Ever After High: A Wonderful...

By Morning_Blankets

Y/N Ozymandias, son of the Wizard of Oz, and his friends at Ever After High return for more Royal Vs. Rebel s... More

The Neutral's Return
Ever Academy
An Evil Alliance
The Tale of Two Brothers
The Boulevard
Alice
The Way Home
Spring Unsprung Begins
A Bit Of Chaos
A/N
A/N
Tasty Wonder
Cook Off
Topsy-Turvy Trouble
Save The Wonder!
On A Train With A Hare
The Jabberwock 2: Electric Boogaloo
Card Tricks
Jester's Wild
Shuffle The Deck
A Royal Flush
Back Home
An Interview With A Princess
A Boys Camping Trip
Another (After)Life
The Fellowship of The Waterfall
A Big Family Secret
Shatter The Mirror
Here There Be Dragons
The Ones We Knew
Dragon Games
Into The Woods
Destiny Calls
Life Goes On

Battle For Ever After High

1.1K 50 61
By Morning_Blankets

Faybelle cheered to herself in success while in the presence of Oswalt and The Evil Queen.

Faybelle: I did it! I found Raven and her friends in the Enchanted Forest! I poisoned Apple White! I am on a wicked roll! I am...being completely ignored.

Oswalt was looking through files from the headmaster's vault while the Evil Queen painted her nails.

Evil Queen: Oswalt, which of these nail polish colours gives off more of a "be scared of me because I'm your evil ruler" vibe?

Oswalt: Dark Purple.

Faybelle: Did you hear what I said? I took care of everything. How about a little evil credit over here?

Oswalt and The Evil Queen both looked at her unimpressed.

Oswalt: Good job. You did what we told you to do. Happy?

Evil Queen: Need I remind you who wears the crown in this wicked takeover? None of this would be happening without our brilliant planning. Those idealistic damsels are still out there and this isn't over yet. But we've come too far not to see our ultimate plan to completion.

She looked at her nails.

Evil Queen: Are you sure about this color?

Oswalt: The colour is fine, my dear.

Faybelle groaned.

Faybelle: Yeah. You look....spelltacular.

Tina: What is the meaning of this?!

The doors suddenly swung open and Tina stormed in, though the only one who reacted was Faybelle out of surpise. Oswalt just sighed.

Tina: Reggie just told me that you're planning on marrying that...that...Wonderlander?!

Oswalt: Watch your words, Tinman. Kitty is more important to me than you are.

Tina scowled at his blunt statement.

Tina: You're marrying an outsider. Your bride to be is from Wonderland!

Oswalt: And you think you would make for a better bride?

Tina froze. Oswalt glared at her through the shadows of the room.

Oswalt: Get out. Now.

Tina hesitated for a moment, then she stumbled backwards before promptly leaving. Faybelle watched this in utter surpise.

How could he be so cruel to her?

Was this what true evil looked like?

Was this the road she was heading down?

-Ever After High-

You gathered around the glass coffin where Apple laid. She was asleep, but she did look pretty....dead. And the only way to wake her is with true love's kiss.

Or Daring.

Though....

Daring: This is it, Charming. You have to wake your sleeping damsel with a kiss, and it's happily ever after from here on out! Ohhh-ho-ho-ho-ho, this is happening so fast! Ugh!

Daring wasn't exactly confident in himself. He was actually freaking out quite a bit. Doubting himself now that his time had came.

You walked over to your friend and placed a hand on his back. You offered a supportive smile.

Y/N: Come on, Drama Prince. Let's get you ready to save Apple.

Daring nodded and you lead him to a place he could get ready. And while he did, you found yourself staring off into the distance toward Ever After High. Today was the day.

The battle would begin soon. And you were nervous. You didn't want anything to happen to your friends and there was no telling what else Oswalt had up his sleeve.

And on top of that, you knew that it would come down to him and you. And you didn't know if you had what it took to beat him.

???: *Snort*

You stiffened at the sound. You slowly looked to your left to find Kansas standing there. Your White Stag.

Y/N: Uh....h-hey, mate. Where have you been?

The stag didn't answer. Of course it didn't. It didn't talk. Only in that other world.

You took a deep breath before turning to the animal.

Y/N: I'm scared. Scared that something will go wrong and...that everyone will pay for it. I-I never lead an army into battle.

The stag tilted it's head. You sighed. This was pointless. Talking to an animal was like talking to a wall. No response.

Kansas walked over to you and nudged your still green arm. You chuckled and petted the creature.

Y/N: Yeah. I match my mum now. Pretty cool, huh?

Kansas snorted which only made you chuckle some more. This at least eased your nerves.

Daring: I'm ready.

You looked over to see your friend, and you smiled.
------------
Everyone gathered at the clearing where Apple was. You joined Lizzie and your sister as music softly played. Over the small hill, Daring appeared on horseback, wearing a brilliant suit of armor.

Everyone watched with hope and amazement as Daring rode down the hill and towards Apple. He got off and took a deep breath.

Daring: Apple White, you are my damsel. And I am your Prince Charming.

He walked over to Apple and preped himself.

