Born, Hated and Found (The Va...

By FangsandVeins

(Editing) As much as she'd love to have humanity in her she doesn't; she never did. As infuriating as it i... More

Born with Fangs
Salvatores
Damon and Mystic Falls
Tomb vampires
Free
My only exeption
The not so fearful
Don't Mess With Me
Road trip
BOYS!
Wolf much
Moon Stone
Warriors
Masquerade ball
Did I Ruin it
Dumb Kidnappers
Gone
Elijah
Night in a cabin...
How many times does this happen till It gets boring again?
Another NORMAL day
A Tale
The ferocious and the little
Dinner parties are friendly...
Kill and Die
A cure
Flutter
Date
A dance at the falls is never just a dance
Undead
A little Drama hurts everyone
Death is Long Overdue
Roadtrips can go in many directions
Revenge is sweet.....but under certain circumstances
The Truth to the Tale
Who
Not me
A Little More Than Confused
You're Gonna Here Me Roar
Wrecking Ball
Drunk with Damon
Suprise Visit
Damon, get out of my shower
The Threat of Worry Lines
To Bash a Birthday
Lost
Sacrifise
Closure
One Ends, The Other Begins
Made A Deal With The Devil
Goodbye

Last hope

4.5K 87 27
By FangsandVeins

"You don't forget the face of the person who was your last hope."  

― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

********************************** 

This chapter is dedicated to my awesome fan, @JailynLovingHeatherC 

Thanks for being such a wonderful fan and voting and commenting.

***********************************

Even though me and Riley made up, I still think he is being distant. Like he doesn't want to be with me anymore and quite frankly, he's starting to get on my nerves. His behavior has me debating if he really is worth it. Was all the sadness I've been feeling and all the time I spent with him really worth it? Maybe this is a sign, to say it's over or it's time to let go, but I don't know. I don't know if I want to let go, or even if it is the right choice. The last thing I want is another problem.

It's been two weeks since Riley came back and I have been doing more research on the moonstone. The sun and moon curse is of no use to me, considering I get effected by neither. Right now I just need to find a way to destroy the thing that's been destroying my life; The moonstone.

Just two days ago, I had to travel all the way to California to get some information on the moonstone. I found a witch and she said even with her thirty years of indulgent experience, she will not be able to release the curse from the stone. A really strong witch needs to be required and even Bonnie with her 'Bennett' power is not good enough. The witch even said that one strong witch may not be able to complete the task and even a group of strong witches wouldn't be able to do it.

For now, I just hid the moonstone. I had found a lose floorboard under my bed and I opened it and dropped the moonstone in. The moonstone is now buried in centimeters of dust in my floor. It looks like no one even touched it. I even glued the floorboard back down, to make it look just like the rest of the floor boards on my floor.

************************************ 

I walked out of the grill with my coffee in hand. I was in deep thought about what to do with the moonstone, when someone grabbed me into the alley way.

I fell onto the floor and my coffee git tossed to the side as it fell from my hands. I quickly got up and into a fighting crouch. I felt a swish of air around me. I smirked.

"This games old my friend." I said just as the person went around me again, only this time, I jumped on the person.

I growled showing my fangs at the person while sitting on them keeping them down with my hands around their neck in a deathly grip.

It was a guy, maybe in his twenties. With long brown hair and weird black eyes. Stupid vampires, no matter how old they are, they always are so foolish and careless.

He tossed me off of him and into a tree. Instead of falling to the ground on my butt, I landed gracefully on my feet. I stood my stance again and growled at him. He growled back. If this guy is old he might kill me. I knew I was taking a risk, but like I said all vampires are foolish, and I'm keen on seeing when his foolishness will fall in.

We moved in circles keeping our stance and waiting for each other to make a move. I would've make a run for it, but giving up is not my thing.

Suddenly he jumped on me, making my back go crashing into the back wall of the Mystic Grill. His deathly grip on my neck was tight.

"Why... Are...y..you here?" I managed to choke out. I lifted my hands to my neck and tried to pry his hands off my neck, but it wasn't working, so I let my hands hang lose by my sides.

"Moonstone. You know where it is?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Tell me!" He growled. Pushing me back into the wall harder. I shook my head again.

