More Than Words

By Achan_21

A KangBi AU wherein a certain quiet transferee piqued the interest of the Student Council President "You sure... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 18

211 14 3
By Achan_21

          Chaeyeon was looking through the shooting games around the arcade, when she spots the game she used to play with Chaeryeong. That game being 'Time crisis 4'.

            Chaeyeon walked to one empty machine and inserted money on the slot and activating her character and automatically, the companion was only a bot, Chaeyeon not having an actual partner to play with.

          The 1st stage started and she just finished it with ease, her shots not missing. She confidently shot all the enemies she sees as her character walked around the facility.

           Chaeyeon was oblivious of a pair of eyes watching her from behind, looking at her play flawlessly. The person had an amused smile as she watched the girl from the back put down the gun controller for a bit to rest her hands.

              The cut scene then started as Chaeyeon rests her hands. Figuring that the cutscene may take a little while, she turned around mindlessly when she catches the stare of a familiar girl behind her. Despite the girl wearing facemask and cap like herself, that didn't stop Chaeyeon from gradually recognising her.

              "Would you like to be my player two?", Chaeyeon said with a smile, although considering that she's wearing a face mask her smile was hidden behind it.

             The other girl was seemingly flustered at the sudden offer and visibly shocked as Chaeyeon noticed the subtle widening of the girl's captivating eyes before returning to its natural size.

             "So... You taking the offer or not? You seemed to be interested in the game...", Chaeyeon said as she titled her head to the side, her hand gesturing the game.

             The girl shyly went towards her and gripped the other gun controller. The girl was about to put her money on the slot when Chaeyeon beat her to it.

             "I will be paying since I was the one who offered in the first place... Just play with me", Chaeyeon said, shifting her gaze away from the girl as she's afraid of what her reaction will be.

            But what Chaeyeon didn't expect was hearing a soft chuckle from beside her. "You sounded so desperate there", the girl said as she lifted the gun controller, focusing on the cutscene as it finishes.

             "Got lonely after my friends got into pairs leading me to play alone here... So I guess I really am desperate to atleast have someone to play with...", Chaeyeon said as they started playing the 2nd stage.

               She noticed that the girl was actually pretty good at the game, almost like pro. "Sounds sad", the girl replied with a grin as she shot an enemy on the head before it shoots Chaeyeon.

             "Meh...", Chaeyeon said with a shrug, continuing on with the game. "Even when we only got close a few days ago... I can say that I'm slightly getting used to being the third wheel", Chaeyeon continued, causing the latter to let out a laugh at Chaeyeon seemingly unbothered yet bothered statement at the same time.

             Chaeyeon had to lie if she said that she didn't love the sound of the latter's laughter. It was soft like it was tickling her ears, her smile widening as hears more of it.

             "I must say that you're good at this", Chaeyeon said as they finished the stage, shifting her gaze from the game screen to the other girl. The girl meeting her gaze, Chaeyeon was sure her brain just shut down and had a whole reboot when that happened.

             "I can say the same thing to you too", The girl said in an amused tone. Chaeyeon brightened up at the compliment.

             The two continued to play, sharing conversations in between cut scenes. That went on for a while until they actually finished the game.

             "I guess that's it...", Chaeyeon trailed off as she glances over the girl. "Yup", the girl replied, bringing the controller back to its original place and puts her hands in her pockets.

              "Well... I know we've been talking during most of the cutscenes and... Uhm... Care to maybe exchange names... I still don't know yours...", Chaeyeon said, stammering at her words.

              "Oh... Right... I'm Sakura... Miyawaki Sakura", Sakura said as she held out her hand for a handshake. "It was nice playing with you, Sakura-ssi... My name is Chaeyeon... Lee Chaeyeon", Chaeyeon muttered as she accepts the handshake, her smile hidden under the face mask.

             "Well... It was nice being your player two but I think I have to get going...", Sakura stated as she releases Chaeyeon's hand. Chaeyeon was hiding her disappointment from the sudden lack of the latter's warm hold on her hand.

             "Oh really? Then see you next time, Sakura-ssi", Chaeyeon mumbled lowly as she lightly waved at the latter. Sakura chuckled and walked pass Chaeyeon, making her way out.

***********************

             Hyewon was back to the office as soon as her meeting finished. The meeting presentation was actually done by the girl she bumped into, Ms. Jieun, she actually did pretty well.

             The meeting went by smothly as Ms. Jieun presented the different methods they can advertise their new products. The meeting passed by with Hyewon not uttering a single word. Even though the meeting actually went well, it also drained Hyewon's energy.

             Shiwoo also followed inside, without saying a word he just went in and sat on the chair he was sitting at earlier. She went to sit again on the swivel chair, checking on her phone.

             Seeing a message notification on her phone, Hyewon smiled to it thinking that it was her friends but as soon as she saw who it was her smile slowly faded as she released a deep sigh.

From: Dad
Hyewon don't go home yet. I've still got work for you. There will be papers to be sent there that you need to sign for me. Do that and you'll go home.

            Hyewon let her phone down on the desk as she released another sigh. She looked up at the office ceiling, feeling exhausted already. Her father sure do love ordering her around.

            Soon enough, a knock was heard from the other side of the door. "I'll get it Maam", Shiwoo muttered as he walked to the door, opening it.

              As Shiwoo opened the door, he was welcomed by the sight of an employee carrying a pile of paperwork with him. "Sir Donghyun said to deliver this to Maam and said that she needs to sign all of it", the employee informed Shiwoo as he walked in the office.

