𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 - 𝐑𝐚𝐲...

By Gracefieldescapees_

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥ 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚁𝚊𝚢 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙰 𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝙰𝚄 𝚘𝚏 �... More

Introduction
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙾𝚗𝚎⇾
Chapter One - Where It All Began
Chapter Two - The Sorting
Chapter Three - Transfiguration and Potions
Chapter Four - The First Year Seekers
Chapter Five - The First Quidditch Match
Chapter Six - An Unlikely Friendship
Chapter Seven - Letters From Home
Chapter Eight - Christmas Break
Chapter Nine - The Philosopher's Stone
Chapter Ten - Pen Pals and a Stone
Chapter Eleven - The Foggy Gem
Chapter Twelve - The Investigation
Chapter Thirteen - Dragons and Detention
Chapter Fourteen - Pies
Chapter Fifteen - Flying Keys and Wizard Chess
Chapter Sixteen - The End of The First Year
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘⇾
✵ A/n! ✵
Chapter Seventeen - Meeting New People
Chapter Eighteen - Flying Cars
Chapter Nineteen - Howlers and Mandrakes
Chapter Twenty - Weird Professor and a Crush
Chapter Twenty One - Surprises
Chapter Twenty Two - Cursed Bludgers
Chapter Twenty-Three - Duels, Spiders and... An Admirer?
Chapter Twenty-Four - Petrified
Chapter Twenty-Five - The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Six - The End of The Year
✵ A/n ✵
✧ Incorrect Quotes One ✧
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎⇾
✯ One shot specials ✯
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Books and Ice Cream
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Dementors
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Buckbeak and Fears
✧ Incorrect Quotes Two ✧
Chapter Thirty - Hogsmeade
Chapter Thirty-One - Quidditch Match Disaster
Chapter Thirty-Two - Stolen Juices
Chapter Thirty-Three - Dreams
✵ A/N ✵
Chapter Thirty-Four - Cats and Eavesdropping
Chapter Thirty-Five - The End of Year Three
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛⇾
Chapter Thirty-Six - The Muggle World
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Death Eaters Attack
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Announcements
Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Chosen Wizards
Chapter Forty-One - Flirting
Chapter Forty-Two - Dragons
Chapter Forty-Three - Rumors and Dance Practice
Chapter Forty-Four - The Yule Ball
Chapter Forty-Five - The Golden Egg's Secret
Chapter Forty-Six - Second Task and Stuff
Chapter Forty-Seven - The Final Task
Chapter Forty-Eight - The End of Year Four
✧ Incorrect Quotes Three ✧
⇽𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎⇾
Chapter Forty-Nine - The Hidden Threat
Chapter Fifty - Punishments
Chapter Fifty-One - Interviews
✵Important A/n! Please read! ✵
✵Please Read! ✵
Chapter Fifty-Two - Flashbacks
Chapter Fifty-Three - Stranger's Advice
Chapter Fifty-Four - Umbridge's Club
Chapter Fifty-Five - Notes
✧Incorrect Quotes Four✧
Important a/n
Chapter Fifty-Six - Talks
🎄 Chapter Fifty-Seven - Christmas Special 🎄
✵A/n✵
✵Another A/n✵
A hot mess
Chapter Fifty-Eight - Secret Clubs
Im sorry
Discontinuation - Please Read

Chapter Forty - Love and Interviews

347 4 16
By Gracefieldescapees_

     I look at Potter in shock and he looks at me with the same expression. I knew I was going to be chosen, but I didn't think Potter would be as well.

"Harry Potter and Y/n L/n!" Dumbledore repeats louder this time while looking around for us. People around us in the Hall start murmuring in confusion. I hesitantly stand up and it takes Potter a few moments and a push from Granger to stand up with me as well. He looks at me and I shrug and we head up to the front to Dumbledore.

"Here are your papers... could I have a word?" He whispers the last part with what I can tell is hidden anger. Potter gulps nervously and nods, I just don't respond and walk towards the back door with Potter tagging behind me nervously.