Daring: And now I will fulfill our destinies, and we shall live happily ever...after....

Daring leaned down, and kissed Apple. You all watched as the music reached it's peak....but nothing happened. No magic, no wonder, no awake Apple.

Daring chuckled nervously.

Daring: He-he, huh. Happily ever after.

He leaned down and kissed her cheek. Still nothing.

You then face palmed.

Y/N: Crap. I just remembered.

Lizzie: What?

Y/N: Daring isn't Apple's Prince Charming. He's the Beast. Remember?

Lizzie thought back to the Jabberwocky attack and realized you were right. He was supposed to be the Beast.

Brair: Wait, what?

Daring: Ever after. Heh.

He tired to kiss her hand. You quickly hurried over and pulled him away so he wouldn't keep kissing the poor girl.

Raven: Daring, is something wrong?

Daring: I'm-I'm not the prince of destiny...I'm not her Prince Charming!

Cedar: What does this mean?

You all looked at Apple in realization.

Raven: It means, Apple's forever sleep...really is forever after.

Y/N: Not really.

Everyone looked at you.

Maddie gasped.

Maddie: Wait! Are you Apple's Prince Charming?!

Lizzie frowned while you looked at her confused.

Y/N: What? N-No. Uh...

You walked over to Dexter and Darling.

Y/N: Daring is destined to be the Beast, so that means Dexter or Darling is Apple Prince Charming! Or, uh, Princess Charming.

Darling and Dexter looked at each other in surpise. They never even considered that to be an option.

Ashlynn: How do you figure?

Y/N: Well, they're twins. My guess is that since Daring is the Beast, the oldest, than one of them can wake Apple. Quick, who's the oldest?

Dexter: I am, by a minute.

Y/N: Then your destiny is for Sleeping Beauty.

Brair and Dexter looked at each other. You then turned to Darling.

Y/N: That means....

Everyone looked at Darling. She stood there for a moment and tried to process what she was hearing.

Darling: So...I have to k-kiss Apple?

You nodded. She looked to the sleeping girl and sighed.

Darling: Okay. Well, if it works, then great. And if not, I don't want to hear it.

You all agreed. Darling then walked over to Apple and took a deep breath. She leaned down, and kissed Apple.

Golden magic suddenly spread around the area from the kiss which seemed to boost you all up in spirit. Darling took a step back as the magic surrounded Apple before reaching her lips.

Her eyes suddenly shot open and she coughed, spitting out a piece of apple that was lodged in her throat.

Holly: Apple's back, she's back! Darling did it!

Daring: Apple's Awake!

Madeline: Yay, yay, yay!

Apple placed a hand on her neck and looked around confused.

Apple: What-what happened? Did......Daring, wake me up?

You all stood there awkwardly while Dafling rubbed the back of her neck.

Apple: Guys?

Raven just rushed over and hugged her friend. You let out a sigh of relief before clearing your throat.

Y/N: While this is nice and dandy, we still have a school to save.

Everyone nodded in agreement as the dragons landed.

It was time for a battle.

Apple: We have the Booking Glass! We just need the passcode.

Darling: We've tried, Apple. But it's not like we can guess the combination. Daring just got lucky when he got captured.

Daring: "Lucky"? I wouldn't put it that way!

Faybelle Thorn: I would!

You all turned around to find Feybelle landing in the field. You all reached for your weapons, but Faybelle lifted her hands to show that she was unarmed.

Y/N: What are you doing here?

Faybelle: Relax, green bean. I'm done working for Wicked and Wickeder. I mean, how evil can someone be?

She looked at the Booking Glass that Dexter was holding.

Faybelle: I can unlock that. One, two, three, four! That booking glass is locked no more!

The Booking Glass beeped and you all looked at it.

Dexter: Uh, yeah. It's unlocked now.

You all turned back to Faybelle.

Y/N: I don't understand, why are you switching sides?

Faybelle: This dark fairy and your dorkus brother are just out for revenge. I worked my wings off for that ungrateful queen! Let's see how well their wicked plans go without Faybelle in their corner!

You considered the options for a moment before shrugging.

Y/N: Sure. Whatever. But if you turn on us....

Faybelle suddenly found the edge of a knife pressed against her neck, courtesy of Cerise.

Faybelle: Uh, yeah. I got it.

Darling: What are you waiting for, people?

Hunter: Dragon up!

Everyone grabbed their weapons and gear and headed for the field where the dragons were waiting. Legend could carry about five people while the others could carry three. The other students would be waiting for Raven's spell to teleport them to the school.

You mounted Legend and grabbed the reigns before looking over to the forest. Kansas stood there, watching you. You nodded to it as others climbed onto Legend.

You had Lizzie, Cerise, Hunter, and Daring.

The team that would be heading out first would be you, Lizzie, Cerise, Hunter, Daring, Dexter, Apple, Raven, Faybelle, Briar, Ruby, Melody, Ashlynn, Ruby, Maddie, Darling, Poppy, Holly, Alistar, and Bunny.

Legend took off with the others following. You held onto the reigns as tightly as you could as you looked down at your hand. That growing feeling was getting stronger.