               The employee went in carrying the pile and walked towards Hyewon's desk. Hyewon eyed the pile as the employee placed it down on her desk, bowing to her after.

               Hyewon timidly smiled at the employee. The employee then leaves after doing his job delivering the paperworks, bowing to them again before closing the door of the office.

                Shiwoo went back to his seat and looked at the pile, pity grazing his expression as he then looks at Hyewon as the younger seemed to massage her forhead as she closes her eyes for a moment, taking in what's happening.

              As Hyewon opened her eyes, she started going through the files. Signing paperwork was something she would never imagine doing on a Sunday when normally, Sundays are spent on the comfort of her room as she relaxes after a long week.

              Hyewon just wanted to go out and have fun. She just wants to enjoy her youth before she gets devoured by her duties in the society. All Hyewon can do is to sigh and comply with her father's wishes.

************************

             Chaewon and Minju went in the arcade and walked around, with Chaewon's hand still holding Minju's as they looked for the others.

             While walking, Minju can't help but glace at her hand intertwined with the older's. "Her hand is so warm...", Minju thought as she stares intently at their intertwined hands. Minju then felt her cheeks flush looking at it.

             She then immediately looked around, everywhere but their hands, as she tries to shake off those butterflies in her stomach.

             While Minju was busy getting flustered by her own thoughts, Chaewon spoted Hitomi and Nako laughing along their own conversations.

             Minju suddenly felt Chaewon dragging her along with her grip on her hand tightening a bit, she looks at where they're heading and also sees the two japanese.

            "Hey Nako-chan Hii-chan... Are you guys done playing?", Chaewon greeted the two as she and Minju gets closer to them. The two halted the ir conversation when they heard Chaewonvs voice.

            They looked at the direction her voice is coming from and saw Chaewon with Minju. What caught their attention though is the fact that Chaewon was holding Minju's hand.

            Noticing the two japanese's stare towards their intertwined hands, Minju looked down, embarrassed while Chaewon didn't care one bit.

            "Yeah...", Nako said as she looked at the two. "Well then let's go find the others", Chaewon said as she gestured them to come along before walking pass them.

             The two stood up and followed Minju and Chaewon from behind as they then find Yena and Yuri walking around. "Duckie!", Yena heard her cousin's voice call out for her. Yuri and Yena turn their heads and saw the four girls.

           "Let's go", Chaewon said as she tapped Yena's shoulder. While Chaewon was doing that Yuri's eyes catches the sight of their hands and looked teasingly at Minju.

           Minju looked away, hiding her reddening cheeks. Nako and Hitomi who's watching Minju from behind giggled at the act of the girl.

           After a short conversation with Yena Chaewon again leads them to look for the other three girls. Not before she sees the teasing look Yuri is giving her.

             Yujin actually happened to find them as she and Wonyoung were also looking for them after playing basketball. The girl came running to them and started boasting about beating the past highscore on the machine.

            Yujin babbled about getting the highscore and also retorted about having Wonyoung as her witness when Yena doubted her statement. Wonyoung just camly walked towards the group, shaking her head at the undying energy of her friend.

            With Yujin having her hand around Yena as they talked about their scores and whatnot, the group continued to look for Chaeyeon.

              They see her sitting on one of the chairs on the corner, zoning out. Yujin then removed her hand from around Yena's shoulder and ran to Chaeyeon.

              Yujin straight up ran and pounced on Chaeyeon like the big dog that she is. Thankfully, Chaeyeon was broken from her trance when her mind registered the tall girl running to her with wide arms and a bright grin as she got ready for the impact.

            Chaeyeon stumbled but managed to balace herself after feeling herself get engulfed in a 'big dog' hug from Yujin. They all know that Yujin can be an energizer, seeing from how she was during dance practices but now being with her the whole day, she wonders where the puppy gets her all energy.

             Wonyoung was kind enough to break it off and lightly scold Yujin about not doing that without warning as it can cause them to fall. Yujin just grinned at her and embraced her intead.

             That causes Wonyoung to abruptly stop her nagging and hugged the puppy back without thinking. "Aigoo... PDA PDA", Yuri said as she looked at the two. Chaeyeon chuckling and walked towards the group.

              Wonyoung frees herself from Yujin's embrace. "So... Let's go home?...", Chaeyeon said questioningly at the group to which they nodded. "Well then let's go", Yena said as they started to make their way out of the arcade and out of the mall.

*****************************

안녕~

Hello guys^_^ been overly excited about Yena's comeback that I almost forgot that I have to write an update

I'm so proud of the girls^_^ With every project they do, I find myself loving them even more if that's even possible ^_^

With that said, enjoy this chapter guys and have a nice day^_^

As always, opinions are always welcome^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 489 12
Yulyen/yenyul ff It's complicated but gays
21.2K 979 13
The school's troublemaker Jang Wonyoung is at the risk of expulsion after one of her pranks go a bit too far. In order to save her, Class President A...
3.4K 201 27
wonyoung is a new transfer student at ive collage she scare to meet new people because at the previous collage she always get bullied. What will happ...
119K 5.1K 42
"Why am I feeling this way?" Date Started:03/21/20 Date Ended:05/22/20 Highest Ranking(s) #1 - izone #1 - yulyen #1 - yena #1 - annyeongz #1 - 2kim #...