When Shadows Intertwine with...

By buddy025

It seemed to be another ordinary day at U.A. But then Mr. Aizawa gave an announcement to the class saying tha... More

Ch 1: The New Girl
Ch 2: A Girl & Her Shadow
Ch 3: Lunch Date
Ch 4: A Strange Feeling
Ch 5: Starting Over
Ch 6: Costume Design
Ch 7: Getting Advice
Ch 8: Beauty in the Shadows
Ch 9: Surprise Me
Ch 10: Another Bumpy Encounter
Ch 11: Pairings
Ch 12: Training
Ch 13: The Next Match Has Been Made
Ch 14: Suppressing a Dark Power
Ch 15: Don't Provoke Me
Ch 16: Help This Bird Fly
Ch 17: A Little Shove
Ch 18: Requests
Ch 19: Distances & Apologies
Ch 20: Lost In The Song
Ch 21: A Rager?!
Ch 22: Meeting The Group
Ch 23: The Mall
Ch 24: Shopping
Ch 25: Old Friends, Old Enemies
😋Authors Note😋
Ch 26: Stand Your Ground
Ch 27: Party Time
Ch 28: Drunken Mistakes
Ch 29: Awkward
Ch 30: It's a Long Story
One-Shot: Happy Birthday
Ch 31: A Moment Of Weakness
❤️Authors Note🖤
💜Authors Note, again🖤
Ch 32: To Be? Or Not To Be?
One-Shot: Monthly
Ch 33: Are They Together Now?
💗Authors Note💚
One-Shot: ☁️Nightmares☁️
Ch 34: Take Things Slow
Ch 35: Swift Shadows
One-Shot: ☁️Comfort☁️
Ch 36: An Accident
Ch 37: Stalking
Ch 38: My Darling
One-Shot: 🍋A Good Workout🍋
Ch 39: A Terrible Reminder
❤️Authors Note🧡
Ch 41: Almost Caught
Ch 42: A Big Question & A Big Answer
Help our gofund.me!

Ch 40: First Date

74 1 7
By buddy025

Aika: "Hmm? I think...this looks okay. Or, maybe it's too much?"

N: She sighed and facetimed Lea for her opinion.

Lea: "Hey there shadow queen! Oh my god! Look at you, what's the occasion? Because that is a cute outfit."

Aika: "Tokoyami's taking me on a date."

Lea: "Ah?"

...

Lea: "Hang on, lemme call you back."

N: She hung up before Aika could ask why and Aika looked at her outfit and groaned then started brushing her hair. Till she got numerous facetimes from her friends.

Aika: "Uhh, yeah?"

"YOUR'RE GOING ON A DATE??!"

Aika: "Lea you told all of them?!"

Lea: "I had to. This is getting too exciting!"

Fuji: "Hell yeah it's getting exciting. So when did this happen?"

Aika: "Just a little while ago."

Yuri: "Aika that's great! We're so happy for you!"

Akari: "I was expecting you to give it some thought, but I guess not."

Aika: "It was in the moment. And even if I did I probably would've said yes anyways."

Ruki: "Seriously?"

Aika: "Well...I mean maybe. But that's not the point. Guy's I just need someone to tell me if the outfit is okay or if it's too much."

Lea: "Are you kidding it's perfect!"

Yuri: "You look good in anything Aika. But that is the cutest outfit I've seen you in."

Akari: "I have to agree. It's just fine."

Ankoku: "I think you look nice Aika, you really don't need to worry about your appearance when you're naturally pretty."

Aika: "Thank you Ankoku."

Fuji: "Yeah he has a point, but where's he taking you?"

Aika: "I don't know yet."

Lea: "Ooo~ a surprise date. I love it!"

Aika: "Calm down."

Ruki: "Well what about your hair? I mean you can't just leave it down, you gotta style it."

Yuri: "Oh! You should put it in a braid!"

Lea: "A braid Yuri? No she should curl it."

Ankoku: "Why not put it in a simple ponytail?"

...

Fuji: "Dude you can be so dull sometimes. No she's gotta give him a look that says, 'Wow!'"

Aika: "Alright, alright. I'll just do something cute but simple."

N: Tokoyami was on his way to Aika's room he felt nervous and anxious but Dark Shadow kept reassuring him.

Dark Shadow: "Okay now remember, be as charming as you can be! Anything you have to do to shove it in that jerk Hiroto's face!"

Tokoyami: "Calm yourself Dark Shadow. It's not as if he'll be joining us. I just want tonight to go well for Amari."

Dark Shadow: "Hey with us she'll be having the time of her life, she'll forget all about him."

Tokoyami: "Uh Huh. You do realize this is a date meant for me and her right? I expect you to be on your best behavior and to give us some privacy."

Dark Shadow: "What?! You mean I-"

Tokoyami: "No."

Dark Shadow: "I can't even-"

Tokoyami: "No."

Dark Shadow: "What if I just-"

Tokoyami: "No. And any other question you ask, my answer will be no."

Dark Shadow: "Hmph! No fair! You can't just keep her to yourself you know. You have to share!"

Tokoyami: "I'm aware. But she's a person not an apple slice."

