waiting for sadiq

By khadyjatt

STARTED 28 JULY 2022 FINISHED 17 SEPTEMBER 2022 When Nanah chooses to wait for the man she love "sadiq" never... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
THE END

20

547 83 4
By khadyjatt

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 20

"Then what else do you want dije?
For someone to give this kind of huge amount just to make sure you are safe I don't think there's any other definition of love other than that,
You have psychological problems honestly."jidderh say as she watch Nanah chopping the onions.

"I'm just angry at him,
Let me not lie i admire that dude,
I just don't want to make same mistake i made with sadiq,
Giving soo much to a relationship that in the end causes nothing but pain."khadijah say with a sigh and jidderh humm in response.

She really did feel bad for the way she's treating abubakar, as bad as she doesn't want to be mean to him she couldn't help because she believe men doesn't regard women as anything unless she give them the snobbish attitude.

"Me i still insist you stop all this,
He doesn't deserve any of this Nanah,
Sadiq did what he has to give this boy a chance, you aren't getting any younger,
Now what benefits did you get by doing all this."jidderh say and khadijah give her gravely look but didn't comment.

The two continue talking mostly jidderh complaining about her marital obstacles, as khadijah tell her little about her encountered with the kidnappers, she spend the entire day at jidderh house it's until maghrib before she head home exhausted to the brim.

"Good evening ummah."she greet and her mum just give her a glance but didn't comment.

Hajiya Halima feel fed up with khadijah attitude toward abubakar, she cannot even process the fact that regardless how much she speaks to Nanah and even tell him he was the one that paid almost all the ransom for her kidnapped her daughter will still be so cold-hearted to treat him the way she did,
This evening after she got the unexpected call from abubakar mum the need to beat khadijah is the only thing that has been ringing in her ears.

"Umm..........

"Nanah,
I gave birth to you and among all my children i believe you are the one that i shower with the most affection but there's not a single thing i will ask you to do and you will do it,
You are just soo.......
I don't know but sometimes i doubted if you are my daughter,
What did you want in life?.......hajiya halima pause with a sigh.
"Abubakar had an accident,
He's in the hospital,
His mum called me this evening and she......
Well obviously i believed they had a conversation about you with his mum and he got upset and left home then that happened,
What did you want Nanah?
Abubakar is a nice guy,.I don't know why you are just been extra calloused and venting the frustration of your previous relationship on him,
If you didn't give yourself a chance to happiness you will never find one,
I am tired and fed up with you,
All i will do now is just watch you honestly since i believe no matter what I say it's still what you feel the need to do that you will do."Hajiya Halima say and stand up from the couch with a sigh.

Nanah watch until her mum disappear to her bedroom lobby before she release a heavy tiring breathe as her mind wander back to there previous conversation this afternoon.

**********************
Abubakar POV

I never for once gotten into an accident but today after my conversation with my mum i was just so upset that i wasn't paying much attention to the road, ever since Nanah got back the conversation between my mum and I is always about marriage, I don't want to tell her the situation between Nanah and i but mother's they say they always have a way of figuring things out, and now my mum believe Nanah is an ingrate that doesn't appreciate people empathy.

"That girl doesn't deserve you baba-nah, i know girls like her they are like parasite."my mum say and i shake my head as if that will help me get rid of all the thoughts in my head.

"Baba-nah."my mum call and look up from the hospital bed.

"I have been speaking since you didn't say anything.'she say and i scratch the back of my head as the hospital room open making me to look up suprise to see ramlat.

"Good evening ummah,."she gree and i turn my gaze from her, she's the least person i ask expecting to see.

"Ramlat how have you been?"my mum ask as i just pay attention to the outside through the window.

"Baba-nah,
Ramlat is greeting you.'my mum say and i look up with a sigh.

"How are you feeling?"ramlat ask and i humm in response, my mum exit the hospital room leaving the two of us in an awkward silence.

It's the first time I'm seeing her since i called off the wedding and now i feel a little bit sorry for her especially now that things aren't going as i expected with Nanah.

"Your mum told me you are seeing someone?"ramlat ask as the door creak open and i look up suprise to see Nanah, I glance at the wall clock and it's quarter past 10pm.

She look between us and want to leave but hesitate.

"Nanah,
What are you doing here?"ramlat ask and khadijah turn.

"I......I....

"She come to see me."I see and ramlat look between the two of us confuse.

"I will just leave."Nanah say and quickly exit the hospital room.

Ramlat stare at me for a while as if trying to read something from my face before she announces she's leaving.

I release a heavy breathe of exhaustion and keep staring at the door hoping nanah will come in once again, minutes turn hours and i fall asleep.

***********************

The next morning khadijah decide to wake up earlier than usual, she cooked breakfast and leave for work very early, hajiya halima want to ask where she's going to but decide to keep quiet, khadijah sometimes act like someone with a mental problem,
So she let her be.

