was spoken.

"No." Cal said, letting out a chuckle of disbelief, "No" He repeated, a smile on his face as he held up his arms.

"That, that's not happening. I mean, come on guys, headaches, nosebleeds, nightmares? I've been getting them as well, I've even had them for way longer than Max and look," He gestured to himself, "I'm still standing. So-so there's no way, alright? This is just-" Cal shook his head, trying to find the right words as the others watched on with sympathy and concerned looks etched onto their faces,

"It's-it's just..." Cal paused, "fuck... God, Fuck!" Cal yelled, throwing his hands into the air in frustration, a cup on Ms Kelly's desk flying up and smashing against the ceiling, as everyone flinched from Cal's yell.

"Cal..." Steve began.

"This is so... so bullshit! There's always one of us in danger, every year! God... Fuck!" Cal yelled, pacing back and forth in the office.

Max slowly walked over to the young Harrington and grabbed his hand, the boy stopping before turning to face her. They both had tears welling up in their eyes, threatening to slip out.

Cal brought her into a soft hug as Max returned it instantly, both of them gripping onto each other for dear life. They stayed still in each other's embrace, the other members of the group staring at them, not knowing what to say.

A loud bang in the hallway interrupted them as it made all of them jump. Steve opened the door and stepped into the hallway, fists clenched as he looked around.

"Stay here," Steve said to the others, grabbing a lamp for protection as he left the office, Dustin, Robin and Nancy following him, leaving Cal and Max.

Cal sighed, having calmed down, before cupping Max's cheeks, "You're not dying." He stated, as if it was a matter of fact, "I-I won't let you. I'll do everything I can to force myself into your mind and give that Vecna creep a thing or two, understand?" Cal told the redhead.

"Cal..." Max whispered.

"No, I promised I'll save you, remember? I intend to keep that promise, no matter what. So please, please, tell me you understand." Cal begged.

Max looked at him, wiping away the tears in her eyes before nodding her head, "I understand," The red head said. "We should go catch up with the others," Max suggested as Cal nodded in agreement.

The two exited the office to find the group slowly creeping down the hallway as More banging came from the hallway closest to them, all six of them freezing in their tracks. Steve held his lamp above his head getting ready to attack.

They all screamed as Lucas ran around the corner, Steve swinging at him before stopping in mid air.

"It's me!" Lucas cried.

"Lucas?" Cal yelled, angry from the scare and happy to see his friend.

"It's me," Lucas panted.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you?" Steve yelled.

"I'm sorry," Lucas continued to pant.

"I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve yelled, brandishing the lamp around.

"Sorry, guys. Sorry. I was... I was biking for eight miles," Lucas groaned as he rubbed his side. "Give me a second," he said.

"Shit," Robin breathed.

"We've got a code red," Lucas said.

"What?" Dustin said.

"Dustin. I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger," Lucas said seriously.

"All right. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason now," Dustin said, looking over to where Max stood, her hand interlocked with Cal's as they stood side by side.

Lucas looked at him confused before following his gaze to the couple as they looked back at the boy with fear in their eyes.

Cal stood against the wall in Mike Wheeler's basement the next morning, between where Max was writing letters at the desk and where Steve, Dustin and Lucas were reading about Nancy and Robin's findings while Nancy and Robin were upstairs.

He was staring at Max, his eyes unmoving from her. Max let out a sigh.

"I know you're staring at me, Blue." She said.

"I have every right to do so." He stated, walking over to the desk.

Max pulled the chair out slightly, allowing Cal to kneel down in front of her and cup her cheeks in her hands once more. He brushed his right thumb against her cheek, watching as Max let out a contented sigh.

"I know you're scared and there's nothing I can do about that. But there is something I can do about this situation, okay? We've got Nancy and Robin on a lead and if that fails, I can force out my powers. Everything's under control." He softly spoke, looking into her ocean blue eyes.