"Tell me girl! You don't want to see my ugly side!" He growled. I could tell his grip was loosening a little.

"I thought.....I was looking at it." I said. He made his grip tighter on my neck. Then when he least expected it, I made my veins and fangs pop out and made a loud menacing growl that even made my own ears hurt.

The man covered his ears and stumbled back. I took that time to stick my hand into his chest. His eyes went big and a scared look crossed his face.

"I could've let you leave, but you pissed me off!" I said and pulled his heart out. I lifted his body and heart and took it into the forest. In a small clearing I set his body on fire. I watched it burn. When I was sure his body was properly burned, I created a hole in the ground of the forest using the earth part of my elemental power, and dropped his body inside, and covered the ground back up. 

After I was done with all that, I went home to get some rest.

I opened the door to the boarding house.

"I'm home!" I yelled.

"No one cares!" Damon yelled back in a mocking tone. I looked over to Damon who was sitting in the arm chair in the living-room holding a book in one hand and a glass of bourbon in the other.

"Jerk!" I muttered.

"Brat!" He muttered back.

"Bastard."

"Loser."

"Stupid."

"Retard."

"Pineapple."

"What?" Damon asked confused.

"Haha! You lose!" I said sticking my tongue out.

"Whatever." He muttered rolling his eyes.

************************************

"C'mon Damon! Hurry up!" I yelled towards Damon who was still in his room getting ready. Aren't girls supposed to take longer to get ready? Yet here I am, fully dressed, and last time I checked I was a girl, so he clearly is taking too long.

We need to go to Georgia to meet some stupid witches and vampires in order to get the stupid address, of this other stupid powerful warlock, who could help us destroy the damn stone!

Witches are so annoying. They always have some catch. They think they are so superior, they are the queen or some kind of 'God', but really most of them are just people who know a few parlor tricks and call themselves 'witches.'

I'm just pissed I have to wake up so early to go on this journey, and I'm actually ready for once and Damon still is doing god knows what.

"Damon! What's taking you so long?!" I yelled, even though I didn't need to.

"Have you seen my black button down shirt?" He asked.

"All your shirts are black Damon, just pick one of the other ones you have!" I said, making sure the annoyance was clear in my voice.

He came down shirtless and I rolled my eyes.

"That shirt was different." He said.

"Oh what? Did it have shining lights on it?" I asked. Damon rolled his eyes and scanned the room, looking around for his shirt.

He walked into the living room and picked up a shirt from the sofa that he had placed their earlier. How could he possibly forget? I bet he did it just to annoy me. Stupid vampire.

"There's nothing different about that shirt."

"There is. Now let's go." He said after he finished putting on his leather jacket.

He sat in the drivers seat of my car and I gave him a stone hard glare that could kill. He cowered back in his seat a little bit. I just got in the passenger's, not in the mood to argue.

"I just thought that I'd be able to drive faster." He said putting the key in the ignition.

"Whatever." I said and rolled my window down a bit. I put the radio on full blast and we sang a long to the songs that came on. We rolled our windows down all the way and sang at the top of our lungs, out of tune, just to annoy people on the highway.

Somewhere in between our awful singing, I must've fallen asleep because I found myself awoken by Damon's loud scream in my ear.

He left my side of the door open just so I would get scared and fall out and that's exactly what happened.

"What the hell Damon?!" I yelled and he just kept laughing. I groaned and got off the pavement and brushed myself off.

"Where are we?" I asked and he smirked.

"We are at a café. The witchy we are looking for owns this place." He said looking towards the entrance of the café.

I just nodded and we both entered making as much noise as possible. The only reason people come to little places like this is to get some peace and quiet, and then people like me and Damon come along and ruin that for them.

We went to the counter.

"Where's the chick that owns this place?" Damon asked the cashier guy.

"She's not gonna sell the café to you." He said.

"Who says we want this boring a** place anyways?" I asked and made a disgusted face. The guy just stared at us and entered the back doors that probably led to the kitchen

About a minute later, a girl who looked twenty five came out. She probably used her witchy mojo to slow down her aging. Cheater.

"How may I help you guys today?" She asked.

