One Chance

By TheSoExtraGirl

Story of Ertugrul and Halime set in Season 1 and 2. One chance that means alot to both of them. Just one chan... More

1. Savior
2. Royalty
3. Truth
4. Understanding
5. Deciding
6. Lovers are always stupid
7. Far Away
8. Years Later
9. The Surprise
10. Her Home
11. Jealousy
12. Competition
13. Alp Commander
14. The Lunch
15. Challenging Him
17. Secret
18. Intentions

16. Confessions

81 5 97
By TheSoExtraGirl

Halime woke up to having a not so great mood. The moment she wore her black gown, she felt something wrong, as if something is going to happen that might bother her alot, makes her night sleep uncomfortable and mind clouded.

She was supposed to go to Kayi Tribe. Check on alps, inform the beys of tribes to consider having a hatun alp commander too from the tribe even though she knew sooner or later she will be coming to Kayi Tribe, as a daughter of tribe and wife of a kayi bey and she will have alot of chances to train hatuns and this thought is the only thing that made her smile.

As she entered Kayi and Dodurga Tribe with the alps, she quickly started observing the situation, anything that she can pick up that would answer as the reason of her bad mood but everything seemed fine.

"Welcome Halime Sultan!" Halime was tore away from her thoughts by the voice of Korkut Bey's son. She mounted off her horse, and stood infront of him, with Mavi Hatun at her back.

"Thank you Tugtekin Bey. Thank you!" She answered, keeping her mood aside and gave him a smile which he returned with a bigger smile. "Is it possible to gather and talk to Kayi Bey family and Dodurga Bey family including Artuk Bey and Gumustekin Bey together about the plan and situation?"

Tugtekin nodded. "Gundogdu Bey and Gumustekin Bey left the tribe but they will be back soon but I will inform baba and Hayme aunt." He answered her and Halime hated the amount of hope and spark in his eyes.

"Okay...." She said thinking he might step aside and leave her on her own but when he didn't she added more to her sentence. "I will meet Aykiz if it is so. Ertugrul Bey must be training alps so I'll meet him too."

She said and saw that, the instant jealousy, the smile falling off his face, his teeths gritting and fists clenching though she didn't cared about him even an inch..... he can sit in a corner with his jealousy for Ertugrul, she don't care at all.

"If you want to sit, I can call Aykiz Hatun.... you can rest in my tent." He blurted out and Halime's eyes shot up, full of anger. Tugtekin seemed to instantly regret his words but didn't lost the eye contact.

"Excuse me?" Her tone got a bit higher and Tugtekin seemed to regret his choice of words. She hated those words, they were weird, unnecessary and definitely made her angry.

"I mean...."

"Halime!" Aykiz's excitement filled voice broke out but Halime didn't took her anger filled eyes off Tugtekin. "How are you? When did you came?" She asked as she approached Halime, her eyes on her, face full of happiness and Halime finally took her eyes off Tugtekin.

"I just came.... got welcomed by Tugtekin Bey." She answered, looking at Tugtekin for a quick second and she saw a doubt there, on Tugtekin's face and a probability that Halime might mention about his comment to Ertugrul which she knew she will.

"Ah... good you came, let me take you and Mavi Hatun to my tent, Selcan, Banu Çiçek and Gonca Gul Hatun are also there, let us serve you some sherbet."

Halime nodded and without saying another word to Tugtekin, she started walking with Aykiz. As they started walking, Aykiz looked back at Tugtekin still standing and Halime figured it out, Aykiz heard everything and is definitely a life saver. Halime released a deep breath. "He is strange, not just that... he is trying on me."

"He is jealous of Ertugrul brother, first Gokçe and now you.... he just want everything related to Ertugrul brother." Aykiz answered, trying to keep her voice low as she passed from carpet workshop. Halime's eyes shot up at the information, she made a mental note to connect the dots later.

"Like a male version of Gokçe? Like she always want everything related to me." Halime asked.

"Yes though he and Gokçe liked each other alot before you came obviously but both are very...."