Max let out a shaky breath, "I know, but what if it doesn't work? What if I'm destined to die." Max let out as Cal furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well if that's the case..." He started as a small smirk grew on his face "Then fuck destiny, we make our own rules, remember?." Cal said.

Max let out a chuckle, "Yeah, our own rules." She said with a sad smile as Cal thought of an idea

"Hey, how about after we deal with this shit, we go see El? I bet she's so bored without us there to keep her company." Cal suggested, watching as Max let out a little laugh.

"Sure Blue, we can do that." Max agreed.

Cal smiled and leaned forward, planting a soft kiss on her lips,

"I love you." he whispered.

"I love you more." Max whispered back, causing Cal to let out a soft chuckle as he stood up, planting a kiss on her forehead, before walking over to the three boys and grabbed a file of what Nacy and Robin found.

"Okay, be honest. Uh... Do you guys understand any of this?" Steve said.

"No," Lucas said.

"Pretty straightforward," Dustin said.

"Oh, straightforward, really?" Steve scoffed.

"What's confusing to you? So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him." Dustin said.

"That's assuming he was cursed, Henderson, which we don't even know. How can Vecna have existed in the '50s? And let's not forget that Cal has the same symptoms and hasn't been killed yet like the others? It doesn't make sense." Steve said, rubbing his forehead tensely.

Cal sighed, Steve raised a good point. He has experienced everything the other victims had and still is, so why hasn't Vecna attacked him?

"Far as we know, Eleven didn't create the Upside Down. She opened a gate to it. The Upside Down has probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it predated the dinosaurs," Dustin said.

"Dinosaurs? What are we-" Steve said.

"Okay. But if a gate didn't exist in the '50s, how did Vecna get through?" Lucas asked, interrupting Steve.

"And, how's he getting through now?" Steve asked.

"And why now?" Lucas asked.

"And why then? Just pops out in the '50s, kills one family, and he's like, I'm good. And poof, he just disappears. Just... gone? Only to return 30 years later and start killing random teens? No, I don't buy it. Straightforward, my ass. Honestly, Henderson, a little humility now and then, it wouldn't hurt you," Steve said, dropping into the armchair and crossing his legs.

"Sorry." Dustin said before turning to Cal, "How have you not been killed yet? No offence, it's just... odd."

"I couldn't tell ya Dust." Cal said, letting out a sigh.

"Well... is there anything unusual about your symptoms? Something different to Chrissy and Fred?" Dustin asked, hoping for some piece of information

Cal thought back to when his symptoms started. He had gotten it all about 2 months ago. Headaches every day, nightmares every night, nose bleeding two days in a row this week, hearing a strange voice before the nose bleeds

...

Wait

Cal's eyes widened, turning to Dustin, "Yeah, there is actually." He said, gaining the boy's full attention, "The nights Chrissy and Fred died, I heard something, a voice, and my nose also started to bleed after hearing it." He confessed.

"What, what did it say?" Lucas asked.

"He... he said that I can't stop what's about to happen and..." Cal took in a deep breath, "That my suffering will end soon." This caused the three boys to look at him with widened eyes.

"Shit." Steve muttered.

"Do you think it's-" Dustin said.

"It is, it has to be." Cal stated.

"It couldn't be... right?" Lucas asked, uncertain if it really was Vecna.

"I know it is. He didn't call me Cal, he called me Zero, my number." He confessed.

"Jesus Christ." Dustin let out, before a thought came to his mind, "Wait what if that's indicating the victims death." Dustin said, the other boys now focusing on him, "What if Vecna's voice happens at the final vision, then your nose bleeds when the victim is, you know" Dustin made a gesture of cutting his neck.

"I mean, that kind of lines up, but we have no proof of that." Cal stated.

Dustin let out a sigh, "Well... if you hear the voice again, make sure to tell us. If this is right, it'll indicate Max having her final vision." Dustin said as he looked over at Max, "Any idea what she's writing?"

They all shook their heads.

"Did she sleep?" Lucas asked.

"I mean, would you?" Cal asked.