Lizzie: We can do this.

You looked back to your friends who were all giving you reassuring looks. You smirked as you turned back ahead.

Y/N: Yeah. We do.
------------
Oswalt stood at the edge of a balcony and stared out at the dark clouds. He kept his hands behind his back before taking a deep breath. He slowly let it out through his mouth.

Evil Queen: My daughter is still out there.

Oswalt opened his eyes and looked behind him to where the Evil Queen was standing.

Oswalt: I'm aware.

The Evil Queen approached him and looked out at the clouds as well.

Evil Queen: I can feel the winds shifting.

Oswalt: It's them.

Evil Queen: I was beginning to wonder when they would come.

Oswalt nodded. He then looked back to his minions as they prepared their dragons. He then looked down below at the shadowy creatures.

Oswalt: Let them come. You will have your daughter and I will have my foolish siblings. Then, no one will stand in our way.

The Evil Queen smiled while Oswalt remained stoic. He turned and walk back into the school. When he arrived in the Headmaster's Office, he found Kitty napping on the desk.

He smiled to himself before walking over and gently brushing some hair out of her eye.

Oswalt: It's time to wake, Kit Kat.

Kitty mumbled in her sleep but did open her eyes. The two looked at each other for a moment.

Oswalt: Remember what I told you to do?

Kitty nodded.

Oswalt: Good. Go on ahead. I won't be far behind.

Kitty vanished and Oswalt was alone. He reached into his pocket and pulled out Ruby's earring, placing it on his own ear.

Glynda: Oswalt, you need to stop this.

Oswalt sneered at her voice.

Oswalt: It never would've started if it wasn't for you. Now, be silent and listen.

Oswalt pointed to the files on his desk.

Oswalt: You're going to tell me everything about why you made these artifacts, and why they have my mother's essence in them.
------------
You narrowed your eyes at the sight of the large storm clouds that surrounded Book End. How many people were getting attacked by those creatures now? You thought of a quick plan before turning back towards Maddie and her dragon.

Y/N: Maddie, you and Holly take your dragons down to town and help anyone who's still around.

Maddie nodded. On her dragon was her, Bunny, and Alistair. On Holly's dragon it was her and Briar. The dragon dove down and headed for the town while the rest of you continued to school.

The Evil Queen smirked as she watched you get closer.

Evil Queen: Take care of them, my pups.

The shadows creatures screamed out and rushed out of their formation and leaped from the floating school. Your eyes grew wide when the sky grew dark by the countless number if creatures falling towards you all.

Raven: Incoming!

You all maneuvered through the shadowy showers while some managed to actually land on the dragons. Hunter pulled out his bow and pulled back and arrow, sending it flying towards one of the creatures that was holding onto Legend's wing. The arrow pireced through the creature, causing it to shatter like glass.

The dragons reached the school where many more creatures were waiting.

Y/N: Raven, now!

Raven lifted her hands and casted a spell. The students from the forest began to vanish and reappear in Book End and Ever After High.

Y/N: She's all yours, Dex!

Dexter took the reigns as the rest of you jumped down. Dexter, Melody, Ashlynn, Poppy, Raven, Apple, and Ruby all flew their dragons while the rest were left to fight freely. You landed and pulled your sword out, lifting your shield to block a creature's claws.

You sliced your blade through a creature and looked up at the balcony.

Y/N: The Evil Queen is up there!

Raven spotted her mother and flew Nevermore down to attack. However, things wouldn't be that easy.

The dark dragons appeared with their riders and began to engage in battle with your friends. Raven pulled back and quickly flew to avoid being attacked by Courtly.

Courtly: Time for round two, you brat!

Down below, in Book End, another battle took place. The students and villagers battled against the creatures to protect their shops and homes. Even the Mad Hatter was there.

Mad Hatter: Creatures of dark go best with a cup of tea!

He stood ontop of a carriage that was being overran by the creatures. He reached into his pants and pulled out a large bass fish and began to fight them off with it.

Everyone was giving it their all to fight back the forces of evil, but the numbers were not in your favor. It had to be a hundred to one, at least.

Still, that didn't stop you all from taking down as many creatures as you could. Darling used her long sword to slice through as many creatures as she could in one swipe. Hunter used his bow until the creatures got too close, then he used his ax. Cerise ran through the battlefield, slicing every creature she came across, leaving black mist in her wake.

Lizzie used the Vorpal Blade to help the best she could. Queens didn't fight. But, she wasn't a queen. Not yet, at least. So this is fine.

The sounds of metal clashing filled the air with the shouts of battle. Creatures charged forward, but your forced held their ground.

Daring: This is for trapping me in that horrible mirror dimension! I couldn't see a single reflection!

Daring charged in, screaming the entire time.

You slid back after blocking an attack. You pushed the creature back with your shield and cut it down. Hunter also jumped back behind you, sending an arrow right into a creature's head.

Hunter: This is pretty hairy.

Y/N: I know. We need to find a way to get into the school and reach Oswalt.

Hunter: I think I have an idea.