"Stupid!" Halime completed and Aykiz laughed. "Suits each other well. Korkut Bey shouldn't think and marry them off right away." Halime commented and Aykiz saw the hate in her eyes which she tried to brush off with a laugh.

"Don't mind about his comment.... Ertugrul brother gave him a warning related to you few days ago.... that's why he is doing that, give him no attention." Aykiz informed, taking it easily but Halime couldn't do that.

"Warning related to me? Why?" Halime asked and Aykiz came to a stop as she smirked at her.

"Neither you are very innocent nor you can make me a fool Halime..... that man, Ertugrul brother I mean can burn the whole world down for you and you still talk like you have no idea about it?"

Halime knew this but still she acted like she is unfamiliar with the information Aykiz gave her. Mavi giggled from the back, Halime turned her head to look at her.

"No offense Halime Sultan, Aykiz Hatun is right." Mavi commented and Halime mouthed 'traitor' to her, Aykiz added a chuckle.

"Let's go." Aykiz said and taking a hold of Halime's shoulders pushed her to walk. "You overthink alot." She told her.

"You make me do it!" Halime replied. Giggling they three entered the tent to find more hatuns giggling.

"Welcome Halime Sultan!" Selcan said and as much as Aykiz told Halime that Selcan have changed, she didn't got quite comfortable about it but still she nodded and smiled at Selcan.

"Ceylan!" Ayla called as she ran towards Aykiz and stood beside her and looked at Halime while Halime raised her brow at her.

"Who is Ceylan my daughter?" Aykiz asked kneeling to reach Ayla, her eyebrow raised in confusion.

Ayla pointed a finger towards Halime and laughed. "Ceylan!" She repeated and everyone knew she have heard Ertugrul calling Halime ceylan gozlu plenty of times and was intelligent enough to keep it in mind.

"Well.... it's the new name then." Selcan announced as everyone burst into laughs. Ayla started running out of the tent, surprising everyone and worrying Aykiz. "Where, daughter??" She asked from the back and was about to leave the tent after her when Banu Çiçek stood up.

"You sit, I will take care of her." She told and Aykiz smiled in return. "I will accompany you too." Mavi Hatun told Banu Çiçek and both Hatuns left the tent giving a nod to everyone.

Ayla might be just three and a half but being a very observant child have always worked for her quite well. She knew places around tribe, she knew to not do anything she was told to not do. Ertugrul trained her in some sense according to Aykiz.

She ran until she reached the training ground and saw her father, training with other alps. Knowing how she is not supposed to go near swords as they are sharp and dangerous especially when her father and other alps are training with it, she waited at a corner.

"Turgut!" Bamsi called, nodding his head towards Ayla and an instant smile appeared on Turgut's face when he noticed his little beacon of light standing and waiting for him.

"Baba!" She shouted even though it's very rare of her to shout or act chirpy, considering the fact she is mostly observing and smiling. She ran towards him and didn't went straight to his arms, as Bamsi and Dogan made a little group beside Turgut.

Ayla stood beside Turgut and smiled. "Baba.... Ceylan!!" She said and Turgut raised an eyebrow just like Aykiz did.

Turgut kneeled to her level and got a hold of her little hands. "Who is Ceylan, my daughter Ayla?" He asked, looking at his brothers for a second to see if they know something but they didn't.

"Ertu amca! Ceylan!" She told and the reference considering her age was pretty spot on to understand, Turgut was confused while Bamsi and Dogan laughed at Ayla's attempt of saying Ertugrul uncle. They liked how she have little nicknames for everyone.

"Daughter, either I don't understand or...... Oh look your uncle is coming." He announced and standing and taking a hold of Ayla's shoulders he turned her towards from where Ertugrul was entering the training ground.

"Assalamualaikum Brothers!" Ertugrul greeted pressing a hand on his chest while everyone in ground did the same and continued their training. Ertugrul immediately noticed the little group of his alps and his angel, formed at a corner and started walking towards them, with a smile tugged on his lips.