The door to the basement opened and footsteps hurried down, Nancy and Robin coming into view.

"Okay, so, we have a plan," Nancy said.

They dropped down into the seats around the boys, Cal moving to stand at Steve's side.

"Thanks to Nancy's newspaper minions, we are now rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame," Robin said.

"I'm now Ruth," Nancy said.

"And I'm Rose," Robin said.

"Ruth?" Steve said, earning a snarky look from Nancy.

"Nice GPA," Dustin looked at Nancy.

"Thanks. So, we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics-" Nancy said.

"To which they said no," Robin said.

"But we landed a three o'clock with the director," Nancy said.

"Now, all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor," Robin said.

"Then maybe we can rid Max of this curse, and if things don't go to plan we always have Cal as back up" Nancy said, looking over at Cal with a smile, the boy returning it.

"About that. We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and, uh, we got some questions," Steve said.

"Lots of questions," Lucas said.

"So do we. Hopefully, Victor has the answers," Nancy said.

"Wait... Wait... Wait a second. Uh... Where's mine?" Steve held up the files with a frown.

Nancy and Robin had left to go get answers from Victor. Steve, Dustin, Lucas and Cal all watched as Max stayed in her seat, writing something.

"I know you guys are staring at me." Max stated, not turning in her seat causing Dustin, Lucas and Steve to turn their heads away

"Hmm, what?

"What, sorry?"

"Just hanging out"

Cal didn't bother to look away continuing to stare at Max. The redhead got up from her seat and walked over to them as the three boys were doing their own thing to not look at her.

"You can look at me now." Max informed them.

"Thank you. Sorry." Steve apologised, placing the ball he was throwing and catching on the table.

"Sorry." Dustin and Lucas muttered.

"For you." Max handed Dustin an envelope with his name on it. "For you." She handed one to Steve. "For you." She gave another one to Lucas, holding out one towards Cal after, who hesitantly took it, "And, um, you. Oh, and, um... give these to Mike, El and Will. If you can ever get a hold of them again."

Cal looked at the envelope with a frown. This was Max's backup if she doesn't make it.

Steve and Dustin went to open theirs before Max stopped them, "What are you doing?" She asked, "No, don't. That's not for now. Don't open them now." She said.

"Don't... okay." Dustin muttered, setting it on his lap. "I'm sorry, what is this?"

"It's, um... it's a fail-safe. For after." Max explained. "If things... if they don't work out."

"Woah, hey, things are gonna work out." Cal assured his girlfriend, still believing they have a shot at saving her.

"No!" Max retorted. "No. I'm sorry Cal, but I don't need you to reassure me and tell me it's all gonna work out. Because people have been telling me that my entire and it's almost never true... I mean, of course this asshole curses me. Should've seen that one coming."

Cal frowned, he felt a little hurt by what Max said but didn't blame her. She was stressed out right now and she was right about not everything working out all the time.

Max then walked over to the walkie talkie, "If we go to East Hawkins, will this still reach Pennhurst?" She asked.

"Of course, yeah." Dustin replied.

"Why are we talking about East Hawkins?" Steve questioned. Max gave him a look. "No, no. No!"

Max rolled her eyes and grabbed her Walkman before walking over to Cal and grabbing his hand, the boy grabbing hers, as they both ran up the stairs to walk out the house.

The others grabbed their stuff and quickly followed the couple as they walked out to Steve's car.

"Cal, Max, guys. Seriously." Steve protested, "Seriously I'm not joking, I'm not driving you anywhere."

"Steve, if you think I'm going to spend what is likely the last day of my life in the armpit that is Mike Wheeler's basement, then you're out of your mind." Max explained as they got to his car. "So, either take me where I need to go or tie me down, which is technically kidnapping of a minor. And if I live to see another day, Steve, I swear to god, I will prosecute."

Cal smiled at the threat as Max pulled on the door handle, only for the door to be locked.

"Open the door." She instructed.

"Uh, no." Steve stated.

