Goddess of Death. Sirius Blac...

By -InLoveWithPadfoot

BOOK: 1 Josette Hart's life was a mess. An evil mother who wants revenge on her family, created Josette to he... More

Character Aesthetic
Cast
Prolouge
1: Slytherin!!
2: Friends??
3: You have to choose a side.
4: What Nightmares??
5: We should go.
6: What Prophecy??
7: Just caught in the moment...
8: Slipping past Hogwarts!!
9: Maybe I should.
10: There's the smile.
11: She. Is. A. Devil
12: And what do you want?
Families
13: This terrible family!!
14: What about us?
15: 75% Dead.
16: Always and Forever.
17: Who. Are. You. Mortis Heladottir?
18: It's a date night, huh?
19: I am a dark wizard!!
20: It's your fault!
21: Huh? A monster?
22: Choose from one of us.
23: The Blacks.
24: Allfather.
25: I love you.
26: Don't be so hard on yourself.
27: This is a Miracle!!
28: Little Hangleton.
29: I had to.
30: This is amazing!!
31: It's havoc out there.
32: Thanks Mom.
33: Careful, he's mine.
34: You wish!!
35: You disgust me!!
36: The show's over!!
37: We got drunk.
38: I was just afraid.
39: That's still a secret.
40: You write a pretty good speech.
41: In Tonsberg??
42: I'll. Always. Be. On. Top
43: You wish to sign your own death?"
44: I want to be on top, Mortis.
45: Don't say that!! She's not dead!!
46: Oh she did!!
47: Let's just hope it's something good.
48: Flapdoddle coffin.
49: Red door?
50: My miserable life!!
51: A new beginning.
52: It's not the end.
53: I'll say we survived.
54: You are sick!!
55: And all you did is hurt me in return!!
56: Sev?
57: I do.
58: Congratulations, Auror Hart.
59: Little witch.
60: What is happening to me?
61: Cast you out!!
62: Still sounds like a threat.
63: I don't want you to go. Please.
64: You die. The lord dies.
66: Get...it...out!!
67: And Voldemort.
68: Where will I find little Mr. Potter?
69: Anything.
70: After all, you are a Black.
71: Sirius! How could you??
72: It hurts.
73: Are you happy??
The End

65: Let go.

161 14 0
By -InLoveWithPadfoot

21 June: Malfoy Manor

"So, every one of you failed??" Voldemort glared the teens standing in front of him.

"Potter is determined not to join our ranks even after I threatened his mudblood wife." Malfoy said.

"The pup's scared. Some more right clicks and I'm sure he'll give in." Greyback said from what he thought about Remus after his meeting.

"Black is committed and he's not coming back." Bellatrix rolled her eyes. "We don't need blood-traitors like him anyway."

"Pettigrew is scared to death. He just asked for more time and didn't directly reject the deal." Avery smirked.

"Pettigrew?? He's even scared of a bloody bug. I'm not sure how helpful he is going to be." Malfoy mocked.

"He may be scared of silly things. But he's skilled in Charms and we need him to spy not fight." Avery said.

Malfoy was going to say something but Voldemort stopped him "Don't you two start fighting. Marcus is right. We need him to spy not fight. Very good, Marcus. I'm impressed." He patted his back. "But he hasn't chosen yet. Keep an eye on him." He ordered. Avery nodded and bowed to his Lord. "Anything on Regulus Black??"

The four shook their head. Voldemort gritted his teeth in anger. "Find him as soon as possible. Go." He yelled and they quickly left the room.

~☆~

When Sirius returned back home after the little run-in with his cousin. He found James, Lily, Remus and Peter already waiting outside his house. "Sirius!" James almost shouted after seeing him.

"What are you guys doing here??" he asked.

"Waiting for Mor to open the door." Peter said. "We all had an encounter with a death eater and we just wanted her to know about it."

"Same." Sirius mumbled while fetching for keys in his pocket.

"You too? Who was it??" Remus asked.

"Bellatrix." He opened the lock and everyone entered inside. They went upstairs only to find no one there. "The bed's empty. Of course, the bed's empty." Sirius groaned.

Then they heard the noise of a car. Knowing it was her, all ran downstairs. "What did I said while leaving?? Not to get out of bed." Sirius glared at the girl. "Where did you ran off to??"

Instead of answering she asked them a question "What are you all doing here??" she walked inside the house, stumbling over her steps.