He placed his fingers against his lips and whistled a tune. Cerise and Darling caught the signal and finished off their creatures before hurrying over. The four of you stood side by side and looked at the front doors to the school.

Y/N: Think you can clear us a path, Hood?

Cerise smirked and immediately darted forward. Her dagger dug through through every creature in her path with the three of your charging to follow. It wasn't much longer until you were inside the school, charing through the halls and cutting through the shadowy creatures sent to stop you.

Back in the courtyard, Daring shouted out commands to try and push the creatures back. Hopper lifted a large ax and charged towards a group of creatures while Sparrow swung around on the school's banners with his guitar, providing battle music.

In the skies above, Raven lead the dragon riders.

Raven: Alright everyone, listen up! Apple has to get as close to the Evil Queen as she can. Let's cover her back, and make sure that she gets there. Hang onto your crowns!

The riders headed towards the dark dragons before the Evil Queen found herself bored. She then decided to join in the fun herself.

She whistled and Courtly's dragon flew back to her, much to the chagrin to the Wonderlandian.

Courtly: Oi! What gives?!

Evil Queen: I'll be taking this dragon.

Courtly got off and crossed her arms.

Courtly: And what an I supposed to do? Sit here and watch?

The Evil Queen mounted her dragon and looked down to the battle below.

Evil Queen: I suppose you could. Or, you can take your destiny.

Courtly followed her gaze and smirked. Lizzie Hearts.

Courtly: Oh, this will be fun!

She laughed to herself and leap over the balcony with her cards at the ready. The Evil Queen kicked her dragon which took off into the sky. Down below, Blondie hid behind some statues with her mirrorpad recording.

Blondie: Blondie Lockes here, reporting from the front-lines of the most spellbinding, dragon battle, ever after!

She ducked to avoid dragon fire.

Blondie: Apple White and Raven Queen are leading a team of students in a royal campaign to stop the Evil Queen and send her back to the Mirror Realm! Meanwhile, Y/N Ozmandias and his team are going after the wicked Oswalt Ozmandias to stop his evil plan! More to come, as the pages continue to turn, on this amazing story!

She then placed a pan on her head for armor before jumping into the battle as well with a scream.
-------------
You and your group ran through the halls of Ever After High towards the Headmaster's office. The shadows on the walls shifted, but Darling was able to slice down the creatures before they could reach you.

Y/N: Stay sharp. We don't know what Oswalt might have planned.

Hunter: And what do you have planned?

You didn't answer straight away. Your plan was kinda.....

Y/N: Fight Oswalt and win.

Cerise: Works for me.

She darted forward and used the wall to launch herself towards two creatures, slicing them both down. You all turned the corner but came to an eurpt stop when you found the hall full of the creatures. You lifted your shield while your friends readied their weapons.

Y/N: Oswalt is through that door. We just have to reach him.

Darling: Well, standing here talking won't get us any closer.

Hunter: You're right.

Cerise: So, what's the call, Ozzie?

Your grip on your sword tightened.

Y/N: We push forward.

Everyone smiled as you took the first step forward. The four of you cried out loudly as the creatures rushed towards you all. You responded by stabbing into the closest one.
---------------
Lizzie blocked an attack and slammed the Vorpal Blade into a creature. She then made a strange noise with her lips. Suddenly, from the cracks and crevices of the school came a swarm of hedgehogs that began to attack the creatures.

Lizzie: Yes! Attack them all, my little friends! Leave none standing! Off with their heads!

Courtly: Still shouting orders.

Lizzie turned around just as a card flew towards her. She was barely able to avoid being hit by the thin weapon, which blew up in a pink explosion behind her.

Courtly: Come on, Princess. Let's dance!

Courtly charged at Lizzie who avoided another card, but the third one slipped past the blade and hit her shoulder. Lizzie cried out and stumbled backwards.

Courtly laughed as she pulled out many more cards.

Courtly: Let's see how strong you are without your little boy toy, eh?

She threw the set of cards towards Lizzie. The princess quickly blocked the cards with her sword but was still forced to stumble backwards from the force of the blasts.

Courtly charged towards her and grabbed the edge of the blade and forced it down, flicking another card into Lizzie's chest. Lizzie fell back while Courtly held the Vorpal Blade.

Courtly: Oooh. Shiny.

She smirked as she flipped the sword and caught it. She then pointed it to Lizzie's neck.

Courtly: Let's see how you like it when it's off with your head.

Courtly laughed as she lifted the blade. Lizzie's eyes grew wide as it came down, but it wouldn't reach her neck. Instead, it slammed into something else that stopped it.

Cedar: Not so fast, girl I don't know!

The blade was now stuck in Cedar's arm, but Cedar didn't feel any pain. She was made of wood, and she was happy with it.

Courtly tried to pull the blade free, but Cedar just smiled.

Cedar: Guess this is mine now!

Cedar pulled the blade away and Lizzie grabbed hold of it. She pulled it free and got to her feet. Cedar and her stood side by side and faced Courtly, who was snarling.

Courtly: Fine. I'll just burn you both down!