"I know a good lawyer." Max threatened glaring at Steve as he tried to think of what else he could do before an unlocking sound was heard.

Max pulled the door handle again to find the door open this time. She knew Steve hadn't unlocked the door, so she turned to Cal to find him with a big grin on his face.

"What? If I wanna save you I need to start practising. So far so good." He said as Max's lips curved into a grin before watching the boy hop into the middle seat.

"Henderson," Steve gave in, opening his door. "That super walkie of yours better reach Penshurst."

Everyone got into the car, Lucas on Cal's right and Dustin in the front. Max stood outside for a little bit before getting in the car.

"You okay?" Cal asked, noticing the shaken up look of the girl.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go." Max said, grabbing Cal's hand and interlocking it before the group drove off.

They drove up to the trailer park, parking outside Max's home, "This better be fast, Mayfield." Steve told her, watching as Max gave Cal's hand a squeeze.

"Twenty seconds." Max assured before hopping out of the car and running up to the trailer, Cal watching as she slipped inside.

The boys fell into another moment of silence, "That things got batteries in it, right?" Steve questioned, looking over at Dustin.

"I'm not even answering that question." Dustin sighed, taking a slight pause before speaking once more, "Yes, it has batteries." The curly haired boy confirmed.

The group waited in silence once more as Cal started to fidget with his hands to pass the time. He was growing more concerned about Max taking this long, but wanted to let her do this without interrupting.

"Hey, that was longer than twenty seconds." Steve said, snapping Cal out of his thoughts as he looked up to see everyone outside the car and Max walking over to them, all standing outside the car. "Hey, whoa, whoa. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just drive" Max ordered, hopping in the car on Cal's left.

"Did something happen?" Dustin asked.

"Can we please just go?" Max requested and Steve drove to the next location.

Cal looked over at the girl, noticing she looked a little pale. He moved his over to hers, gently grabbing it as Max flinched a little. She turned to face Cal and did her best to offer a smile.

Cal smiled back, resting his head on her shoulder and gently rubbing his thumb up and down her hand.

"Turn here." Max stated, as they got closer to their new destination,

"Here?" Dustin questioned, Max nodding in response.

Cal recognised this area, this was the Hawkins cemetery. They drove a bit through the cemetery before Steve stopped the car. Max got out, about to start walking up the hill as Cal followed.

"Max" He called out, jogging up next to the girl.

"Cal, please, just wait in the car." Max sighed, continuing her walk.

"Max, wait, just hold on a minute." Cal pleaded,

"Cal, just wait-" Max began before getting cut off by Cal.

"Just listen, please." He insisted, pausing for a second before continuing, "Back at the trailer park, when you came back, you were pale and you flinched when I grabbed your hand. That was Vecna, wasn't it?" He asked, guilt flying through him as he did nothing to help her.

"Cal, I told you, I'm fine. Okay?" Max tried to reassure the boy, "I mean, as fine as someone who's hurtling towards a gruesome death can be."

"Max... You know I'm here for you, Right? You can talk to me about this." Cal frowned, his eyebrows furrowing in worry.

"Yeah, I know that," Max nodded, pursing her lips. Cal sighed, taking in a breath before speaking.

"Okay look, I don't need a letter okay? I don't want a letter. I want you to talk to me, fully talk to me. I want you to feel like you can talk to me about everything that's happening. I want you to know that you don't have to go through this alone. And if you don't want to talk to me that's fine, but please, please talk to them. They're your friends. They don't even care that you pushed them away, they're right here. I'm right here." Cal begged his girlfriend.

Max stared at him for a moment, "I-I know that Blue, I just... just wait in the car for me, please?" She asked him, the boy didn't answer, not knowing what to say.

Max gave a small smile, leaning in and kissing his lips before pulling away, "I promise I'll be quick. I'm just reading this letter to Billy and then I'm coming straight down, alright?" Max reassured the boy.

