perfect now - k. bokuto

By ushijimoo

𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰 ↳ in which two soulmates crave... More

introduction
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six

chapter seventeen

4.3K 188 84
By ushijimoo

- y/n pov -

"up, up, up." kinoshita pulled me up and out of the futon before i even processed he was standing next to me. "you have to go to the training camp today. you're one of the managers for crying out loud."

"i'm up, i'm up." i swatted his hands away and rolled over to grab my toothbrush and clothes. "now go away."

"i'm following you to the bathroom cause if i don't you're probably going to run back in here and fall back asleep." kinoshita walked out with me.

"i won't." i covered my mouth and yawned. true to his words, kinoshita stood outside while i changed into gym clothes and got ready for the day.

"maybe you can ask coach ukai if you can play with us." he suggested.

"nah, this camp is for you're benefit. you guys are the worst ones out there." i said truthfully.

"don't need to remind me." he glared at me and i raised my hands up before walking ahead of him into the gym. everyone was already warming up inside and my eyes sought out one person.

bokuto glanced over at the doors when it closed and he smiled at me- in my direction. he started to walk over to me and kinoshita patted my back before he walked away from me.

"hey hey hey! morning y/n!" he didn't stop when he walked but instead he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and turned on his heels to face me.

"good morning." i could feel my skin warming from his touch which was insane because i didn't know i could get so affected by him like that.

i was hopeful that he wouldn't have remembered the last thing i said to him last night or he didn't think too much about it.

i still don't know what made me say that. i'm never that bold. that one sentence i said was replaying in my mind all night and i could barely sleep because of one stupid sentence that my stupid mouth decided to say.

"hellooo?" there was a tap on the side of my head. i turned my head and was met with pain in the eye. "i didn't mean to do that! i didn't think that you would've turned your head!"

i covered my eye with my hand and squeezed it shut to lessen the uncomfortable sting. "it's okay." i could see bokuto flapping his hands around, trying to help me. "bokuto, honestly, i'm okay."

"i am really sorry."

a shiver ran through me and bokuto noticed that. "why are you shivering?" he panicked. "it's hot outside if you're cold you can go outside."

"no, it's just-" another cold feeling. "soulmate things."

"bokuto!" a fukurodani player shouted out for him. "games starting!" he didn't even bat an eye at his teammate.

"you should go. it's just a little poke in the eye." i waved him off but he was persistent to stay. "go." i placed my hands on his back- very firm back- and pushed him forwards.

"okay okay." bokuto looked back at my eye one more time before running off. i watched him go before turning back to my team.

"hey." maria looked up at me from where she was sitting. i could tell she definitely saw me with bokuto and was just waiting to say something.

"get it out with." i fixed up the water bottles in the bin while she began to talk.

"you guys are so cute." she groaned. "like the awkward kind of cute. i mean, you're awkward around him, but he's all bubbly. you should see the way he looks for you when you're not looking though."

"that's great and all, but there's this stupid soulmate equation to add." i used to never care about the soulmate bond until now. until i caught actual feelings for someone.

what would happen if i did make a move and then bokuto finds his soulmate? or what if i find my soulmate? that would be a mess.

"i'll buy you any snacks you want if you confess to him by the end of this week." maria offered and i paused in my organizing.

