𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞 ||...

Bởi ThaliaMornn

(REWRITING) Everything in her life feels like hell until she meets the one who caused it, a guy who she finds... Xem Thêm

IMPORTANT
PROLOGUE
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|

|5|

332 15 4
Bởi ThaliaMornn

A Destiny or Coincidence?
|5|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

As Cam emerged from the crowd of students looking sharp, fit, and tall, his dark hair sticks out over his forehead that he had to brush upwards out of his sight before— the part where his eyes landed on mine.

His eyes darkened, but as he drew closer, and was walking calmly down the hallway with one hand in his pocket and the other holding a paper bag. His eyes were so alive and alluring as he continued to stare intently at me. As he walked past me and Daniel, his jaw clenched.

He gave me a wink before he glanced at Daniel with a stoic look. I furrowed my brows and blinked multiple times in dazzled. Is he serious?

Strangely, he gave Daniel a suspicious glance before catching my gaze again, which caused my body to become stiff. I then turned my attention back to Daniel, who had just noticed where my world was when he saw Cam pass by.

"Sorry um, come again?" I scratched my head with my nose wrinkled in embarrassment, I could feel myself blushing as hell.

"What were you asking again?" I asked again while I could feel his green eyes focused on my back.

From a few feet away, Cam came up to talk to his friend. He and I exchanged a short glance over our shoulders as he spoke to his friend.

"I said, have you checked out the sport activities at this academy?" He glanced at Cam too, he caught Cam looked at me again lastly before he headed downstairs along with other students.

My eyes averted and gave my head a shake "Such as like..?" I blushed in embarrassment.

"Swimming, fencing and soccer?"

"Sounds amazing coming from a reform school." I cast a quick glance over my shoulder, and saw Cam had already left.

"Yeah right? Weird but at least we can do something normal at this kind of place."

He's right. It's interesting to know that, and I wanna try to do some those activities sometime just to distract myself away from my mental health issues.

"So, we have soccer tryouts for boys and girls' teams today and if you're interested, come by and join us."

"I would love to— since I don't have anything else to do here but— lemme think about it first okay?"

"Sure." He smiled faintly.

Then I saw he was holding a journal. "You write?" I made a new subject so he couldn't notice that I got distract from Cam a moment ago which was embarrassing of me. Because of that intense locked-eyes moment we had replayed in the back of my head, I blushed once more.

Before he open his mouth to answer. I cut and waved him off "Don't tell me, I know.— I know you draw, am I right?" I guessed, raising an eyebrow with a soft smirk on my face.

"How'd you know?" He smiled and glanced at his journal.

I pointed to a powdered charcoal smudge over the tip of his fingers and said, "Check your fingertips, you looked like you just dug a dirt."

He cocked his head and huffed, "Ah." a small laugh escaped from his mouth.

"Wait, do you still-," He stuttered slightly, I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to continue "-I mean- do you draw too?" He finished his new sentence. He hid the journal behind him and shrugged his left shoulder.

"Yes but not that real good— unlike you are based on how I can see how serious and hard work you've done." I glanced at the side of his palm, which had a smudge of charcoal powder

"Oh." He chuckled and blushed as he scratched his head "Oh, it's just a lot of practice."

"Oh, taking notes right now." I nodded teasingly and he just grinned, he looked so cute when he smile like that.

"So, um about what I said earlier,— if you're interested or maybe even just watch the training later, I don't know, you might want to join my friend Gabbe's team."

"Oh, Gabbe? Yeah, I've met her, she's nice."

He nodded and let out a sigh of amused  "Yeah, she's looking for newbies but if you wanna join, just come by anytime. It's just a training, so, you don't have to be great— I'm sure Gabbe will teach you all how."

I nodded with a bit interest "Hmm, okay I guess— I'll check that tryout later."

Then a group of Daniel's friends came over, all eyes on me, "The new girl?" one of them asked, and the guy with brunette hair and a red cap turned to me and said, "I'm Anthony." He's half Korean, has deep brown eyes, and raised his hand while wrapping his other arm around his friend's shoulder. Honestly, almost all of Daniel's friends remind me of the jock boys from my old school.

"(y/n)." I shook his hand and he grinned.

"Or just call me Tony like everyone else." His firm grip let my hand go.

"Ok, Tony."

He smirked and took off his red cap, saying, "But you can call me baby anytime." adjusted his hair while checking Daniel's reaction by nudging his arm.