She threw her cards, but neither Lizzie nor Cedar were worried. They were ready.
-------------
Raven and Apple chased after the Evil Queen on their dragons in an attempt to catch her. They just needed to capture her in the Booking Glass, but she had years upon years of experience on both girls.

Evil Queen: You call that Dragon Riding? I'm insulted.

Raven gritted her teeth and went low while Apple stayed on the Evil Queen's tail. When Raven came up to attack, the Evil Queen spun and avoided her, nearly making Raven and Apple collide into each other.

They both managed to pull away in time, but the Evil Queen had an opening. She shot out a ball of dark magic towards the girls which Raven barely managed to block with her own magic.

Raven: We need to be careful. My mom is a better rider than us.

Apple: We just need to get close.

Raven nodded and the two continued their chase. The other dragons were battling against Tina and the other Ozzians in a desperate struggle to gain the sky advantage. If they could take them down, they could offer air support that could turn the tides of this battle.

Ashlynn: Come on, girl. Give it your all.

Her dragon opened her mouth and shot out a massive ball of fire towards Tina. She lifted an arm to protect herself and growled.

Tina: I'll make you pay for that!

Ashlynn just smiled as her dragon flew upwards to avoid Tina's retaliation. Tina, however, wasn't going to let up. She chased after Ashlynn and prepared her dragon to attack.

Tina: This is for my father, you prissy little brat!

Ashlynn had no time to react to the dragon digging it's claws into her's. Ashlynn found herself slipping, only barely managing to get a good grip on her reigns. But Tina wasn't done yet.

She guided her dragon to slam Ashlynn into the side of the school where her and her dragon collapsed. Tina laughed, only to be interrupted when Ruby moved to attack. The two flew off, fighting and trying to gain ground while Ashlynn laid there motionless.

Her vision was blurry and her entire body hurt...but not her legs. Not anything below her waist.

She couldn't feel anything.
--------------
You slammed your shield down, blocking a powerful attack before Cersie dashed forward and stepped on your back. She leaped up and slammed her daggers into the creature.

Hunter slammed his ax into another before he pulled out an arrow and stabbed it into a creature's eye. Piles of dark matter now covered the floor as you and your friends tried to push through the seemingly endless horde of creatures.

The door was just right there. You just needed a bit more ground.

Y/N: Come on!

You swung your sword, but something happened. Green flames emerged from your now green hand and engulfed the blade in it's magic. With that one swing, you were able to wipe out four of those creatures.

Darling: Whoa!

Hunter: What was that?

You looked at your hand confused. Was that your mother's magic? How? You didn't have her power, Oswalt did.

It didn't matter right now. You could worry about it after you free the school. You channeled the power again and swung.
-----------------
Lizzie whistled and a row of hedgehogs lined up. She then used the Vorpal Blade to send them flying towards Courtly who tried to swat them away, but their spikes still cut and poked her skin making her bleed. Cedar would then come by and snatch a card from her.

Courtly: Stop that, you pest!

Lizzie: No one tells the Future Queen of Hearts what to do!

She hit another hedgehog straight to Courtly's face, making her fall backwards and drop all of her cards. She cried out as they all went off at once, suddenly covering the area around her exploding in pink. Lizzie and Cedar waited for the smoke to clear before seeing that Courtly was now greatly injured and covered in pink ash.

Courtly: Y-Y-You....little......b-brats....

She then passed out from shock. Lizzie and Cedar cheered and gave each other high-fives.

Lizzie: Now, onto the rest of them!

Cedar: Yeah!

They rushed into the battle again with their battle cries.
------------
Ashlynn laid on the stone ground before a large shadow appeared over her. Ruby landed her dragon and jumped off. She rushed over to Ashlynn and slid to her side.

Ruby: Ashlynn? Ashlynn, can you hear me?

Ruby went to roll her over but Ashlynn cried out. Ruby began to panic before she saw her hand. Blood. And a lot of it.

Ashlynn was hurt, bad.

Ruby: No. No no no!

Tina: Something wrong, Rue?

Ruby turned around as her dragon snarled. Tina hovered over them with a wicked smirk.

Tina: This is what happens when you choose the wrong side. We could've gone home together.

Ruby: Why don't any of you understand, there's nothing to go home to! Oz is gone!

Tina: Then we will rise! We will rise, stronger than before!

Ruby clenched her fists. Her friends were in danger. And this was all because of Ozzians. Her people. What little remained.

Ruby: Get away.

Tina: Oswalt told me to keep you alive, but I could chalk you up to a sorry accident.

Ruby: I SAID GET AWAY!

Ruby lifted her hands and a sudden sprew of magic was released. The blast surpised Tina and she had no time react. The magic encased her in a massive bubble that then erupted around her. The blast disposed of her dragon and sent Tina falling towards the battle field with a scream.

Reggie was able to catch her, but it was clear that the battle in the sky was lost. The Ozians retreated back while the dragon riders took over the skies. With the advantage, they were able to spread out and assist the students and towns folk below.

Ruby stayed with Ashlynn before looking at her hands.

Ruby: I...I uh...I can do this.