N: A pair of hands pulled him backwards and he turned around and saw Mina, Jirou, and Yaoyorozu.

Tokoyami: "What's the meaning of this?"

Mina: "Quite we're asking the questions here! Are you taking Amari on a date tonight?"

Tokoyami: "Wha-how did you-?"

Jirou: "Ashido told us she saw you guy's talking in the common room and you two left together. And right now you look like you're going out."

Tokoyami: "Yes, it's true. And your point is?"

Yaoyorozu: "Oh Tokoyami that's great! I hope you two have a great time!" She said holding his hands.

Tokoyami: "Oh, well thank you Yaoyorozu."

Yaoyorozu: "If you want I can lend you my parents limo for the evening?"

Tokoyami: "That, won't be necessary. But thank you."

Yaoyorozu: "Okay then. Oh here give her these."

N: She used her quirk to make a bouquet of flowers. And put them in his hands.

Yaoyorozu: "It's good to give a girl flowers on the date. Okay well we've heard enough, we're gonna go."

Mina: "Later~."

Jirou: "Have fun."

N: Tokoyami just shook his head and left to get Aika. He knocked on her door, she smiled then went to answer it.

Aika: "Hey Toko."

N: Tokoyami's jaw dropped and he was instantly blushing.

Aika: "Sooo, what'd ya think?" She asked placing her hand on her waist.

Tokoyami: ... "U-Uhh..."

(Aika's hairstyle & outfit)

Tokoyami: ... "You...You're.."

Dark Shadow: "He thinks you look pretty."

Tokoyami: "AH! Quiet Dark Shadow!"

Aika: "Heheh. Really?" She asked with a cute smile and head tilt.

N: Tokoyami felt his heart racing, he gulped and blushed heavily. He cleared his throat and looked down at his feet as he was feeling a little shy.

Tokoyami: "Well, of course I think you look pretty. But what I was going to say was...you're breathtakingly beautiful." He said looking her in the eyes.

N: Aika started blushing and now, her heart was racing. She smiled and pushed some of her hair back.

Aika: "Uh heh. No one's ever called me that before. You...really think I'm beautiful?"

N: He held the flowers out for her and she looked at them surprised and blushing. Till she looked at Tokoyami.

Tokoyami: "My dear, you are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known. And even that is an understatement."

N: In that moment Aika felt like she was on cloud nine. Her heart skipped a beat and her face, even her ears turned red. She then recognized his words, he quoted something from her book. He quoted words said by Scott Fitzgerald. She held the bouquet close to her chest and smiled.

Aika: "Thank you. Tokoyami."

(The bouquet, just because)

Tokoyami: "Shall we go then?"

Aika: "Yeah. Just lemme put these somewhere safe."

N: She ran her hand over her shadow and it stretched up and took the flowers into the floor. When her shadow reverted back to its original form Tokoyami looked at her confused.

Aika: "Shadow zone."

Tokoyami: "Oh. Right then, let's get going."

N: He started walking and Aika came up next to him and put her hand around his arm. Tokoyami turned red and glanced at her and her hand and didn't say anything. They left the dorm building and headed towards a bus stop, they waited and once the bus arrived they boarded it. They noticed Aika was attracting the eyes of the men on board, she just rolled her eyes at them and scoffed. But when a man sitting next to them tried to touch Aika's arm Tokoyami slapped his hand away.

"Hey kid, what's your problem?" He growled.

N: Tokoyami pulled Aika closer to him by her waist and switched spots with her. He didn't give the man an answer so he just glared down at him more intensively than he normally does. The man just got quiet and crossed his arms as he looked out the window. Tokoyami looked at the other men and they all minded their business for the rest of the ride. Aika just felt embarrassed and squeezed her hand.

Aika: 'I knew this outfit was too much. I should've just picked out a pair of jeans and worn a hoodie.' She thought to herself as her confidence started disappearing.

"Why do you have all these slutty clothes? You're not wearing that in public, I don't want other guy's trying to touch what's mine. Are you trying to get guy's attention?! Get your ass back in that room and change! And if I catch you being a little crybaby again you're gonna piss me off even more Aika!"

N: Aika squeezed her hand and felt like crying but bit her tongue to keep from crying.

Aika: 'Does he think the same way as Hiroto right now? He probably is. He must think I'm trashy.'

"Amari?"

Aika: "Huh?"

Tokoyami: "Are you alright? Don't worry they won't bother you again."

Aika: "I take it you scared them?" She asked with a little smile.

Tokoyami: "In a way."

Aika: "Heh. Thanks."

N: Tokoyami looked at her hands and put his hand over them.

Tokoyami: "Hey, I don't want you thinking about anything bad from your past tonight. Leave it in the dark, and shine a brighter light."

N: She nodded and hesitated for a moment, then put her head on his shoulder. Tokoyami blushed and laid his head on hers. Aika smiled and closed her eyes just taking in this nice time they have. The ride didn't take long for them to reach the city, they went to this cafe that had live entertainment. People from the other tables were even invited to come on stage to sing or even read poetry that they had written themselves. They both took a table in the corner and ordered their drinks, Aika just ordered some tea while Tokoyami ordered a dark coffee.

