Undeniable - Stefan Salvatore

By StefanForever1864

"I didn't plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt you planned on falling in love with me. But once we m... More

Disclaimer
Epigraph + Cast
Prologue
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
The Return
Brave New World
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By The Light Of The Moon
Daddy Issues
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
The Birthday
The Hybrid
The End of the Affair
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Growing Pains
Memorial
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
My Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me If You Can
A View to a Kill
Into the Wild + Down the Rabbit Hole
Stand By Me

Bad Moon Rising

7.2K 185 15
By StefanForever1864

It was too early. Elena had woken Valencia up at 8:00 so they could go over to Stefan's house to discuss something that happened at the carnival. At first, Valencia told her to fuck off and let her sleep, but when Elena told her it had something to do with the Lockwoods, she got out of bed and got ready.

The twins arrived at the Salvatore Boarding House at 9:30. They would have gotten there at 9:00, but Valencia made Elena stop at her favorite bakery. The two strolled into the house and Valencia waved at Stefan, not even acknowledging Damon's presence. She was still pissed at him for killing Jeremy and trying to kill Caroline, not to mention the whole Vicki thing.

"So, why did you make me wake up at 8:00 on the weekend?" Valencia asked.

"What do you know about the Lockwoods?" Damon asked.

"Why?"

"Just answer the question," Damon demanded earning him a scoff from Valencia.

Stefan shook his head at his brother. "What he means is, do you know why Tyler and his dad were affected by Johnathan Gilbert's device?"

"No, I don't. I thought maybe one of you would." Valencia sat down on one of the couches in the living room.

"What about Mason? You know anything about him?" Elena asked as she sat down beside her.

"He's considered the black sheep of the family. He's more laid back than Tyler's dad was and it caused them to argue a lot. He was always the cool uncle and brother so it left the Mayor being the serious, strict brother. Why do you wanna know about him?" Valencia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at why they were interested in Tyler's family.

Before anyone could answer her, Mr. Saltzman walked into the room. Damon smirked at him. "Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

Alaric rolled his eyes and said, "Elena mentioned you needed my help."

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family," Stefan told him as he moved to stand behind the twins.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked in confusion.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." At the mention of their vampire birth mother, Valencia tensed and looked at Elena who was avoiding making eye contact with her.

Elena looked at Alaric and elaborated. "Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together."

"You said that she had spent years researching this town," Stefan recalled.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls is rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction."

Damon smirked at Alaric's words. "Like that amazing vampire story."

Elena rolled her eyes at him. "Aside from vampires, what else?"

"The lycanthrope."

"Wait, like werewolves?" Valencia asked in a 'really' tone.

Damon shook his head. "No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney."

"Is it?" Stefan asked as he thought about it.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty-some odd years and never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon asked.

Alaric asked, "Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?"

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler."

Stefan added to Damon's statement. "And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers. It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity."

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is." Elena looked at Alric with pleading eyes.

Alaric sighed. "Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing."

"So can we get access to it? Ric, we need to know what we are dealing with. If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior, which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed."

"You need to update your references. Like how about you're Edward Cullen and Mason's Jacob Black?" Valencia smiled at the glare he gave her. It made waking up at 8:00 on a weekend worth it.

————————

Valencia was in her room, packing a bag to go to Duke. She didn't want to go but Elena was making her seeing as she had nothing else to do. She was almost done when she got a text from Tyler.

Ty🔒🪵: kegger at swimming hole!!!! wear a 👙

👸Via: picking me up?

Ty🔒🪵: be there in 10

A smile made its way onto Valencia's face as she made her way over to her swimsuit drawer. She didn't have to go look for answers in her vampire birth mom's research and couldn't be happier. It sounded so boring and being stuck in a car with Damon and her teacher would be awkward as hell.

A sexy one-piece bathing suit sat on the top and Valencia smirked. It was a little bit risque, but that's why she bought it. Plus, she looked amazing in it and it accentuated her curves.

"Elena!" Valencia shouted, knowing her twin would hear her even though her door was shut.

"What?!"

"Tyler's having a party at the swimming hole and I'm going!"

Elena opened Valencia's bedroom door and walked in. "Really? You're supposed to be coming with me to Duke."

"Yes, really and I didn't even want to go in the first place. You were making me go because I didn't have anything else to do, now I do."

"You're going to make me go with Damon by myself?"

"Mr. Saltzman will be there."

"It's not the same and you know it."

"Sorry, Twinnie, but I'm going swimming. I've had enough of Damon over the past few days. Besides, if you don't want to go with just Damon and Mr. Saltzman then wait until Stefan can go with you."

"The sooner we know about werewolves the better."