We wait quietly in the room before Potter breaks the silence.

"Do you think this has happened before?" He asks me. I just shake my head in response to him.

"No, it hasn't." I reply while kicking at the floor.

"Why do you think it has happened to us?" He continues asking me questions. How am I supposed to answer that?! "Oh my mother was just in a goofy mood! That's all!" I sigh and turn to him in slight annoyance.

"Potter, I don't have the answer to everything."

"Oh right..." As our conversation wraps up I hear bustling footsteps hurry towards us.

"Harry! Y/n! Harry! Y/n!" Dumbledore exclaims as he reaches us. He grabs our shoulders and shakes us.

"Did you two put your names in the goblet of fire?!" He yells angrily. I shake my head once while Potter mutters nervously "No sir."

"Did you ask any of the older students?!"

"No sir!"

"Are you absolutely sure?!"

"Yes sir!" As Potter answers him I just shake and nod my head along with his answers.

"But of course they are lying!" Madam Maxine yells, stepping in the room. I jump in shock and clutch my chest to calm myself.

"Do you think we purposely put our names in there?" I hiss, irritated by her assumptions.

"Yes! Anyone would jump at the opportunity to compete in competitions such as this!" I widen my eyes in disbelief and then roll them.

"The hell they're lying," Moody rolls his eyes, sarcasm lacing his voice. "The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year." I nod my head frantically at his statement and so does Potter but he does it in confusion.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Mad-Eye." Igor states accusatory.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do, Karkaroff. Or did you forget?" Moody states.

"That doesn't help, Alastor. I'll leave this to you Barty." Dumbledore nods as he lets go of Potter and I and steps back from us.

"The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr Potter and Miss L/n have no choice, they are as of tonight... tri-wizards champion."

After that roller-coaster of emotions conversation, I decided to take the long route back to the dorms. Sure I had seen this coming but... I don't think I can even get past the first challenge. Sure I have confidence in my skills, enough to be compared to a seventh year student, but... I feel... scared. I mean, I could die doing this, all for the pride of my mother. You know what? I'm just going to head to the Quidditch Pitch to blow off some steam.

Ray's Pov

She still isn't back... where could she be? Malfoy comes down from the boys dorm and looks around.

"She isn't back yet?" He asks me. I shake my head and he sighs. He starts to head towards the entrance of the dorm.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"To the Quidditch Pitch."

"Can I come?"

"...sure." I nod and quickly run up and grab an oversized hoodie out of my trunk just in case she has gotten cold, she only has her robe on as an extra layer on after all.

The walk has been... awkward. Suddenly he turns to me and asks an unexpected question.

"What do you think of her?" I choke on my spit as my face heats and I look at him in shock.

"What do you mean by that?" I mutter while looking away.

"Oh please, don't play dumb. I see the way you look at her, and the way you look at the boys who get close to her. Also, you brought one of your big hoodies, and you're not even wearing it!" I stay silent, debating whether or not to trust him, but decide to do so considering the fact that he will eventually find out.

"I may or may not have the slightest, smallest, tennily-weenily crush on her..." I mutter while bringing the hoodie up to cover my face. I hear him let out an audible gasp and a squeal.

"I knew it! So you really don't have a crush on that blonde kid!" He cheers in happiness. I look at him in slight confusion.

"What blonde kid...?"

"Oh you know, that second year with the braids and blonder hair? Yeah her." He explains in a monotone voice.

"You mean Anna? Ew, no. She's my sister, kind of, not really, but still! I don't like her that way, I like Y/n..." Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. That's my first time admitting it out loud!

"I knew it! You better watch out Leo! My ship is not sinking today!" He laughs giddily while jumping around. I watch him in slight amusement and we reach the pit.

Once we arrive a cool breeze flows past us and I see a blur of black racing around. I guess this is where Y/n has been for at least the past hour.

