Double Sided (Toh AU) (Lumity)

By boredoutofmymind1311

What if Luz had a whole different personality when she was in the human realm, the place that hurt her most? ... More

Chapter 1: Going Back Home
Chapter 2: Human Realm
Chapter 3: Portal
Chapter 4: Home
Chapter 5: Talk
Chapter 6: Incident
Chapter 7: Gone
Chapter 9: Fight, Flirt, Fix
Chapter 10: Life's A Bitch
Chapter 11: Unexpected Changes
Chapter 12: The Clawthorne's Life
Chapter 13: The Horrors of Luz's Life
Chapter 14: Bad Thoughts

Chapter 8: Meeting Up

768 18 9
By boredoutofmymind1311

Amity pov

*****************

6:00 PM

Camila cooked some food for everyone I felt bed for having her cook because of what happened with Luz but she said it was a good distraction. We all ate then me, Camila, and Willow all sat down on the couch. Camila turned on a 'TV', is what she called it, the thing that played was boring to me. We sat there for about 30 minutes until Camila said "It's been a while, can we message her or something?". "Yea go ahead, I'm worried she's never been out this long without telling us." Willow said. "Amity," "Yea?" I asked "I think it's best if you text her. She tends to listen to you so can you do it?" Camila wished. "Yeah I can do it." "Here, here's my phone it's already on her contact". I texted Luz and it said "Hey, this is Amity, Luz are you ok it's been a while since you left. Do you know when you're coming back?" about 2 minutes passed since I sent it and Willow asked "Did she respond?" "No, not yet".

We waited about 25 minutes until I texted her again worried "Luz are you ok?! I'm worried, are you coming home yet? Please respond". Approximately 15 seconds later I saw a text from her "Guys! She responded!!" I squealed. Everyone jumped hearing me yell "Really! What did she say!?" Camila asked. I read the text and it said 'Hey Amity, I'm ok. Umm I'm not coming home.' "What!?" I shouted. "Is it bad?" Willow asked sadly I didn't respond to her I just texted Luz back and said "What?! You said you would be home soon". 'I'm not coming home today, probably not for a couple days. I'm sorry' she explained "But you said you would be home soon! A couple days is not soon!" I typed getting angry. 'A couple days is soon for me. I'm sorry I just can't come home.' Luz said. "Why!?! Please just come home, we're all worried about you" I responded but then I got a call from her taking a couple seconds to decide if I wanted to answer, I picked up the phone.

"Hey Amity" as soon as I heard her voice I got angry "Luz! You can't just leave!" I yelled. The others looked at me confused and sad. "I can 'just leave' I'm 17, I'm almost an adult. Please just don't be upset with me, I can't come home" Luz said calmly. 'How can she be so calm right now!? She knows I'm angry with her!'. "WHY! Why can't you come home Luz!? It's as simple as walking back the way you came!" I said furiously. "I can't come home because... look I just can't." she reassured. I wasn't going to give up though "Luz come home now! You need to come home, you won't be able to be out there for long!" I shrieked. I could tell that Luz was getting mad now too "Yes I will!! I've been out here for months at a time, I think a couple days will be fine!". When I heard that I went from pissed to grim 'She's been out for MONTHS before? Months, how?'. "What?" I asked concerned "Yea I've been out here for a while before..." she said sadly. "Why?" I questioned "Because when stuff happened between mom and... I would run away for a while." Luz said. I could hear her crying "Oh... Luz I'm so sorry. Ok, where are you can I come see you?" I asked. "Fine but there's one slight problem... I don't know where I am" she said. I sighed 'Of course. I mean this is Luz we're talking about, of course she doesn't know where she is". "How do you not know where you are?" I asked pinching the bridge of my nose. "Because I just ran as fast as I could without looking where I was going. The only thing I know is I'm in a forest near a river". "Do you know which direction to came from to get to the river?" I asked "Yea, why?" "Because I want you to go that way and then just stay put." I said annoyed. "Ok." Luz spoke "Luz can I ask you something?" I questioned "Sure." she answered. "Why did you have that breakdown in your room? Camila told me it was because she yelled at you but I wanna know why she yelled". She was silent for a few seconds "Well umm..." I could see she did not want to tell me "Luz you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I reassured. "Amity I'm here" Luz said "Oh ok, do you know if you ran straight from the door?" I asked trying to get an idea of where to go. "Umm, yea I think I just ran straight for a while." she said "Ok I'm on my way". "Ok. See you in a bit." was the last thing I heard before I hung up the call.