"Sucks to be you then." Valencia smiled innocently at the offended look on Elena's face before she put her hands on Elena's shoulders and pushed her out of her room. "I have to change. Have fun."

Valencia shut the door in her face and locked it. Elena glared at the door before she turned to walk back to her room only to see Stefan standing in her bedroom doorway with a smile on his face.

"Shut up." Elena scowled playfully.

"It's nice to see you two getting along again." Stefan knew how much she missed Valencia and how distancing herself from her to keep her out of the supernatural was hard for her to do. It was hard for him as well. He had become friends with Valencia and when she found out he was a vampire, she wasn't scared or judgemental like Elena or anyone that found out what he was. It was a change of pace and refreshing.

"Yeah, it is." Elena smiled brightly.

"You ready?" Stefan asked at the sound of a car horn honking, signaling them to hurry up.

"No, but let's go anyways." Elena got her duffle bag and the two headed downstairs.

————————

Damon watched as his brother and Elena kissed goodbye, jealousy filled him at the sight. He rolled his eyes at the couple and told them it was time to go. Before he and Elena could get in the car, a truck pulled into the Gilbert's driveway and honked. Elena, Stefan, and Damon watched as the driver's side window rolled down to reveal Tyler.

"What's he doing here?" Damon sneered.

Elena rolled her eyes at the oldest Salvatore's tone. "Probably picking up Via."

"I don't understand how she can stand the douchebag nonetheless to be friends with him."

"I wonder the same thing about you and Alaric," Stefan smirked at his brother.

Damon didn't reply though. He was too busting staring at Valencia with wide eyes and his jaw dropped. "Fuck me."

Stefan and Elena looked at him in confusion before following his line of sight. There was Valencia in all her glory, walking down the steps of the porch in her pink one-piece bathing suit.

(Ignore the drink in her hand and imagine she's also wearing denim shorts.)

Stefan stared at the blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty with his eyes widened and mouth agape. She looked sexy as fuck and he couldn't take his eyes off of her much like his brother. The confidence she exuded added to her attractiveness.

Elena rolled her eyes at her sister but couldn't stop the envy that ran through her. Valencia was way more confident and comfortable with her body than Elena was with her own. The envy turned to jealousy when she saw the way her boyfriend was starting at Valencia.

Tyler's yelling broke the daze the Salvatore Brothers were in. "Damn, Via! Who you trying to impress wearing that?!"

Valencia laughed and shook her head. "I bought it when I was dating that junior last year. We broke up before I got the chance to wear it, so I thought that I would wear it today and show him what he's missing."

"Drew Fell's not gonna know what hit him! He's gonna bust in his pants when he sees you." Tyler cracked up laughing and so did Valencia.

"How much you wanna bet he comes up to me today all flirty and nice trying to get with me by the end of the night?" Valencia asked.

Tyler brought his hand up and pretended to stoke an imaginary beard in thought. "I bet he's following you around like a lost puppy within the first hour of being there."

Valencia pursed her lips and brought a finger up to tap on them in faux thought. "I bet within 30 minutes for $50."

"I'll take that action." Tyler reached his hand out the window and she shook it before rounding the truck and getting in the passenger side.

"Valencia use to date Drew Fell?" Stefan asked in curiosity. He never would have guessed that they were a thing. Drew was a complete egotistical asshole who had no respect for women.

Elena nodded with a roll of her eyes at the mention of her twin's ex. "Yeah, the asshole cheated on her." A laugh escaped Elena as she thought about how Valencia broke up with him. "When she found out about it, she put itching powder in his jockstrap. He stripped his entire uniform off on the football field in front of the whole town and the opposing team and the audience. It was hilarious. Tanner was so pissed and embarrassed that he suspended him for like six games."

————————

The kegger had been going on for 30 minutes now and Valencia was with Tyler and Matt drinking beer from a red solo cup. The two had told Matt about their bet and he just shook his head at the two. He was used to them making bets, Valencia winning most of them, and Tyler pouting whenever he lost.

This bet was no different and Valencia had $50 more in her wallet than she did when she left home. All it took was Valencia taking her shorts off within five minutes of being there and Drew was following her around trying to charm his way into her bathing suit.

"I don't know why you keep betting against her especially when the bet is about her." Matt laughed at the scowl on Tyler's face.

"Don't be a sore loser, Ty." Valencia poked fun at him.

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Whatever, is it me or did Aimee Bradley's ass get hot?"

Matt shook his head and sarcastically said, "All class."

Tyler shrugged. "Where is Forbes?"

"I wish I knew." Matt's answer made Valencia sigh, she hated keeping secrets from them. She would've told them if it was just her secret, but it wasn't.

"You guys are on the outs already?"

"No. We're fine. I'm fine. I'm just not sure what she is."