"You know we are vampires, I know your a witch....." I said making gestures to her as if to say let's just get to the point.

She nodded. "I'm Ramsey."

"Ramsey? The guy who won the world cup in '66?" Damon asked.

"Yep. And it's also my name. So what brings you here?" She asked.

"We need to know how to find a way to destroy the moonstone?" I said then eyed her suspiciously. 

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, I'll keep your secret, but I need some encouragement." She said. I rolled my eyes and Damon lifted his eyebrows. The only thing Damon probably has is a credit card and some bills, since he usually just compels his way through everything and if he can't do that then that's where the credit card comes in.

I opened my hand bag and pulled out a wad of cash. It was five thousand dollars.

"You tell anyone, and I will personally come and haunt you down then torture you so much, you'll be begging for death." I threatened looking right into her eyes to let her know I was serious. She looked frightened but composed herself and nodded.

"If you go north 150 km from here, you'll find a house. There will be a gate. The only way you'd be able to get through is if you were human, and clearly your not. The warlock is powerful and protects himself a lot. I could make you bracelet's that will allow you to enter. Once you enter shake hands with him to let him know you mean no harm and you should be okay from there."

We nodded. She went back in and came back ten minutes later with two bracelets that she handed each one of us and she gave us a paper with directions. We should reach there in forty five minutes or less with Damon's driving. We went back inside the car and left to go to this warlock's house.

This guy is truly our last hope, if he can't do it, then we are stuck with this moonstone.

I tried squashing it and breaking it. I tried burning it and everything but it won't work. I guess if this warlock can't do it then we are tossing it into the Ocean. No one will find it until the ocean dries out and maybe not even then.

************************************

Like I said, we arrived just in thrity minutes with Damon's speedy driving. If he was a human, i wouldn't allow him to drive so fast, but since he isn't and he has super speedy reflexes, I really don't mind..

We stopped the car in front of the creepy gate, and got out of the car.

The gate looked very old with detailed carvings in it. It looked like some old whitish worn out wood. I never seen wood like this one. Maybe the tree type is extinct and this gate was made when that tree actually existed. The gate doors were only wooden, the rest was fenced with normal modern metal fences. The gates weren't too tall either, they were a little higher then waste high.

"Wow. Why do witchy people have to be so creepy?" I asked.

"They have a tendency to do that." He said.

Damon crinkled his nose in disgust as he eyed the goo in front of the entrance. Guess what was in it? Vervain. Well too bad for the witchy boy because Damon and Stefan have been taking vervain for awhile now to grow an immunity to it. They will only be harmed if they have a lot of it in their system. There outer skin onky burns they don't hurt by it.

Me and Damon both stepped a few steps back then ran and jumped over the fence.

Over the fence was a large forest of trees. It didn't look like any one lived miles from here.

I wondered if the witch just screwed us over, as we walked the trail. 

"Do you think the witch screwed us over." I asked.

"Very likely she did. And if she did...let's haunt her down and kill her together." He said. I laughed and shook my head.

"I gave her money, she better be right." I said.

"I've been meaning to ask you, where did you get the money from?" He asked me in suspicion.

"Stefan gave me a credit card, with a couple of thousands, I compelled some rich snobs to give me a couple of thousands, but I did repay them and then I invested the money, and with my future seeing, I always gained and now here I am with a lot of money." I said.

"Hm. Tell me next time when stocks are rising." He said.

After about five minutes of walking we finally spotted a small house.

We both looked at each other and knocked on the door loudly. No answer. We knocked again. Still nothing. We knocked again. Nothing.

Damon got frustrated, so he broke down the doors.

I stared in amusement at first, then in worry because he may not help us now.

"Damon! What if he doesn't help us now?" I hissed under my breath glaring at Damon.

He just shrugged.

The warlock came down the stairs inside the home that we could now see, due to Damon's little stunt.

The man had black curly hair, that you could barely notice due to how short it was, he hasd slightly tanned skin and he looked about thirty-five to forty years old. He looked familiar, like I had seen him somewhere, but where...? 