Sauntering inside the hospital building khadijah Stand nervously by the lobby door, she's nervous and scared at thesame time, she is scared and at thesame time worried, abubakar mum said some really hurtful words to her yesterday and she couldn't even sleep throughout the night, she release a deep calming breathe and head to the familiar hospital room, she hesitate for a while before opening the door..

"Sallamu'alaikum."she say, it's almost like a whisper and she walk inside the room.

Abubakar who's sitting on the bed just stare curiously at Nanah, she's the most complicated and confuse girl he ever meet, She's like an unsolved puzzle to him, he glance at the foodbag in her hand then to her face.

"Good morning ummah."she greet and even do his mum answer he can see the upset look she's giving khadijah.

"Good morning Abu."she greet and abubakar nod at her.

"I am heading to work that's why i just say to stop by and check on you."Nanah say and abubakar nod.

She gently place the foodbag on the floor and abubakar just look at her for a while before glancing at his mum who is pressing her phone without a care.

"Sai anjima."Nanah say and abubakar is the only one that responded, she quickly turn to leave, opening the door and even trip on her steps and slightly hit her head by the door before exiting making abubakar to release a tiring breathe.

*******************
6 weeks later Abubakar is still in the hospital do to complications from his accident, khadijah never stop visiting but that become less of his problem especially with his health issues, the internal injury he sustained isn't healing as expected and his broken left leg have started detoriating and there's high possibility that they will soon diagnosed him with peripheral vascular disease especially with the intense pain he's going through every single day.

"Baba-nah won't you eat?"his mum ask and he just glance at the food in a very annoying way making his mum to sigh.

She's also worried, her son isn't one to get upset or have to question the negative thing going on in his life but this is huge, she knows very well he's trying to be strong but obviously sometimes he just snapped out of it.

"Ab......the door open and the doctor walk in gaining both there attention.

"Dr how are you feeling?"the Dr ask and abubakar just nod desperately waiting to hear what his fate lays.

"So......the Dr pause and look at abubakar for a while,
As expected there's a low blood to your limbs,
Dr Abu you know you are diabetic and well you know how this work sometimes,
I don't want to be the one to say this to you but you know very well you will need a leg amputation."the Dr say and Abu just stare blankly at him.

It has always been in the back of his mind, that's why he always try to avoid anything that will lead to him been in this type of situation, he feel all his worrisome doubling and the frustration inside of him tripple.

"Baba-nah."his mum call snapping him out of his thought and he look up.

"I say we should maybe do as your dad said, we should go to the orthopedic hospital in Dubai."abubakar just stare at his mum, he doesn't want to speak because he knows whatever it is that will come out of his mouth will be offensive, he's soo angry at himself and Nanah because he believe since she walk into his life things aren't desame again, maybe his mum was right after all.

"Sallamu'alaikum
"The familiar voice say Making him to look up.

"Nanah how are you ?"his mum ask and she nod, if it was before he will be happy that this is going the way he want it but now, he rather find it hypocritical and annoying.

"Abu h........

"Please leave."he say and khadijah give him a confuse look, she thought things where going well because she can remember vividly they even spoke on phone yesterday Evening him asking her why she didn't come to check on him.

"Baba-.......his mum try saying

"Leave,
What are you trying to prove?
You think I'm some item that you can walk in and out of my life any moment you like,
Meeting you i believe was and will always be the greatest mistake,
get out and don't ever come back."he say curtly as Nanah just stare at him,
She feel like crying but she doesn't want to because she know abubakar is in pain, he's been complaining about it for few days and maybe he's throwing the frustration on her.

"Ab.......

"Leave,
Mummy ask her to leave or i will call the nurses.'he say pressing the green button by his bed and his mum sigh.

"Nanah let's go,"his mum say as she stand up, she collect the foodbag from Nanah and drop it on the table by the bed but abubakar grab it and throw it to the door.

"I don't want to see you and your stupid food,
Stay away from my life.," He yell upset as the door close and he hit the pillow hard with his hand and breakdown.

What did he do to deserve any of this?
He treated everyone with respect and try to live a healthy life, it's obvious the most people that get hurt are the ones that are always trying to be nice and live life in a certain positive way, that morning Abubakar loss it, he snapped out of it, even his mum was scared seeing him that way, he's like a different person, they have to inject him some sedatives to put him to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 8.1K 12
Copyright© 2019 All rights reserved. COMPLETED!💯 They say, "Beautiful Women don't know the right people to trust, because they never know if someone...
4.2K 434 45
In the bustling city of London, Aisha and Muhammad's love story begins at a restaurant opening, sparking a whirlwind romance that is as intense as it...
232K 24.1K 43
"ALHAMDULILLAH. IT'S OFFICIAL. JASRAH IS NOW HASSAN'S WIFE". She felt her heart threatening to breakthrough it's ribcage. Cheers were all over the...
2.8K 624 23
There's a popular saying which says that destiny can only be delayed but can never be denied from being fulfilled.Good things often take time. Incase...