"She just went through major surgery and almost died. She's probably just coming to terms with it." Valencia wasn't necessarily lying, Caroline was coming to terms with something it just wasn't almost dying. It was actually dying and becoming a vampire and then killing someone.

At the sound of a car engine, the trio turned around and saw Mason in his Ford Bronco. Matt asked Tyler, "What's your uncle doing here?"

Tyler didn't answer instead he walked over to Mason's rolled-down window and talked to him. Valencia yelled after him, "Rude! You could've answered instead of just walking away!"

Matt laughed when Tyler held his middle finger up and laughed even harder when Valencia threw her cup at him and it bounced off his head.

Valencia pouted as she looked at her empty hands. "Now I need another drink."

With a shake of his head, Matt grabbed a cup and filled it before handing it to her. The two were talking for a little while when Aimee Bradley came up to them, her eyes focused on Matt. Valencia raised an eyebrow in question as the girl acted like she wasn't even there.

Matt being the nice guy like always handed her a beer-filled cup and greeted her, "Hey Aimee."

"Thanks. You know, you're missing all the fun in the water." Aimee blatantly flirted with him.

Matt held up his arm with the cast on it. "Not waterproof."

"Too bad. So, there's a full moon tonight. We're gonna light a fire later and tell ghost stories."

"Ooh, sounds fun. Count me in." Valencia subtly stepped in front of Matt.

"Too bad I wasn't inviting you. Sorry, you have to go find another guy to hang off of and throw yourself at," Aimee said snarkily.

Valencia stepped up to her ready to go off when she saw Caroline behind Aimee. A smirk graced her lips as Caroline greeted Matt and Aimee's face fell.

Matt looked at his girlfriend in shock. "What the hell? I've been calling you."

Caroline sighed. "I know, I got held up but I'm here now."

"Hi, Caroline." Aimee greeted acting like she wasn't just flirting with the blonde's boyfriend.

The new vampire looked in Aimee's eyes and compelled her. "Go find somebody single to stalk, Aimee."

"Seriously?" Matt asked in disbelief at the way she was acting.

Valencia looked in between the couple and backed away. "I'm gonna go."

After she backed away, she turned and ran into something hard, or should she say, someone. Valencia looked up and was met by forest green eyes. She smiled and greeted him, "Stefan, hi."

"Hi, Valencia." Stefan smiled down at her, his eyes never leaving hers. He had a girlfriend and he couldn't be looking at another girl's body especially when that girl was his girlfriend's twin sister.

"Whatcha doin'?" Valencia asked like Isabella from Phineas and Ferb.

Stefan shook his head with a smile. "Making sure Caroline doesn't hurt anyone."

"Fun," Valencia said sarcastically.

"Almost as much fun as scolding her for compelling Aimee is going to be."

"Wow, Stefan Salvatore is being sarcastic. And here I thought the only thing you could do was brood." Valencia teased.

Stefan gave her a 'really' look before something behind her caught his attention. Over her shoulder, he could see Drew Fell glaring at him. He looked back down at Valencia. "Your ex looks like he wants to kill me."

"Eh, he's harmless. Besides, everyone knows you and Elena are together. He's just pissed that I turned him down again."

"Valencia!" The two turned their heads to see Caroline walking up to them.

"Hey, Care!"

"Can you believe Aimee Bradley? Like what the hell, he has a girlfriend and you know it. Not to mention what she said to you." Caroline glared over at Aimee who was now talking to Tyler.

"I was this close to punching her." Valencia held up her hand and brought her thumb and index together, only leaving a small space between them to show just how close she came to snapping.

"You compelled her." Stefan interrupted with disappointment written on his face.

Caroline scoffed. "Yeah, she deserved it."

"Caroline, nobody deserves to have their mind messed with for shallow reasons."

This made Caroline angrier. "You know, why is everyone sticking up for Aimee freaking Bradley?"

"I'm not. She can go fly a kite for all I care." Valencia shrugged and took a sip of her drink.

"Thank you." Caroline smiled at her.

Stefan sighed. "You're letting the jealousy get the best of you."

"Oh, so now I have magnified jealousy issues, too. That's great."

"I told you this wasn't gonna be easy."

"Yeah, well, I might as well have stayed dead. My entire personality is killing me." Valencia and Stefan smiled at the way she worded it. Caroline saw this and said, "Shut up."

————————

After her conversation with Stefan and Caroline, Valencia went for a swim and stayed in the water until Tyler asked everyone to leave due to it getting dark soon. With her body dried off and her denim shorts back on, Valencia gathered her stuff so she and Tyler could leave. Only Tyler was nowhere in sight.