"So Amity can you tell us what happened?" Camila asked. I explained what happened "...now I have to go because I'm meeting up with her" I said walking to the door. I felt someone grab my wrist I turn around to see Camila "Wait, can I come with you please." she pleaded. "I'm sorry Camila but I don't think Luz will want you there. She's in a bad state right now but I'll tell you how it goes when I get back. I'm sorry". "Ok... just tell her I love her ok?" she asked. "I'll tell her" I said walking out the door. I looked in front of me 'This might take a while'

~Time skip 20 mins~

"LUZ!" I yelled while walking into the woods, I heard a twig snap behind me. "Luz?" I turn around to see a dark figure moving toward me. I started to slowly back away as I was walking I tripped over something 'Oh no'. The figure started running at me I braced myself and closed my eyes waiting for something to happen... nothing. I open my eyes to see Luz holding, 'What is that?', whatever that thing is by its back legs. She pulled it back only to grab it by the back of it's neck. "Dude you can't do that!" She yelled standing up, putting the thing on the ground. "Get out of here!" and it ran away she came over to me and held out her hand to help me up. I took it and got up "What was that?" I asked "Oh that was a wolf. I've seen that wolf plenty of times out here, he was kinda my first friend I guess. He's a little stupid". "Your first friend was a wolf?" I questioned brushing the dirt off my cloths "Yup" she said proudly, I hummed in response. I looked up to see Luz's perfect chocolate brown eyes looking at mine. A few seconds passed before Luz giggled and backed up a bit. She extended her hand for me to grab, I took it and she lead me to a tree where I'm guessing she had been sitting for a while. She motioned for me to sit so that's exactly what I did, we sat there in silence for a little while until Luz broke it. "So why did you want to come and see me?" She asked "I wanted to see if you were ok and I also just wanted to hang out with you for a bit." that was the partial truth, I did want to hang out but I also wanted to convince her to come home. "Luz what have you been doing out here, I'm just curious because it seems kinda boring." I asked "Well I've been on my phone and exploring a bit. Oh I climbed a tree and I saw a raccoon, I tried to pet it but it ran away. I'm still sad about that, I've pet a lot of the animals in the woods but never a raccoon". I giggled "Hey! what's so funny?" she asked "First, I don't know what a raccoon is second, your face was so funny when you thought of it." I started laughing uncontrollably. "What I like raccoons, they're cute" she said defensively, I calmed down and asked "Ok, can you show me what a raccoon is because I'm confused?" "Sure". Luz pulled out her phone and pulled up a picture of a one "OH MY TITAN!! It's sooo cutee!" I squealed. "You see that's why I'm sad I couldn't pet it." "I WANT ONE!" "No Amity they are wild animals you can not have one" Luz said sternly "Aww ok" I pouted.

Me and Luz talked for a while about random stuff. No matter what we talk about I still love it not so much about the story's and jokes but what I love most is seeing Luz happy, seeing her enthusiastic and all in all I just love her. Everything about her, her voice, her smile, her eyes and more. "Amity," Luz said waving her hand in front of my face "Huh" I said confused "You were zoned out". "Oh sorry" I said ashamed looking at my feet "Hey it's ok Amity don't worry." "I-" I looked at her and extended my arms. "What?" Luz asked, I just sat there waiting for her to figure it out "Do you want a hug or something" she asked jokingly. I nodded my head, she scooted closer to me and embraced me into my much wanted hug. We stayed like that for a while until Luz pulled away and looked at me eyes. She tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and put her hand against my cheek. 'Oh my titan is this actually happing?!' she leaned in then, of course, we heard a noise making Luz pull away. We both looked to where the noise came from to see Camila standing there. Luz immediately got up "Why are you here! Amity why is she here?!" "I don't know Luz" I said getting up reaching my hand out for her to take. She swatted my hand away "Luz come here please, take my hand and come here" I said calmly. She looked at Camila then me and took my hand, she moved next to me and said "Why are you here mom?". "I wanted to make sure you were ok." "Amity could have told you if I was ok" she said calmly but angrily. "Ok I lied I wanted to take you home and talk to you." Camila said "Then talk." Luz said looking Camila in the eyes with anger in hers. "I'm sorry Luz for everything. I didn't mean to yell at you, I didn't mean for any of this. I'm sorry just please come home everyone is worried about you". Luz let go of my hand and ran to Camila, so fast I barely saw her, and grabbed her by her collar. "YOU TOLD THEM!" Luz screamed, I saw Camila look at Luz in fear "We told them that you ran away nothing else. R-right Amity." she looked at me scared to death. "Yea that's all we told them Luz I promise." Luz turned her head to look at me and let go of Camila "You too..." she said with anger and sadness in her voice. She started to slowly walk toward me "You- Hahahaha!" she laughed manically. "Luz I- I'm sorry, t-they were worried s-so we told them." I said backing up. As I was walking I hit the fallen tree, Luz just kept walking. "Why? Why did you tell them?!" she yelled "W-well they were worried s-so I- we told them so they wouldn't b-be as worried." I said shaking. Luz grabbed my wrist tightly and pulled me closer to her, she put her other hand under my chin to make me look at her, she took a deep breath and asked "Which way is the way out?" I pointed to where I came from. "Let's go." she said loosing her grip on my wrist but still dragging me with her. Luz looked at her mom and said "I'll be home by tomorrow." then kept walking.

