In the Middle of the Night (H...

By Hunters_Bitxh

~These burning flames, these crashing waves, wash over my like a hurricane, I captivate, you're hypnotized~ Y... More

- Playlist! -
1. Hug me!
2. Are You Bored Yet?
3. Hidden In the Sand
4. Cotton Candy Skies
5. Teenagers
6. Last Friday Night
7. Mad Hatter
8. We Fell in Love in October
9. High School Sweethearts
10. Fly Me to the Moon
11. Hayloft II
12. Light Switch
13. Homage
14. Despair
15. Solider, Poet, King
16. The Record Player Song
18. Sweet Hibiscus Tea
19. Not allowed
20. Pumped up Kicks
21. Backstabber
22. Sports
23. Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
24. My Ordinary Life
25. My Strange Addiction
26. Masquerade
27. Two Birds
28. Mr. Loveman
29. Butterfly's Repose
(Extra) Blow My Brains Out
(Extra 2) Training Wheels
30. Ship in a Bottle
(Extra 3) Careless Whisper

17. Pity Party

1.4K 41 59
By Hunters_Bitxh

Previously,

-Pity Party-

~It's my party and I can cry if I want to!~

I got up and ran downstairs. "Hey-" I looked around the living room. Mom rushed past me. "Can you please be quiet? You scaring the echo mouse. And if he's not happy, I'll never make my way into Amity's heart. I mean make a portal back home." Luz became beet red. "Uh, we have to go." She ran past me. Looked like my birthday wasn't getting celebrated again.

I went back to my room and got on my scroll. I don't remember ever celebrating my birthday. Every year Mom always has something to prioritize instead of me. I mean she was the most wanted criminal for a while so I understand why. But even now I guess it doesn't matter. I got off my scroll after I heard an explosion.

King ran into my room, crying. "Are you okay?" I asked him. "Hooty tried finding out what demon I was and he threw a stupid party just to tell me he didn't know," King explained. "He threw you a party?" I asked King. He nodded. "Well, Hooty had the right intentions," I told him. "I just want to know who I am!" He shouted. "You're King, isn't that enough for now?" I wiped his tears. "Yeah, I guess it is." He smiled. I smiled back at him. "Now I got to go!" King ran away.

I heard Hooty wailing in the background. What the fuck is going on today? Luz went into my room. "Hey, do we have a basement?" Luz asked. "Uh yeah?" I told her. "... Gotta go!" She yelled. I whined as I looked through my scroll. I wanted to call Hunter but I assumed he was busy. I was about to leave my room but I go engulfed by darkness.

~~~~~~

I woke up on the roof. "What is going on?" I asked. "Happy Birthday!" Hooty cheered. There were broken balloons everywhere and a ruined cake. "Thanks, Hooty. This wasn't necessary." I told him. "Of course it was. Eda's sleeping-" He was about to list people. "Wait mom's sleeping?" I asked him. He nodded. "I bet she forgot my birthday..." I look at some unpopped balloons and I kicked them. "I can't believe Mom thinks everything else is more important than me. She barely even talks to me like we used to before. Am I becoming that much of a burden?" I felt tears soak my cheeks.

"No!" Hooty shouted. "No, think about it. She would have had it so much better if I wasn't here! She would have used less of her magic, she wouldn't be stressed, she would have more time to herself..." I noticed the cake looked like King. I laughed as I looked at it. "Is this last minute?" I asked Hooty. "I could tell, this was King's party. Did you forget too?" I scoffed. "Thanks, Hooty, I'm going to bed."

"Wait!" He threw up and I gagged. The pellet opened up to reveal a roughed-up Hunter. "What the... Hunter?" I blushed as I fixed my hair and wiped away my tears. "Y/n?" He got up and looked around as he took off his mask. "Hooty you can't kidnap people!" I told him. "Oh... I'm sorry..." He apologized. "It's fine..." I look back at Hunter and he was holding his staff. "Oh, I was on my shift before I got here but this works too." He told me.

"I'm sorry you can leave. Nothing important's today anyway." I smiled at him. "No! Don't say that!" Hooty shouted. "I just did." I stepped on a balloon and it popped. "Y/n, I got something to tell you." He was about to pull something out of his pocket. "Just leave me alone you two... Please." I requested. Hooty cried and the roof started to shake Hunter ran to me and held me tightly.

The shaking got more violent and Hunter fell to the floor. I backed up and it shook again, I got off balanced and I fell. I prepared to fall but someone caught me. "Mom?" I smiled. She looked like a harpy. King was on Mom's shoulder. "Don't worry. I think it's a good thing." She told me. "But where's Luz?" She asked. I scanned the place. Luz and Amity got out of the basement and part of the tower broke off. "Luz move!" I yelled. King screamed and it managed to break the stone. "Woah... Was that you King?" I mumbled. "Yeah... I think I got a power!" King shouted. Mom flew to the girls and I got off.

"Are you two okay?" Mom asked. "Whoa! Not as okay as you. Dang girl. I have a few questions for later." Luz told her. Hooty came out sobbing again. I ignored everyone until Hooty said, "But I still failed Luz and Y/n!"  Everyone looked at me. "What was Hooty trying to do?" Mom asked. "Does it matter?" I crossed my arms. "Uh yeah!" King shouted. "Hooty! You did a good job! I'm proud of you!" I yelled. They still looked confused.

"Not that matters but it's my birthday." I shared. "That's today?" Mom asked. "Yes! It's been the same day every year!" I shouted. "You know what? I'm just going to go." I run into the woods. "Y/n!" Mom shouted.