Cal gave a small smile back, "Okay, but please try and be as quick as possible, I don't want to rush you it's just, you know." He said as Max nodded, the two sharing another quick kiss before pulling as Max started to walk up the hill once more.

Cal watched her for a little bit before turning around and walking back to the car, sitting on the hood. Lucas and Dustin had gotten out of the car with Steve still sitting in the driver's seat. Dustin leaned on the car from where he stood, while Lucas stood beside Cal, his eyes on Max.

Steve looked over to Cal, "Hey, Cal" He called, the boy turning to face his older brother, "Listen, I know you're worried about her but I know that you'll do everything you can to save her and stop this fucker. That's just who you are." Steve reassured the boy, a soft smile on his lips.

Cal couldn't help but smile, Steve was right, he'll do everything he can to save her. Cal was about to speak, before being interrupted by

Exactly Zero...

Cal's eyes widened, his body freezing at the voice, catching the other's attention.

"Cal?" Lucas asked. Cal couldn't hear him, the voice clouding his mind.

Save her... before I do.

Cal snapped out of his frozen state, jumping off the car quickly as he ignored Lucas' calls and Steve asking what he was doing. He dashed up towards where Max was at, dropping down in front of her. "Max?"

The sight Cal saw would almost scar him. There Max sat, eyes rolled into the back of her head as her pupils were tinted white, her face and head twitching.

"Fuck, Max!" Cal yelled, his hands on her shoulders as she tried to shake her out of it.

He turned back down to where the others were, "Guys! Hurry! He's got her!" Cal yelled out to them

Instantly, Steve, Dustin and Lucas were sprinting up the hill, all falling around him to check on Max. Everyone was shaking her, yelling at her, doing anything and everything to snap her out of it.

"Max come on, wake up! You have to wake up!"Cal cried out, still shaking Max's body.

Steve grabbed Dustin's shirt, pulling him close as he yelled, panic and terror written all over his face. "Call Nancy and Robin! Go get 'em! Call Nancy and Robin! Go!"

Dustin stumbled from the grave sight, dashing off back to the car to get help, while the rest stayed there, trying their best.

"Max! Come on, Max!" Lucas yelled, kneeling besides Cal, as his hands shook.

Cal looked over to him, before turning around back to Max and placing his hand on her temples, closing his eyes

"This better work." Cal mumbled. Lucas and Steve looked at the boy, realising what he was trying to do, as Dustin came running back to them falling to the ground as he dropped numerous cassettes, along with Max's walkman and headphones, in front of them, which scattered at impact.

"What is this?" Lucas asked, stammering as he pointed at the discarded cassettes.

"What's her favourite song?" Dustin panted, frantic as he looked between each person.

"Why? Why?" Lucas yelled, trying to understand.

"Robin said if she listens... It's too much to explain now. What's her favourite song?" Dustin asked again, shouting as he did so.

"Look for Kate Bush! She loves Running Up That Hill! Find it quickly!" Cal ordered the others, eyes still closed and hands still on Max's temples as he focused.

Cal's face scrunched up, focusing on using his powers, as the three boys desperately tried to find the cassette.

Their voices started to become muffled as Cal's face slowly unscrunched itself, the last thing he heard being "put it on".

Cal's eyes shot open, he looked around to see he was enveloped in a distinctive crimson fog and mist, thunder and lightning were raging in the skies above him. He turned to his left and saw a hole in the red, leading back to the real world. Cal saw Max floating in the air as the other boys screamed at her to wake up, his own body on his knees with his arms at his sides.

He turned around to see organic black structures with a spike appearance, a deconstructed house in the middle, before his eyes landed on-

"Max!" He screamed, catching sight of her tied up against one of those spikes as, who he assumed was Vecna, stood before her, a hand above her face. Cal began to sprint towards them, no hesitation in his decision.

Vecna looked away from Max, keeping his hand over her, and looked over to where he heard the new voice. Vecna's eyes landed on Cal, his face remaining emotionless, not an ounce of surprise or anger shown, as he watched the boy get closer.