"Oi Y/n! Get your ass down here!" Malfoy shouts out at her. She stops and looks at us.

"No." She states in a monotone voice and goes back to flying around. Malfoy huffs and stomps his feet against the ground. He looks like he is going to throw a tantrum.

"Y/n, please! Come on! We're worried for you. Please come down!" I call out to her. She stops once more and stays there before slowly going down towards us. I smile at her and Malfoy suddenly looks like not throwing a tantrum anymore and is instead looking at me with a creepy happy look. She finally comes down and asks:

"What do you want?" She places her broom on the grass and Malfoy and I head over to her. Once we reach her I wrap my arms around her in a hug. Y/n stiffens up slightly before hugging me back. I hear Malfoy sniffle behind me and join the hug. Y/n groans as he crashes onto us and I chuckle.

"We figured you'd be out here so we came to check on you after the announcement, and also stop trying to freeze yourself to death?" I answer as I throw my hoodie onto her. She pulls it over her head and stuffs her face into the collar of it. She puts the hood over her head and pulls on the drawstrings of it. Malfoy has this creepy dreamy look on his face as Y/n leans against me, putting her weight onto me.

"Malfoy, would you stop that? You already get that look when you look at Harry, that's why he won't look at you." Y/n giggles as I say this and Malfoy kicks me in my calf, causing me to fall a bit, bringing Y/n with me. I balance myself as I rock a bit and Y/n doesn't bother to move off of me.

"Oh piss off prick!" Malfoy groans as I chuckle and let go of Y/n. She steps back at us and gives us a soft genuine smile.

"Thank you guys, for caring for me." She whispers. I look at her but she looks away and starts teasing Malfoy.

"Aww, Drakie poo was worrying for me! How kind of you~" She coos while pinching his cheeks and giggling.

"You're lucky you're my best friend." His voice comes out muffled as she continues pitching his cheeks. He glares at her and tries to escape.

"Come back here Drakie poo!" She exclaims as she chases after him. I just laugh at the duo before telling them that it's almost time for curfew. This causes them both to stop playing around and head back to our dorms.

At our dorms Malfoy heads back up to the boys dorm. Y/n goes up to her dorms. She comes back down a few minutes after in her pajamas and my hoodie. She then flops onto the couch and wraps a fluffy blanket around her. It seems to be a nightly routine for her. Change into her pajamas, light the fire, lay on the couch with a fluffy blanket, and read a book. I smile at her and go up to my dorms to change into my pajamas and I head back down to the common room. I sit down next to her and she smiles at me.

"...So why do you think Draco said that in the Great Hall this morning?" We both ask at the same time, laughing at the end. Y/n just shrugs in response to our question.

"Who knows why Draco says what he says." She answers me.

"True." I chuckle and she smiles slightly. She lays her head on my shoulder and I rest my head on hers. This is also a part of her nightly routine, laying her head on my shoulder when I join her on the couch, Not like I'm complaining though.

"Can I keep your hoodie?" She asks me quietly. My eyes widen in disbelief and I look down at her.

"Of course you can." I murmur before smiling softly. I am so glad she can't see me right now. I'm fairly certain my face is redder than Nat's hair and that I have a goofy grin on my face. I like her so much it's ridiculous... if only... I didn't have so much competition... I could have her all to myself then. But I can't really blame them for liking her, she's so amazing. Even when she's being mean, even then I enjoy it... am I a masochist...? I guess this is what love does to people, huh? Wait love?? Since when did I think it was that far... I guess that would explain how I feel for her though... She's so beautiful, kind, smart, and caring. I love her so much.

"Hey, Ray? Do you think... that I'm skilled enough to be in the competition?" She whispers meekly. I snap out of my thoughts and wrap my arm around her.

"Of course you are. You could literally beat a year seven within seconds if you wanted to. You are so talented, skilled, and smart. You're even skilled enough to win this stupid competition." I assure her.