~~~~~~

I sat on the hill with thousands of flowers. "Man you're fucking crazy..." I heard from behind me. I turn around to see Hunter with a box. "Wow, that's nice of you." I buried my head in my knees. "Y/n, I was busy today and I'm sorry. I tried finding time for you but the brat Kiki needed me to do stuff. Happy Birthday." He told me. I look up at him and he handed me a box. I put it down and hugged him. "You remembered!" I squealed. "Yeah. I was about to say it but you pushed me away." He explained. "I'm sorry," I admitted.

"It's okay." He pulled me off him. "Hey, can I ask you a question?" Hunter asked me. "What?" I fidgeted with my necklace. He got really flustered. "Um... I was wondering if... You know you're sweet and like really pretty and..." He stuttered. I felt my face get hot. "Do you want to go with me?" I smiled. "Aww, I wanted to do it." He whined. "Oh, you can do it." I laughed. "Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?" He held my hand. "Of course." I smiled wider. "Well... Open your present." He picked it up to give it to me again. I grabbed and opened it. It was a beautiful diamond ring. I felt my eyes water and Hunter started to freak out.

"Oh is it bad? I'm sorry." He frowned. "No. It's so pretty!" I smiled and I put it on my middle finger. "Oh wait!" He grabbed his staff and teleport away. He came back with a bouquet of orchids. "Woah!" I gasped. "These are so pretty!" I smiled. "Not as pretty as my new girlfriend." He smirked and walked away. "Wait where are you going?" I caught up to him. "Taking you home. Your mom's gonna freak out." Hunter had his staff in one hand and my hand in the other.

~~~~~~

"See you later princess." He kissed my cheek and disappeared. I opened the door and it was dark. "I guess everyone went to sleep..." I went to my room and I noticed things on my bed. My palisman chirped. "Thanks, buddy." I go to my bed to see a jacket and a note. I opened the note to read.

I'm sorry I didn't know it was your birthday. I didn't know when you were coming back so Happy Birthday!

I look at the jacket and I noticed it was Mom's Grudgby jacket. Next to that was a realistic drawing of me and a copy of Ruler's Reach. I smile and I put my book and drawing on my desk and put my jacket in my closet to wear tomorrow. I used abomination goo to make a vase and I put my flowers inside. I looked at my ring and smiled wider. I heard a knock at the door and I open the door. Luz looked around and then faced me. "Hunter isn't here," I told her. "Wow, did he not come today?" She asked. "He did, you just missed him." I shared.

"Anyways guess who got a girlfriend!" She cheered. I gasped. "You're dating Amity?" I asked. I high-five her and smiled. "Well while Hunter was here, he asked me out too," I revealed. "You're dating the Golden Gaurd? What?! You know what? Congratulations." She smiled at me. "Thank you. And thank you for the drawing." I told her.

"Also, here. Eda wanted me to give it to you." Luz handed me a small sun print blanket suited for a child. "Why?" I asked her. She shrugged. "Before I go, happy birthday." She was heading out to leave.

"I can't sleep." Hunter spawned into my room. Luz did a sharp turn. "Oh, Golden Gaurd..." She crossed her arms. "I swear if you dare to hurt my sister I have a bunch of people that are happy to hunt you down." Luz threatened. Hunter dramatically gasped. "I would never hurt her." He pulled me into a hug. "... Sure whatever. Night Y/n!" Luz closed my door. "Well... That was something..." I mumbled.

I sat on my bed and Hunter did the same. I looked at the blanket for any details. There wasn't anything surprising about it except the foreign language on the tag. "Whatcha looking at?" Hunter asked. "This blanket Mom gave me. I guess it was mine." I shared. "Well, it's like three o'clock so how about we look at that tomorrow?" Hunter suggested. "Sure..." I put it on my nightstand and Hunter turned on She-ra. I laid my head on his shoulder and my eyes quickly gave up on me.

~

I look around and I was nowhere near home. It looked like space. "You promised we play sooner!" Someone's voice echoed. "There's been an issue but we're getting it fixed." The voice of the Emperor spoke. "Good. You pinky swore." The voice huffed. I followed the voice and there was a ball on it was a shadow. I hid behind a pillar. "Who's there?!" It shouted. "Um..." I moved away from the pillar. "Y/n! Come on help me out!" It pleaded. "Do I know you?" I asked. "Y/n... You don't remember me? I'm-"

~

I woke up and I looked around. I was back in my room and Hunter was sound asleep. I remember that dream so vividly, I almost thought it wasn't.  I got up and I grabbed some pajamas. I went to my bathroom and looked into the mirror. My scar grew in size, but not by a lot. I shook it off and I took off my jewelry to get into the shower. I changed into my cat onesie and brushed my teeth. I left the bathroom trying to dry my hair. Hunter was in the bed trying to find out what episode we were on before we went to sleep. I took a deep breath and glanced at the blanket. That dream was only a dream... Right?

[Word Count: 1896]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 690 55
Hello, this is my first fanfic so it probably won't be as good but I hope you like it! Ships included: Lumity Huntlow Raeda Aladarius ...and maybe m...
52.8K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
51.8K 927 38
You were regarded as a weird child in kindergarten. Weren't all the kids strange though? Despite the number of weird kids in your general class and g...
17.1K 420 11
(COMPLETED AS OF 10/02/22) One of the youngest in the Emperors Coven, y/n strives to do good for her cause and prove herself to the Emperor. Can she...