She placed her hands on Ashlynn's wound and closed her eyes. She then recalled a spell her mother used to cast on her and Oscar when they got hurt.

Ruby: I cast this spell to heal all wounds, much like how time will soon help you.

Her magic began to dance around Ashlynn's wound as it began to heal. Ashlynn gasped for air as her body twitched in response to the healing magic. Her injury was patched and Ashkynn began to get some feeling back in her toes, but she was still out for the count.

Still, Ruby stayed with her.

She rubbed her arm before Ashlynn weakly held her hand.

Ashlynn: Thank...you...

Ruby smiled.

Ruby: Of course.
--------------
Oswalt rolled the earring in his hand as he watched the battle. The tides were turning against him now. The skies belonged to your side, and only the Evil Queen was still holding her own.

It didn't matter. He already won. Even if you retook the school, he won. The world knee that the Royal Familes were lying to them. That they were monsters.

He heard the commotion just outside his door, but he didn't really bother to try and stop you.

He clasped the earring before he rolled his head. Then, he reached his hand out and shot out a spell that destroyed the wall and the roof, sending the debris flying out into the courtyard below.

The door burst open and you and your friends stormed into the room. Though, it probably couldn't really be called a room since there was only one wall and no roof.

Oswalt: Well, it has been a very long time, baby brother.

Oswalt turned around and stared at the four of you. You found your heart beating faster and your blood boil.

You stood across the balcony from your brother, face to face. No tricks. No fake faces.

You and him.

Oswalt: Well. Here we are. Me and you. Funny how it always came down to just us, huh? Even when we were kids.

He sighed.

Oswalt: We used to fight with sticks. Oscar and Ruby got to have wooden swords but we had sticks. But, that never stopped us.

He smiled a bit before his hands fell to his sides.

Oswalt: So, what do you say? Like old times?

His hands were suddenly engrossed in green flames that expanded before revealing the two swords that you used to wield. The swords if Oz.

Hunter: Y/N....

Y/N: He's mine.

Your friends looked at you worried. You shivered slightly before you nodded.

Y/N: Go help the others. I can handle him.

Cerise and Darling shared a look buy no one argued. The three hurried out of the room to rejoin the fight while you stood there, sword and shield in hand. Oswalt tilted his head slightly.

Oswalt: Just you and me?

You rolled your shoulders and began to bounce.

Y/N: Just you and me.

You charged forward as did Oswalt. The moment your blades clashed, lightning struck.
----------------
Raven and Apple raced closer to the Evil Queen who was still laughing. Apple pulled out the Booking Glass and aimed it towards the Evil Queen. She activated it and took a breath.

Apple: Capture the Evil...

Her command was halted when a magic spell suddenly grabbed the Booking Glass right out of her hands. The Evil Queen caught it with a wicked laugh.

Apple: No!

Evil Queen: Now I'm going to let all your friends see what it's like to spend one hundred years in the Mirror Realm. Starting with you!

She aimed the Booking Glass towards Apple who was completely open.

Evil Queen: Capture Apple White!

The Booking Glass activated and a blast fired out. Apple's eyes grew wide. But, she had someone on her side.

From a cloud, Raven suddenly appeared on Nevermore flying upside down. She reached out and slapped the Booking Glass out of her mother's hand, stopping its spell in the process.

Evil Queen: Somebody's been practicing!

Raven grabbed the reigns and dove Nevermore down. She reached out and caught it, flinging it over to Apple who caught it.

Evil Queen: Well, isn't this a fun little reunion!?

Raven: It's over, mom! We're taking back the school!

Evil Queen: You might want to think about what you're doing, Apple, you're throwing away your destiny!

Apple gasped, but Raven was there.

Raven: Don't listen to her, Apple.

Evil Queen: Without me, you'll never get your happily ever after. Raven has made it abundantly clear that she doesn't intend to follow in my footsteps. Face it, you don't have a choice.

Apple looked at the Booking Glass before gripping it tightly.

Apple: Yes, I do! We all have a choice. And I'll find my happily ever after some other way- without you.

Apple aimed the Booking Glass towards the Evil Queen with a determined look in her eye.

Apple: Capture Evil Queen!

The Booking Glass responded and fired out the spell towards the Evil Queen. However, she used her own magic to block it.

Evil Queen: I'm, not, going, back!  I told you! I'm more powerful than you!

Her magic began to collide with the Booking Glass, bring the spell at a standstill.

Raven: Apple!

Apple: She's weakening the booking glass!

Raven looked at her own hands. She then clenched her fists and flew upwards. She jumped off of Nevermore and instead landed on Apple's dragon.

Raven reached from behind Apple and grabbed her hands, using her own magic to amplify the Booking Glass.

The struggle of magic lit the sky up in a myriad of color. Blondie filmed the confrontation before she noticed something else. She turned her MirrorPad over and zoomed in to see you and Oswalt where the Headmaster's office used to be.

Blondie: Y/N?

Y/N: AHHH!

You swung your sword down, but Oswalt blocked it. He then moved to attack but you managed to use your shield before pushing him back.

Oswalt: Not bad. But not good enough.