"We just had Voldemort's minions walk up to us with an offer/threat." James said.
"More like creep up to us." Peter added.
"And it was definitely a threat." Remus said.

"So what, you decided to join him too??" she snapped, taking her anger of Severus on them. "What did he offer you??" she looked at James "Pureblood fame??" she turned to the werewolf "Money??" and then to Peter "Protection??" and finally to Sirius "Someone better than me??"

Everyone was confused by her behaviour and more hurt that she would even think that they would join that maniac. "Did he gave you his secret tattoo too?? Show your hands."

"Jo, how could you even think that??" Lily asked, feeling offended.

"Because I'm selfish. I only think what is right according to me and not about others. You all have to look out for yourselves. I won't mind if you go and draw that stupid tattoo on your hand." She waved her hand dismissively and turned around walking towards the stairs.

"Mortis." Sirius grabbed her arm.

"Let go." She hissed.

"What happened while you were gone??" He held her hand more tightly.

"I said. Let. Go." He still didn't and she got more angry. Using her other hand, a violet wave pushed him away forcefully, making him fall unto the coffee table, breaking it in the process.

Lily's hand flew to her mouth in shock. James ran forward to her while Remus and Peter ran to his help. "Jo, what are you doing??" James yelled, grabbing both of her shoulders "Are you drunk??" he asked, smelling the alcohol now that he was standing close to her.

"I don't get drunk." She denied and forcefully pulled herself away from him, almost falling down in the process. If it wasn't for James she would've broken her nose.

"Okay, you are drunk." James mumbled and picked her up in his arms. Feeling sleepy and exhausted she snuggled closer to him. He walked upstairs and tucked her to bed. He sat by her side for a while. Everything she said downstairs did make him feel hurt but now, not so much. She wouldn't have said any of those things is she was sober. He didn't knew why she drank so much; he has never seen her like this.

"I don't know what you're going through, Jo but I would like you to tell me." He whispered "Every time anything goes bad you go through all of it by yourself but you really don't have to." He leaned down and kissed her forehead "Sleep well, little witch." He got up and left the room.

Downstairs, Sirius was sitting on the couch removing the pieces of splinters which pierced into his back. He didn't know how to feel about any of this. He was angry on how she reacted but also guilty that he wasn't here when whatever happened that got her to drink so much.

"How's she??" He asked seeing James descend the stairs.

"Asleep." He answered.

"Any idea why she did all this??" Lily asked and James shook his head.

"Everything was fine before I left. Something must have happened after that." Sirius said "I should have been here."

"You didn't know. Honestly, no one knows what goes on with her." Remus mumbled.

"She's acting kinda weird, you know, after returning from Asgard." Peter said "Like, always deep in thought and zoning out, even in the order meetings and Moody has given her an earful for that."

"It's not like her." Lily added.

"Something must have happened between her and her grandfather." Sirius thought out loud "I don't know about her family as much but it's definitely about that."

~☆~

*Flashback

"Heimdall, I just wanted to know, where you stashed my mother's tomb??" Josette asked.

"It's still on Midgard."

"WHAT!!" she shouted "It's dangerous keep her down there. Tom is after her, the Ferðamenn are after her. It's not safe there."

"Don't worry. I have cursed it. It changes it's location every five days. No one will ever know where it's going to be next. And without knowing the pattern, it's impossible to find it." He explained.

"You better be right and does Allfather know??" she asked.

"That I did something without his consent?? No. and this the last favour I did for you, don't expect me to always cover up for you." He warned.

Josette smiled and hugged him "Thank you so much."

"Remember, last favour." He smiled.

"We will see." She laughed and ran into the castle.

*KNOCK!
Josette slightly open the door and asked "Allfather, can I come in??"

Odin turned his attention to the door "Come in, come in." He sighed and sat up straight on the bed, he was feeling weak since the morning so Frigga had him take rest for a while.

Josette entered with a tray of soup in her hands and placed it on the side table and handed him the bowl. "Allmother made it by herself." She informed him. "How are you feeling??"

"Better." He took a sip on the hot soup. He was expecting her to leave but Josette waited, she wanted to ask him something but wasn't sure if it was the right time to do it.

Giving up she turned around and was going to leave when Odin said "You want to say something??"

She turned back and sat at the foot of his bed "I just have some questions and I really want to know the answers. But you need to rest, I can come back."