Daniel looked at him with grimaced "Seriously?"

I looked unimpressedly at Tony and questioned "Why?" while intentionally staring at him.

"Well.. duh- you know." Tony suddenly stammered, his grin fainting while he scratched his nape when he noticed how I exchanged expression that something made his cheeks flushed in super embarrassment and wished he didn't give a bad flirt. "I mean— because." He gazed at me while finding his words nervously.

"So, I could be your mother's replacement, Baby?" I mocked him and then raised my brows with my arms crossed.

His friends mocked and laughed at him, and Daniel almost laughed but held himself.
"Yikes."
"Burned?"
"Oh my gosh, dude, your mommy issues are blowing up."

"Oh, you could've just said you needed a mother's love—isn't that what you want?"

"How would you know?" Tony chuckled nervously with a red dusting on his cheeks, and his pupils dilated as he kept gazing at me.

I continued, "I said—" moving a bit closer to him, "Isn't that what you want? Just say it." with my lips curled and my eyes narrowed in curiosity.

Say it.
Say what's on your mind.
Embarrass yourself.

"Yeah, I need a mother's love so badly because everyone hates me and I'm nobody." Tony stated swiftly, his brows knitted and blinked as he gulped with his face dropped.

There, a beat of awkward silence.

This is what always happens when every time I threaten some boys like him by just looking deeply into their eyes or souls, and then they would just say what they wish they hadn't said, which is an odd but amusing thing. The fact that I have been able to use that skill since in my fifth grade makes it seem as though I had the ability to intimidate and embarrass boys like him.

Daniel frowned with his jaw dropped little and he and his friends exchanged a look. Daniel narrowed his eyes at Tony and me in suspiciously like what just happened? Giving a Did she just hypnotize Tony?

Then all of them but Daniel started laughing out loud to Tony. Daniel, just let out a tiny laugh in amusement.

I chuckled in amusement as Tony blinked multiple times and glared at them. "Shut up guys." Tony muttered and he turned to Daniel and said "That was a- a joke."

Daniel furrowed his brows and gave Yeah right look, pushed Tony away with his arm and stood between us and said "They're from my soccer team and not friends by the way."

Another guy introduced to me as he jumped behind Daniel and he extended his hand out  "ANYWAY, I'm Daniel's friend Kevin!" and the guy in the back, made Daniel's eye rolled. "I'm Peter!" The other waved his hand at me. "David here."

Daniel shook his head at this chaotic moment with his boys giving Q&A out of nowhere;

"It's great to meet you!"
"So how did you end up here?"
"Do you have a criminal record?"
"What did you do?"

Daniel pushed Kevin's hand out of my sight before I would just end up leave him hanging.

Comparing this to my old school, I believe I came close to having a fever dream. Thankfully, Daniel intervened with "Enough with that." and urged them to stop before he realized how uncomfortable having a group of boys around that would make me feel. With their athletic bodies and egos, I can definitely tell they're probably from a soccer team, but Daniel is different. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me.

He looked down at me "Sorry about that, I guess I will see you in the field later?" He smiled.

I then heard whispering noises behind my ear as a shadows began to form from the window's corner at a distance slightly beyond us. When I saw it suddenly move slowly towards my place and cause my heart to thump, both of my hands clenched, and I swallowed a hard lump in my throat. I stumbled a little and uncrossed my arms before clenching my shoulder bag.

"Uh- yeah, see you and it's nice to meet you again, Daniel and your team I—gotta go now."

I turned to face Daniel again and gave a quick fake smile because I could feel the shadows lurking above the crowd of people.

Daniel asked, "Are you okay?" as he drew nearer, his friends waved goodbye as they walked away from us and probably heading to their soccer training.

For the last time, I nervously grinned at him and nodded sharply before saying, "Yes!—I'll see you guys later." then I walked out calmly at first since I was trying to keep my cool, but deep down I was feeling like an idiot.

Daniel took a deep breath, his muscles felt stiff, and his smile thinned out as if a bad memory had just snapped behind his head. He then turned around and joined his friends in the hallway.

I could still feel the shadows following my tail, they were twirling, curling and stretching around the corners, ceilings and through the students walking by. My breathing was heavy, my heart was racing, and all I could do was watch my feet descend on each step. As I held onto the handrail, I looked up and noticed my reflection in the window in front of me. I then noticed that the shadows behind my back were getting close and that they were beginning to poke through the ceiling.