"Haha, I think you're over exaggerating a bit there." She laughs out bitterly. I pull her closer to me and hold her tighter.

"I'm not. I'm serious. When we've been in life threatening situations, and I'm not saying that the competition will be life threatening, but, in the situations we were in you acted quickly and intelligently. You're gonna do great. Not because you're smart, but because you're Y/n, and you can do anything you put your mind to." She nuzzles into my neck.

"Thank you... amor." She mutters into my neck. I feel her warm breath fan across my neck as she speaks, causing me to blush. She wraps her arms around my chest and tries to pull me closer. I let her and wrap my arms around her as well.

"What did you call me?" I ask her as I rub small circles on her back.

"Amor, you called me amor last night, did you not? I assumed this is how you call your friends in the muggle world, correct?" She answers me. I open my mouth and close it again trying to come up with a response for this grave of embarrassment I dug for myself. I didn't think she heard that...

"Ray?" Y/n asks me trying to get my attention.

"Hm?"

"Are you ok? You spaced out."

"Yeah, just tired, that's all."

"If you say so, I'll let you tell what it is next time..." She trails off into a yawn and hides her face in my chest. At least I have gotten out of the grave for now... wait, Y/n and I have technically been cuddling for like the past year now?? Oh wow. This may seem creepy but the thought of that makes my heart beat a million times a minute.

"Are you ok? Your heart is beating really fast." Y/n mumbles.

"I'm fine... just remembered a pop quiz coming up in potions."

"But we don't have one???"

"It's a private one Snape gave me for mixing up one ingredient in a potion we had last year." She nods and suggests something.

"I can help you study tomorrow if you want." I nod in response to her.

"Yes please. That would be so helpful."

"You're welcome, amor!" She says with a smile. She goes back to resting her head on my chest and I swear I can feel my heart clench up at her. I love her calling me that, I guess I'll just tell her it's what friends call each other and hope she only calls me that. God, when she calls me that I can feel myself going into cardiac arrest.

After a few minutes I feel sleep take over and I drift off.

Time skip

Norman's Pov

Malfoy is dragging me to a private corner where no one is because he said he has some earth-quaking news to share with me.

"What is so important you had to pull me away from my food for?" I ask him as we stop in an empty classroom and he closes the door.

"Something amazing." He chuckles happily while taking a photo out of his pocket. "I took this with Ray's camera, he left it in the common room so I took advantage of that."

"And what is-is oh wow they did what-" I stare in shock at the photo he handed me. It's a photo of Ray and Y/n cuddling on the couch with Y/n wearing one of his oversized hoodies.

"Amazing right? Also, Ray told me something yesterday."

"...take more of these and I'll give you anything you want in the muggle world." I demand. "Also what did he tell you?" Malfoy smirks and answers.

"You don't need to bribe me, I would gladly take more of these photos without hesitation. Also, he told me something life changing.

"And that is?" Malfoy looks around before leaning closer and whispering to me.

"Ray has a crush on Y/n."

"...and you tell me now of all things?! You could have told me yesterday! Or heck, you could've even brought me with you!" I exclaim.

"I couldn't yesterday because it was past curfew, and I didn't bring you with me because we were searching for Y/n and it was night!" I sigh.

"Fine, you're forgiven. But I'm planning their date in Hogsmeade!"

"Whose date?" Two voices ask from the doorway. Malfoy and I turn around quickly to see Thoma and Lannion standing there.

"Oh, it's just the onion heads." Malfoy grumbles in relief.

"No one's just-" I get cut off by Malfoy.

"Norman and Emma's."

"Draco!" I shout using his first name. They look back and forth between us and then shake their heads.

"Since we're masters at lying, we can tell that you're lying. So who is it really for?"

"Ray and Y/n." I reply with a sigh.

"Why them? They-" Thoma starts.

"Wait! If Y/n and Ray start dating maybe he will start being more happy and he won't get as angry as he does at us! Plus, Y/n would be around more often, so we get to see her more!" Lannion cuts him off. Thoma hums and kicks the door.