"What is happening here hmm?" He asked pulling Ayla's cheeks. "My angel, how are you?" He asked smiling at her.

"Apparently, Ayla have a riddle, we can't solve but she is giving you as reference so you might understand." Dogan explained. Smiling, Ertugrul looked down at Ayla and found her grinning too.

"Ertu Amca!" Though her Amca sound more like umma, it never fails to make Ertugrul giggle. "Ceylan!" She told with a pout and Ertugrul too seemed to be confused for a second but then, he knew what she was talking about.

A smile tugged on his lips but this time a bigger one. "Ceylan is in the tribe?" He asked and she nodded with a giggle and repeated the word Ceylan.

Dogan looked up from Ayla to the entrance of training ground through which Mavi Hatun and Banu Çiçek were entering. Looking at Mavi Hatun, it clicked his mind. "Ohh!" He said smiling while Ertugrul looked at Ayla only.

"Selam Hatunlar!" Dogan greeted, his attention more at Banu Çiçek. Ertugrul looked up to see Mavi Hatun. "Welcome Mavi Hatun, Halime Sultan is also here, I suppose." Ertugrul asked and Mavi nodded. He sounded so desperate, so happy, so ready to just go to her.

"She is with other hatuns right now, she wanted to discuss somethings with Bey families but Gumustekin Bey and Gundogdu Bey aren't in tribe so she is waiting for them. She have a few things to discuss with you too about Hatun alps." She explained and deep down she too knew, she would've never explained everything to Tugtekin considering his very uncomfortable behavior.

"I will talk to her when the chance arises." Ertugrul informed even though his heart was aching to go to her right now.

"Brother you can go talk to her, we are looking at alps." Bamsi said, looking at Dogan from the corner of his eyes. "Yes brother, this bear is right, we will manage everything." They said and giggled. Ertugrul knew what's in their mind, he was even grateful to them for it.

"Okay then! I will drop Ayla to the tent too and Banu Çiçek Hatun.... gather all the Hatuns who are interested in taking part in war." Ertugrul ordered and pressing a hand on her chest, she nodded. "Hadi Ayla!"

Taking a hold of Ayla's small hand, they started walking out of training area. "Who knew my little Ayla would catch up with the word Ceylan so quick hmm?" He looked down at Ayla, knowing she don't understand much being only three but he kept talking. He always talks to her because at the end, she is the only one who listens to him. "I thought my secrets are secure with you but...." He stopped and raised an eyebrow. "You only met her twice and that too not when I was there, one time I was actually but still how you knew she was the Ceylan gozlu I used to mention?"

Ayla didn't replied, she just kept walking holding Ertugrul's hand. "You ignoring me my angel?" He quietly asked with a giggle and there was no reply again.

"ANNE!!" Ayla let go out Ertugrul's hand and ran to hug Aykiz's legs. Aykiz with whom Halime was standing.

"Halime Sultan wanted to meet you Ertugrul brother." Aykiz informed smirking and Halime wanted to tear it off her lips, she was too playful. Ertugrul nodded looking at Halime.

"I will take care of our guest Aykiz Hatun." Ertugrul smirked back at Aykiz, the only way to hide his blush.

Halime stepped forward and stood beside Ertugrul, joining him. Ayla waved at Halime giggling and Halime did the same. She stick her tongue out looking at Ertugrul and so did he, something that made Halime laugh and adore.

"She is like ray of sunshine." Halime commented, turning towards Ertugrul.

"She is my angel, I share alot with her but today she exposed me." He said and Halime laughed, she knew.... he didn't knew that.

"I liked the name..... Ceylan." She commented as they started walking, knowing well that keeping eye contact right now might end up with confessions. Eyes are such scary thing, they never hide anything, they expose you so bad.

"Because you have gazelle eyes." Ertugrul informed.

"Because we met because of a beautiful eyed gazelle." She added.