He lifted his knee and slammed it into your shield, making it slip up and giving him.the opening he needed to slice your side. You grunted but kept fighting.

Magic surrounded your shield which sent Oswalt flying across the room, hitting the floor and sliding to a stop just before the edge. He looked at you in surpise.

He then grinned.

Oswalt: Well well well, little brother. This is new.

He rose to his feet while you stood tall. He began to chuckle before he pointed a blade towards you.

Oswalt: Come and show me how badly you want to abandon your own people.

Y/N: I'll show you how badly I want to protect them.

Oswalt gritted his teeth and charged at you, leaping into the air. You challenged his attack with your shield. The impact sent out a shockwave of magic that erupted throughout the area.

It was enough to make the Evil Queen lose her focus. Her spell was broken and the Booking Glass hit her. She screamed out as the magic pulled her off the dragon and towards the looking glass.

Raven and Apple cried out as the magic grew stronger as it seized the Evil Queen. And, finally, it worked. The Evil Queen entered the Booking Glass and the magic stopped. Apple and Raven both looked at it as the skies began to clear.

Down below, the shadowy forces began to retreat. The students stopped fighting as the creatures reentered the shadows from whince they were born. Relief and cheers filled the air as victory became apparent.

Those cheers were quickly quieted by the sound of another magical blast.

Everyone looked up to see you and Oswalt still battling. Swords clashing and attacks growing stronger.

You gritted your teeth even more as your attacks became quicker, harder, heavier. Oswalt wasn't even flinching. He was just on a full frontal assault. No hold bars.

He swung his blade, knocking your sword out of your hand and into the floor. You lifted your shield, blocking Oswalt's attack before swinging your fist into his face. Oswalt stumbled back and you leaped up. You grabbed your shield and slammed it down, shattering one of Ozwalt's swords.

He swung his sword again, but you caught it with your free hand and held him in place. You then began to attack him with your shield repeatedly, each hit harder than the last.

Your anger grew in full as you continued your hits. Your grunting turned into growling, and growling turned into a full on yell as Oswalt bleed from his wounds.

Then, your yelling turned into laughter.

Wicked laughter.

Oswalt reached his hand out towards the broken sword and green magic began to dance around the broken shards.

Lizzie: Ozzie? What are you doing?

Ruby: Bro.

Y/N: AGHGHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHH!

Oswalt grunted before he formed a fist, suddenly sending everything to a stand still. The students below gasped and wavered when they saw what had happened.

Your chest was hurting. Your shirt felt wet. You couldn't really move.

Lizzie covered her mouth while Ruby couldn't even feel anything. That was when you looked down.

The sword had stabbed right through your chest. Your blood dripped from the blade.

You dropped the shield and found yourself stumbling back. You let go of Oswalt who dropped to his knees. He held himself up and watched as you dropped to your knees gasping. Blood splattered out of your mouth as you stared at him.

But, you didn't see him.

You saw Ruby. You saw Lizzie.

Briar, Cerise, Daring, Hunter, Darling, Maddie, Raven, Apple, Holly, Poppy, Dexter, Ashlynn, Alistar, Bunny, Gildes, Baba Yaga, Badwolf, Red.

Oscar.

You saw your family.

Y/N: S-Sorry.

You then fell over, limp on the ground.

Silence fell over the crowd as Oswalt stood up, stumbling slightly. He wiped the blood from his mouth before looking at his hands.

He then looked back at you.

Oswalt: This time, you're staying dead.

He reached his hands out, and threw out a spell towards your body. Everyone screamed.

Lizzie: NO!

The spell erupted into a ball of brilliant light, but not because it had hit you. It erupted because it hit something else.

Your vision was blurry, but you could still make out the shape of your saviour.

Oswalt: What?

Kansas lifted their head and shook the magic off of it's pure white coat.

Kansas: That is enough, Oswalt.

Oswalt tilted his head confused. Was he imagining things.

Oswalt: Who....what are you?

Kansas: You don't recognize me? I am insulted, dear nephew.

Kansas began to lift up, standing on their hind legs, but began to change. Her fur faded into a dress while her horns became hair tired in buns. Kansas was no longer a stag, she was a human.

But not just any human.

Oswalt: O-Ozma.

Ozma: So you do remember me. Good.

Oswalt took a step back while Ozma looked back to you. She reached a hand out and the sword was suddenly gone from your body, your wound no longer bleeding. You were still hurt, but you were alive.

Your friends quickly hurried into the school to get to you while Ozma turned back to Oswalt.

Oswalt: How is this possible? How are you here?!

Ozma: I never left, child.

Ozma took a step towards him, and he took a step back.

Ozma: I was always watching my dear neices and nephews. It was the promise I made your mother. One I will always keep.

Oswalt shook his head, not being able to process what was happening.

Your friends burst through the door and stopped when they saw the scene before them.

Darling: Who is that?!

Ozma: This fight is over, Oswalt. It's time you leave.

Oswalt stared at her, glared at her, but Ozma didn't even budge. She simply lifted her hand, and motioned for him to go.