Aika: "I've never heard of this place, how long has this place been opened?" She asked the waitress.

"Oh we just opened this place three weeks ago. And as you can see, we've gotten a lot of attention lately."

Aika: "Wow. Only three weeks in and you already have this place packed."

"I know, but we mainly get a lot of poet's in here day and night so it's kind of nice hearing such heartfelt artwork."

Aika: "I know what you mean." She nodded in agreement.

N: Aika watched the girl and guy on stage playing the guitar and singing. She smiled and thought they looked cute together. Happy even. Then their drinks arrived she brought the cup to her lips and blew on it. Before she could drink it she caught Tokoyami staring at her.

Aika: "What?"

Tokoyami: "Huh?"

Aika: "You were staring."

Tokoyami: "Oh, my apologies. Just..lost in my own thoughts."

N: She chuckled under her breath and took a sip of her tea.

Tokoyami: 'She has the beauty of a red rose amongst dozens of different flowers, in the night under a full moon. She is the brightest and most eye catching.'

Aika: "How'd you find this place?"

Tokoyami: "I saw online about the grand opening then I stopped by on the third night they opened. And I thought you would like it here."

Aika: "Well I do. Thank you for the invitation. Maybe we should invite some of the others to join us next time."

Tokoyami: "Hm, perhaps."

N: They talked for what seemed like days, when one finished their story another had to be told. To each other's surprise they had quite a bit in common, they shared an interest in poetry, favored each other's authors and writers, and each other's taste in music. Aika finally felt like she had made a new bond with a guy after such a long time. That just made her so happy inside. She didn't have the opportunity to speak much in her last relationship about her interests so she was shy at first. And now it's a bit of a new and fun experience.

Tokoyami: "Would you like me to get you some more tea?"

Aika: "No that's okay. I think I'll just get a vanilla bean caramel frappe."

Tokoyami: "Let me get it. I'm going to get another coffee anyways."

Aika: "Okay, sounds good."

N: He left to talk to the barista behind the counter and gave him their order. But it was going to take a little while since the cafe was packed. Tokoyami waited by the counter and looked over at Aika who was so captured by the poet's on stage. He knew he couldn't hide his smile all night.

"Excuse me, are you waiting in line?" Asked a man behind him.

N: He turned to face him and saw a guy about his age in what looks like an expensive leather jacket.

Tokoyami: "I just placed my order, you can go ahead."

"Thanks. Hi, lemme get a vanilla bean caramel frappe. Thanks."

N: Tokoyami looked at him as that was what he just ordered for Aika.

"You from around here?"

Tokoyami: "Yes, but right now I don't live in the city."

"Oh yeah? Well how often do you come here?"

Tokoyami: "I've only been coming here recently."

"Well I've been coming here since the day it opened. It's not my favorite cafe but it's got pretty good coffee here. I was hoping they make a vanilla bean caramel frappe here since It's my favorite. Well it wasn't always my favorite, my girl actually got me into it a while back."

Tokoyami: "Your girl?"

"Yeah. But I haven't had time to be with her since my dad's grooming me to be his exact image. Oh but I do miss her. What about you? You got someone special?"

Tokoyami: "... Currently I'm not sure. My feelings have not been returned by her just yet."

"Wow, that must be tough. Well girls are like that man. But from my experience you just gotta flatter 'em and be as charming as you can be. And if that doesn't work then you just show them how much you got to see if they'll stick around then."

Tokoyami: "Show them what exactly?"

"What else man your money. A girl will stick around if you flaunt your cash."

Tokoyami: "I truly doubt that will ever help with the girl I've met."

"Alright, but you never know. A lot of girls have a weakness for hot guy's and their money. Think about that."

Tokoyami: "Right." He nodded then shook his head.

"Oh yeah, sorry where are my manners. I didn't introduce myself."

Tokoyami: "Oh, I'm sorry neither did I. Tokoyami Fumikage." He said holding his hand out.

N: The guy closed his eyes and smiled and shook his hand.

"The names Masaki. Masaki Hiroto."

N: Tokoyami's whole body stiffened and he got an insane chill down his back. He looked back at Aika out of the corner of his eye and saw her smiling and applauding the performers along with the other customers.

(So sry for the wait everyone, just got a little behind in school work and I had to take some time off from writing on here. I'll try to update sooner since I'm caught up now. So I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and thank you everyone so much for getting my fanfiction to 9.33k reads! Tht is just amazing to see! See ya in the shadows;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 1K 20
Now with school going on and a new family with them Tokoyami and Izuku sure have a new world laid before them. However is it really soo new when they...
3.7K 153 10
Prejudical eyes followed Toshiro around as a child, before he went into the academy. He believed that no one outside granny and Momo thought of him a...
243 69 25
Rachel Takao goes to U.A. High School and joins Class 1-A, which later became one of the most famous. Ostensibly, this is an ordinary teenager who, l...
53 2 8
Quote: "Ok, do you know sign language? If so you can use that." Present Mic one of the most famous heroes had asked the girl. The girl he found by he...