"I would love Ceylan to be our daughter's name." Ertugrul commented and Halime stopped in mid tracks. Our daughter! Our daughter! It kept ringing in her head again and again. A pink tint spread on her cheeks and she looked away. Her mood was better now, brighter and more colorful than it was moments back.

She made the eye contact that was scaring her. She wasn't afraid if it end up with confessions, not at that moment.

"You are going fast Ertugrul Bey."

"I can't repeat my mistake again, can I?" He asked and still she didn't looked away from him. They were standing in the middle of the tribe, in everyone's attention though it didn't affected the moment to get ruined for any one of them.

"I guess I'm more prepared now too." She answered.

"Uh huh? What thing prepared you Halime? Was it the longings.... you needed time or-"

"You think I wanted time? Didn't I looked as sure years back as I look today?" She asked. "My war with my family is what prepared me." She informed, playing with her fingers, rotating her ring around her finger.

"It's quite loose for your finger." Ertugrul commented staring at her ring and she nodded. He took his hand out infront of her and demanded the ring.

"What will you do?" She asked.

"I will fix it in such a way that it won't be too tight to hurt you or too loose to scare you that you might lose it." He told and she handed it to him. Ertugrul examined it in his hands, it was a pretty simple and decent ring with a white stone embedded in middle. "It's beautiful." He commented.

"It's of my grandmother." She informed.

"It's very precious.... don't worry, I'll take care of it. It's like you gave me a piece of yours, I'll keep it safe... with me!"

"Just like my heart." She murmured, secretly hoping he won't hear it but also loving the idea of him knowing what she said.

"What you did in that war Halime?" He questioned as curiosity grew closer to him and yes, he heard her that's why he chose to ask that question... she gave him his heart, she fought a war because of leaving her heart with him, he wanted to know about it.

"I... I made mistakes to show myself unworthy of being next Ayubi Sultan's wife. I... I embarrassed my family..... I acted selfish. Ayubi Sultan took back his proposal, I.... came at peace but then..." She stopped as she bit her lower lip, deciding whether to continue or not but knowing that look in Ertugrul's eyes, she continued. She had to tell him, she fought her war too. "I spent nights in dungeon Ertugrul Bey..... again."

It shocked him. Her in dungeon. Again. He knew she would have put up a fight for sure but thinking late Sultan Allaedin would put her in dungeon just because she fought for herself never crossed his mind.

She started walking again. He didn't. He stared at her back, silently walking towards the training area. She knew he wasn't walking with her, he stopped right there where she revealed a big piece of her past with him.

She didn't knew she was going to tell him everything that day. She wasn't prepared but she couldn't keep it to herself too.

Ertugrul without saying another word, caught up with her before she could reach training area knowing Tugtekin would be there, but the space between them was painfully silent.

"I don't like Tugtekin." She confessed, still looking ahead and he couldn't help but wonder what his cousin did again.

"I don't mind you not liking him, I'm also not his biggest fan. Our feelings are mutual in his case."

"Don't ask me anything else about this but I want to ask you to he.... help me stay away from him Ertugrul.... I don't like the look in his eyes."

One confession after another, Ertugrul didn't knew where this was leading them into. He couldn't stop his steps right now that he started taking with Halime.... actually years back, he didn't even wanted to but he wanted to stop for a while, rest, breathe, hold her and ask her, what happened, how it happened, what you went through, what did you meant by that but she already told him to not ask so he didn't.

He nodded silently. She smiled silently. They both kept walking silently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 14.2K 41
Loving someone at their best is easy But make efforts to love someone at their worst is something else. They meet as fire. Then broke as glass. He Lo...
289K 16.2K 46
Highest rank #38 in spiritual. Completed meet Hatina, a young muslimah who always dreamed of being loved, but anyone she loved never loved her back...
47.4K 2.5K 29
Snippets of alternate outcomes in the lives and enduring love story of Can Divit and Sanem Aydin. When I started out with this story, I only intended...
23.2K 2.8K 27
Part 2 of " The Return Home Series" Seven years they had been apart. The most challenging years of their lives. A new beginning for Sanem Aydin in Ga...