"Let us in!" He screams. I unlock the door for them and they quickly rush in.

"Ok, since the two of us and the blondie over there are in Slytherin we can help try and get them together since we all have to see each other everyday and we sit near them at meals." Lannion explains. Malfoy hits the back of his head.

"It's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. Not blondie." He scolds him.

"Hey, only I get to hit my siblings." Ray says at the door. We all shriek and turn to face him.

"What are you doing here?" I breathe out after calming myself.

"I could ask the same of you guys. Why are you standing in a dark classroom?"

"No reason!"

Y/n's Pov

I stand with the other champions in a room with the famous reporter, Rita Skeeter, entering.

"What a charismatic quintet. Hello!" She goes around shaking all of our hands before standing in front of us.

"I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily prophet. But of course you know that, don't you? It's you we don't know, you're the news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? What mysteries do the muscles mask? Does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick. Me, myself and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing? Mmm? Shall we start with the boy who lived. Lovely." She grabs Potter by the hand and drags him away. The four of us left look at each other and wait for him to come back.

About ten minutes pass and Potter comes back. He goes back to his place standing next to me and whispers to me.

"Be warned, she is very... pushy." I nod and she looks at us.

"Hmm... let's go with the youngest next! Come on dear!" She takes my hand and takes me into a broom closet.

"This is cozy." She remarks as we sit down.

"It's a broom cupboard." I reply in confusion

"Then you should feel right at home. You don't mind if I use the quill, do you?" I shake my head no.

"So Y/n, here you sit, a mere girl of twelve.."

"I'm fourteen." I interrupt her.

"...about to compete against four students. Not only vastly more emotionally mature than yourself but have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest daydreams. Concerned?"

"I dunno. Not really. I'm pretty great."

"Course you're not just an ordinary twelve year old girl..."

"I'm fourteen." I groan out.

"Right, well, from what I have heard you refuse to be in the presence of any Beauxbatons student. Is this correct?" She asks me. I frown and shake my head.

"It isn't true."

"Oh? Then why do you refuse to go there? Surely you have a reason." I glare slightly at her.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Suit yourself, anyways, about your romantic life?" I just stare at her blankly in confusion

"What about it?"

"Well, do you have any love interests? Perhaps a boyfriend? Or a crush?" Feeling heat rise to my cheeks and I look away from her.

"No. I do not have any love interests, a boyfriend, nor do I have a crush."

"Ah I see, well that will be all. Thank you." I nod my head and leave the closet. I see Potter waiting for me to leave.

"She had more questions for me than she did for you." I tell him. He snorts.

"What'd she talk about?"

"My love life, and my supposed hatred for the Beauxbatons students and how I was a special twelve year old girl." He chuckles. "What about you?" I ask him.

"How I was twelve and my eyes glistening with the ghosts of my past." He tells me in a sarcastic sing-song voice. I chuckle and we start to head out the door. I hear a click behind us so I turn around but I see nothing.

"Something wrong Y/n?" Potter asks me. I turn around to look at him.

"You called me by my first name..."

"Just this once because you've saved my ass a number of times... don't get used to it." He tells me.

"Did you just quote what I said to you in year one on the last part?"

"Yep." I laugh and shove him forward a bit.

"Let's just go."

Chapter Forty End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

852 23 17
┆彡 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔. | 𝐘𝐔𝐔𝐆𝐎 𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐗 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐀𝐒 𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘳𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘎𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘉𝘦𝘭𝘭, [𝘕𝘢𝘮𝘦] 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘶𝘱...
4.5K 187 30
◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥ Re-write of our fanfic Hated Love ⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅ A slow burn Ray x Reader - Enemies/rivals to lov...
178K 4K 25
𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙨𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙮, 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙞𝙣 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙨? 𝙃𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙨𝙤 �...
44.4K 1.1K 88
❈ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ❈ 〖 Harry Potter x Fem!reader - Mas...