I whispered beneath my shaky breath, "You've got to be kidding me."

A familiar voice of someone from below me on the stairs, asked "What's with the rush?"

My body completely froze in shock as I was about to fall when my toe accidentally slipped on the tile.

They reacted quickly, grabbing my elbow and catching me. "Woah."

I let out a small gasp as I put both of my hands on someone's broad shoulder—his shoulder. I looked down and met those green eyes.

It's Cam Briel.
Before I could fall, he caught me.

I was so mortified that I had a flush that made my cheeks numb. When I breathed out, Cam was looking at me with both puzzled-amused look while my heart was racing.

Cam gave me a slightly frowning look as he glanced at my hands pressing against his shoulder, which were shaking from my panic. I then clenched them into fists and took a deep breath before I took the last step down, I grunted furiously and moved my hands away from him. "You okay?" he asked.

I heard his footsteps followed mine as I reached the ground, I took a careful look at the upstairs and the shadows had already vanished. Yeah for now, thanks to you for saving my life from those creepy shadows.

"Uhuh." I answered and grasped the lace of my shoulder bag and about to head off. Suddenly, Cam held my arm and made me halt, turn, and face him.

The way he looked at me felt so real, just real and a familiar feeling, and it started to make me feel— annoyed of why I feel like I'm drawn towards him. He asked, "Is someone bothering you up there?" with his eyes narrowed and cocked his head as motioned the upstairs. Who are you? I shot him a irritated look.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

I grimaced and chuckled nervously, "Nothing that concerns you." as I looked down at his hand on my arm. Cam saw my expression and immediately released his hold on my arm and raised both of his hands in surrender.

"Okay." he sighed slightly and leaned against the wall before I turned around and took a deep breath to make my panic attack pass. As I began to move in my way, I felt him watching my back, and I shook my head at my assumptions.

I continued walking when I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up, I looked up at the ceiling and noticed a small shadow coming through the small chandelier about six feet away from me. Why is this happening right now?

Every breath I took was heavy, and I could feel my stomach clenched with anxiety. As the shadows drew closer to cover my path, I hesitated continuing to go. Fuck this. I took a deep breath and tightly closed my eyes before quickly turning around and going back to the opposite direction.

When I opened my eyes, I noticed that Cam was still there and leaning against the wall. I saw him staring at me when I initially walked in that direction quickly, but his eyes quickly averted when he noticed me heading to his place while I could feel the shadows behind me.

When I neared Cam, he pretended to have just seen me and asked, "Is someone lost?"

"Just heading to the cafeteria." I said with my stoic tone.

"The cafeteria is right this way." He pointed the hallway from behind me with his thumb. "Unless you're skipping a class?"

When I stopped and turned to face him, he straightened his spine, but I could still see the shadows creeping closer to us, closer to me. "I know. I know what I'm doing," I said simply, trying to keep my eyes on him only and not that thing behind him.

"You do?" Cam asked as he drew nearer and saw the change in my expression as I cast a long glance at the distracting shadows behind his back. He then arched his brows, scratched the back of his neck, and was about to turn around and look at where bothered me looking at—

"Actually, yes I'm skipping classes in my first day and I'm bored and I wanna crash in somewhere that is— isn't dull." I quickly explained to distract him before he could peek over his shoulder and see just nothing bothers me and then think I'm insane.

He raised an eyebrow and averted his eyes "Are you suggesting— I'll give you a place to crash in?"

"Yes, without those "reds" witnessing my rebellion.— so, do you know any place?" I smiled sarcastically.

Reds a.k.a those cctvs in every corner of this castle.

Cam's mouth curled softly as if he felt flattered by the question. "Why are you asking me?"

"I don't know, aren't you like a type of person who break rules just to get what they want? So, I'm asking."

"But why me?" He smirked teasingly.

Maybe it's because you seem like the kind of person who would do it?

"Ugh- Why are you asking a lot of questions?"

He came closer and gave me a teasing grin as he asked, "Why are you asking me like you know who I am?"

"I-." I almost stammered to myself and god, those shadows are killing me and so does his eyes staring deeply to mine purposely. I just wanted to get out of here right now.