We kept walking for a while until Luz let go of my wrist, I looked up to see a building with a sign that said 'McDonalds'. "Come on" Luz demanded, we walked to the counter, she asked "What do you want to eat?" "Umm I don't know. I'm sorry" I apologized quickly hoping that she doesn't get mad. "Okay well I'm gonna get a burger with fries, do you want to try one?" she asked nicely. 'That's surprising I thought she was gonna be rude. Maybe it's because other people are around?' "Sure." I said. A person came up to us and asked "Hello what may I get for you tonight?" "Can we get two Quarter Pounder meals, no onion or mustard, with large fries and two medium Pepsi's please?". "That'll be $15.27. Dine-in or to go?" they asked "To go please" Luz asked politely. "Amity do you want to sit while we wait or just stand by the counter?" "Can we sit? My feet hurt." I asked "Yea we can sit down for a bit" she said kindly. We waited for about 5 minutes until we got our food, then we went outside and walked for a bit until we sat down at a bench. "Ok Ami this is yours," Luz said handing me my food "And this is mine". I took the burger out of the wrapper and took a bite "Luz this is amazing!" I said excided. "Yea it's good, I choose that place because it cheap and I don't have much money soo yea. I'm glad you like it though" she said. We sat and ate for a little while then Luz spoke "Hey Amity I'm sorry for how I acted. I just got mad and I don't know why I took it out on you. I just want you to know that I'm not mad at you". I looked at her and said "It's ok I understand that you're kinda stressed being back here so it's fine."

We ate the rest of our food and threw the wrappers and stuff away. I yawned because I was tired, I don't even know what time it is. "Hey are you tired?" Luz asked me "Yea kind of" I answered. "Here," Luz took off her beanie, her jacket, and her shirt off "Hey Luz you don't hav-" "No Amity it's fine I want you to be comfortable. She stuffed her shirt into the beanie and put it on the bench. "Can you lay down please?" she asked so I complied, I laid down, she put her jacket over me "Luz aren't you gonna be cold?" I asked concerned "No I'll be ok" she said as she laid on the ground. I got up and grabbed her arms pulling her up to her feet "Hey what are you doing?" she asked. I sat her on the bench "Lay down." I demanded "Ok? Why?" she questioned. "This why." I said as I laid down on top of her and put the jacket over us both 'Oh titan why am I doing this? She's gonna hate me now'. My thoughts got interrupted by her arms wrapping around me "Ok" is all she said. I heard her humming a tune of some sort that made me start to drift faster to sleep I mumbled something sleepily before dozing off to sleep.

Not proof read (2600 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...
2.2K 89 20
While cleaning out the attic, Amity and her siblings discover a set of journals from their parents school days. Will they fight the urge to read them...
22.7K 443 23
What if Luz never went to the demon realm. What if instead, she went to that awful camp and it changed her. But, she comes across the same owl that s...
197K 5.6K 37
Luz Noceda was seen as the only human to become a witch in another world....but in this world? She is the only witch in a realm FILLED with humans. S...