"bet." it can't be that hard.

~~~

i have been avoiding bokuto like the plague.

every time i see him, i am running in the opposite direction. i'm dragging kinoshita and maria with me everywhere so i don't run into him alone.

i didn't expect to get so anxious. i just have to walk up to him and say three words. "i like you." simple, right apparently not.

and it doesn't help that something's gotten into my soulmate and made them sad for the longest time. walking around with a chill running down my back isn't pleasant.

the day was over and i was walking to gym three, not really paying attention to anything. my thoughts were distracting enough.

"where are you going?" kuroo's voice appeared from behind me. i turned around and saw him leaning against the doorway with bokuto behind him, already looking at me.

"wasn't paying attention." i responded and walked back and through the double doors. bokuto followed behind me and i saw that akaashi, kei, and maria were already there.

bokuto was still behind me, but he didn't speak up. he didn't even need to talk to get my attention. i looked behind me for a second and i'm not sure what i expected other than bokuto still looking at me.

"hey." he nodded at me when i made eye contact.

"hi." i gave him a smile that he returned with a bright smile of his own. i don't think i'll ever get used to his smiles.

"kuroo, can i play music?" maria asked and pulled out her phone. he walked over to her and looked over her shoulder.

"depends on the music." they began discussing music choices and i could hear them bickering over the songs.

"did i do something?" bokuto suddenly asked.

"no." i spun around to face him. he was looking at me, his expression more dreary than his usual happiness. "why would you think that?"

"it's just that you've been avoiding me all day and i didn't know if i did anything to upset you or something." a wave of guilt hit me.

"i'm sorry. i was just busy today." i explained quickly. "i didn't think you would realize i wasn't around you today."

"i've gotten quite used to your company it's easy to notice you're not there." he admitted with ease.

"really?" i nearly melted at his words.

"uh huh." he stretched his arms over his head and dropped one over my shoulders like usual. that was his move. one move that i liked far too much for my own good.

"so, will i see you tomorrow?" he interrupted before i could answer. "not see, i look at you all the time. will i talk to you tomorrow?"

my mind was still stuck on the "i look at you all the time" part to answer his question right away. "oh, yes, yes you will. i'll be around."

he smiled at me again and i felt a rush of emotions run through me. i think i'm way too attached to his smiles. but he has that smile that's never fake and something that can brighten up the worst of times.

"okay fine, play your music." kuroo threw his hands into the air while maria let out a cheer at winning the fight for the song.

she played the song on her phone and turned the volume up all the way so everyone could hear. i recognized the song from one of her favorite bands.

"i know this song." bokuto gasped and began to nod his head along to the music. maria was doing a little dance and trying to get kei to join in.

she gave up after a while and her eyes zeroed in on bokuto who was started to dance more than just head bop next to me.

she glanced over to me like she needed some type of approval. i slid out from under bokuto's arm and he looked at me, confused.

his confused expression changed once maria started to dance next to him. kuroo, kei, akaashi, and i were watching the two of them have a little performance in the middle of the gym.

they ended their dance with a cartwheel that ended with them cartwheeling into each other and falling to the ground.

both of them burst out laughing and their laughter was contagious. a smile pulled at my lips at both of them being happy.

i was well aware that i was staring at bokuto a little longer than usual even after kuroo cleared his throat a bunch of times.

i heard kei let out his iconic "tch" before he walked over to the dancing duo and picked maria up. he threw her over his shoulder and she let out a happy shout in surprise.

kuroo and i were watching them with interest at kei's newfound boldness while akaashi was bouncing a volleyball against the floor.

while bokuto was sulking over kei taking away his dancing partner, maria seemed completely fine being with my brother.

i walked over to bokuto and lightly kicked his leg to get his attention. "are we playing volleyball yet?" hinata ran through the doors, out of breath from running. "sorry i'm late!"

"he would've been fun to dance with." i mentioned to bokuto who was still sitting on the floor.

"let's play." kuroo stood with his hands on his hips to wait for us to get ready to actually practice volleyball.

before i could drag bokuto up off the floor, he grabbed onto my legs, wrapped it around his waist, and stood up with me on his back.

i tightened my legs around his waist and my arms flew around his neck. "bokuto!" he looked over his shoulder and grinned at me.

"come on, you kids." kuroo tried to get us to start warming up, but none of us really listened except hinata. maria was still hanging over kei's shoulder and i was still on bokuto's back. "come onnn."

"maybe if you stop calling us kids we'll start listening!" maria called out.

"come on, guys."

"there are two girls here."

"you are a pain in the ass." kuroo deadpanned. maria beamed at him before getting down from kei's arms.

"thank you. it's one of my favorite hobbies." she began to bend forward to touch her toes and i noticed my brother's eyes being glued to the ceiling.

i slid off bokuto's back and reached for a volleyball. "kuroo! heads up." i served the volleyball, aiming for his head. he turned around to face me causing the volleyball to hit him right in the forehead.

"y/n." he glared at me. i gave him an innocent smile and it faded once he started to run towards me. i turned on my heels and ran until i hid behind akaashi to use him as my human shield.

bokuto and kuroo were now teaming up n me and trying to get me away from akaashi. i glanced over to hinata and saw that he was actually stretching and getting ready and i didn't even know if kei and maria were paying attention to anything but themselves.

that's cute. i always liked them together and kei's had a crush on maria ever since we were eight she stole his tshirt when it was raining and we all got soaked.

they had a type of attraction for each other that only they understood. an outsider looks at them and sees two people who bicker and fight all the time. a friend looks at them and see two people fighting to avoid their feelings. they look at each other and just see affection and soft smiles.

i wanted that.

while i was distracted, bokuto grabbed my waist and pulled me back into his arms. my heart started beating way too fast and my skin felt warm.

his laughter rung in my ear and my own laugh came out of my mouth when he spun me around. he stopped spinning us around, but kept his arms around me.

we were just hugging at this point and i didn't want to leave this embrace.

plus, it didn't seem like he wanted to let go.

~~~
do i have a crush or am i only interested cause he gives me attention and called me cute and gave me a heads up that he wasn't leaving me on open but his phone was acting up..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 9K 17
A book about bokuto x reader ;)
187 44 15
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘵-𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘯 𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘦𝘢�...
1.3M 50K 79
𝐢'𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧' 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ↳ in which two people are added to a group chat
52.9K 2.7K 15
in which akaashi wakes up with the ability to read minds, and a certain girl needs to help him get control of himself • akaashi keiji x fem!reader