I think I saw him in a vision descending the stairs, but I didn't think much of it since he looked normal. If i had payed attention, I would've noticed the paper with his address on it on the little table by the narrow staircase. then we wouldn't have to go through so much trouble to get here.

He came towards the door and eyed us suspiciously.

"Sorry, for this, Damon here has a bit of a temper. Let me introduce myself. I'm Makayla." I said extending my hand towards him, then noticed that it went way beyond the doorway.

He shook my hand. 

"How are you invited in?" He asked eyeing my hand that entered the doorway.

"I had been invited in here long time ago."

"But your that new born Salvatore." Wow, so he knew too.

"That's what the world thinks." He hesitated but nodded.

"How may I help you?" He asked.

"We need to talk, may we come in?" I asked.

"Sure." He said then gestured us towards the kitchen. We sat at the dining table. He offered me tea which I accepted.

"May I have something alcoholic please?" Damon asked.

The man took out a bottle of bourbon and poured Damon a glass.

"So what brings yo.." The man was asking but got interrupted by Damon.

"We still never got your name." Damon stated bluntly sipping on his bourbon.

"Oh yes. How rude of me. My name is Lukas Danashanda. And you guys are Damon and Makayla." We both nodded.

"Thank you for so kindly inviting us in, but we came here in hopes of you helping us with a problem." I said.

"What might this problem be?" He asked.

"We have a stone with a curse, we were hoping that you may have the power to release the curse or destroy the stone." I said.

"What stone is it?" He asked.

"Can you just tell us if you have the power?" Damon asked rolling his eyes. He was ruining my playing nice game. I kicked him hard under the table.

"Ow." He muttered looking towards me.

"Some curses may be to strong to remove so I have to know what curse it is." Lukas asked.

"It is the moonstone, which possesses the sun and the moon curse." I said.

His eyes went wide.

"You guys have it?" He asked in almost a whisper.

"We are messengers." I lied.

"The curse can not be destroyed. It is a final spell done by a very powerful which, she is said to have created the first ever vampires. The deadliest vampires in history are the first ones made." He said.

"First ever vampires?" I asked.

"There were five, Klaus, Elijah, Rebecca, Finn and Kol. Elijah was the most trustable and responsible. He was strict and well respected. He didn't like when people went against his family. Rebecca got anything she wanted and was very scary, you don't want to get on her bad-side. Finn was a mother's boy. Kol was the youngest, thus mist irresponsible. He was a little unpredictable and when he wants something, he stops at nothing to get it. Out of all, Klaus is the most to be afraid of. He kills people like it's his second nature, and anyone he wants dead, is dead. There is no one that is stronger then him and there is no one that can get away with doing something wrong to him."

"Sounds like a old scary story to me." Damon said. I nodded in agreement with Damon. I hope I don't have to do more research for this.

"It's very much real." He said with fear in his eyes.

"Who told you this?" I asked.

"I've been running from Klaus for ages. The protection is so he can't get in. I double crossed him and now he wants my blood." He said. I raised my eyebrows at him. Great, now I have to do more research.

"Well then, this is just great." I said and leaned back in my chair.

"So you really can't destroy it?" I asked.

"No, but if you really want it out of your hands I will gladly take it." He said.

"No. We want it gone for a reason." Damon said standing up and growling at him. I stood beside Damon.

"I can bargain my freedom. Please. Klaus wants this, I need it for my freedom." He said.

"No." I said.

Suddenly Damon was screaming and on his knees clutching his head.

I looked at the warlock. Then slammed him against the wall with my hands around his neck.

Damon stood up and growled.

"What the hell?"

"How are you not affected?" He asked.

"Your little witchy parlor tricks don't work in me. I have an immunity to it. I'm pretty old after all." I lied. Poor warlock, the last witch who did this, almost died. I still have the urge to kill Bonnie sometimes.

"What year were you turned?" He asked.

"1320." I lied swiftly.

"You guys have the doppelgänger." He stated.

"Looks like somebody has been doing there homework." Damon said with a smirk.

"You know too much." I stated. His eyes widened in fear.

"No. Please! I won't tell." He begged.

"How can I know for sure?" I asked.

"You can't. Just kill him." Damon said.