"It's alright. I have been resting the whole morning honestly I am quite bored." He smiled.

"My mother ran away from here hundreds of years ago. And she had help from the Ferðamenn. She promised them a realm to rule upon but on reaching Midgard, Jenna convinced her otherwise and she dropped the idea of world domination." Josette stopped and looked at him for his reaction, but he was staring at the wall in front of him without any expression on his face. She continued "Obviously the Ferðamenn would have felt betrayed and wanted her to keep her side of the bargain then why didn't they do anything ages ago?? Why come now after so many years??"

"Mortis your mother was, let's just say, someone not to be trusted. She has silver tongue, she will get she wants and everyone else will be left in dust." Odin started. "When she ran away the Ferðamenn helped her escape from the Valkyries, killing every one of them but then Hela betrayed them and escaped to Midgard only with Jenna leaving them behind. And they were punished for their crimes, helping a convict, killing the Valkyries. Sentenced to 1000 years on the frozen lake. So, even if they wanted to do anything years ago, they couldn't."

"Then how did they get on earth??" Josette asked curiously.

"15 years ago, someone had helped the Ferðamenn escape from the frozen lake. It was your mother, she was forming an army." Odin explained further.

"But she betrayed them once and they trusted her she wouldn't do it again??"

"They didn't, that's why they made a blood oath. She would help them achieve their goal and in return they would always work under her, no backstabbing."

"But she's, you know, imprisoned, now what will happen??"

"It is passed down from bloodline. So, you will help them and Marc will work under you." The answer shocked her.

"But, I have been against them since day one. Aren't I supposed to be dead by now??" She asked.

"You really don't know anything about the vow, do you??"

"If I did I wouldn't be asking these questions." She said.

"The oath works for living beings."

"I am living." she rolled her eyes.

"You are half dead. Even if you don't keep your end of the bargain the Ferðamenn still have to."

"Oh right, I'm half dead." She sighed and then remembered something else. "Oh. My. God. I'm half dead."

Odin chuckled "Your Midgardian doesn't know." He stated and she shook her head. She completely forgot to tell him this. "Better do it before your marriage. Don't want him to keep in the dark."

"I will." She sighed "Wait- did you say marriage?? Does that mean we've your blessing." Josette looked at him with hopeful eyes.

Odin smiled "You do."

She grinned widely and got up, giving him a hug. "Thank you so much."

"But-"

"If anything goes worse. You won't help me out." She finished for him and then continued "So, about the Ferðamenn. Marc can't kill me even if he wished to, because of the oath??"

"Right. But still be careful once you return back." He advised.

"Hmm." She nodded "I will go now. Take rest." She got up, bowed to him and returned back to her room.

~☆~

Josette woke up with a very bad headache. She tried to remember how she got in her room but nothing. She groaned and buried her head into the pillow.

Then she remembered the locket Kreacher gave to her and quickly opened the drawer to check if it was still there or not. She held it in her hands and heard some kind of whispering coming from it, she tried to decipher it but it was too low.

Finally she got out of bed and changed into fresh clothes keeping the locket in her pocket and went downstairs. James, Lily, Remus and Peter were sleeping around the couch. I must have done something last night. Merlin!! Why did I drink so much. She groaned internally and made her way towards the main door.

"Going somewhere??" Sirius's voice startled her.

Josette turned around to face him "I have something important to do." She said.

"This early in the morning??" He raised an eyebrow. She just nodded in return. "And you don't have anything to say about last night??"

"I..um..I was drunk." She mumbled "I..really don't..remember what happened." Her eyes drifted off to her legs, shamefully.

Sirius walked towards her "That's what I want to know, why did you drink so much. You've never done that before." He placed a hand on her cheek.

"I...um.." she tried very hard to hold back the tears "It's Regulus." It wasn't the real reason why she drank so much but he doesn't need to know about Severus, not yet atleast.

"What about him??"

"He's..he's dead."

"What!!?" He stepped back in shock "Is he here?? Or did he found peace?? How did that happen?? Where was he all these months." He attacked her with questions.

"I don't know. He's not here and honestly, I really don't know if he's dead or not." She said "That's why I was going out, to find the answers."

"Okay, then I'm coming with you." He said.

"I really don't think you should."

"You promised, we do all this together." He said sternly, he really want to what happened to his brother and he's not letting her go alone.