Max's eyes snapped open, taking a quick glance at Cal, before her right hand broke free. She grabbed a vine on Vecna's neck and pulled it off, causing him to let his hold on Max go and clutch his neck in pain, moving a few steps away.

The vines let go of the redhead, dropping her to the ground. She quickly stood up and ran towards Cal.

Cal stopped as Max came to a stop in front of him. He grabbed her hand, turning his body towards the hole in the mist, and ran towards it, Max following right beside him.

The two ran across the wet floor, Cal looking back to see Vecna recovering from Max's attack as he noticed Vecna's hand moving slightly. Max and Cal looked up and saw debris begin to fall on them.

Cal pushed Max out of the way before jumping out of the impact zone. He looked towards the girl as she stood up once more, "Max run! I'll stop the debris!" Cal told the redhead.

"Cal-"

"Just go!"

Max hesitated before doing what he said, the boy watching her run, as debris began to fall once more. Cal threw his arms in front of him, stopping debris from hitting Max, and throwing it away from her.

Vecna observed the boy, watching the way Cal used his powers, as he continued to throw debris at Max before coming to a stop. Cal noticed the lack of debris falling as Max ran through the hole in the mist, disappearing from this hell.

Cal let out a smile, turning around to face Vecna as he lifted his arm up to use powers, stopping when he saw his arms were see-through. The boy looked down at his body to see himself fading away.

"You still have much to learn, Zero." Vecna told Cal.

Cal looked up at him , confused about what he's talking about, as his eyesight became blurry.

"Much more to learn." Cal heard Vecna tell him. Cal gave him the middle finger as everything became black.

Cal's eyes shot open with a gasp, feeling the wet sensation of blood falling from his nose. He looked up, seeing Max's eyes shoot open with a gasp, as her body began to fall. Cal quickly jumped up and grabbed her, pulling her back into his chest, as he fell on his back. Their arms wrapped around each other in a tight hug, Cal rocking back and forth slightly while Max gripped onto Cal's hand.

"Hey it's okay, it's okay. I've got you. I've got you" Cal comforted the obviously traumatised girl, gently rubbing her arm up and down

Max continued to gasp, trying to calm herself, as tears streamed down her face, staining Cal's jacket she was wearing.

"I thought I lost you." Cal let out with a heavy sigh, still rubbing her arm in an attempt to calm her.

"I'm still here, I'm still here." Max repeated, her breaths slowly calming down.

The two stayed in each other's embrace before Cal looked up to the others.

"Jesus Christ" Lucas let out, joining the duo in their hug, both of them accepting it.

Steve and Dustin joined in as well as the sun set behind them. The five stayed in the moment, enjoying the group hug, all of them relieved this had worked out in their favour.

Cal could feel his eyes shut due to the lack of energy from using his powers. He slowly closed his eyes as he continued to hold on to Max, his mind thinking of one thing only.

Max had been saved. He kept his promise, for now.

To be continued...

A/N

Here it is, Dear Billy. I had a lot of fun writing this, especially Vecna's mind scene. I don't know why, but this chapter just feels right.

Anyway I should mention I'm also going over chapters in S4 constantly and adding or deleting a few lines here and there. So if something doesn't make sense it's either cause I added it or I just suck at writing.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, until next time. Bye bye!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

129K 3.9K 43
Max Mayfield x Male Reader Stranger Things x Male Reader Stranger Things season 2 ✅️ Stranger Things season 3 ✅️ Stranger Things season 4 ✅️ Stranger...
117K 3.5K 38
"why are you looking down all the wrong roads? when mine is the heart and salt of the soul?" "they'll never love you like i can..." m!oc x nancy whee...
26.9K 895 51
🖇 。・:*:・゚. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒 a max mayfield fanfic this was the girl i loved. a little ...
23.5K 323 31
***Completed until season 5*** In which, Rudy Harrington, younger brother of Steve Harrington, falls madly in love with one of the new girls from Cal...