"This is why you can't double cross Salvatore's. because you'll die. Your just lucky I'm giving you an easy death, because if I didn't, you'd be begging for it. Klaus is nothing compared to what I can do to you." I snarled at him.

"Your underestimating him." Lukas said.

"Oh yah? You really want to find out what I can do to you? I wouldn't kill you at first, I would rip you into pieces and pieces, and make you bleed and hurt and then when your about to die, I would feed you my blood and make you better again. Then repeat repeat and repeat. My mind is sadistic, you don't want to mess with me." I said leaning in closer towards him. His eyes widened more.

I smirked and put my hand through his skin and clutched his heart.

"Any last words?" I asked.

"Go to hell!" He said.

"See. You. There." I said with a smirk and pulled his heart out. Well....there goes my last hope. For a smart and powerful warlock, he wasn't very smart....or powerful.

I turned around to see Damon staring at me.

"What?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"You really do have a sadistic mind." He said.

"Thank you. I get it from you." I said with a smirk.

"Touché." He said and we walked out of there like we didn't just kill someone.

"It's getting dark." I said.

"Yah let's just crash at a hotel in georgia." Damon said.

"Yah. It's been a long day." I said and sat down in the passenger seat while Damon took the drivers seat.

************************************

We finally arrived at the stupid hotel. Damon picked the first hotel he saw which happened to be a very weird and old hotel. It looked decent, but I would probably give it a two or three stars out of five.

Damon checked us in then we went to our room which was on the fifth floor.

The room only had one bed, and it wasn't even that big.

"Dibs on the bed!" I yelled and jumped on to the bed. Damon looked to the coach and back to the bed.

"I'm not sleeping on the coach." He said.

"Well too bad, sleep on the floor then." I said with a smirk. He smirked again and took of his shirt and jumped on to the bed almost squishing me.

"You fatso!" I yelled pushing him. "Your taking up all the space!" I whined.

"Well too bad!" He said in a mocking voice and put the blankets over him. I groaned and took of my shoes and put the blankets over me too.

It was a small bed and even if I was all the way at the edge, I was still touching him somehow. I put my back towards him and he instantly put his arms around my waist. You know thise butterflies you get? Well that's what I was getting.

"Damon." I said, simply hoping he gets the message.

"Is there a problem?" He asked like he didn't know.

"Yes. Your hands are practically caging me." I said, moving my face back as much as I could to face him.

"Well it sounds like a you problem." He said with his eyes still closed and moved closer, tightening his hold around my waist.

I groaned and tried to get out, but I failed, so finally I just got tired and gave up.

Damon moved his feet to touch mine. I groaned and moved my feet away. He moved his feet again and pretended to loudly snore in my ears. Last time I checked, Damon didn't snore. He was doing this just to get to me.

I tuned him out and closed my eyes tightly hoping that sleep comes to me. Soon it did and I let my dream fill my head.

************************************

After a suprisingly good night of sleep I woke up, but felt the same arms around my waist I had last night.

I opened my eyes to see Damon's face. Our faces were so close. Like if I talked, my lips would touch his. I was literally lying on top of him and we were all tangled up in between the blankets.

Damon opened his eyes and stared into mine. I took in his beautiful blue eyes. I knew his eyes looked good, but I never knew they looked this good.

For a moment we just stared into each others eyes. I felt as if he was looking into my soul. It was like one of those really, really intense stares.

I don't know how long we stayed in that position, but finally I pulled my face back a bit and gulped.

"Maybe we should move." I said in a small voice.

"Huh?" He asked confused. Aren't vampires supposed to have excellent hearing? I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Oh yah, right. Move." He said.

We tried getting off of each other but the blankets were literally tied around us. So we simply tried to wiggle out of the blankets. It took awhile, but eventually, the blankets were not on us and we weren't lying on top of each other. I stood up and brushed myself off.

I had slept in my white shirt, with bows on it and my faded blue skinny jeans. I pulled on my shoes and turned around to see a now fully dressed Damon staring at me.

"Well this isn't awkward at all." I said and walked out. I sensed Damon following me and soon enough we we were in the lobby. The lobby had more people here now then yesterday. It was pretty crowded. The breakfast room was filled with people and that's when I realized the sudden burning in my throat.