Oswalt growled before turning away in anger. But as he did, Ozma's magic snatched away his necklace and the earring. Oswalt turned back in anger, but Ozma pushed her hand out, sending a spell right to him that made him vanish.

Everyone was speechless, but Lizzie spotted you trying to push yourself up.

Lizzie: Ozzie!

Everyone watched as she ran to you. She tossed the Vorpal Blade aside and helped you sit up. You groaned from.the pain, but you were alive.

Hunter: Is...is that it? Did we win?

Ozma looked around for a moment.

Ozma: I'd say so.

Everyone smiled and quickly rushed to your side. Ozma couldn't hide her happiness at the sight. Lizzie rested her head against yours as you both smiled. The day was won. Ever After High was freed.

But still in the air.

Ozma: Oh! I should do something about that.

Wait, can she hear me?

Ozma: Obviously. After all, I am Ozma of Oz.

She smirked knowingly with a wink before she reached her hand out. Magic surrounded Ever After High and began to lower it back to it's original place on the ground. Then, the magic surrounded the school and began to repair it to it's original great state.

The students and residents of Book End watched in amazement by the display of magical power. Almost like it was effortless.

The magic then moved to the staff and students who had been turned into creatures. One by one, they all returned to normal.

Daring: Um....what just happened?

Baba Yaga: I know this magic.

Everyone jumped at her sudden appearance. The staff were all in the headmaster's office now staring at Ozma. Gildes smiled and walked over.

Gildes: Well, I'll be. Hello, Ozma dear.

Ozma smiled softly and gave the old man a hug.

Ozma: Hello, Gildes. It has been far too long.

Baba Yaga: I still remember how you couldn't even lift a feather when I first started teaching you. Now look at you!

Ozma looked to Baba Yaga and hugged her tightly. Hunter and Lizzie helped you to your feet and you watched the bizarre scene.

Y/N: Okay. A lot to unpack here, but let's start with the, uh, fact that you've been KANSAS ALL ALONG?!

Ozma stopped hugging her old mentor and smiled.

Ozma: Hello, Nephew. It has been a while since we spoke, hasn't it?

Y/N: Uh, yeah! What the hex?

Ozma sighed.

Ozma: It is quite the story, but know that when the time is right, you will find out the truth. About everything.

She held out her hand, showing you the necklace and earring.

Ozma: But, perhaps, we should talking about these.

You tried to speak, but you instead began to cough, Hunter and Lizzie kept you up. Ozma closed her hand again and sighed.

Ozma: But, perhaps that should wait until you recover. You all did just fight quite the battle, after all. You've earned a day or two of relaxation.

Milton lifted his head at this. The school was fixed and everything was fine now. He took a step forward and cleared his throat.

Milton: A day should be just....

Ozma: Milton, I will end you the moment you finish that sentence, so do you're a favor and shut up.

Milton: Yes, ma'am.

Milton took a step back.

Gildes: We can take care of the injured in the infirmary wing. I do believe some time off will do everyone some good.

Ozma: I agree, old friend.

Your friend started to lead you out of the office with Baba Yaga's help, but you stopped them and looked back at your aunt.

Y/N: Aunt Ozma.

She looked to you.

Y/N: Thank you.

Ozma simply nodded. Your friends then lead you out of the room to get some medical treatment.

The battle was hard fought and dire, but in the end, you had all survived without much injury. Oswalt was gone, but he wasn't here at the very least. And, to top it all off, the Evil Queen was once again locked away in the Mirror World.

Your school was back to normal and everyone was freed. Though there would be push back regarding the Royal Families, you found yourself unable to care at the moment. You wanted to enjoy your victory a little.

The repairs to Book End were quick and easy and all the students were reunited with their friends.

As the sun set, spellebrations were had and happiness was felt all through the land once Blondie had reported on the victory.

Oswalt's minions were able to escape with him, but you were sure they would be showing up again eventually. But, no one seemed to be able to find Kitty.

Over all, it was a win. Even if Oswalt thought otherwise.

You laid on the hospital bed with Lizzie curled up to you and a movie playing in her MirrorPad. Ashlynn was in the bed next to you, being watched over by Hunter who was telling her stories about his family.

Your friends visited you in rotation, sometimes all at once. Ruby was the most prominent. You both knew that Oswalt wasn't done, but neither of you cared.

You had three of Glynda's artifacts. Oswalt had none. And his greatest ally was now gone. He had nothing.

You, meanwhile, still had what you held most dear. You had your friends.

Your family.

And quite frankly, you wouldn't have it any other way.

The End Is Just The Beginning.......

One More Chapter......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 84 4
❝ it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.❞ - E.E Cummings Disclaimer: All characters belong to Mattel's Ever After High fra...
26.9K 658 63
(Completed ) "Something is still there I know it is." Ella is back from Wonderland but she can never get a break in Storybrooke as per usual there...
1.1K 223 47
After many years of what seemed like a blink of an eye, the legendary fairytales of the fairytale world are back, more spellbinding and diverse. Have...
1.8K 64 15
Y/n Moves to a New Town leaving his... Past But it comes back again can he save himself from fate again? Tw: Self Harm Abuse Violence Strong words et...