Valencia looked for Matt to ask him if he could drop her off at home and found him walking into the woods, hand in hand with Caroline. A smile graced her lips knowing the two made up, not caring that she didn't have a ride home. She was about to call Jenna when Stefan came running up to her.

"Have you seen Caroline?" He asked in a panicked voice.

"She just went off in the woods with Matt. Why?" Valencia asked worriedly.

"Elena just called me. According to the legend they found, werewolf bites can kill a vampire."

"What? But Caroline's out there and tonight's a full moon. What if Mason is actually a werewolf? What if he finds her and bites her? What about Matt? He'll try to protect Caroline. He could get hurt." Valencia ranted in a panic.

"Hey, hey." Stefan tried to get her to calm down but when that didn't work, he took her face in his hands to make her look at him. "I'm going to go find her, okay? Just calm down and go home."

Valencia stared into his eyes and focused on them, trying to calm herself down. With a shaky breath, she told him, "I came with Tyler and I can't find him."

Stefan cursed in his head, he forgot she didn't drive, and like she said Tyler wasn't anywhere to be found. He took his hands off her cheeks and took one of her hands, lacing it with one of his own. "No matter what, don't let go unless I tell you to."

"Okay."

The two walked into the woods, Valencia's moving closer to him as they did. They walked around for a little bit, Stefan using his vampire hearing to try and find the couple. He stopped walking when Valencia tugged on his hand. He looked down at her in question, but she wasn't looking at him.

"That's Mason's car." Valencia pointed to the black Bronco a few yards away from them.

"Stay close to me," Stefan told her then cautiously walked up to the car.

When they reached the car, the first thing they saw was claw marks on the ground then they saw chains wrapped around the tree next to the car. Stefan tightened his hold on Valencia's hand as he looked into the trunk window. He saw glowing gold eyes and the next thing he knew, a wolf jumped through the window.

The two fell to the ground, Stefan making sure to cover Valencia so that the wolf would hurt him and not her. The wolf though ran away from them causing relief to wash over the two.

"What the fuck just happened?" Valencia asked in shock.

"Mason just happened. Hold on and close your eyes."

Before Valencia could ask why Stefan bent over and picked her up bridal style then vamp sped them through the woods, so they could find Caroline and Matt faster. It wasn't long before Valencia felt Stefan stop running and set her down. She opened her eyes and saw Stefan pull Caroline away from Matt. The two vampires started talking, but all Valencia could focus on was Matt lying on the ground with his neck bleeding.

Valencia rushed over to him and dropped to her knees, bringing his head into her lap. She put her hands on his neck to stop him from bleeding out while she muttered 'it's okay' over and over again.

"Valencia!"

Her head snapped up at Stefan calling her name. "What?"

"Stay with Matt and stay down. We're gonna lead the werewolf away from you two."

Valencia went to argue, scared that one of them would get bitten, but she couldn't as the two were gone in the blink of an eye.

————————

Valencia sat on her bed thinking over what happened tonight and she was trying to come to terms with all of it. It wasn't long after Stefan and Caroline took off that they came back. Caroline compelled Matt to forget that she attacked him instead it was an animal. After that Stefan took Valencia home. She took a shower to wash Matt's blood off of her hands and the dirt on her legs from kneeling on the ground. She was brushing her hair when someone knocked on her door.

"Come in."

The door opened and Stefan walked in. He looked her over to make sure she was okay before he sat on her desk chair and faced her. "I wanted to check on you before I left"

"I'm okay." Valencia smiled softly at him from where she sat.

"Really? I mean after what happened tonight it would be understandable if you weren't okay."

"I know that. Honestly, though I'm okay. Nobody died tonight and at the end of the day, that's all that matters."

Stefan smiled at her and nodded his head in agreement. It amazed him at how well she was handling everything. Especially with how she was around Caroline. The Forbes girl almost killed her, but at the swimming hole, Valencia acted like it didn't happen and acted the way she normally was around the blonde vampire.

"You're something else, you know that?"

"Is that a good thing?" Valencia asked.

"Yeah, it is. Good night, Valencia." Stefan got up and walked out the door but not before Valencia told him, "Good night, Stefan. Thank you for protecting me tonight."

Stefan nodded his head and smiled at her over his shoulder, "You're welcome."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 4.8K 53
Two brothers One girl. Sounds a lot like Katherine Pierce right? The only difference is that Kyra Mikaelson showed up in 1862 and fell in love with S...
2.3M 86.3K 84
โ—Œยจฬฎอš *. stefan salvatore comes to mystic falls with one thing in mind; elena gilbert. instead, he finds himself enamored with athena hunt, and realiz...
282K 1.9K 47
Includes: Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore Stefan Salvatore Bonnie Bennett Caroline Forbes Katherine Pierce