I clenched my teeth tight together and closed my eyes. Clearly Damon noticed because he asked, "Are you alright?"

"I haven't drank anything since the day Riley came back, which is two weeks."

"What?!" Damon whispered in a harsh voice. "How could you be so careless?"

" I don't know. I've been really busy."

He growled and muttered something under his breath.

We walked outside and I saw a human boy outside a couple of meters away. His hands were bloody red and I saw another girl trying to patch up his wound.

Next thing I know I'm running towards them. I ignore the fact that if I bite him I will expose myself to all the people here.

Suddenly I found myself flung back into an alleyway.

"You need blood." Damon's voice said. I kept my eyes closed afraid that if I open them, I will lose control.

Damon would usually just let me feed off a random person, but there's to many people here to witness me taking someone away. This hotel was just too crowded. The smell of blood was lingering everywhere. I held my breath.

"Feed off me." Damon said. I opened my eyes. Damon had me pinned to the side of the hotel with both his hands on my shoulders.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Feed off me."

"I'm not doing that Damon, I could hurt you." I said.

"I'm a vampire remember. We heal fast. Anyways I had blood yesterday before we left. Something you should've done."

Damon took my head in his hands and put it towards his neck.

I looked at his neck and the thirst came back. I let my fangs extend and put them towards his neck. I closed my eyes then bit down on his neck.

I felt my fangs piercing in to his neck and my veins under my eyes appear and turn darker and darker. Damon's blood actually tasted better then I thought it would. I let the blood flow in my mouth and down my throat.

I changed positions so now I was holding Damon towards the wall. His blood was sweet but....edgy? I guess. I can't describe it. It's different drinking blood out of hunger or for healing. When blood is used for healing, no vampire usually pays attention to the taste, but right now it was for hunger, which meant, the taste was something completely different. It was good. It was more then good.

"Kayla. If you take anymore blood, I may collapse." I dragged my mouth away from his neck and made my fangs go away. I brushed the back of my hand on my mouth, wiping away any blood left. I had been drinking from Damon for literally like three minutes.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"It's alright. Let's get back to Mystic Falls because if we don't go now, Stefan will have a risk for another frown line on his already too crowded forehead." Damon said and I laughed.

************************************ 

We got back to Mystic Falls and got a big lecture from Stefan. He went on and on about how we should've actually called. I tried to tell him my battery was dead, but he just wouldn't listen.

I exited the local library with my backpack on my shoulder. Honestly, I need something good to read, these books are starting to bore me. I had a couple of books I had got in my backpack.

I instantly pulled my jacket closer to me as the wind picked up. Honestly it was just a habit I picked up from other people. I didn't actually get cold or hot. Unless it is a fire, then it burns me, but otherwise I don't really feel anything.

I continued walking towards my car in the now empty parking lot.

I fumbled with my bag as I searched for my keys. Suddenly I felt a pair of cold hands on both sides of my face, and before I could react, I heard the loud 'SNAP' and felt the infuriating pain in my neck, just before I drifted into deep unconsciousness.

************************************************************************

Authors Note:

I hope you guys enjoy the extra long chapter! It took me a long while to type this up, but I finally did! Hard work,  but it's for all my wonderful fans! Any who.... I know you guys wanted to see some major ....things going on between Damon and Kayla, so here we are. 

Don't forget to .......

VOTE

Comment

Share

And

Fan if you already haven't.

Xoxo  

Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 110 39
I'm moving to Mystic Falls and getting a fresh start after the love of my life left me in the woods. I'm never gonna move on from Edward, he's consta...
177K 5.4K 37
Trixie, Elena's cousin, is an adopted child of Carlisle Cullen and Esme Cullen but officially she's adopted by Billy Black, moves to Mystic Falls for...
60.6K 1.2K 13
Isabella Salvatore has never been able to live a normal life. She HAS tried over thirty times. Isa has been able to be reborn when ever she wanted, t...
Maddison By Evie

Fanfiction

107K 2.4K 78
Maddison has lived with her family in Mystic Falls for 16 years with her older sister, Elena Gilbert and younger brother, Jeremy Gilbert. They all we...