Cam cocked his head to the side with little puzzled look, then he looked at me up and down as he noticed I wasn't holding any food to eat. As I hid my right hand behind me and shook it to calm myself down, I swallowed a hard lump in my throat, hoping that my panic attack would pass. However, my heart was still racing from the both situations, the shadows and Cam being closer to me.

"Are you okay?" Cam asked with his frown returned.

"Ugh, yes! Stop asking me that." I said with my teeth gritted in annoyance, and I backed away from how close we were. "Y'know what never mind!" I chuckled harshly, turned around and continued walking my way, to I-don't-know place to go.

"Then stop acting like you're not."

"I am not."

"Not okay? Not acting?"

I just sighed irritably at his jokes and began to stamp my feet on the ground in synch with my emotion.

He continued to follow me and said, "I know what a panic attack looks like, (y/n)." as he reached my presence, he dipped his chin to get my attention.

"Okay, genius but I didn't ask." I kept my eyes focus on my path while the light from the windows hitting on the side of my face, and when I gave a long glance over my shoulder, the shadows was still swaying in that area but didn't follow me this time. I grunted softly but deep inside I wanna scream out irritably. Anger and anxiety mixing up together inside me.

"Uh- could you give yourself a second to at least take a deep breath." Cam said like he could hear my heartbeat racing and knows what I've been going through.

"This is embarrassing." I muttered to myself and looked up at him "Why are you following me? I know what I'm doing."

"Do you?" He raised his eyebrows.

I stopped and clenched my hands and took a heavy, heavy breath, started to inhale and exhale.

Inhale and exhale.

I took a deep breath out, opened my hands, and it seemed like my heart was beating normally again after the previous six seconds. I want to get out of here, right now. Anywhere far from this floor, or even better, this place.

Cam stood next to me and asked, "So how was it?" staring at me like I was a lost child in need of my father. He needs to stop staring at me in that way, and why does he keep following me around like I need him? Do I?

I swiftly turned to him and raised my hand "I'm okay.—" I stated firmly and shook my head before I looked up to his eyes "And I would really feel okay if you'd stop following me— sir."

"Right, I'm sorry." Cam nodded apologetically.

"Thank you."

[▶️]

...

Cam watched me leaving and heading to the other hallway alone, but his gaze never left my presence even though I was from afar. His eyes softened in sympathy and wished he could do anything effortlessly even though if it was too tough for him to follow his made up strict rules just for everyone's sake.

I went alone to the other unfamiliar hall. I just kept going until I feel safe and away from those shadows.

Alone. At the unfamiliar hallway, I looked around and I don't see any cctv on this floor. I turned and peered over my shoulder to see if Cam was there when I spotted his silhouette on the wall outside the entrance way. He then turned around and left.

I honestly have no idea where I was going, I just kept walking while glancing out the windows. I should have gone to my next class, but does it really matter now that I received my first detention today?

When seven minutes had passed while wandering around this floor. I saw a rusted, brown door that opened in three inches. I peered and saw a spiral staircase inside, I pushed the door to the side and looked up and saw another door opened from upstairs and a sunlight shining on the concrete wall and steps.

My curiosity at this kind of massive castle wanted to explore more aside just familiar classrooms and courtyard. I decided to want to see more as I climbed upstairs and reached the rooftop.

As I stepped outside and started to look around. Every roof has statue of angels and gargoyles statues around the edges. I went over and sat down next to the gargoyle. I pulled out my journal and a Hershey bar that I had bought before arriving to this academy. I suppose this will serve as my lunch for now.

Before taking a bite, I had unwrap it, opened my journal, grabbed my pencil, and looked around. I could see all the views with fluffy, dusty blue clouds in the sky, and there were holes with sunlight shining out of the ground. The weather was nice and normal—not too hot or cold, just a little windy, making my hair gently sway.

On my left side, I abruptly heard a sound from behind the warrior angel. What was that?

A noise of crumpling paper—
a paper bag.

Someone's here?

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

106 0 15
"You tell me that we're just friends but you know damn well that I'm the only one who's ever made you feel like this." Camila Swan was set on hating...
1.1M 5.2K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
3.5K 93 11
Xephra was a unique girl. She was a balance of childish and responsible. This is about her life as Charlie Swan's daughter and how she lived before a...
289K 6.9K 24
Camilla Ivy Potter was sick of people targeting her ever since her third year when Remus bit her during the whole Pettigrew scene. So, after the war...