"I am going to Grimmauld Place." She sighed.

"Why there??" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Your house elf, Kreacher, he's the one who knows what really happened to Regulus and I wanted to talk to him."

"You don't have to go there for that. I'm still a Black. Kreacher!!" He bellowed and the tiny house elf instantly appeared in front of them.

"Wow! That's really helpful." Josette mumbled.

"See, told you. Working together is best." He smiled and turned to the elf but before he could ask anything "Maybe I should do this alone." She stopped him.

"What!! Just now I said working together is best." He groaned.

"Regulus didn't want anyone to know about what he did. And if what he says is really true that he's...dead. We should respect his wish." Josette reasoned.

Sirius nodded thoughtfully "But what if it's not true??"

"I will tell you everything myself." She promised. He smiled and nodded. Josette and Kreacher went into the kitchen so they can talk alone.

Sirius waited outside desperately wanting to know what they are talking about. After few minutes Josette peeked from the kitchen door and gestured him to come inside. He quickly followed "What happened is it all true??"

"'Kreacher doesn't answer you. Kreacher serves the Nobel House of Black.'" Josette said mimicking the house elf. Sirius let out a laugh despite the situation. "What do you want me to ask him??"

"Did he see Regulus die with his own eyes??" Sirius repeated the question and the house elf replied with a yes.

"Did he had a book with him?? did he destroy it??"
'Yes' again.

"But how's this possible?? Won't you see his soul??" Sirius asked.

"Not really. Ask him when did this happen??" Josette said.

"Four months ago, master Regulus came to me and Kreacher accompanied Master to the cave." Kreacher said.

"What cave??" Sirius asked.

"Don't. Regulus he.."

"Doesn't want anyone to know." He finished for her.

"It was four months ago then why come to me now?" Josette questioned but he didn't answer so Sirius had to repeat it.

"Master gave Kreacher a task to destroy the locket. Kreacher tried for months but failed. And Master said if I failed my task I should give it to Miss Hart."

"Do you remember the date?? When that happened?"

"February 13."

"The day of the coronation." Josette mumbled. "I was not here on earth. If Regulus died at that time, I wouldn't have seen him." She sighed.

"So it's true??" Tears filled his eyes. First his parents and now his brother. How can so many bad things happen to someone at the same time. Josette pulled the boy into a hug. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Just tell me did he die supporting Voldemort??" Sirius questioned. He really need to know the answer to this question.

"The exact opposite." She said "He did it because he couldn't face to betray his brother again. He took down the darkhold with himself. He's a hero."

He smiled slightly and repeated "Hero. And I thought I was the brave brother." He chuckled.

"You are." She placed a hand on his cheek "And he was too." Her hand slipped down to his neck and she felt the scratches on the back of his neck. She furrowed her eyebrows and turned him around, taking a look at his back.

"My God!! How did this happened??" She asked.

Sirius turned back not knowing what to answer her. Josette's eyes widened in realization "I did that?? I threw you into the coffee table." She remembered it in bits and pieces.

"It was not your fault." Sirius said.

"What else did I did??" He hesitated before answering that but one look from her and he spilled everything in front of her.

"No, no, no. How can I say that??!" She groaned "I'm so so sorry."

"It's okay really. But next time anything like this happens please inform or atleast wait till I return back." He warned.

"I was just so angry on-" she stopped mid-sentence.

"On??" Sirius raised an eyebrow.

"Wait a minute, did you said you just talked with Bellatrix." She said quickly changing the topic.

"I did and the others too had a death eater come upto them with an offer. Obviously they rejected it." Sirius said.

"I should apologize to them. Be right back." She ran out of the kitchen, leaving him alone to mourn his brother's death.

He and Regulus have been distant over the years but his death definitely had him remember the good times together. He was glad to have a such an wonderful brother though he did made some wrong choices but ultimately he did the right thing and he is very proud of him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...
7.9K 637 34
**COMPLETED** Cover made by @siriusblackisgreat ⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️: All original characters owned by J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own is the plot. Set...
876K 21.3K 133
"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐥𝗼𝗼𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝗼 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 - 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘." ϟ Selene Black is the younger and only sister of Sirius Black, born...
1.9M 70.6K 102
"I solemnly swear that I will get Sirius Black to change his player ways." "There's only one way you can get him to do that." "How?" "You need him to...